His Little Neighbour

By ShabanaTheStar

❝ Who knew that her love was just right across the street ❞ Mashal Baig, 22-years-old. Everyone's favourite... More

copyrights
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
gratitude

the happy ever after

10.2K 498 178
By ShabanaTheStar

"I told you not to marry him." Malaika was in tears as Arsalaan held her in his arms, trying to calm her down. She was furious like every other parent, seeing such news about her son in law.

"Mama, please stop it."

"Where is he now? See, I told you not to get them married." Malaika muttered exasperatedly looking at her husband, who was lost in his thoughts.

"He never deserved her. My daughter deserved better. You shouldn't have let them married, Arsalaan. They were never meant to be." Malaika was suddenly very vulnerable as tears streamed down her cheeks. Arsalaan was quick to wipe them away.

"Murat loves me, mama. The news is not true. You know how the media works." Mashal replied annoyedly. It was just six in the morning and her parents came here immediately after receiving the news it seemed. It was Meher who told them apparently.

She couldn't see her mother in tears but boy was she over-emotional.

"But the photos of them both having coffee and him holding her at the bangle store is true. You can't deny that. Why would he do that?" Malaika snapped at her daughter, wiping away her tears furiously.

Mashal had no reply to that for she was angry over the very same thing. The news did bother her but not as much as those pictures. It was very much real. Both of them were taken just yesterday and Murat has nothing to say about it.

"Malaika calm down. Don't give too much stress to her. She already looks worn out." Arsalaan advised his wife who huffed with a shake of her head.

"There will be no second marriage happening. What does she even think of herself?" Malaika was more annoyed reading Eliza's interview, she'd said that Murat has promised to marry her soon.

Mashal could understand where her mother was coming from. She felt like throwing something at Eliza as well. But her anger was directed at a different person now. The one person who could make them all understand this was nothing but a pretty freaking scheme. It surely was. Every sane person could see through it. She hoped her mother would too

And to top of it all were her last day of periods. It got her all moody and annoyed during these times.

"Jaani? Where is he?" Arsalaan finally asked her something. But his voice was filled with anger and disappointment.

"I don't know papa, all that I know is that it's not true, nothing is true. Murat loves me. That's the only truth. The photos. I don't know about those damn photos. But nothing is true." Mashal felt her throat getting dry as she controlled her sobs. Every fibre in her body wanted to defend Murat today. She trusted him, trusted him blindly. He didn't give her any reason not to.

"The photos aren't real too. It was taken in such a convenient way to create this illusion of whatever they wanted."

All three of their heads turned towards that new voice. Murat looked tired as heck as he stood in front of them all. There was no fear evident in his eyes which made Mashal heave a sigh of relief. Because she could read him so well. And she knew he's speaking nothing but the truth.

But a pair of cushions were thrown at him nevertheless. Mashal couldn't control herself that day. And her husband wasn't all that surprised. Good for him. She huffed whilst walking towards him angrily and took everyone by surprise as she threw her arms across him and hugged him tightly.

He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her back, even in shock and surprise. He expected many things to happen while driving back home but not this exact scenario.

"I was so scared, Murat. Where the heck were you? Imagine waking up to an empty home and not finding you anywhere." She broke the hug abruptly and glared at him. He ran his hands through his hair and looked at his in-laws first.

"I'm seriously sorry for putting you both through this. Please trust me none of it is true." Murat explained them sincerely, Arsalaan's face softened a bit but Malaika wasn't buying it.

"Those photos are real, aren't they?" She asked bluntly.

Mashal started at her husband curiously. She was dying to know this and honestly, it's what pissed her off more than everything else. To see her husband with his ex-girlfriend was not a good sight. She hated it.

"They are not. At the bangle store, I was smiling and buying them for my wife. For Mashal. That woman had a sinister plan as she decided to just fall on me out of nowhere. I held her out of reflex, to balance her. I didn't know I was holding her until I saw her face. I've dropped her down immediately after I realised which none of the photographers failed to capture. Even if they did, someone has paid them not to publish it."

There was pin-drop silence in the hall.

"What about the coffee shop? You were all smiles and laughter." Malaika asked bitterly. She can't imagine something hurting her little daughter, not even her husband.

"Again, it was taken conveniently like how they wanted. I was joking with Chris and he went out for something, which Eliza used in her favour and sat on his spot. They captured that one from my behind so you can't really see my facial expressions because I was furious at her audacity. I asked her to leave. But she went ahead and touched my hands. Which was also captured. But what they didn't capture is me getting up from there and walking away." Murat's eyes never left Mashal the entire time. He wanted her to know how much of a trap this was. He wanted her to believe him. And she did. God! He was so lucky to have her as his wife.

Malaika blinked, "can we trust you?"

"Mama, I trust him. He'd never do that to me. If you trust me, you should definitely believe him." Mashal spoke up for her husband, who smiled at her words. It was one grateful smile. He looked so grateful and relieved. She wanted nothing but to hug him tightly and tell him it's alright and that they were okay.

"Where were you though? Why disappear without informing anyone?" Arsalaan asked.

"I went out to get them all removed. They were baseless and such a manipulative move by Eliza. I asked her to back off and never bother me again. She said she'd leave alone if Mashal didn't leave me after all this mess." Murat scoffed, feeling frustrated at his own choice. Why did he fall for her of all people? What went wrong with him?

"It is removed now. I sued the news magazines for publishing all these lies. But the fans, I can't do much about them." Murat replied frustratedly. He can't believe he used to love this type of fame once upon a time.

"We trust you, Murat beta. Don't worry. Everything is going to be fine," Arsalaan came forward and patted his back sympathisingly.

"But don't you ever meet that Eliza again. You should be fair with my daughter and there's no second marriage happening." Malaika glared at him before storming off the house. Arsalaan sighed looking at his retreating back, "please don't mind her harshness. She loves Mashal a little too much. Just don't do anything to hurt my daughter. That's all we ever ask."

"Of course, uncle. I can understand where auntie is coming from. But Mashal is the best thing to have ever happened to me, I'd never do that to her. She's my only forever." Murat explained sincerely. His father in law smiled slowly with a nod and walked back to their home as well.

It was just Murat and Mashal now. They stared at each other for a while, without blinking their eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me about meeting her, Murat? I'd have been prepared for all of this." Mashal finally spoke something. And she didn't fail to show her disappointment now. As a wife, she felt it wasn't right to throw him under the bus in front of her parents. But in private it's a different story. She didn't want this to be a reason they end up resenting each other or something.

"I thought she was irrelevant. But still, I was going to tell you. There was no time yesterday. I was super busy as you have seen. And then all of this happened this morning. I didn't intend to hide any of this, Mashal." He came forward and held her hands, she nodded lazily, "I'm so done with your ex drama. What the hell was that interview? Second marriage. Was she serious?"

Mashal scoffed in disbelief. That girl was super crazy if she thought any of that would be possible. Only in her dreams perhaps.

"You know what's the sad truth in all this?" Murat sighed dejectedly.

"It was Chris who took all these photos. Eliza came there to do a shoot of her own and lured him into doing all this in exchange for more opportunities in the paparazzi industry." Murat still wasn't over the betrayal of Chris, his so-called best friend. Who didn't think twice before doing all this to him.

Chris was a journalist. He just didn't think his friend would stoop so low for fame and money.

"I never had a positive vibe from him. Don't talk with him again, Murat. It's good that his intentions are exposed now." Mashal whispered sadly as she leaned in and wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly. He needed someone to hold onto him so badly right now and she will be that someone today and forever. She knows very well how much it hurts when close friends betray you. She has seen such people throughout her life and it hurt every single time. She can't imagine how much it's going to affect her husband.

Chirs and Murat were so close after all.

"Thank you for having faith in me, Mashal."

"I was so worried about you. What if you didn't believe me?" He murmured vulnerably as his hold on her tightened, she felt herself being lifted in the air, her legs goes to wrap around his torso automatically.

"But I believe you. That's all that matters." He placed a lingering kiss on her forehead as she replied so honestly. It meant the world to him that she has trusted him with something as serious as this.

When the whole world was going against him there was his wife. What did he do to call her as his?

"Take me to our bedroom. We should get some sleep and forget everything." She cupped his face gently and stared into his deep black eyes that looked broken and painful. Her heart went out to him.

Sometimes it's your close ones actions that hurt you the most. And whatever Chris did has impacted him hugely. Murat could never forget the betrayal.

But they were glad that Chris's fake mask has fallen off. It's better late than never anyway.

***

@Murat.Saeed : My one and only ❤️

Sitting on top of the kitchen counter, Mashal was munching on a carrot as she scrolled through Instagram. Her eyes lit up brightly as she saw Murat's recent Instagram post. She immediately gave it a double tap. A wide smile appeared on her face.

That picture was taken by Meher, more like her sister and husband ganged up on her and made her click this one. It came out super cute surprisingly and she was tempted to change all her social media profiles into this one. But didn't do it fearing the evil eyes. She was silly like that.

But what surprised her the most was Murat posting it online. He never posts anything about them. Not in the last five months of their marriage anyway. His reasoning was Eliza. He didn't want her fans to badmouth her. It was a common thing for fans to go and comment nasty things when their favourite ship breaks and the said person gets a new partner.

"You posted this!" She exclaimed with a mouthful of carrot. Her heart fluttered with happiness as she read his captain again and again. She placed the phone aside and glanced at his handsomeness. Gosh! How can he be so good looking?

Murat nodded distractedly with a small smile as he cooked their lunch. They drove into the forest this morning, away from the city and came to this small town near the forest for a mini vacation.

Yesterday was a disaster and Murat wanted to get away from all of it for a few days at least. It was the first time he has taken his wife along for one of his adventurous trips. She was only happy to come along.

"I need to put a full stop to that second marriage drama and this was it. You're my one and only, Mashal. In this life and the hereafter," he kept the stove on sim and leaned in towards her, pressing his lips against her. Her breath hitched as she kissed him back while his hands move to hold her waist, pulling her more into the kiss. She was seated a few meters away from the stove which he used in his favour.

"This photo will shut all their mouths now. They'll stop publishing rubbish." He sighed inwardly while she couldn't care less about any of that as long as Murat was loyal to her.

Her eyes darkened with desire as she cupped his face and pulled him for another wild kiss. This time their tongues had a battle of their own, fighting for dominance but neither of them won. They had to break apart, panting softly.

"Teach me how to swim," Mashal whispered whilst breathing unevenly. It was all of a sudden but she was eager to learn it since Murat loved swimming so much.

They were staying in the beach house that was gifted to him by his parents and the view of the beach was amazing from here. Murat was tempted to go and take a long swim as soon as he came but they were hungry and thirsty. He decided to cook a delicious lunch first and then go swim. But his wife's sudden request made him rethink his decision.

Mashal's stomach made a sound turning her cheeks red. She looked mortified and turned her gaze away from him. He had a teasing smile plastered on his face.

"We should eat first." He nibbled her ears and pulled back reluctantly. It was so difficult to keep his hands to himself when she was looking so pretty like this.

She just wore his sweatshirt and pants. It was more comfortable according to her and he found her super hot in his clothing. He had guessed she keeps wearing them just to tempt him and all her attempts were successful so far.

Mashal laughed awkwardly and waited for the lunch to be made. The drive has worn her out pretty much but she was looking forward to learning swimming. The one thing which her husband loved so much. She wanted to know what's the big deal about it.

With red cheeks, she picked her phone again and scrolled through social media. She couldn't stop gawking at Murat's post. It was so adorable and she made a silent dua for protection from evil eyes. Feeling curious, she opened the comment section and her mind was completely blown for a second.

People were debating about the ship name for her and Murat. She found them all hilarious if anything.

#MurShal
#RatShal
#MurMashal, were the top three ship names they all have come up with. She didn't approve of anything. But found it sweet that they were supportive of Murat's new relationship. More than half of Murat's Instagram followers were #EliRat shippers. But it felt nice to see them being understanding and nice.

There were also a few bad comments which she skipped without completely reading them.

"Don't go there." Murat snatched her phone with a shake of his head as he pocketed it and began to fill their plates with their lunch as he switched off the stove.

"Reading comments about ourselves is not healthy. Especially given our situation. Things get quite nasty." Murat advised her gently and glanced at her sideways.

She was beaming much to his surprise.

"They were healthy comments mostly. And they wished you good luck with the marriage. Few were still hoping you to get back with that woman but most of them were supportive comments." Mashal smiled softly.

"Their opinions never matter anymore. It did once upon a time. But not now," Murat caressed her cheeks gently making her shiver as usual.

"Glad to know, let's eat quickly and go learn some swimming." Mashal clapped excitedly.

She was really looking forward to a great evening.

***

The swimming lessons turned more than just that. There was a woman in their neighbourhood who was apparently a photographer and Murat wanted her to take a photoshoot of him and Mashal in the water, his favourite place on the earth. She was more than willing to do that.

Only Mashal wasn't too happy. All those pictures involved Murat in his bare chest form which she didn't want anyone else to see. His handsomeness was just hers. Hers to touch, hers to enjoy and hers to kiss. But she didn't say much seeing his excitement about the photoshoot. Murat was someone who loved preserving memories in the form of photos. He loved them with a passion and she has to respect his wishes as his partner.

The outcome was beautiful anyway and as soon as the woman left, Mashal began to kiss him possessively. As if stalking her claim on him. And they made out in the ocean for half an hour straight. None of which either of them regretted. It was a great day. And life was beautiful even with all the ups and downs.

@Mashal.Murat : In his arms, in the middle of nowhere.

@Mashal.Murat : With him, even the deepest of oceans feels safe.

@Mashal.Murat : Mine

Mashal has created a couple account for him and her, which is very private and has only the two of them as followers. She posts all their intimate pictures in there and she uploaded her favourite few from their recent photoshoot.

She couldn't stop smiling looking at a few of them. They both looked so good together. Like they were just meant to be together. Maybe they were. The thought sent butterflies all over her stomach.

"I love this picture,"

Murat was too busy admiring her, he didn't pay any attention to what she was talking about. When she realised what was happening, her cheeks turned bright red. It's the way he looks like her, with his deep black eyes. All intensely and passionately, like she's some exquisite art to stare gets her jittery and bashful every single time. It felt nice to be desired in such a way though, for she admires him just as passionately.

***

Three days into the vacation and Mashal has excelled in swimming already. Every evening, she and Murat would go for a hour long swim and it was the most relaxing feeling ever.

But at this moment, Mashal was feeling anxious as she paced in their living room. Any time now, Murat will be back from his walk. She needed all the courage for what's going to happen next.

"Babe, I'm home." She jumped while hearing his voice. With a self pat on her shoulders, she plastered a smile and turned to face him.

"What happened to you?" He asked curiously, looking at her odd behaviour. She shrugged, trying to be nonchalant and laughed awkwardly.

"Are you okay?" He came forward and checked her temperature. She was fine. But seeing her behaviour he felt concerned.

"I want to show you something," She bit her inner cheeks and gazed at the floor. It was something very personal and after these confessions, things are going to change.

"You're worrying me," He gazed at her as she ran upstairs and got down in the blink of his eyes. She held a book in her hands. Her face as usual was completely red.

"Here! I want you to see this" She handed him the book.

Puzzled, he took it from her.

And the title of the book took his breath away.

His Little Neighbour, was written in beautiful fonts.

This is how he has saved her number on his phone and he was surprised to see a whole damn book written with that name.

"You have always wanted to read my works. Here you go." She whispered almost inaudibly. But because the room was in pin-drop silence, he could hear everything.

A wide beam appeared on his face as he flipped open the pages.

Dedicated to my neighbour, who has turned my whole world upside down.

"This one is for you, my neighbour." Mashal smiled as she observed the priceless look on Murat's face. He immediately engulfed her in his embrace, holding onto her tightly.

"You penned our story," he muttered in utter disbelief as they broke apart. He didn't waste another second and began to read the first chapter.

"Those first few chapters include my creepy obsession with you. And then how we eventually get married. I've penned down everything." Mashal mumbled incoherently. She felt so jittery and nervous throughout the time as he read each word. It felt intimate in a weird way for no one from her family has ever got to read something from her.

"This is so good, Mashal." His compliment only made her more bashful if anything.

She wasn't good at receiving compliments for her writing, and that too face to face is a whole different thing. But it felt nice, to be appreciated by that someone for whom she has dedicated this whole book.

"Thank you," She whispered again. God! What's wrong with her? Where did all her confidence go?

"Why are you shy about this? It's wonderful, Mashal. I'm so damn proud to be called your husband. Have you seen it? This is a masterpiece." Murat was all praises for her just by reading the first few paragraphs. He looked at the cover page again.

"Have you already published this?" He was surprised would be an understatement of the night. He was speechless with her sudden revelation. It was a good kind of speechless.

"Well, yeah. My publisher sent me this author's copy just this morning." Mashal smiled widely. He was the only person to know about this side of her. And it was special.

"Wow. I can't get enough of saying this, but I'm super proud of you, Masha Allah." His giant arms scooped her in his arms as he placed a lingering kiss on her forehead. Mashal smiled against his chest, feeling mushy.

"Wait a minute. Wait a damn minute. You are the best selling anonymous author Mishal Abbasi. Wow. Tell me you're kidding with me." Murat's eyes widened as he read the author's name on the book.

Since she was very secretive about her books, Mashal has chosen to go with a pen name instead of her real name and yes, her previous books were best sellers. No one was aware of this. She didn't think Murat would catch up on this.

"How did you know about Mishal Abbasi?" Mashal smiled shyly as she looked at him with curiosity.

"Syra is a hardcore romance fan and she loves your books. She wouldn't shut up about it for ages. God! If you tell her you're the author of these books, she's going to flip. Forget about everything bitter and will keep on talking about all those characters of yours." Murat laughed just at the thought of it.

"I'm not confident enough for that. This book... They include all sorts of cheesy stuff. I'm not comfortable with my family reading all of that. That's why the pen name." Mashal smiled nervously even though the thought of being friends with Syra sounded so tempting.

"Oh! But I hope you reveal this to everyone. They all should know how talented you are. Bestseller author. Masha Allah!" Murat grinned as he held the book tightly.

"Is this really our story? As in everything?" Murat couldn't believe he was holding something as precious as this in his hands. He was smiling throughout the time.

"Everything is real." She buried her face in his chest, feeling very overwhelmed.

"I'm planning on becoming a full-time author, Murat. That's what I love doing the most. And I want to chase this dream of mine with my real name this time." It took her a lot of courage to come up with this decision.

"When we go back home, I'll tell my family about this and I want you by my side. I know it isn't something bad. But I need you as my moral support." She whispered nervously as he ran his hands through her hair, which no longer is long. She has cut it short the moment she found about the similarities between her and Eliza which has bothered him so much in the beginning.

She was angry with him for not sharing it sooner. But he had his reasons so she let's him be.

But Mashal don't want to be anything that resembled his ex. It was very impulsive but she loved her shoulder-length hair, which is also very easy to maintain.

"I'll always be on your side, Mashal. Through thick and thin." He placed a kiss on the crown of her head. She smiled at his words.

"I love you, Murat." she looked into his deep black eyes and confessed with all her heart.

"Love you too," he whispered huskily making her toes curl.

Few months ago when she randomly started writing this story, she could have never imagined this day would ever be possible. But here she was. Living such a beautiful life. Alhamdulillah.

"I'm going to read this whole book." Murat held it close to his heart and smiled dreamily.

"But I want a spoiler." He was suddenly very serious. She raised her brows at his request.

"How will our ending be in this book?" He grinned at his own question. She laughed with a shake of her head.

"You scared me for a second." Mashal smiled widely as she recollected the ending of their book.

"We have a very beautiful and happy ending. It's full of laughter, happiness, tears, ups and downs, arguments and somewhere there is sadness too. But we stick together through thick and thin." She had tears in her eyes just by thinking about it. They still had a long, long way to go, but she knew that with Murat by her side, the bumpy ride ahead is going to be okay. They were going to be okay.

Murat looked equally emotional and happy by her answer. He hugged her again, lifting her in the air. She was so little and all his.

"Thank you for everything, my little neighbour."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 52.2K 18
(Unwanted series#1) Ever heard of any unwanted person? Ever? Aziya was also one of them, an unwanted. No one wanted her. She was an unwanted daughter...
102K 2.3K 18
[Under Editing] *Ruthless Mafia x innocent girl* Sheza Khan youngest daughter of Kabir Khan, a minor gangster. . She is eighteen years old. She is a...
259K 9.2K 31
what will you do when u marry a stranger all of a sudden bcoz that's the last wish of ur father will u comply his demand or u will just reject that...
390K 19.8K 35
"𝘕𝘰, 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴. 𝘔𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘶𝘮𝘴𝘦 𝘱𝘺𝘢𝘢𝘳 𝘯𝘢𝘩𝘪 𝘬𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘪 𝘍𝘢𝘩𝘢𝘥. 𝘔𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘭 𝘮𝘦𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘶𝘮𝘩𝘢𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘺𝘦...