The Truth Seekers

Por DisneyQueen0625

For years, the rulers of Ninjago have killed anyone who spoke out against them and oppressed others and cover... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Epilogue

Chapter 10

541 13 42
Por DisneyQueen0625

Warning: Underage drinking

Jay, Lloyd, and Cole were walking down the streets of Ninjago City.  It was the morning, but they were scoping out their target for tonight.  They wanted to see all of their escape routes to know where to run if things took a turn.  They all are really hoping that the police won't show up tonight because Nya was going to be with them, but they never get that lucky.

As they were walking, they passed by three girls and Cole bumped into one of the girls who had pink hair with a blue streak in it and knocked her over.  "I'm so sorry," Cole said and helped her up.

"It's ok," the girl said as she looked up at him.  They both froze for a moment.  "I'm Seliel, by the way."

"I'm Cole."

Seliel noticed her friends were ahead of her and stopped to wait for her to catch up.  "I have to go.  I hope we can meet again sometime."

"Me too."  Cole watched Seliel catch up with her friends and was snapped out of his trance by a smack from both Jay and Lloyd.  "Ow!  What was that for?!"

"You know what it was for," Lloyd said.

"Let's just go scope out the new mural."  The three boys continued walking.

Kai and Zane were sitting down in the living room of the Smith family house.  Zane was talking, but Kai wasn't really listening.  He was trying to think about what to do with the whole Nya situation.  There are two options to this situation: keep quiet or report what he knows.

"Kai?  Is everything alright?" Zane asked.

"I don't know," Kai said and then decided to tell Zane his dilemma.  "I found out some information that involves my sister."  He sighed.  "You remember those boys we saw her with that one day."

"Of course."

"They're the Truth Seekers."

"You mean those people who have been accusing the emperor and empress of being murderers?"

"Exactly.  I don't know how she got involved in it, but she did."

"The responsible thing to do is report it.  She might face some time in prison for her role in it, but she is breaking the law."

"You're right, Zane.  It might not be easy, but it's the right thing to do."

It was 8:55 at night when Nya was walking down the streets of Ninjago City to meet up with the boys.  She told her parents that she was staying at a friend's house like she told the boys she would.  She entered the warehouse at 9:00 exactly and walked up the stairs.  When she got up to the second floor, she saw the boys ready to go with cans of spray paint in hand.  "Ready to go?" she asked.  The boys turned and saw Nya.  She was dressed in a blue beanie, red hoodie, jeans, and blue sneakers.  They noticed that she was dressed similar to them, only her clothes didn't look nearly as old.  She noticed the way they looked at her.  "What?  I thought this would be more appropriate for what we're doing tonight."

"It's great," Jay said and then realized what he said.  "I mean it's great for what we're doing tonight and it will help so people don't recognize you as easily."

"I got what you meant," Nya said.  "Should we get going?"

"Y-yeah.  Cole, do you have the design for how we want it to look?"

"Yeah," Cole said and showed the others the design that he made for what they're going to spray paint.

"That's what we're going to do?" Nya asked.

"Yeah," Lloyd said.  "Cole always makes the design for it."

"Got it."

"Let's get going," Jay said and the four started heading to the new mural.

When they got to the new mural, they started spray painting the design that Cole showed them.  Nya quickly caught on what to do and helped them to complete it faster.  Once they were done, they stepped back and admired their work.  The graffiti they had spray painted read, "We stand with the Truth Seekers."  They also made sure that "Truth Seekers" was bigger than the rest the message.

"Wow," Nya said.  "We did that."

"Yeah," Jay said.

"We did," Lloyd agreed.

"I would love to see the emperor and empress's faces when they see this," Cole said and Jay and Lloyd looked at him.

"You always say that, Cole," Jay said and rolled his eyes.

"Come on.  You have to admit that it would be great if we could see their reactions."

Jay, Lloyd, and Nya nodded because they would actually like to see the emperor and empress's reactions.  As they were turning to leave, they heard police sirens.

"Uh oh," Cole said.

"Split up!" Lloyd yelled.  Lloyd ran right and Cole ran left.

"Come with me," Jay told Nya and grabbed her hand.  He led her up the fire escape and they started running on the rooftop.  When they got to the edge, Jay looked at Nya.  "We need to jump."

"What?!" Nya asked shocked.

"Do you trust me?"

Nya looked at Jay's smile and knew her answer.  "Of course."  Jay grabbed Nya's hand and they walked back so they could be able to run and make the jump.  When they were about to start running, a helicopter started flying above them with the lights on the two.

"Let's go," Jay said and the two ran and jumped off the roof and landed on another roof.  Nya was about to say something when the helicopter started following them and Jay pulled her to continue running.  They jumped from rooftop to rooftop to try to get away.  At one building, they found a door used for entrance to the roof and went inside it.  They hid in there until they didn't hear the helicopter anymore.  Jay slowly opened the door and looked around to see that no one was there.  "We're safe."  They both walked back outside and onto the roof.

"I've never done that before," Nya said.

"Sorry about that," Jay said.  "We were hoping that wouldn't happen tonight."

"It's alright.  It was actually exhilarating."

"We should get back to the warehouse before police come back here."  The two of them went back to the warehouse to meet up with Lloyd and Cole.  "Hey guys," Jay said when they got up to the second floor of the warehouse.

"There you two are," Cole said.  "We were starting to worry."

"We were followed by a helicopter and had to hide and wait for it to pass us."

"Can't the police take a night off?" Lloyd asked.

"I don't think we can get that lucky," Cole said.  "Now, how about a little treat."  He pulled out the alcohol.

"Is that what I think it is?" Nya asked.  "We're too young to be drinking that!"

"We do it sometimes to relax after being chased by police," Lloyd said.

"You guys still shouldn't be drinking that."

"It's ok, Nya," Jay said.  "Just try one drink."

Nya looked at Jay and caved.  "Fine."  Cole poured four glasses and handed them out to everyone.  Jay, Lloyd, and Cole drank theirs while Nya hesitated.  She looked at how the boys seem to be enjoying it and started drinking hers.  "It's not that bad."

"See.  It's fine," Jay told her.

After a while, Lloyd and Cole fell asleep in the makeshift living room and Jay took Nya into his room.

"This room doesn't look too bad," Nya said.

"That's why I took it," Jay said.  "Since I was the person who found this place, I claimed the room I wanted."

"You found this place?"

"Yeah.  It was before I met Lloyd."

"When did you meet Lloyd?"

"5 years ago."

"How long have you been living like this?"

"11 years."

"11 years?!"  Nya was shocked because of how young that would've made Jay.  He has had nothing since he was 5?!

"I got used to it."  Jay sat next to the window in his room and Nya sat down next to him.  "You asked me over a month ago how I ended up living on the streets."

"Jay, you don't have to tell me," Nya cut in.

Jay looked Nya in the eyes.  "I want to.  I was adopted when I was a baby.  I don't know what happened to my birth parents or why they gave me up, but I was taken in by a very nice couple.  Ed and Edna Walker were amazing parents.  I was lucky to get adopted by them, but they spoke out against the emperor and empress." Jay started tearing up.  "We lived in a trailer in a junkyard and my dad, Ed, had started teaching me about inventing.  One night, I went out to work on one of my projects after dinner when a few strange men entered the junkyard.  I hid behind a pile of scrap metal.  The men banged on the door and pushed their way in when my parents opened the door.  When they came out, one of them lit a match and tossed it in the trailer.  They both died that night and one of the men dropped this."  He pulled out the pin that he picked up that night from his pocket and handed it to Nya.

Nya looked at the pin and recognized it.  Her eyes went wide.  "They worked for the emperor and empress?!"

"Yeah."

"Jay, I'm so sorry."  Nya pulled Jay in for a hug and Jay couldn't hold back anymore.  He started sobbing and Nya started rubbing soothing circles on his back.  After a few minutes, Jay started to calm down and Nya pulled away to look at him.  "Are you ok?"

"Yeah," Jay said and wiped his eyes with his sleeve.  "Even though it happened so long ago, it still hurts knowing what happened to them."

"If you ever need to talk, I'm here."

"Thank you."  Jay and Nya stared at each other for a minute before they both leaned in and kissed.  They pulled away after a minute and pressed their heads together.  "That was probably the best moment of my life."

"Same here," Nya said.

After that, they moved over to Jay's bed and talked for a little while longer until they both fell asleep.

A/N: Jay and Nya are finally together!  I hope you enjoyed!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

30.8K 902 41
I DONT OWN THE CHARACTERS , OR THE PICTURES I JUST OWN THE STORY AND PLOT 5 innocent girls get enrolled in the 'school of bad' , where they meet the...
17K 852 52
After Lloyd visits Harumi's grave, Harumi is brought back by Msytake. The two hate each other, but love each other at the same time. The question is...
10.3K 125 9
Y/n was an oni Princess/secret ninja/Terabithia She is the youngest princess and has to keep all this a secret She came to the palace after being...
6K 109 4
「COMPLETED」 Lloyd and Nya resist Emperor Garmadon's oppressive hold on Ninjago City. Harumi falls down the building, everyone saw her fall, but they...