two birds | arcane viktor β™‘

By cup_ofmilk

❝ π˜›π˜Έπ˜° 𝘣π˜ͺ𝘳π˜₯𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘒 𝘧𝘦𝘒𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘴𝘒𝘺 𝘡𝘩𝘒𝘡 𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘺'𝘳𝘦 𝘒𝘭𝘸𝘒𝘺𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘒 𝘴𝘡𝘒𝘺 𝘡... More

two birds meet
the water's polluted
perfect friend
bunny
mother
father
invitation and invention
comfort sleep
π˜₯𝘦𝘴π˜ͺ𝘳𝘦 to help
shopping

golden eyes

2.1K 112 45
By cup_ofmilk

"Are you sure you know what you're doing?"

"Come on, Vik. We've been doing this for days, of course I know what I'm doing, you taught me!"

"Err, well, that's kind of the wrong-"

They both screamed, jumping back as the small machine exploded, the boom was loud enough to scare the birds into flying away, Ica covering her face thankful she pulled herself away a millisecond faster before it could blow her up. She stood up and, for a few seconds, froze on her spot, her head turning to look for something—anything—to stop the growing fire on their poor little invention.

Viktor scrambled away from it, covering his nose to avoid inhaling the smoke, he might already have enough toxins in his lungs to pollute a whole city but he still didn't want to risk getting more. He broke eye contact with the fire to watch his friend grab a small bucket, hurrying to the river on the side, using it to fill itself of the chemical-filled water then running back to where he was.

"No no no no!" He exclaimed, waving his hands in desperation of stopping her. But it was too late, as soon as she threw the water it immediately bursted into large flames. "Ica!"

She had her hands on her head, yelling out words he couldn't understand, and will not bother to understand as he does not have time to sit still as his bestfriend stands beside the fire, close enough that if the fire had arms it would be able to reach her.

He groaned and pushed himself up, limping closer to get his cane and grabbing her hand to drag her away from it, pulling harder when she resisted, her free arm stretched out to reach for the burning invention. "Stop! Get away from it!"

They now sat on the moss covered tower, Viktor's legs dangling on the ledge, watching their invention burn down like butter. He let out an exaggerated sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose as his upper body shakes along with his friend's dramatic sobbing on his back, her arms wrapped tightly around his stomach like he was some sort of emotional support animal.

"I'm so sorry." She cried out loud. "I keep messing it up, it's not my intention to mess everything up! I swear I didn't mean to!"

Ugh, I can't believe this. He only wanted to finish something so he could figure out what to present for the contest, but his own bestfriend's making it harder for him. Why is this happening to me.

"It's okay," he told her this probably the hundredth time this week, repeating the same phrase he would say after. "You have no reason to blame yourself, it is only normal to keep failing until we can figure out how to succeed."

She cried harder. "I wasted all our materials, I'm sorry. We have used everything that we have, there's nothing now. Nothing! Everything, gone!"

He deadpanned, he couldn't even feel any tears wetting his shirt, her sobs were as dry as his dad's skin. He wasn't oblivious to her plan. It's almost been a month, her school break had ended a week ago, and ever since school started for her, somehow their projects started getting sabotaged. By who? Ica, of course. But he wouldn't admit that out loud, even though he figured out it's been her plan ever since the second explosion. It was tiring, having to keep creating new projects every week because of this.

The reason she did this was to force him to give up and finally accept her offer in going all the way to her school in Piltover to have access to unlimited materials they need. In reality, it's just Ica getting tired of bringing heavy pieces of metals and rocks to Zaun, it was hard for him to ignore her complaining when it's the first thing she does as soon as she enters the shop. He understands her exhaustion, so he has no other choices.

He waited patiently until she decided to calm down (only took a minute because she was faking it anyway), from where they were he could see how the fire on their—once identifiable— invention was now gone, the only thing left was a smoking molten metal, compared to itself an hour ago, it's basically nothing now. Another heavy sigh escaped his lips, he looked over his shoulder, the top of her head was the only thing he could see.

"I suppose we would have less difficulties if we did our inventions in your school laboratory." She lifted her head from his back with a smile that dropped when Viktor cocked his eyebrow, the exhaustion evident on his voice. "But I will not pretend to be a student."

She bit her lower lip to contain her excitement, wiping her nose on the back of his shirt as her arms squeezed around him. "Okay. I don't care either way."

He hums, not believing it. Staring ahead, the tower giving him an amazing view of the ravine, it would be wrong if he didn't appreciate it. The afternoon sun giving it an orange tint, although the pool of water was polluted, the surroundings still managed to grow moss and multiple plants.

"I really just want you to be there with me."

"Why? I thought Aelith loooves hanging out with you?" He cocks his head to the side, the teasing smile on his face making her punch his chest lightly.

She huffed. "It's getting a little too much...hm, I don't know what it is but being around her wears me out a lot."

Ica sat up straight, her arms moving from his sides to wrap around his neck, she placed her chin on his shoulder, the mole above his lip was the first thing she gazed at, then admired the way the sun kisses his face. "I enjoy myself better when I'm with you..."

She watches the corner of his lips turn upwards, the golden eyes that always gave her comfort stared back at her, they seemed to sparkle as the sunlight hits them, so beautifully that it's captivating. She felt like a ticking bomb as they held eye contact, the timer being inside her chest and every second that passes she could feel herself nearing an explosion. Then he closed his eyes, and the bomb was put to stop.

Viktor leaned in to touch the side of his head with hers, bringing his hand up to squeeze her hand. Her words had made him feel calm and secured, but at the same time his chest was burning, or was it his stomach? Either way, the feeling on his chest was warmer than the sunlight.

It was a simple phrase, perhaps very normal for friends to tell each other, though it caused his heart to go through a chaotic marathon, it was too complicated for him to describe, and he's usually good with describing things, but what the hell is this? Stop it, he scolded himself mentally. This is ridiculous.

"Well, I find you very annoying."

"Haa?" She pulled back, her mouth slightly opened to show how offended she was.

"I am. Joking."

She rolled her eyes. "Uh, yeah. Maybe you should just leave the jokes to me, you're not very good at it."

"You are not either." His tone was mocking, Ica had no idea how the intimate moment changed so quickly into this. She's used to it, their friendship has always been like this.

"Very bold words for someone who could fall off this tower with just one push."

"Try me." The challenging look he gave her immediately turned into fear when she gave him a slight push, not enough to throw him off the ledge, but enough to give him a scare. He yelped, perhaps a little too loud, it was a mini-heart attack as he didn't expect her to do that. "You-"

She had already moved away, standing a few feet from him so he couldn't reach her. With her fists on her hips, she mocked him. "TrY mE."

He couldn't help but let out a small laugh, she looked too funny. With a smile on his face, he reached his hand out. "Come here."

"Why? Gonna push me off? Try me."

She went to sprint down the stairs with exaggerated screaming as soon as he stood up. Shaking his head, he also started walking down, he remembered that he still had commissions to do. Hearing her steps stop, she yelled out to him. "I'll see you tomorrow, Vik!"

"Yeah, bye!"

-
omg guys happy (one day late) new year!! sorry for not updating for like a week Encanto took all my hype and I just had to simp for another old skrunkly man but its ok i still love viktor😁👍

(i just love pathetic men im sorry i couldnt help myself)

anyways ik we're still 10 chapters in but how do u guys like the story so far? anything i can improve on to make it better?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 6.2K 26
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
642K 14.4K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
289K 8.7K 63
❝ Shut up,❞ ❝ Make me, 𝐩𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬.❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ no matter how hard she tries to resist, the daughter of Hades ends up falling for Percy Jac...
1.1M 49.9K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC