It was always written โœ”๏ธ

By Aax_axxx

Sequel to 'Maybe it was never meant to be...' Follow Ayla's daughter, Alayna. Who's going through her hard hu... More

Dedication
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
๐Ÿ—ฃAnnouncement ๐Ÿ—ฃ
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Final A/N
Covers

Chapter 11

563 24 25
By Aax_axxx

He shook his head, acting confused.

He was a politician, if he could fool millions into believing his lies this measly man would be nothing.

However, there was something about this man, that felt different. Familiar even. 

A piece of paper was thrusted into his hand and the man began walking down the alleyway. 

He looked down at the scrap piece of paper laying in his hand and then moved his gaze to look at the house Alayna had scampered into. The decision was hard but he knew he had instilled enough fear into his petite wife for her to neither rebel or try to escape. 

And so, he followed the man, there was nothing that was going to stop him from finding out the truth now. 

The man stopped at the black rusting gates of rundown and seemingly burnt haveli. The name plate caught Zunair's eye, it read the 'Hussain Haveli'. 'Interesting' he thought 'my susar ji has brought me to himself' he chuckled in his mind. 

Something was definitely going to go wrong. 

Especially if Ismail Hussain was involved. 

He pushed the gates with a light force and they swung open, creaking loudly. Alerting those inside the ruined haveli of his arrival. 

The president of Pakistan had arrived. 

Had arrived for answers to his many unanswered questions and would leave with his ear being filled deadly poisonous venom. For Ismail Hussain was involved in this game and that man was a twisted, shrewd being whose lust for money knew no limits. 

Zunair was just a pawn in his game. A pawn that would surely destroy himself because of his devastatingly ruinous ways. 

He would burn in fire that Ismail would create and won't be able to breath freely ever again. 

For he was a pawn in Ismail's game and puppet. Someone who could be easily manipulated and moulded to meet the needs of another. 

There was no hope for Zunair. 

Ismail had seen his stupidity during rallies, conferences and petitions. He was an arrogant man whose hands had managed to catch a few bills and that had caused him to believe that he was undefeatable. 

It was naivety. Sure, Zunair had won majority of the males hearts in Pakistan, but the women all opposed. Ismail had enough experience in the political game, that the unspoken rule was to charm and win everyone's heart, not one particular groups.

Zunair had walked in with a straight posture and a proud aura. 

"Why have you called me here, susar ji?" 

Ismail scowled at the endearment his son-in-law had given him. 

"I've heard that your looking for Armaan Malik, is that so?" Ismail asked whilst taking a large puff from his cigar. 

When Zunair didn't speak, Ismail looked up to find him pointing a gun straight at Ismail's head. What he didn't realise were that there were three red lights dancing around on his chest, pointing directly to where his heart was. 

Ismail tutted, "My dear damad, why are pointing a gun at your pyare susar?" 

Zunair didn't reply, kept his stance and slowly began pulling the trigger. 

"Zunair, I have the answers you want. If you kill me, how will you understand why your father decided to cheat on your mother?" Zunair's finger let go completely. He took a seat on the other chair, seated across from Ismail and in a raspy tone he ordered, "Speak". 

"Well, 19 years ago, my wife Ayla ran away from home." He knew all the articles that had been written about her abuse would have disappeared into the depths of the earth and that this fool sat across from him would eat up every word. 

"And she found a place to stay, a block of flats. Right next to your father's family. Your father had come to visit his mother one day and she had caught his eye. One thing lead to another and they eventually became lovers. She had deceived me and he had deceived your mother. Resulting in your mother committing suicide and leaving you practically parentless at 10 years old. Armaan had decided to settle elsewhere following the demise of his lover. And me, well I guess I just carried on living a disgusted life. My wife, the love of my sour life, who I had loved more than I had ever loved myself, had cheated me. Betrayed me and then, finally left me." 

Zunair's demeanour changed, he had gone from staring straight into Ismail's eyes with his left ankle resting on his right knee, to looking at the floor, clearly trying to puzzle together what he had just heard, with his arms on his knees and his head in his hands. 

Ismail smirked the fool was believing everything he was saying, just another little push and he would go berserk. 

"Ayla is the reason your mother died. And Alayna is her daughter. Heck I don't even think she is my daughter, she is probably a product of one of Ayla's affairs." 

And as expected, Zunair stood up straight, knocking the chair to the ground with such a force. 

He left without a word, but the anger that was being emitted from him was felt by everyone, leaving chills down their spines. 

He vision was tunnelled now. He needed to unleash his anger and what better way to unleash his anger than to hurt the one who had hurt him. He had to cause immense pain to the daughter of the one that had cause his mother immense pain and that was what he is going to do that for sure. 

In no time, he was in front of the house that his wife had entered. 

She didn't deserve such a title, especially such a well-known courteous name joined with her dirty disgusting self. 

He barged his way inside, to find his wife sat close, to a male, leaving no gap between the two and whispering something into his ear. Then they both burst out laughing. 

"Uh-hm" Zunair loudly cleared his throat. 

Alayna jumped and looked at him, her face brightening up when she saw him. 

But this reaction won't last for long. Soon she'll be afraid of  him even taking a breath. She should have known to not get to comfortable. For the curse that had been cast upon the Khan women was still alive and awake. 

"When did you come?" She asked, still shamelessly sat right next to the man, who was smiling up at Zunair. 

"Come" he ordered in a hoarse tone. 

She looked at him confused, not understanding the reason of his cold demeanour. 

"Come" he beckoned her again.

Again she made no efforts to move her body. 

Not being able to take it anymore Zunair lunged towards, grabbing her wrist in his hard grip and used his other hand to punched the man across the face, leaving his face bloodied and the man shocked. 

He kept his grip around her wrist tight, he didn't want her escaping and made their way to his car. He shoved into her seat and locked the door. He needed a cigarette and a drink. He looked around the foreign neighbourhood and saw a shop, he made his way there and asked for his necessities. 

After smoking through a pack of 20 cigarettes and pouring a whole bottle of whisky down his throat, he made his way to his car, to find the girl (I at this point really want to kill off Alayna. Intrusive thoughts 😜I can't dw she has to live) asleep. 

His anger took control of him and he slapped her, her body jolted whilst a red mark formed on her cheek. 

He gripped her cheeks, putting pressure on them that even he didn't know he was capable of. 

"Your mother made me and my mother suffer. Now you'll have to face the consequences." Alayna's heart was filled with dread. 

She thought he had changed, but people were right when they said that men changed personalities just as snakes would shed their skins. 

He drove through the streets of Karachi like a madman, nearly causing an accident at least 5 times. 

The tyres of the car screeched to a halt in front of his mansion. Alayna's eyes widened in fear as all the memories of the past were coming back. 

She looked at him with this expression plastered on her face but all he did was laugh maliciously. 

"You will never escape now" he claimed, before reaching towards her neck and making her body go numb and her vision blank. 

******

Sorry for being MIA for this long.

 Thanks for waiting. 

And by the way I've only written this chapter cause I'm procrastinating as I've got an exam tomorrow. 

Oh well. Time to revise now. 

Make sure to vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251K 11.4K 43
"Niya" he called her by standing in the middle of the sitting area but got no response in return. She always used to wait for him with a smile on he...
167K 5.1K 32
Pallavi became a wounded soul after the bitter past , which was gifted by her parents. She joined one of those prestigious B-schools , for taking ho...
51.2K 3.1K 48
A misunderstanding between Avni and Neil which parted them for three years. Avni didn't knew the reason for parting away. But what will happend when...
58.8K 2.2K 26
"I don't know how was I walking with him, my heart was pleading my body to go back in my room & stay there till everyone goes so that I can sleep fo...