THE MAN WHO WILL BECOME THE P...

By MUGIWARANOLUFFY_15

Luffy in this story is smart person. In this story, he still eats the devil fruit, and he will learn about Ha... More

2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16

1

6.3K 127 63
By MUGIWARANOLUFFY_15

Luffy is now at the bar talking to Makino. He is excited because the mayor mentioned that there will be a pirate that will camp in the Foosha village. He just hopes that the pirates are good people so he can ask them about Gol D. Roger. He adores the king of the pirates so much that he wants to become one too.

Luffy: Makino San, what do you think being the most free man in the world, isn't cool?

Makino: Do you want to be a pirate? If it is your dream, you need to be strong enough to be one.

Luffy: Yeah, that's why I'm going to become stronger than anyone else. I will gather my crew and achieve our dreams together!

Makino gave Luffy a soft smile. She admires the kid so much because of his determination to achieve his dreams. Ever since Luffy met Makino, Makino has become Luffy's temporary mother. because Luffy is still young and just learning all about this world.

Makino: What exactly was your reason for becoming a pirate?

Luffy: I want to find the legendary treasure, One Piece!

Makino gasped because of what Luffy said. She didn't know that Luffy's dream was too high to achieve and that may have led to death.

Makino: Luffy, my dear, isn't it too high to achieve? Almost all the pirates in the world are finding it. What if you got killed because of that?

Luffy: When I say I'm going to find it, I am happy to die pursuing that dream.

Makino and Luffy didn't know that a red-haired guy was eavesdropping on their whole conversation. Because he saw his old captain on Luffy, the redhead almost cried.

He opens the door of the bar, surprising Luffy and Makino.

???: What an interesting young man. What is your name, kid?

Luffy: My name is Monkey D. Luffy! The one who will become the pirate king!

The red-haired eyes widened because he saw an image of Roger instead of Luffy.

???: I see, my name is Shanks, also known as red hair. Nice to meet you, Luffy.

Luffy: Wait, it's my first time seeing you here. Are you the pirate that the Mayor is talking about?

Shanks: Yeah, we are here to camp and just rest, then we will continue our journey.

Luffy: Shanks are going out to sea is cool? I mean, are there so many interesting things you will find out about?

Shanks: Of course, there are thousands of islands in this world, and I'm sure you will find it interesting.

Luffy just looks at Shanks with stars in his eyes. He wants to know more about the secrets of the sea.

Shanks: Do you want to see my crew? They are some of the coolest people in the world, and they are strong too, but I'm the coolest because I am the captain.

Luffy: Sure! We will go out, Makino San!

Makino: Sure, just take care of it.

After that, Shanks carries Luffy and walks outside the bar. Luffy's eyes widened in surprise when he saw their ship.

Luffy: Wow! It's my first time seeing a pirate ship, and it's so big!

Shanks: That ship is called the Red Force. It's cool, isn't it?

Luffy: Yeah!

Shanks and Luffy both have stars in their eyes.

???: Hey Captain, where did you get that kid? Don't tell me you kidnapped him.

Luffy and Shanks look at the source of the noise. Luffy saw a fat guy wearing goggles and eating meat.

Luffy: Is he one of your crew too, Shanks?

Shanks: Yeah, his name is Luck Roo. He is strong too.

Luffy: Your appearance is very deceiving. I bet you are one of the fastest in the crew.

Shanks' eyes widened in surprise because of Luffy's being smart and observant. Lucky just froze because he is one of those people that sees his strength by just looking at him, except for Shanks and Benn.

Shanks: Another legend is born. 

???: What an interesting kid. He must have read books or just always judged a person before talking to them.

Shanks: Oh, Benn! Look, this kid is super smart!

Benn: I can see that.

Benn: This kid is not ordinary. He predicted Lucky's strength just by looking at him. This kid will become a monster someday.

After that, Shanks just introduces Luffy to his crew. The red-haired pirates enjoy Luffy's company because he is not scared of them and actually enjoys being with them. Mayor Woop and Makino smiled because they saw Luffy being happy and making friends. They kind of feel bad for the kid because he is always getting bullied because of reading books instead of playing pirates and marines.

Time skip

It's the Red Hair Pirates' last day on the island, so they have a huge banquet on the bar. Obviously, Luffy joined them too. The pirates drink all of the alcohol while Luffy drinks juice and eats cookies.

Shanks burst out laughing, mocking Luffy for drinking juice instead of alcohol.

Shanks: Pfft, I thought you were going to be a pirate. Pirates don't drink juice!

Luffy: I can't help it. I'm just a kid.

Shanks: You are no fun. It's so hard to mock you!

Benn: You are the one who is being a kid here, not him.

Lucky: What if we recruit him captain?

Red-hair pirates: Yeah, the sea is full of mysteries. I'm sure he will enjoy it.

Shanks: Then if you want Luffy to join us, one of you stays here while we take Luffy.

Lucky: Just wait, Luffy! You will be gathering your own crew someday, so be strong.

They then get back to the party and stop asking Shanks to let Luffy join the crew. While they were in the middle of the party, the door suddenly flew open, making everyone stop.

???: Lousy pirates are having fun, huh? What a bunch of wimps.

Luffy and Shanks just gave him the "What is your problem?" look.

The bandit walks to the bar counter and asks Makino to give him a drink.

Makino: I'm so sorry, our alcohol has already run out.

???: So, what exactly are they drinking? A juice?

Shanks: I'm sorry buddy, we've already drank all the beer here. This bottle has not been opened yet, so you can take it.

Shanks gave the bottle to the bandit, but the bandit got annoyed, so he punched the bottle, making it shatter and fly into pieces.

They went silent when they heard Little Cry in pain. Shanks looked at Luffy and saw a piece of broken glass stabbed under his left eye.

Shanks: Luffy!

Makino runs towards Luffy to check him out. All of the red-haired pirates got annoyed and wanted to kill the bandits, but they couldn't cause havoc inside the bar.

Luffy: It hurts! It hurts!

Makino: Luffy, don't pull the glass out, you will bleed more.

???: I am Higuma. I have eight million berries on my head, so you better not mess with me.

Luffy: Eight million? Shanks has a billion belly bounty on his head, you retarded bandit. 

The red-haired pirates saw Luffy holding back his laughter. They all smirk, knowing that Luffy is okay and the fact that they are being overwelmed by an army of 8 million belly peasants.

Higuma: It's so boring here. Next time you cross paths with me, I will not show you any mercy.

Higuma walks out with his minions, leaving the pirates behind. After they leave, all the red-haired pirates burst out laughing.

Shanks: Are you all right, Luffy? Did the glass hit your eye?

Luffy: No, just underneath my eye, but it will leave a scar because it's too deep.

Lucky: Scars are cool when you are a pirate.

Shanks: Yeah, we both have scars on our faces now.

Then Luffy saw a treasure box and opened it. He saw a purple fruit inside and he got curious, so he picked it up and took a bite.

Shanks: Huh? What are you... Wait, Luffy! That's not a food that you must eat!

Luffy: Huh? It tastes so bad, so it's understandable.

Lucky: It's a devil fruit! You will lose your ability to swim and you will be a rubber person now because what you eat is a gum-gum fruit!

Luffy: No way!

Shanks: You are an idiot!

--------------------------------

Luffy is now walking around, and he saw the bandits earlier robbing an old lady.

Luffy: Hey, leave her alone!

Higuma: You again? Just go play with those wimp pirates.

Old Lady: Luffy! Don't worry about me, just go!

Higuma: Shut up!

Then Higuma stabs the old lady. Luffy's eyes widened, and he suddenly felt range in his body. He burst into tears and yelled.

Luffy: YOU BASTARD!

Luffy yells and promptly lets out a conquerors' haki, knocking out the bandits and leaving Higuma slightly dizzy.

Shanks and the red-haired pirates' eyes widened when they felt the Haki coming from Luffy.

Benn: Oi, seriously?

Lucky: That's the conquerors' haki, right? Who might that be?

Shanks: There is a king here. Let's check it out.

They then ran towards the direction where they felt the Haki. When they arrived, they saw the badits laying on the ground and Higuma about to pass out. They then saw Luffy crying and a dead old lady.

Yasopp: Don't tell me that Luffy is the one who let out that supreme king's haki?

Shanks walks up to Luffy and carries him. Luffy is still crying and clutching Shank's cloak.

Luffy: I didn't mean to kill them. I'm sorry!

Shanks: Luffy, you did not kill them; they are simply unconscious.

Luffy: Really? What about the old lady? 

Benn: I'm sorry she's dead.

Luffy: I can't even save her.

Luffy looks down in disappointment. He really wants to help the old lady, but it ends up with her dying.

Shanks: Hey Luffy, in this world, people die and people live, so if you want to protect them, be stronger, so the next time you see an old lady, you can save her.

Luffy just hums in response, calming a little, but he is still shocked by what happened.

Higuma: Bastard, you will pay!

Higuma then pulls a gun and aims it at Luffy, but Lucky is already behind him and shoots him in the head.

Luffy: Wow, so fast.

Shanks: Cool, right? Let's go to Makino. I'm sure she is worried about you.

Time skip

 Shanks and his crew are now leaving to continue their journey. Luffy is watching them pack all their things.

Luffy: Shanks, are you sure you want to leave already?

Shanks: Luffy We've already camped here long enough that the marines are going to find us.

Luffy: Is that so? Then we will meet again! I will find you with my crew someday and tell you that I became the pirate king!

Shanks: I will be waiting for you luffy be strong okay?

Luffy:  I will find a crew that is better than yours, find a piece, and become the pirate king!

Then Shanks takes off his hat and puts it on Luff's head. Luffy burst into tears because of happiness.

Shanks: Protect that hat for me, and when you become the pirate king, you can return it back.

Benn walks towards Luffy and gives him a book. Luffy gave Benn a curious look.

Benn: It will help you know what you need to know and it will be helpful someday, so read it.

Luffy: You can count on me! Bye-bye Shanks, everyone!

They then set sail, and Luffy watched their ship go away until it could no longer be seen. He smiles as he opens the book.

Luffy: Haki? What is Haki?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 195 6
Y/N is a person with incredible abilities. He has the powers of a dragon. He gained them from eating the Dragon Dragon Fruit.
5.4K 150 3
Just when you thought it was gonna be a normal, sunny day, your captain Luffy mysteriously gets sick and everyone was worried, especially you, who wa...
18.5K 638 50
π™ƒπ™šπ™§π™š π™‘π™žπ™šπ™¨ 𝙀π™ͺ𝙧 π™¬π™žπ™‘π™™π™šπ™¨π™© π™–π™™π™«π™šπ™£π™©π™ͺπ™§π™šπ™¨... β•°β”ˆβž€ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ πŠπ€πŒπ€πŠπˆ, wakes up in a strange world full of pirates who are...
5.7K 479 49
What if Luffy had never eaten the devil fruit Shanks had brought into the bar that day? What if he started sailing a little earlier than canon? How w...