A Vampire's Rotten Heart

Por The_Suit_Guy

Garrett Hyŏng's got a case of rotten luck. First, he finds himself sick with a mysterious illness, and next... Mais

A Messy Start
First Blood
The Orobanche Tree
Something to Drink
A Lesson in Walrus Meat
The Extermination
A Different Breed
Changes
The Fledging
Spud
Dave
People You Can Trust
Goodbye
The Eyes
The Deal
Marvin's Marvelous Monster Museum
Brand-New Exhibit
Soliloquy in Solitude
A Morbid Fascination With Plastination
Her Heartbeat
Snowed Out
Cadaver X
What She Took
God Be With You
Moribund
Trust Me
Elevation Elation
Deep Down
Normal Times
The King of the Hive
Table Manners
I Can't Help You
Deadlock
Grudge
Vendetta
People You Can Sell To
Separated at Death
The Worm Book Worm Nook
Mail to Mitford
Angeltwice
The Theory of Evolution
Hirudian Lake
What Are You?
A Perilous Expedition Down, Down, Down
Ant Ripper
Rays of Light
Bone and Blood
Beluga, Too
A Rotten Heart

Beluga

98 12 11
Por The_Suit_Guy

I ran and ran and ran. I had never gone so fast before— the crisp, winter air blew against my face, freezing it, and my feet, completely bare, felt no pain as they hit the cobblestone.

I ran until the stone roads turned to dirt paths, until the dirt paths turned to the forest undergrowth, until the forest undergrowth turned to the rocks on the shore... I almost felt free.

I stopped to catch my breath, and I dipped a toe into Gelgrim's freezing cold waters. I didn't have to answer to anyone now. I didn't have to waste my days working in that miserable cloth factory. I didn't have to worry about sickness. Or death. Or the workhouse.

I caught myself smiling for a moment, then stopped. I shouldn't feel good about this. I'm a horrible man. I go against God and Bhale and everything that's holy. My soul is doomed to Hell.

I sat right at the edge of the sea, feeling the cold mist brush up against my face. I'll never see Father again. All the heaven-bound brothers and sisters I barely got to meet, lost to smallpox and the measles and the like... We'll never be reunited.

Of course, that is unless I take my own life. Right now. Bhale would forgive me. I never intended to be this way. Bhale would understand.

I peered into the glistening, deep-black sea and looked at my reflection. I could see all the tiny, minute changes in my face. I considered it for a moment. Just throw myself in and wake up in Heaven. It's what a good man would do.

But I couldn't. No matter how much of an honorable man it would make me, I couldn't physically make the motion to jump off the rock I was on. I wanted to live.

The water began to ripple, and a friendly little head popped up. A little beluga whale had come to greet me. I cracked back into a smile. Was this not worth living for?

The beluga tilted its head and made a little noise. I reached out to pat it on the head. I could immediately feel its pulse. Robust and warm, exactly how a whale should be. I started wondering how much blood was in it. It was roughly a thousand pounds, surely there was plenty...

I placed my hand on its neck, and it whistled.

"Where are your parents, little one? You don't look very old."

I felt its pulse pounding through me like it was my own.

I felt a drop of saliva land on my neck, and I shook my head.

"Shit..."

I took my hand off of it.

"I really am a monster, aren't I."

The young whale, with its curiosity satisfied, swam off.

I lied down and groaned. I was hungry again. I denied it. I ate just an hour ago— The temptation of a whale-sized meal must've set me off. I closed my eyes, wiped the drool off my face, and tried to sleep, but I couldn't. I couldn't get the whale out of my head.

I woke up starved.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

3.2K 250 38
Seventeen year old Rosalie's life is uprooted 1000 miles after the mysterious death of her parents. On a mission to figure out what exactly happened...
2.5K 263 41
Eighteen troubled teenagers wake up one morning to an even more troubling discovery. They are all vampires... Given the chance to correct their Scro...
8.9K 1.8K 50
This story takes place in a small town named Springfield where the sun shines dissipating light to lives but, the night flattens darkness which takes...
15.2K 836 51
After the events of Swanston, Killian-Grey struggles to prove himself to the group after being branded as a traitor--especially when competing with h...