Memories of the Forgotten Hea...

By ForTheLoveOfNayru

Gwendolyn Northwest is staying in Gravity Falls for her second summer. After finding 'Journal 3' her first su... More

Flashback
Flashback (Part 2)
A Strange Encounter
Inside the Mystery Shack
Confessions
The Triangle Has Arrived
Hospital
A Surprise
The Aftermath
The Party
Petite Amie
In The End
Author's Note

A... Possession?

23 0 1
By ForTheLoveOfNayru

Dipper stared. Her eye was yellow. "You- and- and- Bill?!"

She looked up at him, covering her eye. "No, that's not- Ugh! Where is it!"

"Trust no one, trust no one, TRUST NO ONE-" he yelled, backing away, and clutching the journal.

"Shoot!" She scrambled to her feet, keeping the contactless eye hidden.

Dipper thought of Bill, his one eye. When he possessed people their eyes were yellow. She had a contact lens in, but Dipper had no doubt that her other eye was yellow. "Take out the other lens. Right now."

She shook her head. "No."

"Do it. If Bill is possessing you - and I'm sure he is - I need to know. It'll help everyone. So take. Out. That. Lens."

"I'm. Not. Possessed." Gwen growled.

"Really? Then why are you so reluctant to take out that lens, why won't you prove me wro-" Dipper said, before being interrupted by Gwen.

"Because I've never shown anybody!"

"Then I'll be the first. Just do it, and get it over with."

She blinked, then pulled it out reluctantly. "See?"

Dipper stared. Her other eye was black. Thoughts raced through his head. She could definitely still be in cahoots with Bill, but this 'innocent' girl didn't seem like it. She knew something, but that something wasn't Bill. "Fine. I believe you." He said reluctantly.

She put the lense back in, then dropped back to the ground. "No... no... no... n-There!" She took the other lense and placed it back.

And her eyes were green again. He tried to unsee the black and yellow, but he found he couldn't. He was still suspicious of her. "Alright. I guess I'll be going."

Great. She had revealed her secret to the weirdest boy in town, and had- Oh! She still had the journal! The one good thing!

Dipper was about to head back when he remembered what this whole thing was about. The journal. His prized possession, until he lost it. "Hey, you still have the journal. I need that back, um... What's your name?"

"First off, why do you want it back when you threw it into the bottomless pit? Second off, why do you wanna know?"

"First, you seem like a bad kind of person. I wouldn't want that journal falling into the wrong hands. Secondly, you seem to know me. It's only fitting that I know you."

"Ok, I've memorized this thing, so have it back." Gwen tossed the journal at him. "Also, everyone knows you, and I'm ninety-nine point nine percent sure you know my family." She smiled, then almost immediately let the smile fall.

"How would I know your family? You're probably like me, just stay in the town for the summer. Maybe have some relatives here or something."

"Wow, genius. Duh." She rolled her eyes. "And you would know them. Trust me."

Dipper looked at her and thought. Who else in Gravity Falls looks like her? Blonde-ish hair, sassy attitude... "Crap, you're a Northwest."

"Took you long enough."

"Looks like you've got another Pacifica in the family. Though I suppose you're ALL like that." His attitude towards her was not improving.

"Was that supposed to be an insult? From the Pines' very own?" She chuckled. "You're adorable, you know that, right?"

"No, just stating the facts." He sneezed.

She doubled over laughing. "Are you a kitten? With a big head? So cute!"

"Whatever. I couldn't care less. I'm going back to the Shack."

"The fact that you call your house that. It's so..." She shook her head and wiped away a fake tear.

Dipper wanted to charge at her. To hurt her. He walked away, then turned and charged. This girl with her puny insults, this stupid, stupid girl. He wanted a fight. He wanted to murder her right then and there.

He was running towards her, and she yawned. When he was a foot away, she stepped to the side. Dipper crashed into a pinetree. Her eyes widened.

As he slowly opened his eyes from the crash, he touched a hand to his forehead, wiping his bangs away, patting the cut on his head.

"Are you okay?" Gwen asked quietly. She hated blood. It was too... gross. And red. And it usually led to more harm than help.

"I'm fine. I've been through much worse." His hair was a mess and the Big Dipper birthmark was showing.

"What's that?" Gwen asked, pointing at the mark.

Dipper desperately tried to cover it up. "It's... nothing." he said.

"It's obviously not NOTHING." Gwen said, rolling her eyes. "Tell me. I told you about my eyes. You tell me about this."

"No." This was his deepest secret, the only people he had told were Wendy and Ford.

"Then, you wanna make a deal?" Gwen said.

Dipper's eyes widened. More proof of Bill. But intriguing. "What do you want?"

"Ha. You know what I want. You tell me about that." She said, pointing once more.

Dipper could not be more embarrassed right now. Sure, some people might think it was cool to have a birthmark shaped like the Big Dipper, but he found it embarrassing. "What would I get in return?"

"I'll tell you my name."

Those 5 words. To learn that mysterious girl's name. "Deal."

Gwen held out her hand for Dipper to shake it.

He visibly shook. It was almost as if he could see the blue flames emerge. "I'm not shaking your hand." Was he just being paranoid? Or was there some connection?

Gwen wanted to question why, but didn't want to risk losing the knowledge of this strange boy. "Fine. You tell me first."

Dipper breathed in and out. "Okay. It's a birthmark. Shaped, of course, like the Big Dipper. You see, Dipper isn't my name. It's a nickname that I got from Mabel."

"What's your real name then?" Gwen asked, cocking her head.

Dipper put up his hand. "Nope. Not saying that. Speaking of names, it's your turn."

Gwen half-smiled. "Heh. My name's Gwendolyn Northwest. But you can call me Gwen."

Dipper nodded. Great. He knew the girl's name, but that didn't change anything.

"Well, I guess I'll be going. I'll see you-" She adjusted her contact lens. "-Soon." Gwen waved once with a small smile, then started walking off.

Dipper waved back, "Yeah. I'll be going too," before heading back to the Mystery Shack.

Gwen turned around. "Why are you following me?" She asked.

"I'm going back to the Mystery Shack. It's where I live." Dipper replied, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Okay then." She swerved the other way. "See you around."

Dipper nodded. He would see the weird Northwest again. Great.

Gwen soon realized that Pacifica, her cousin, was friends with this boy. She was at the Mystery Shack. She had to meet her, which meant seeing Dipper again. She chuckled to herself. "What an interesting summer this will be..." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 58.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
4M 196K 101
βœ… "We always long for the forbidden things." 𝐝𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐒𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞π₯ β†― βš”οΈŽ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴏɴᴇ α΄€Ι΄α΄… ᴛᴑᴏ ᴄᴏᴍʙΙͺɴᴇᴅ βš”οΈŽ ...
595K 9.2K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.1M 37.8K 63
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...