Adelia ✎

By thevibexz

[ONGOING] "What would you do if I die?" "Die." "Oh you would die?" I mumble and he nods giving me a small s... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
epilogue

15

9.7K 266 158
By thevibexz

♥*♡∞:。.。  。.。:∞♡*♥
adelia

"Tell the boss she is up,"

My eye flutter open and a yawn escapes my lips as I look around the room.

You gotta be kidding me.

Three men stand proudly in front of me. I can't make out the faces due to the blur. "She's fully awake,"

"Unfortunately," I mumble, not aware of what is going on.

"Zeke, no offence, this is some horrible welcome home party,"

I swear I was in the hospital yesterday.

Oh good darn it, seems like the universe had other plans.

"Did you get the right girl?" an unknown voice spoke.

"The hospital gave her some drugs to help her with the pain. I think it makes her stupid,"

And boom! You hear that? That's the sound of my heart getting pulled apart by three unknown men.

"Ouch. I'm right here," my eyes are now closed, too afraid of the things in front of me.

"Zeke? Who is he?"

"My sugar daddy, coward. You can't just kidnap people from the hospital,"

"We'll get you food if you answer the questions,"

"Deal," I blurt.

"Your friend, Zeke, killed a lot of our men,"

I snort unwillingly, "Sorry to break it to you, Bud. But Zeke is a literal loser. He is a lonely man with zero interest in life,"

I smirked, feeling the need to add something. "He did get arrested for public nudity, though, "

Some guys eyes suddenly widened, but I continue. "And for public Intoxication," I have no clue what I'm talking about right now.

A guy walks in, a black suit and sunglasses on. I sniffle a laugh but fail.

"I'm sorry, but why are you wearing sunglasses if there's no light in here?" I mumble, biting my lip to contain my laughing fit.

I'm hilarious.

None of them are laughing.

"Did he actually get arrested for-"

"No," I smile politely at the only guy in here that seems nice.

"Where do you think he was this past week?"

"Holidays with his family. Because you know, some people have better things to do other than kidnapping people from hospitals who are trying to recover from-"

"He'll come for you,"

I smirk, "He probably already did," I laugh at myself. That was pretty funny.

"Are you sure we got the right girl?"

"Yes we fucking did!"

The door opens and I try getting up, wrist burning from the rope.

Am I in a movie? I'm in a movie. "How much am I getting paid?" Ryan will be very proud of me, gaining money unintentionally.

"Who-" he cuts himself off and I see his head shaking. "Unbelievable,"

"We should go kayaking," I suggest.

"It's been a day and no one even knows she is gone," the guys said, scoffing.

I wince, "I would very much like to say I'm surprised, but Zeke and I, the guy you accused of murder, aren't on very good terms," He must be stripping.

Or controlling his temper as we discussed.

Ajax and the Smiths must be worried. I shake my head, trying to find a solution on how I can get out of here.

"Fuck!" He kicks his leg in the air, running a hand through his hair.

Someone hire him as a movie star, his dramaticness is kicking the air right now.

Like literally.

"Can I have my food, please?" I whisper looking at my growling tummy.

"Give her the fucking food," A guy hand me a tray with what looks like an apple, sandwich, and water.

"Can I exchange the apple for a peach please? I'm more of peach person than an apple person. Want do know why?"

1. Start small talk with your kidnappers.

I knew I should've never dreamt about getting kidnapped and the guy who kidnapped me was this really hot guy who worked for the maf- you get the point.

Except this guy isn't hot, he looks like a constipated shrimp.

"No-"

"Great because I'm telling ya anyway," a guy sits in front of me, shrugging as the others curse at him.

"I'll listen,"

I stare at the man with blonde hair, his eyes green. "You're pretty," I whisper, stunned.

"Can we keep her?"

I smile, "You can't, but I'll totally stay for some money," Would they believe me if I said I'm a ghost? What if I died on my deathbed. Does that make sense?

"Are we in heaven?" Heaven looks like a prison cell, how lovely. "Is Gwen in another one of these?" I continue.

"More like hell," I hear someone mutter, then he winced in pain, and walked away from the others with a glare.

This isn't very professional but I won't judge them on that.

"Zeke-"

"Can you stop calling him that? His name is Ezekiel to you," I shake my head, "dumbos,"

Then I hear a gun click and I instantly regret it when the gun is pointed at my head. "Okay, I am very sorry. I don't where he lives," I'm lying, "But he has a cute cat called Milo, Milobar for short. Please don't kill the fluffy grey cat, his so precious,"

I keep blabbering, the gun still pointed at my head.

"Zeke never pulled a gun on me either, another reason why he is a much friendlier friend. I can tell you what his allergic to, therefore you can kill him without any suspicions. I work for the cafe in Town Square, you know, in case you wanna kidnap me again — why did I say that? I still didn't tell you guys why I prefer peaches rather than apples,"

Please don't shoot me for talking too much. Don't try this at home, kids.

"We do not care,"

I roll my eyes, "I'm a ghost. Literally not even here," I would so wave my hands in front of my face for the full effect if they weren't being tied up.

Kinky.

"Okay, so, we got an idiot with us today. Beautiful. I thought you said he was going to come and save her and all that shit,"

My Peter Parker is controlling his temper.

Are they deaf? "Did you guys not hear what I said? He wasn't supposed to see me for another week. Sorry to break it to you, wait-" I gasp when it shocks me.

"Zeke kills people?" I accidentally raise my voice.

"He is the- oh,"

"Oh," another voice said.

"Oh-"

"Shit, she doesn't know,"

"Know what?" My voice is a bit more eager. He said he was joking. Who lies about killing that's such bad behavio- oh.

I do.

"Oh," I snort, "this has been fun and all but the doctors are worried. Hell, no offence, I love making new friends, but you guys are really bad at being friendly. I know better than to insult my friends constantly — for example, I heard you guys call me stupid for the hundredth time,"

"He'll come,"

"He already has," I blurt.

"Where is he then, huh?" The blonde guy kneels in front of me.

"I don't think she was talking — okay I'll shut up now," the guy who sat on the floor smiled before walking away.

"We'll come by later," They all get up and leave, the door slamming shut.

What idiots. The rope leaves my wrist quickly when I twist it multiple times. "Dumbos. I make a better criminal than those weirdos,"

That's when I realize the stinging pain in my hip, and when I look down, I wince at the covered blood.

I inhale calmly, steadying my breathing.

Zeke doesn't know. He doesn't know what's happening right now.

Neither do I, but my school teachers always said, and I quote 'go with the flow.'"

I watched so many horror movies, most of them involve kidnapping so, yes. I am currently taking a big shizit in my pants.

Not literally.

Duh.

Maybe I can climb out the window. I turn my head, looking at the small square window not too high above the ground.

Yeah, no.

Who do you think I am?

Spiderman?

But that won't be possible; blood leaks through my hospital gown with each step I take.

When I open the door, the halls were quiet.

I walk straight, hearing creaking footsteps coming from a room upstairs.

I continue to walk until I see an exit sign, a door entering my vision.

A small smile creeps on my face as I limp towards it. I open the door, the sound ridiculously loud. "Air, how glad am I to inhale you,"

I don't stop walking, instead, I run. Voices came from behind me instantly as I run toward the trees.

I seal my eyes shut, a tight line forming on my lips to keep the sound from escaping as I continue to run. The pain coming from my hip was unbearable but I refuse to die.

Or to be rescued.

A black car swerves in front of me and the door opens. I blink in surprise.

I refused to be rescued my butt, I enter the car.

"Can you believe what just happened?" I burst out laughing.

Zeke examines my face and body, eyes widening at my bleeding wound. "Shit-" he trains his eyes back on the trail, beginning to drive again.

Seth, Elijah, and Lyndon were in the backseat, a horrified look on their faces.

"What did they say to you?" Lyndon asked me. I'm glad they're worried about me and not just what they said to me.

"They told me Zeke kills people. Ridiculous, I know!"

Seth adverts his gaze to Lyndon.

"And... what'd you tell them?" Zeke mumbles, leg bouncing.

I wince.

He looked at me, panicked. "You okay? What happened?"

"I told them you were a loser," I pause, "and that you got arrested for public nudity and Intoxication,"

"What?" He said calmly.

"Hey! You learned how to control your temper in a day!" I say proudly resisting the urge to clap my hands.

I think I'm losing blood.

He turns to me, Lyndon had his hand on his mouth and Seth was red from his laughing fit. Elijah's eyes widened as he looked between me and Zeke.

"You told them what?"

"You were a loser?"

"After that,"

I pause. "Oh. Are you seriously worried about that? They told me you kill people, Zeke! Kill!"

"What else did you tell them,"

My cheeks heated as I looked away from him. "A lot of stuff. Not to mention, they all were walking STDs, except for one guy who was surprisingly nice. But yes, the others were walking STDs trying to find their potential target, which may I add, was me!"

Zeke doesn't crack a smile, "What'd you say?"

"That's not important! We should probably go to the hospital so I can fix this," I gesture toward my bleeding hospital gown.

"And hey- how'd you find me?"

Elijah carried on a sheepish look.

I turn to Zeke, eyes widened. "How'd you find me?"

He shrugs.

I gasp without meaning to. "I'm in a car with a bunch of killers, why'd it only hit me that I suddenly got kidnapped from the hospital, was held hostage, and was in a wannabe bathroom because the window was so freaking small that nobody could escape. You're a murderer!"

"Calm down," Lyndon instructs, a terrified look taking over his features.

I point at him accusingly, "You did not tell me to calm down,"

"Calm down-" I threw a coin in his face.

"I feel faint," I blurt. This is very chaotic and a 'don't try at home' sorta thing. I read this in a book once and the main character ended up dying.

In this scenario, I am the main character.

I am going to die. This is unrealistic. This only happens on words on paper.

"What are you doing?" Zeke asked, head tilted as we stopped at a traffic light.

"Praying."

He sighs, "You're being very dramatic,"

"Shut up and let me pray,"

Dear God, I know I have been a very unthoughtful adult; joking about Gwen's death without knowing how she feels about it. But may I say, this is utterly terrifying and I do not deserve this amount of pressure. What pressure? I don't know. But if you're hearing me, let me toe itch if I am going to die tonight.

My eyes shot open and I sigh dramatically when I wait a couple of seconds. "I'm clear," I whisper, not daring to look at either of the guys in this car.

Then something itched.

And as much as I don't want to admit it, it came from my toe.

"Zeke, it's scientifically proven that I'm dying tonight," I try to calm my accelerating heartbeat.

"You're not dying. And how could that be proven- I'm not even going to question that any more," he mumbles.

"Uh, yeah, yeah I am,"

"I'll tell you everything that's going on when we get home. Okay? But for now, just sit tight," he looks at me with a smile.

"And enjoy the rest of your life for now," Lyndon adds evilly.

Elijah smacks the back of his head as I begin to panic again.

"He's fucking with you,"

He's messing with you. He's messing with you. He is- oh my God.

Zeke grabs my hand gently to stop my fiddling which I haven't noticed was something I was doing.

"Sorry, Darling," he smiles sheepishly before letting go.

I nod because what else was I supposed to do with someone that will willingly kill me without feeling bad? Say 'Oh hey you freaking weirdo, let go of my hand! And do not call me Darling! And then I meet Gwen. No. I do not have a death wish, thank you very much.

"I'm not going to murder you if that's what you're thinking," he shrugs.

"I'll feel a teeny-tiny bit more comforted right now if I knew what was going on,"

"You're bleeding," Elijah whispers, eyes narrowed.

"Thank you for pointing out the obvious, Elijah!" I'm taking a shizit in my pants, again, right now.

"You're welcome," He adds, " I hope that was you being nice and not sarcastic,"

"Whatever helps you not to plan my death, you must decide on your own which one you'll want that to be. Sarcasm or not," I think I gave him a creepy smile.

Zeke parks in his driveway, his jaw tensed.

"Is MiloBar even real?" I gasp, a thought crossed my mind as I unbuckle my seatbelt.

"I don't know, is he?" Seth rolls his eyes playfully. But unfortunately, I don't know what to believe. Is Earth even a planet?

"Is that all some kind of underground secret identity? Is the story you even told me true? How could you have such an adorable thing?"

"You're hurting my ego, Adelia," Zeke says before holding his heart. "Am I not adorable to you?"

I squint my eyes as I walk out of the car, the three men behind me. "I'm not going to run off," I roll my eyes. Oh, I am so gonna run away. "And Zeke, to answer your question. You aren't as adorable, but you're something. I guess,"

"You guess?"

"Yeah," I nod, "I guess,"

Zeke opens the door, and the first thing I notice is the fluffy cat laying on the couch, watching the T.V. "We're home,"

"Is Kayden even your brother?" I mumble as I walk in, tense.

Zeke furrows his eyes, "Is it because he's too adorable to be my brother?"

I shrugged, "Something like that,"

I walked toward the cat, and he immediately got up and started meowing. "Hi, baby,"

"Hi," Zeke responds, and when I look at him, a smirk was tugging on his lips.

I resist the urge to flip him off with my index finger, duh.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"Why didn't you tell me?" I mumble, fiddling with the new comfortable clothes I had on. Zeke's dad helped me with my hip, but he didn't stop apologising. Mainly for Zeke's stupidity, he said he got that side from his mum.

"Tell you I kill people for living?" he says, "Oh, I don't know, why didn't I? Silly me,"

"Oh would you look that," I smile, "he's being sarcastic,"

"I kill shitty people who don't even deserve to be on Earth, so really, I'm doing you a favor, Darling. None of them are innocent, I promise,"

"Thank you?" I blurt.

"And that guy," he whispers, fist clenching, "is very much dead. As long with his family, and his brother. They aren't going to hurt you anymore, you're safe. I already explained how we found them but I have no problem repeating myself if it makes you the slightest bit comfortable,"

My eyes shut tight as I recall everything that has happened. It wasn't my fault, I know that. I've always known that. But how can I feel safe when one of my rapists is sitting at home waiting for me?

What if they do it again? The things they whispered while I cried made their way to my head.

"I need to go home. To the library. Anywhere but here. We weren't supposed to see each other for another week," And I need to process everything that has happened in the past 24 hours. Maybe 48?

Oh Gwen, where are you?

Heaven.

Before he could say anything, a question I'd been meaning to ask slipped out. "When'd you get your first tattoo?"

He stares at me, flabbergasted. "When I was 15. Two days before my birthday,"

"Can I see it?"

He stares at me for a moment before nodding. He lifted his shirt, a smile creeping on my face. A symbol I didn't recognize inked on his skin. "You should get a tattoo of a goat," I suggest, the smile never leaving.

"You know," he says, "I might consider it just because you told me to get it,"

I hold in a laugh before nodding. "What does it mean,"

"Would it make you feel proud if I say a joke of yours?"

"Depends on the joke," I mutter, admiring the symbol. "It better be something like 'your mum.'"

He hummed, "I was going for that,"

"What does it mean," I point to the tattoo, "this,"

"My whole family has it. Kayden will get it too when he turns 14,"

I hum, "Has it going to do with, you know, murder," I made sure to whisper the word 'murder' in case anybody was listening in on our convo.

You're in his room, alone. Creep.

He sighs, "Yes."

"Oh Gosh, what if they come again?"

"Make up something," he shrugs. "I'm joking. They won't, I can assure you that,"

"You're allergic to avocados. I got fired and work at the beach as a lifeguard. Okay, got it," I nod, pacing around back and forth. I'm a great thinker. "I need to get back to the hospital. And home, but the doctors should be informed since I was supposed to stay there for a couple of days,"

"Will you be okay?" he whispers, fiddling with his fingers.

"I think so," I won't. I know this because if I end up going home, Ryan and mum will be cranky. They'll want money. And since I wasn't home for a while, I'd get beaten up and my wound would bleed again.

But I have a plan for that already which I know will work.

I planned it out since Atlas — Zeke's dad — helped me. "Thank you for letting me borrow your clothes. And your shower. And your toilet. And the toilet paper,"

His lips quirk up before he clears his throat. "Right, of course. No problem. I'll see you next week, correct?"

I smirk, "Depends. Will I be kidnapped again?"

"Not sure, I can arrange something if you'll like,"

As much as I'm trying to hide it, I'm awfully scared. Not of him, well yeah, of him. But also with everything that has happened these past few days.

And to add the cherry on top, the guy who I was friends with told me he killed the family I've been dreading to bump into ever again. As much as I hate them, I'm terrified. But I would never rat Zeke out, even if he is involved with shady stuff.

Zeke gave me a new phone so I grab it out, dialing Ajax's number.

"Who's this?"

"Hi, hi, hi. Missed me? I need you to pick me up,"

"Adelia? Shit, where the fuck are you?"

"I'll send you the address, I'm sorry," I panicked, not knowing what'll I'll say to him, "I'll see you soon?"

"Of course," he hangs up.

"I'll see you later, Zeke," I said softly, "You'll know what to do, right?"

He nodded, squeezing his eyes shut.

"I'll do anything to fix this, I'm so sorry," he mumbles, a desperate look on his face.

I nodded. "Bye Zeke,"

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

Okay goodnight because I'm tired.

I'll just like to say, if you are friends with a murderer or you get kidnapped you run the other way because there ain't gonna be some hot tattooed 6'6 guy on the other side 😔💅 (if you ignore this and end up dying, it was a pure coincidence and I warned you 🥽😍) This is a "DONT TRY AT HOME" thing, warned you 😍

And if you're the crazy type of girl trying to shoot your shot before you get shot, you inspire me 💕👍

Drink water and eat. I love u. I'm here if you ever want to talk about anything.

Please talk to someone about your feelings, you are valid, loved and so important. Please never forget that <3

*not edited*

Please vote and comment, it helps me out a lot <3

With love xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 4.6K 47
"I love you" she says and kisses my jaw tenderly. "I love you too baby" I reply stroking her still damp hair. We were sat in a dirty McDonald's car p...
5.4K 88 10
Rory just settled into her new adopted home and started her new school. Through her very bubbly personality, a bit of sass and happy spirit she hides...
79.9K 966 58
{EDITING PROCESS} *BOOK ONE OF TWO* When a high school student named Davina Smith faces her senior year after a tragedy in her family, suddenly finds...
102K 3.8K 39
COMPLETED • ADDICTIVE ROMANCE • ACTION • UNASHAMEDLY CLICHÉ • TEEN FIC • *** The forest grows darker as a silence falls over us. I remember the haunt...