words don't come that easy.

By hardlysober

I've tried. but i've always failed to contain these thousand words in a few sentences, maybe im bad at expres... More

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
xx
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

x

119 17 5
By hardlysober

27.12.21
01:04

An ominous disquiet has settled over the city, but I still picture you riding your bike through the narrow streets, breathing in the stagnant air of the neighborhood. Parked under the yellow haze of a sodium street lamp with an unlit cigarette resting between your thumb and forefinger, do you wonder how I am? Beneath these layers of blankets, with a cloud of humid warmth surrounding my being. The same as before, except this time the warmth does not lie.

But I still reach for the art that we made together, the voices replaying like a broken vintage record in my head. The words that flow out of me like poetry. I still reach for the phone underneath my pillow, wishing you'll call again, with all the wonders and desires of the world holed up in my mouth. I still reach into my heart for our tear-stained tapestry but my fingers only find loose strands of tarnished thread. We had a cat and mouse kind of love, you and I. You ran, but I wanted to eat you alive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.3K 2.2K 200
This book is for you, who wants to read about what life can be like, most of the times. This book has reminders, poetry, tips and tricks, quotes, te...
146 9 61
They say, "Be careful what you wish for." They say, "There's truth to every story." They say, "Karma's a B***h." A heart's wish is a powerful thing. ...
719 3 45
If you've ever felt burdened by being a sophomore in college your not alone. I'm writing these and posting them as I go along. So we can feel less al...
65 0 21
August is slipping through our hands like a half-sipped bottle of wine and this year for me has been the most Unhinged, deranged, yet somehow on some...