And Action [jenvid.]

Von alwaysroschel

"Jen?" "Hmm, yea sorry. Just looking through it again." "Nothing will change this okay?" - after receiving... Mehr

One: The Table Read
Two: The Night Before
Three: Filming Part 1.
Four: Filming Part 2.
Five: Realizations
Six: Lunch
Seven: Olive Branches
Eight: Paparazzi, Playbills, and Dinner?
Nine: Waiting
Ten: Lobsters and 20 Dollars
Eleven: Love bubble
Twelve: Rumour Has It
13: Lies.
14: All I Want
15: Anywhere With You
16: Reality Check Part One.
17: Reality Check Part Two.
18: One Step Closer
19: Welcome To New York
20: The Moment He Knew
21: The Moment She Knew
23: The Lucky One
24: Interviews to make the news
25: Meant To Be
26: i have you (always)
tow the author's note

22: This is Love

604 18 5
Von alwaysroschel

Love is a hard thing to grasp. Many people say it's easy to find. Others argue and say people can run the course of their lives and will have never been in love. However, it all comes down as to what kind of love is being talked about. Platonic love is what comes and goes, the relationship that can easily be found and easily kept. Romantic love, however, is the one that is harder to find because everyone has a perception of it. Everyone has a preconceived notion of what they believe love will be for them when the time comes. But the reality is no one can predict what love will be until love happens. You must not control it no matter how hard you try because it is virtually impossible to do so. Most say it is situational. That it depends per person. That it depends on the personality type and the love language. Although, that is all true... Love is easy to come by it is about letting love in.

Jennifer had been up for a while. Just letting herself be and relish in the moment that is just being here with David. Whom she can call now the love of her life. A feeling she wasn't sure she wanted to define as love because of the way love can scare people. But, she wants to scream it everywhere she goes now. She looked at her boyfriend laying next to her in bed. A faint smile went on her face as she touched his face ever so lightly.

"I really just want forever with you." She whispered. "If I could marry you right now? I would." She smiled once more and stopped doing her actions for the case that he might wake up. The two of them got back from his sister's house rather late that Jennifer wanted David to sleep a little longer if possible. So to stop herself from waking him up she decided upon herself to just do her own exploration of the city he loves so much. The plan she was supposed to do the other day, and perhaps get to know Ellie as she made the offer to show her around last night. Sending one text over to David's sister and arranging everything before he can roll over in bed to find she's not there.

Writing a note quickly before she left the room so he won't worry: Good morning honey, I'm just with Ellie today to look around the city, text me when you see this. I love you (:

New York is a big city that even Jennifer is amazed just how big it is. Even if she had spent years growing up here and even went to high school here. Those years she tried to block out of her life, except the parts that allowed her to meet the circle of friends she has now. Ellie picking her up with coffee and a pastry in hand leaning on her car.

"Morning." Ellie handed Jennifer the coffee and food right away. "Surprised you got away from David today." She laughed.

"He looked really tired, so I'm just going to let him rest for the day. I know today was supposed to be when I get to see where he grew up but, we go back to LA in a few days... He hasn't been home in a while so I get why he's tired." She smiled taking a sip of the coffee. "How did you know how I take my coffee?"

"David." The two women laughed. "You really don't believe me when I say that he talks about you don't you?"

"Sometimes I don't but then there's these times that I forget he really does."

"And they say love is dead." Ellie made a joke. "Well I brought my car but I thought we can just park it somewhere away from this hotel and then really take in the city? Is that good with you?"

"Yea! I haven't been here for longer than a filming shoot or for promo so whatever you'd like to show me feel free." Jennifer said.

"Alright, we'll hop in and we can get started with the tour." Ellie laughed and Jennifer followed.

From: Ellie

Just picked her up Dave, going around the city for a few hours. Do you want me to show her specific spots? How long do you need?

David read the text as he had his phone in one hand and Jennifer's note in the other. He had been up ever since he felt Jennifer touching his face to the point he wanted to scare her. But, that would ruin the plan for today. And everything must be perfect or else David would really feel like his months of planning will go to waste. Sending a text too Jennifer to alert her that he's awake and saying to have fun that he'll meet up with them later. An excuse about meeting with old friends.

To: Ellie

Thanks El. Besides the tourist places just make sure you go the spot I told you last. Maybe our old schools or our neighbourhood would be good places to add to the list?

Knowing his sister is probably driving he called someone on his phone.

"Court?" David asked.

"Perfect timing, we just landed." Courteney answered. "Yes it's him. You want to talk? David it's Lisa."

"Hi Schwimm! The boys are just getting our bags." Lisa spoke.

"Great, just stay there, I'm just going to get dressed then I'll come pick you four up." David answered.

"Drive safe!" Courteney told David before he hung up.

There are a million of things running through David's head right from the minute he woke up. The minute he heard that Jennifer sees a future for them. Of course they've spoken about it, they're both adamant about being together. But hearing that today of all days? It was something that made him think if Jennifer knew.

Walking over to his suitcase, buried underneath a few of his clothes and wrapped in some bubble wrap... He took out the ring box. The ring that luckily he managed to have the courage to bring with him on this trip. After months of planning everything will align for them. For once there would no longer be second guessing because it's Jennifer; and David has known that for quite some time.

Opening the box and seeing the ring brought different set of emotions in his eyes. Prior to this he was nervous, and now he is just filled with butterflies. This is reality for them, tonight it will be.

Getting to the airport was the easiest part. However, putting everyone in one car with all the luggage was another. David knew from the start he wanted the four of them to be here, it was all part of the plan he had been thinking of. Originally John was supposed to fly over too but plans had to change unfortunately. With Courteney in the passenger seat and the rest in the back David drove them back to the hotel that he had booked additional rooms for.

"How are you feeling man?" Matthew asked. His voice muffled as he was holding his carry on in his lap.

"Yea David! How are your nerves?" Matt joined in.

"At this point I'm just happy that everything is coming together. You guys are here. Ellie got Jen out of the hotel room and everyone is going to help set up right?" David looked at his rear view mirror.

"Yes." Courteney answered for everyone. "We've been waiting for this and the least we can do for you two is to help make this night special. Now where is it going to be again?"

"I'll let you all know once everyone is packed and at least has some food." David replied as he continued to drive.

"All I can say is oh fucking finally." Matthew spoke once more making the entire car erupt in laughter.

A few hours have passed by now since starting the initial tour of the city. In five hours Ellie and Jennifer have done primarily the usual tourist things that New York is known for. It was nearing two o'clock when Jennifer brought up maybe meeting up with David for lunch. So this tour can continue with him.

"Have you heard from David? He hasn't answered my text about meeting up for lunch." Jennifer looked at her phone hoping for a reply but to no avail he hasn't even read the message yet.

"I haven't but he did tell me that he's meeting up with a few people from the theatre company to catch up so he must be busy." Ellie answered trying to keep things as normal as possible to not add suspicion to this situation.

"True, he hasn't seen any of them in a while too so that's probably it. Where should we go for lunch?" Jennifer asked.

"I know a diner not far from where we are actually it's just about a five minute walk? Then we can just grab a Lyft back to the car we can continue the more personal side of this tour. As David requested me to do so." Ellie turned to Jennifer.

"Well you lead the way. I'm here to follow." Jennifer linked her arm with Ellie's as the two began their walk to the diner.

As they approached the place they'd be eating for lunch it didn't seem like anything Jennifer has seen. Ellie looking at how Jennifer was looking at the place reassured her that Jennifer would love to know why she picked this place.

Getting seated and placing their orders at the classic diner theme Ellie looked at Jennifer. "Has Dave told you what he did before he flew out to LA the second time? Or before he even became an actor?"

"No actually he hasn't." Jennifer shook her head as she noticed that the waiters were all wearing roller skates as they gave the customers their food.

"He was a waiter here. Played a character named Romeo with this huge pompadour and was their best roller skater waiter." Ellie told Jennifer and laughed a little.

"Seriously?"

"He didn't want to ask our parents for any money for anything related to his acting so he wanted to work. This place just opened at the time so he worked here before flying out for pilot season." Ellie told more. "That's why this diner is part of the tour." Ellie looked around them. "I know you wanted to see more of just how was David was before you met him. But truthfully? Nothing has changed about my brother. But, he personally requested for me to show you around the usual things we did growing up."

Jennifer by noticing her surroundings, most think she knows a lot if not most about her boyfriend. In reality she knows just about everything from the minute they met. She's more interested into the David she never saw before her eyes the one that she would hear about now through his family.

"I can already picture a roller skating David if I look hard enough." Jennifer spoke cracking a joke. "He wouldn't dare to bring here though I have a feeling."

"Oh he explicitly told me not to bring you here. But, it 's a good place."

"It is I can see that." Jennifer smiled seeing the servers and the customers just all smiles.

As they ate together and exchanged stories Jennifer began to know Ellie. Know her more than just David's sister. At first Ellie was apprehensive of her and she knew that from the beginning because after all one minute he was with some lawyer the next his co star. But, Jennifer is enjoying this. It was a more human side of the person she invited into her life and at times Jennifer feels as if she tends to share more about herself and her past than David. However, right now? These past few days? Jennifer has nothing but growing love for the love of her life. Even down to the place he used to work it felt like he just always gravitates to the places that either bring light to people's lives or changes their lives.

"Where to next?" Jennifer asked once their food was finished. It took them an hour for lunch and Jennifer began to get worried because David usually at least texts her but she wants to keep shaking it off.

"Well." Ellie was texting on her phone. "I had other plans for us to go to the theatre company — Looking Glass. But it looks like mom and dad want to show you somethings at the house. So we can go there first if you don't mind?" Ellie asked Jennifer.

"You lead the way, I'll follow." Jennifer replied and Ellie nodded replying to whom Jennifer assumes was her parents.

From: Ellie

We just finished lunch. Are mom and dad still with you or can I tell Jennifer we need to go to their house now? This is the last stop right? And then you'll text her from there?

To: Ellie

Mom and dad are just almost done helping us here. But, yup last stop then I'll text her around 5. Thanks again for this El.

David texted his sister as everyone was setting up the theatre for tonight. His parents working with the four friends to help out their son. The plan for this being set since before they flew out to New York. Arthur and Arlene have known for quite some time and wanted to help in any way that they could.

"Does everything look good to you son?" Arthur approached David. To which he looked around to see the lights all set up and the projector set up. Polaroids printed everywhere and ready for Jennifer.

"It looks great dad, thanks for helping us." David said. "Ellie said they're just driving over to the house now."

"Then we better get going!" Arlene approached her family. "Five o'clock this is starting right Dave?"

"Exactly." David answered.

"Good, we'll be here just a bit after that time then." Arlene smiled looking at her son now getting ready to start his permanent future. "She'll love this."

"Jenny definitely will." Arthur added. "But, we should get going so we can beat them to the house."

"Oh right, we need to distract her for a bit longer so you can get ready." Arlene hugged her son. "We'll see you in a few hours."

"Good luck son." Arthur hugged David next before they left.

It took two months of planning for this moment to even exist right before David. From planning plane tickets to renting out the theatre and getting every component ready. Matthew and Lisa setting up the polaroids next to the projector screen. Each picture taken over the time him and Jennifer had spent together. Some if not most pictures were taken just stolen shots that Jennifer hasn't seen. Courteney and Matt fixing the lights everywhere including the ones leading up to the seats. It would have taken him hours just for this to be put together if no one was here to help him.

"Everything is set." Courteney smiled next to David. "Are you ready?"

"Yes and no." David laughed. "It took some time to even get the ring but to just even set this up? I'm just thankful for all of you."

"David, let me remind you again." Courtney paused. "Who wouldn't want you guys to end up together. The four of us waited for the two of you to get together, so you're telling me we wouldn't want to help you with this?" David didn't reply. "Exactly. Now, why don't you go back to the hotel and get everything ready there. We're almost done so we can just meet you back here after it happened."

"You sure?" David asked.

"Yes!" Lisa, Matt and Matthew answered.

"Ok, I guess that settles it." David laughed.

Jennifer loved seeing the different pictures of David and his childhood home with his family. What could have been even better if her boyfriend was here but in the short time that they decided to stay in New York, Jennifer knew that he had a lot of people to catch up with. That's the thing with David he has friends ever he meets because he's the one that people gravitate too for grounding. But she couldn't help but miss him especially today as she looks at the places and pictures.

"Now this is my favourite recent one." Arlene grabbed a picture frame from the shelf. "It's the two of you, Dave sent it to us from your anniversary." Jennifer saw the picture and sure enough it was them along with Norman and Dolly. Their little family all safe and sound. "I'm so happy you two have found each other Jennifer." Jennifer just smiled in response. "Arthur won't tell you this and maybe not even Ellie..." She paused and made sure the father and daughter were elsewhere. "Everyone thought he wouldn't end up with someone for the long haul. Dave forgets to put himself first sometimes and then when he helps everyone he's left with the pieces. So, seeing the pictures of you and him building a life together it's—" Arlene begins to cry. "It's special especially to me as his mom. To have someone love him as much as you do."

Jennifer hugged Arlene in that moment. A mother's love is something so precious for her children and seeing it first hand with Arlene for David is so heart warming.

"I love him, as much as I possibly could love someone. But, that only comes from the fact that he has made me feel safe and completely loved in return. Your son, he's my best friend and has done so many things for me before all of this. Before our relationship. I can't wait to build more with him." Jennifer smiled at Arlene.

"Welcome to our family Jennifer." Arlene said and Jennifer just smiled bigger as they hugged once more.

What broke them out of their hug was Jennifer's phone ringing.

"Better answer that dear." Arlene told Jennifer.

"Hello?"

"Hi honey, where are you?" It was David on the other side of the phone and hearing his voice automatically made her smile.

"I'm at your parents house." She laughed.

"Do you want me to come get you? I'm not too far away plus we have dinner reservations in under half an hour."

"Are you finished doing what it is you have to do today?"

"Just finished. I'm ten minutes away, I'll text you when I'm outside."

"Okay, drive safe babe. I love you."

"I love you too."

When they hung up Jennifer just told Arlene that David is coming to get here mentioning that she completely forgot they had dinner plans. Ellie and Arthur came down and Jennifer told them the exact same thing. Before she knew it David was outside and she was thanking them for having her over and to Ellie for showing her around pretty much the entire day. Then she had left the home.

The three looked outside the window to see David waiting outside the car for Jennifer. She automatically gave him a long hug and a kiss before they both went into the car; driving off.

"Wedding bells are ringing." Ellie said.

Going back to the hotel felt like a rush because Jennifer has a growing feeling that something is wrong. David has been very anxious looking towards his cell phone and already stressing himself out about the timing going to where they're going to eat. If he had only told her where this place would be, she could get some weight off from his shoulders. But, he had insisted since this is his home city he would take care of everything while they were here.

"Almost ready honey?" David asked Jennifer as he waited near the front door.

"Ready!" Jennifer walked out and David is stunned. He already knew just how beautiful his girlfriend is but every time he gets in shock; as if it's the first time.

"Wow." David spoke barely a whisper and Jennifer just laughed in response.

"Come out Schwimmer we're already late. Judging by the way you've looked at your phone aggressively for the past few minutes."

"Very funny Aniston but I'm just admiring you in this moment in time."

"Well admire me in the car on the way." She laughed and was the first one to walk out the door followed by David. He sent out a quick text while walking behind Jennifer in the meantime, knowing that the four friends should be there.

To: Courteney

Heading there now with Jen. About fifteen minutes is everything good?

From: Courteney

Everything is all set up, we'll sit in the green room out back. Good luck Schwim!!

When David parked the car Jennifer noticed that this was no ordinary place. It was just outside a the Looking Glass Theatre Company. The one that David founded back in 1988 with his university friends from NorthWestern. But, she has no idea why this is where they had stopped.

"Last stop on your tour for the day." David turned to Jennifer.

"I thought we were getting dinner?"

"After you look around... You've always asked me about this place so why not get the first hand look at it." Jennifer just smiled at him and the two got out of the car.

"You're always so full of surprises now Schwimmer, warn me next time?" Jennifer turned to him. He just intertwined their hands and kissed the back of hers before responding.

"If I warn you there won't be any surprises now would it?" David opened the door and as they walked down to the theatre itself passing by the lobby area it was lit up with fairy lights. Courtesy of Courteney, Lisa, Matt, Matthew and his parents. The lights were down the stairs and led to the projector pointed to the makeshift screen.

"What's all of this?" Jennifer could barely speak.

"Just come down." David said to which she followed.

When they walked further down Jennifer began to notice pictures of the two of them or just her that were placed on almost all the seats in the theatre. Pictures of their first date, when they got Dolly or just some set moments from the show. Seeing all of this she began to cry.

"Hey. Hey." David noticed this and kissed the top of her head. "It's almost starting we should sit down."

"What?" Jennifer asked the question she's been asking pretty much for the entirety of today. But she had no time to process as David and her sat down as something started playing on the projector.

It was their different moments and just caught off guard videos that David had taken of Jennifer throughout their time together as a couple. Things he had been keeping for this particular moment. David looked at Jennifer who was either, smiling or laughing at was she was seeing but with tears slowly falling down her face. But as the video stopped playing she was too enamoured by what she just saw that she didn't realize David was next to her on one knee.

"David that was— Oh my god." Jennifer stopped talking.

"We waited how many years until we officially started dating? It was the point that our on screen characters had their relationship before we did. When we first met I thought that you were automatically the most kind hearted person I had ever met. You still are. We became best friends and I told you things I never thought I could get off my chest let alone admit to myself. In the time we've been together it feels like I have seen you grow into the wonderful woman you are today. And I want to help you everyday. I want to protect you everyday and wake up to you everyday. For the rest of my life. Because I have no idea how in the world I got someone like you. I know you said to warn you about surprises next time but this is something I just couldn't warn you about." He opened the ring box. "Jennifer Joanna Aniston, will you marry me?" David was shaking but he managed to say the words.

Jennifer was in tears. It was like her world had stopped moving witnessing everything that spanned just under an hour. All day she saw the city where her boyfriend grew up in and if it was possible she grew more in love with him. Now this is in front of her and she just can't control her emotions.

"Yes. Oh my god yes!" She practically screamed as David slipped the ring onto her ring finger. He got up and they kissed softly, repeatedly. "I love you. I love you." Jennifer repeated.

"Forever honey." David said.

"It's our forever baby." Jennifer replied before kissing him some more.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

15.2K 572 22
"𝑩𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒏𝒐 π’Žπ’‚π’•π’•π’†π’“ π’‰π’π’˜ 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝑰 π’•π’“π’š 𝒕𝒐 π’ˆπ’†π’• 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 π’šπ’π’–, π’Žπ’š 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 π’˜π’π’'𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒕 π’Žπ’†." πƒπžπ¬πœπ«π’π©π­π’π¨...
56.3K 1.1K 30
"His eyes are watering, he looks so broken and vulnerable, but I understand now. All of those nights where he was so sweet and tender, saying things...
78.4K 1.5K 19
"A million people, Joey Tribbiani. A million people around me that I could've fallen in love with. And out of all of them, I fell in love with you." ...
2K 66 6
Summary: "I just want to spend time with you on our anniversary. Is that really too much to ask?" Ross had asked her and for the first time that nigh...