Harper & Lee Plus Three

Por dreamsmadereal

Two teens. Three babies on the way. One crazy life. Más

A Dark World
Time for Prom
Oh F***
Now What?
A Place To Live
You Can't Run
Double Trouble
On Our Own
Coming Together
Summer Of No Fun
Baby Shower Surprise
What the Hell?
They're Here!
Gone
The Best Worst Day
Eight Months
He's Back
Lee's Sweet Surprise
Happy Birthday
Kids on the Loose
Unreal
Unhappy New Year
Harper & Lee on MTV
Week 18
Hospital-ity
Oh No
Times Six
One Month Later
Lots of Firsts
Our First Big Adventure
Running Tests
Mockoween
The Diagnosis
This Can't Be Happening
Day One
An Impossible Choice
Tears and Travel
Memphis
The Packed Penthouse
Twenty
Welcome Home
A Bouncing Baby Birthday
Explosions
Departed
Said and Done
A Big Vacation
Family and Fire Dancers
Our Magical Day
A Very Merry Proposal
A Wedding Bombshell
A Chill Morning
A Beautiful Afternoon
An Eventful Evening

Shattered

276 6 4
Por dreamsmadereal

I looked in the mirror and took a few selfies, then went into the girls' room.

"I think we're all set!" Lee said.

Ella and Zophia were twirling around in the pretty red dresses we got them. Even though I didn't like them matching, if they wanted to, I allowed it. They looked so cute. I was kind of hoping for another girl, even though Lee wanted a boy. Only three days until my first ultrasound.

"Mommy! Help!" I looked behind me and saw Lukas fiddling with the tie around his neck.

"Oh, Lukas! Have Daddy help you," I said.

"I already did. He just undid it for the second time," Lee said, chuckling. "Come on, little man. Let's get you fixed up again."

I looked at my sweet family. I was so excited to finally get a little alone time with Lee. It was New Year's Eve, and it was also Lee's mom's birthday. We were going to go out with everyone for a nice dinner, and then the kids were staying at their house for the weekend. It was a dream come true.

We got everyone in their coats and into the car, then Lee started making the long drive out to the restaurant. It was an hour away, and we were getting a blizzard tonight.

"So have you picked out any more houses to look at?" Lee asked.

"Umm. No. Because I like the three we're already looking at," I said.

"Harper, I told you that I wanted to look at houses closer to my parents. They don't want to drive an hour and a half to see their grandkids."

"That sounds like a them problem and not an us problem. I'm not moving to a shitty part of town with bad schools just so we can be closer to them and the house that's been in your family since the 1800s that they refuse to sell."

"Even if you take my parents out of the equation, it's still a far drive to work for me from all of them. I want to be closer to downtown."

"So what? Your car gets good mileage. Put on your big boy pants and just deal with it!"

"That's easy for you to say, when I'm the one who works five and six days a week and you don't work at all."

"And I'm the one taking care of those kids all week while you're at work!"

"To earn money, which I use to pay for you to stay home with the three kids, soon to be four. God, I feel like you're just so ungrateful sometimes."

"I am not!"

"Yes you are! It's like no matter what I do it's never enough. I work all week and then you complain that I'm not taking enough care of the kids. Then I take care of the kids and give you some alone time, and you complain about where I'm taking them."

"Yeah, because what parent brings three two-year-olds to Hooters? Apparently one who is dumb enough as you!"

"Hey, I deserve to have a little fun once in a while too!"

"Yeah, which you can do without being such a dickhead and bringing your kids to a restaurant that has a bunch of girls with their boobs out!" I said.

"Dickhead!" Ella asked from the back seat. "Dickhead! Dickhead!"

"Ella, no!" I said, turning around to face her. "Bad word. Don't say that."

"Why do you always treat me like shit in front of the kids? You're setting a bad example!"

"Because my boyfriend is acting like one! That's why!"

"Yeah, and so are you!" he said, looking my way. I rolled my eyes and looked at the snow-covered road. "You're seriously the worst when you get like this!"

"Lee, watch out!" I yelled.

We were coming up to a red light. Lee slammed on the brakes, but with all the snow and ice on the road, there was no chance that we were stopping. Lee tried to swerve into the right lane and go around it, but we didn't make it in time. The car slammed into the big semi-truck in front of us.

I felt like I had all of the wind knocked out of me and everything went black for a second. I tried to fight through the shock and got myself unbuckled. I opened the door and leaned on the car for support as I tried to balance in my high-heeled boots. It was snowing so hard. I could barely see.

I yanked the back door open and saw my three kids crying, Lukas being the loudest. The entire left side of the car was pressed up against the back of the truck, and that's where Lukas and Lee were sitting. The glass was broken and there were cuts all over his face.

"It's okay guys. Mommy's going to get help!" I said.

I ran back to the front of the car and grabbed my purse off the floor. My shaky hands fumbled through it and found my phone. I dialed 9-1-1 and looked over at Lee, who was laying with his head on the steering wheel.

"Nine-one-one, what is your emergency?" said a lady over the phone.

"I need someone to send a bunch of ambulances! We got in an accident with our three kids in the car! My boyfriend isn't moving and my son has cuts all over him!" I said, my voice shaking as I started bawling.

"Okay. I have your location. How old are your kids?"

"They just turned two. They're triplets."

"Alright. I'm getting three ambulances out to you right now. What's your name?"

"Harper Collinsworth."

"Harper, is your boyfriend breathing?"

"Uh..." I looked over at Lee. I could see his chest rising and falling. "Yes. He is. But he's bleeding because the glass is broken and he's laying with his head on the steering wheel."

"Okay Harper, don't touch or move him. Just leave him because you could injure him more. Tell me what's going on with the kids. How are they doing?"

"Mommy! Mommy!" Ella yelled.

I ran around to the back of the car. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the truck driver trudging through the snow.

"What's wrong Ella? Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Zozo fell asleep!" she said.

I looked over and saw Zophia with her head hanging in her little pink car seat. I gasped and reached over Ella, trying to tap her.

"Zozo! Zophia! Wake up!" I said. I put the phone closer to my ear. "My daughter is passed out. What do I do? Do I take her out or the car?"

"No no no, Harper. Leave all the kids where they are. The ambulance will be there soon. Just make sure she's still breathing and has a pulse."

I reached over and picked up Zophia's hand. I took off her purple mitten so I could feel her pulse. I felt the little beat-beat motion between my fingers as I watched her chest rise and fall.

"Yeah. She's still got a pulse. And she's breathing."

"That's good. You're doing a great job, Harper. Just stay with me until the ambulance arrives."

"Yeah. I hear sirens."

"Are you doing okay? Any pain anywhere?"

"I'm a little dizzy but I think I'm just shaken up."

I saw the lights coming through the snow. All three ambulances pulled up at once, sirens blaring.

"It sounds like they're there," said the lady on the phone. "You're in good hands. Take care."

"Thanks for your help. Bye," I said.

I saw the paramedics coming through the snow with a bunch of stretchers. All I could do was hope that my kids were okay. I just felt so...dizzy.

My legs gave out and I fell into the snow. The paramedics got me up and into the ambulance. I felt super embarrassed because I threw up all over one of their shirts. My head was suddenly pounding.

"Hey, I just so you know, I'm pregnant," I said.

"How far along?" asked one of the paramedics.

"I don't know. My first ultrasound is coming up."

"We'll be sure to check in on it. Don't worry," he said.

I started to panic when I got to the hospital. I didn't know where my kids were. I didn't know where Lee was. I didn't know who was okay and who wasn't. Everything was a blur. I was getting all kinds of wires and machines put on me. An ultrasound tech lifted my sweater and started staring at the monitor. Her eyes were wide. Her face went pale.

"Did I...lose the baby in the accident?" I asked, my voice weak.

"No, not quite," she said.

She moved that wand around and around and around, like she was searching. My head was still killing me, so I was squinting from the bright lights. But even squinting, I could still see her lips moving. She was counting to herself. One...two...three...four...five...

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

2.7K 85 33
🤪read to find out
13.2K 224 15
I didn't mean to do it. I repeated that in my head over and over again. All the way down the stairs and into the living. I kept repeating it as I sat...
44K 1.2K 36
One night was all it took One mistake And now she's pregnant
436 37 19
About 5 teenager who lived their lifes as normal people.... But the time came for them to change their lifes for ever ... Mysteries come and letters...