Adelia āœŽ

By thevibexz

[ONGOING] "What would you do if I die?" "Die." "Oh you would die?" I mumble and he nods giving me a small s... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
epilogue

17

10K 260 309
By thevibexz

♥*♡∞:。.。  。.。:∞♡*♥
zeke

"Then I told her I will come back to give her the milkshake she actually ordered!" Adelia looks at me, a frown on her face. "And do you know what she did?"

She waits for me to answer, to say no. But I already know what she did. The lady left and probably rated this a one star on the website. I shake my head, knowing she would want to be the one to say it.

"She got up and left! This is why I never want to be an old lady," she shakes her in disbelief.

"Wow," I say, "shocker,"

"Right!"

She stares at me for a moment and her lips quirk up. "Remember when I sat right next to you here?"

"Yes."

"Okay," she nods, "good."

"When do you finish work?"

She looks at her wrist, "About fifteen minutes,"

I point to her wrist, "You don't have a watch,"

She looks up at me, rolling her eyes. "I do, you just can't see it. Ajax," she says when her boss comes in view, the guy who also visited her in the hospital. "How many minutes do I have till I finish?"

He looks at his silver watch, "About fifteen minutes,"

"In your face!" Kayden walks out of the bathroom, wiping his wet hands on his shirt. Adelia notices him first, "Hi, Kayden!"

"People in love are weird and gross," he says, "I heard people in the bathroom talking about love. No offence brother, but it is disgusting,"

"How old are you, Kayden?"

"Seven," he eyes her suspiciously, "why do you ask...?"

She sighs, "I thought you were ten,"

Oh, poor Kayden, he smiles so wide. "Really!"

"No,"

He frowns, "I thought you were thirty,"

Adelia frowns, "Do you actually?"

Kayden squints his eyes as he examines her and I know he feels really bad now as Adelia looks as though she might cry. "No," he sighs, "I'm sorry. You look very, very, very young,"

She smiles, "I know,"

Kayden smacks her leg playfully as he walks towards Ajax, a bright smile on his face. I don't miss her wince though.

"What's wrong?"

She shakes her head, smiling. "Pardon?"

I narrow my eyes at her, "You know what I mean,"

She gets up from her seat, "I'm afraid I don't," her smile fades when she turns to look at me, "I'm going to," she points back to the customers, "get back to work,"

I nod, eyeing her as she left. Now I feel the need to apologise to her. Did I fuck up again? Is she mad at me now? Is she sad? Shit, I'm so bad at this.

When her shifts finishes, she walks out with Kayden holding her hand. "Can we get ice cream?"

Adelia looks towards me, I nod. "Yes we can,"

I like her so much, it's getting fucking pathetic.

We walked for a few minutes until she found an ice cream shop, her grin faded as her eyes widened. "Uh, maybe we should go to another one,"

I look inside the store to see a woman about to walk out, a guy that looks like her husband holding her arm. I turn to look at Adelia, only to find her panicked.

"We should really go,"

"Adelia?"

I turn my head to the two adults standing in front of us. They look drunk, like they haven't been out for a long time.

I only realise now that the woman looks awfully familiar.

"Hi mum," she nodded, "and Ryan,"

"Sweetie," she looked at Adelia, stunned. And then her eyes travelled to Kayden and how he was holding Adelia's hand.

"You guys are out," Adelia says, confused, "Hi Ryan,"

I look at her stepdad, Ryan, to find him already looking at me, eyes narrowed. "I'm Ezekiel and this is my brother, Kayden," Kayden lets go of my hand and displays it in front of Ryan for a handshake.

Ryan just stares at him.

I clear my throat, stunned by how fucking rude he is.

"When are you coming home?" Ryan turns to her, I watch as Kayden frowns and begins to hold my hand once again.

"I was hoping soon. I'm spending the say with them. Is that okay?" she asked.

Her mother's eyes were on her, and I could tell she was angry. "We need you at home by seven,"

Adelia looks at me sorrowfully then back to her parents. "I'm afraid I cannot,"

Ryan fists clenches, "And why is that?"

"I- uh, promised to spend the day with them, I'll be coming home though around ten,"

"Oh," her mum nods, "Perfect,"

"We'll see you at home around ten them," Ryan says and turns to look at me. "Great meeting you,"

"Wish I could say the same,"

His jaw clenches as he grips the ladies arm harshly and walks away.

She sighs, "Sorry, they aren't people people, you know?"

I nod, "It's okay,"

"Can we get ice cream now?" Kayden jumps excitedly and rushes us into the store.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

I wait outside of the changing room with Kayden, my leg bouncing. Kayden decided he wanted to dress up Adelia so now we are at the mall, waiting for her.

"How do I look?" she asked me, her cheeks reddening as she does a small twirl.

Adelia was wearing a white sundress that Kayden chose.

"Perfect," I confirm.

She looks down at her shoes. "Why thank you. You look perfect too," she looks up, "You always do,"

"Gross," Kayden mumbles, rolling his eyes.

Adelia chuckles lightly when Kayden holds out another dress for her. "We've been doing this for forty-five minutes," she says to him, "Are you sure you want to continue?"

Kayden grins cheekily, "Yes. I am very sure. Have you seen this shop? It's so cool! Like I never saw so many clothes and girls my age in my entire life!"

Adelia looks at him. "Is that why we are here?" she asked, "Because of the girls?"

Kayden's cheeks tinged pink and he looks at the floor shaking his head, "What, no!"

Adelia looks at me smirking, "You should let him go school. He has no friends or social life and that's not healthy for him,"

"Yes! Please, you can convince dad, brother,"

"It's not safe,"

She makes a face, "Right. Well, in that case, Kayden, you will be with me and I will help you find friends.

Kayden pouts. "Adelia, you stay with my brother. You don't have friends either,"

"Hey!" I glare at him, "I'm right here,"

Adelia sighs, "You're right. I'm just as lonely as you,"

I scoff, "Jeez, thanks for being sweet,"

Adelia walks towards me and pats my shoulder, I stiffen at her touch before sinking deeper into the chair, looking at the ground.

"Fuck off," I mumble.

I look at Kayden, "Can we leave now?"

He scoffs, "Fine, loser,"

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"I need to go toilet," she points to McDonalds, "Stop there!"

"Okay, okay," I turn left and find a parking spot. "Kayden are you hungry?"

"Is that even a question? Of course I am!" he unbuckles his seatbelt and waits for Adelia to get out to open her door.

I called dad earlier but he didn't answer. I'm worried for him, I always am. This day every year is the worst for him.

"You okay?" she pokes my bicep and then does it again. "Oh damn. Stop distracting yourself," she stares at me, her cheeks turning red. "Awkward,"

I smile at her. "You're so pretty,"

Her eyes widen, "Oh- thank you!" And then she rushes away with Kayden.

I fucked up again. Why else would she run away if she wasn't upset?

I walk inside McDonalds and notice Kayden waving at me at the back. I take a seat in front of him. Adelia must've gone bathroom.

"I know you like her,"

I stare at him, flabbergasted. "What?"

"You look at her like, in a lovey dovey way, brother. If she wasn't so energetic and gets distracted all the time, she would've noticed. But both of you are dumb and I bet you didn't even know you like her,"

I scoff, "I don't know why you're talking about,"

The seven year old hums. "Brother, you're such an idiot,"

"Language!" we both turn to where the voice came from. Adelia sits next to me and giggles. "I got that from Captain America,"

My eyes widen in horror. Did she hear the conversation?

I look away from her to stare at Kayden, he was stuffing nuggets in his mouth like he hasn't eaten anything.

"How are your friends?" she asks me and I shrug.

"We should go visit them!"

"I can call them over if you want,"

Her eyes widen, "No- your dad,"

"They know about it,"

"Oh," she nods, "cool,"

"Cool?"

"Oh. No!" she shakes her head, "not cool,"

I stare at her.

"You know what I mean,"

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your dad, Adelia?"

"Oh," she says, "my parents divorced. I was at school, I didn't know till I came home and found my mother-" she never finished her sentence.

"Yeah, that's it," she grins sheepishly.

"I'm sorry,"

"It's okay. I just wish I could've said goodbye. We both were really close and he stopped answering my messages. Well he never answered my messages," she shrugs, "what can I do now though,"

I grab her hand and lock it with mine, "Some things don't work out, but it isn't your fault,"

She laughs lightly, "I hope it isn't. I feel like I'd taken him away from my mother, they were constantly fighting about that too. And how he sometimes was always at work. Although, he never told me where he worked. He never got the chance to tell me,"

I scrunch my nose and look away from here. Shit.

"What?" she mumbles.

I shake my head, "Nothing,"

She nods politely, "Well, whatever it is you won't tell me, I understand. Now, call Lyndon. I haven't seem them in, like, forever,"

"You saw them a week ago,"

She rolls her eyes, "Like I said, forever,"

I get my phone from my pocket and call Lyndon.

"There's a snail!"

Adelia looks at me, laughing softly.

"Adelia! Love, hi! I haven't seen you in for, like, ever. Lucas! Kill the fucking snail!"

"That's why we are calling, dumbass,"

"You missed me too, Ezekiel. I feel so special,"

"No."

I look at Adelia, trying to breath calmly. Lyndon pisses me off. Adelia grabs the phone from me, grinning.

"Can you guys come over? Zeke wants you guys, not in that way, but he won't admit it,"

I glare at her.

"Did you guys hear that?"

Now there's a bunch of voices arguing with one another and Kayden's fucking giggles.

"Is he, you know, holding up?"

Adelia looks at me, squeezes my hand, then nods

"Yeah, I think he is doing alright,"

"Okay, good, not that I care or anything,"

"Totally don't care. I got you, Lyndon,"

She puts him on mute and then turns to me. "He cares,"

I chuckle, "He totally does,"

"Alright, we'll see you guys soon,"

Adelia hangs up and puts my phone back into my pocket.

"Why'd you guys want me to stay with you guys?" Kayden suddenly asks and I tense.

Adelia covers for me, "It was Zeke's idea. He wanted to spend more time with you,"

Kayden suddenly looks happy, his eyes wide with happiness. "You wanted to spend time with me? You never want to spend time with me,"

I look away from him when sadness clouds his eyes and it makes me feel like the shittiest brother ever. "I'm sorry Bud,"

"It's okay! I figured you were always busy. I'm glad I got today though. I thought the only reason why you wanted to stay with me today was because of dad, I don't know why. I'm happy it's not because of that,"

But it is.

Shit.

"Kayden your my brother,"

"Really? I thought you were my uncle," he responds sarcastically.

Adelia giggles from beside me and then clears her throat. "Okay, sorry, continue,"

"Never fucking mind,"

Kayden pouts, "Are you going to tell her?"

I glare at him. "Tell who what?"

"You know," he nods her head toward Adelia in the most obvious way.

I look at her to find her waving at a little girl that sits at the front, not paying any attention to our conversation.

"Shut up."

Kayden wiggles his brows, "Or what?"

"Kayden."

"Adelia," he says in a sing-song voice.

"Yes, Kayden?"

"Zeke," he looks at me, a little smirk on his face.

"Kayden-"

"Zeke likes to cook. He suggested he'll cook you something but you weren't listening," he says matter-of-factly.

I take a deep breath before nodding.

"Cool," she whispers, looking at the table.

"What's wrong?" Kayden asked, a pout forming on his lips.

She's smiles widely as her eyes widen, "Nothing! Are you finished with your food? Should we get going now? Once I went fishing with my dad and he fell in the water and I thought he was going to to die because the fish could've bitten him so I decided maybe I should jump in the water but then I was horrified for my own life so I decided to not jump in the water,"

Kayden blinks.

I blink.

"Did I say that a little bit to fast?" She asks, "do you guys want me to repeat it?"

"Did he die?" Kayden questions.

"Nope, maybe for a second but he didn't die die like Gwen,"

"Adelia," I scoff at her, she looks at me sheepishly.

"Sorry, not professional,"

"When are you ever?"

She shrugs, "Good point,"

"You guys are weird," Kayden mumbles, "who is Gwen,"

Adelia gasps, "Poor child, we are going to watch this later tonight with Zeke," she turns to me, "remember we promised to watch it?"

I nod, "Of course,"

*∞:.。  。.:∞*
adelia

"What the fuck Adelia," Zeke groans when he looked at himself in the mirror.

Okay so, I am or may not have put makeup on him while he was asleep. He looks absolutely gorgeous.

"Shut up, you look amazing. You'll make a really good Disney princess," I tell him and he glares at me.

"I even tried putting eyeshadow on Milo, okay? He ran away," I shrug my shoulders and he places his face in his hands.

"God, what am I supposed to do with you,"

I smirk, "A lot of things,"

He blinks.

"To far?" he nods, "Yep, I thought so," I sigh.

"I want to say I'm surprised but am I really?"

Yes, clearly, you woke up throwing a tantrum at your pillow. I'm pretty sure you were surprised when you looked at yourself in the mirror.

"Do you want me to answer that or-?"

"Shut up,"

"Okay,"

He brings arms around my waist and lifts me up, throwing me over his shoulder.

"Kayden and you are heavy sleepers," I mumble, "He came home and fell straight asleep next to Milobar," I love that freakin' cat.

"Were you watching us sleep?"

"No,"

Yes. Took some photos too.

"When I was at the hospital," I blurt, "I accidentally flashed a docy before the 'I'm taking you because you're amazing and Zeke will save you' situation,"

"A docy? Is that a doctor?"

"What else would it be? Did I mention it was a male?" Did I feel awfully uncomfortable when he decided to walk up to me? Yes. Was it because of what happened the night before? Yes. Was it my fault? No.

"I heard what Kayden," I blurt.

At this, he throws me on the couch. "What?"

"And I saw him nod toward me! Oh Lord that felt good, I am really bad at keeping secrets and it makes me feel like a jingleberry, but I really can't help it and I didn't want to say anything because you clearly like this girl if your brother knows,"

He blinks when I finally open my eyes.

"Are you going to say something or should I continue?"

He clears his throat, "I really do like this girl,"

I'd be lying if I didn't feel that pang in my heart. "Can I meet her? Would that be weird?"

"How could you meet her if you are-"

"Adelia! Here is Milo, he keeps biting my nose and it makes me wake up but I just want to sleep," he pouts and throws the cat toward me.

I laugh softly, "Thank you, go back to sleep if you're tired,"

He nods, walking away.

"What were you saying?" I look at him, he though, was looking at the floor.

"Nothing," he mumbles, "They'll be here soon,"

I nod, "Oh, right!"

"Are you hungry?"

I shake my head.

My stomach grumbles.

"Apparently I am,"

He nods and points towards his bathroom, "I'm going to wipe this off," he gestures toward his face.

"Why?"

He narrows his eyes, "Because, as you said, I look like a Disney Princess,"

"And?"

"Oh, right," he suddenly says, "there's two girls coming, Sindee and Linda,"

I smile brightly, "Really? Cool!" Now I'm extra excited.

His facial expression changes and I catch the glimpse of worry in his eyes, "What?" I ask him.

"Nothing. You'll get along with them just fine,"

"Obviously," I roll my eyes, "it's me,"

"Right,"

I wince, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing, they are highly trained, and will respectfully, kick your ass,"

I gasp, "Are you saying I'm not?"

"Oh absolutely not, I think you'll send them to Gwen,"

I clap my hands together in excitement. "I'm so proud of you! And you are correct, I probably will!"

A few minutes later, the door bell rings, and in perfect timing, Zeke walks out of the bathroom.

I get up quickly, excited. "They're here! Lets go," I drag him all the way down the stairs and to the door.

I walk with him to do the door, hitting my head on the door when I open it.

"Frick," I curse out and hold my forehead.

"Karma," Zeke mumbles.

"What are we? Five?" I sigh at his childish response.

"Adelia!" Seth yells walking towards me.

"Seth!" I exclaim letting out a breath of relief knowing Linda or Sindee weren't  the first person I need to welcome.

"How are you feeling?"

"I feel like a grown adult," I tell him and she shakes his head. I am a grown adult which makes me laugh. I'm great at jokes.

"Bullshit," he replies and the others enter the house.

"Hello," a girl's voice reaches my ears, and I face her. Holy shizzle sticks.

"You are gorgeous!" I blurt, "sorry I kind of have this problem where thoughts won't stay in my head, but it is true, you are gorgeous," I start to ramble.

And then the other woman walks in. "Woah, okay," my eyes widen.

"Thank you, you are too," she mumbles.

"Thank you very much," I smile at her, but she just walks away.

"That was Linda, this one's Sindee," Zeke explains.

Sindee walks away and toward Linda without acknowledging me but she smiles at Zeke.

"They're really pretty,"

I see why Zeke would like her. They were brunettes with pretty, big brown eyes, with great fashion sense and perfect height.

"Zeke, can I have some water please?" Sindee utters to him.

"Not my name,"

"I'll get it for you!" I might as well help around if I'm going to be staying here.

"If that's okay with you," I mumble as she glares at me. "Or not!" I walk to sit on the couch where all of them are.

God, it's so awkward, I think I might pee my pants.

"Milo, hello baby," I pick up Milo and place him on my lap. Lyndon and Elias come and sit next to me.

"Got some competition, Adelia?" Lyndon laughs and Elias smirks a little.

"I'll kick your stomach," I warn them.

"Sorry," Elijah mumbles before jumping up and sitting on another couch.

"Is it possible to wake u-" I get cut myself off when the rest of them sit down.

I don't want to make a fool out of myself in front of her, so I'll be quiet until everyone leaves.

Hopefully.

Zeke sits next to me, and Milo jumps up from my lap.

"What did you do to my baby Zeke?" I bite my lip, "he doesn't really like you,"

The plan failed. I talked.

"I want to kill this creature," he mumbles dryly.

Creature?

"You are officially on the hating list," I sigh dramatically holding Milo and patting him.

"Horrible man, I know Milo," I whisper to him, forgetting about everyone and talking to the cat.

"Do you think it possible to wake up horny?" I ask the cat. He meows and I smile.

"Yeah? I thought so." I mumble when he meows again.

"How old are you?" Linda asks me and I turn red.

"Oh, I'm thirty-five," I tell her with a smile and Zeke chuckles. I'm so smart.

"I fucking knew you were lying to us," Lucas gets up from his seat and pats his chest.

"I knew it," he repeats and then sighs.

Tobias, I want my money," he says walking over to Tobias with his hand out.

"Fine," Tobias rolls his eyes and I laugh at them. How am I supposed to tell them I'm not really thirty-five?

"Are you really thirty-five?" she asked me, and I nod. I don't know why I'm keeping it up.

"I like your shirt, Adelia," I look at Elias who was smirking.

I look down at my shirt. "Oh,"

"Yeah, you look really fucking good," Zeke mumbles.

"It's your shirt," I blurt, "You didn't know because you fell asleep and you're way to dumb to even notice I'm wearing it, idiot," And I don't know why, but I said 'idiot' in a British accent.

I leave the living room when Sindee scowls at me, eyes me up and down.

Zeke follows behind me, grabbing my waist and resting his head on me.

"Paperwork," Elijah enters the kitchen.

"Fuck paperwork," Zeke mumbles.

"I don't really think you can frick paperwork. But I also thought you couldn't have an obsession with drinking your own pee but here we are," I say.

"You drink your own pee?" Elijah mumbles.

My eyes widen, "What! No! I saw it on youtube. Some girl has an obsession with drinking her own pee,"

"What are we talking about here?" Linda enters the island and I go tense.

Don't speak Adelia, don't speak.

"Paperwork and how you can't have sex with it, and people drinking their own pee. Right Zeke and Elijah?" I blurt and Zeke sighs in my ear.

"I'm not surprised," Lyndon says as he walks in and opens a water bottle.

"How old are you, Zeke?"

"Ezekiel," I correct, "And he is 23!"

"What she said," he whispers, and I nod proudly.

"High five baby!" I say to Zeke.

"Oh, not like baby, what couples call each other like 'oh yeah baby' you know," I start explaining myself and my cheeks heat up.

"Mhm," he hums.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

Okay, hi :) How was all of your guys day?

New chapter, I hope you like it. Adelia will be making a friend soon 😏 If you read the old version, you probs now who.

I still hope you enjoyed this chapter nonetheless and the quality time with Kayden, I hope, was okay! :)

Eat, drink, and I hope you had a wonderful day!

With love xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 658 21
"I'm a messed up girl." Sigh, peek through lashes, then "Most of the time I either overreact, or I don't react at all. There's a numb spot where my h...
238 8 8
"What makes you laugh ? Do you think I won't dare to do it ?" I immediately stopped. Was she joking ? It had to be a joke...right ? There's no chanc...
236K 4.6K 47
"I love you" she says and kisses my jaw tenderly. "I love you too baby" I reply stroking her still damp hair. We were sat in a dirty McDonald's car p...
6.7K 395 22
"No darling, it looks horrible" he said with the calm voice. I instantly felt my cheeks get warmer. 'Emma have a grip on yourself. Why are you blush...