Cordolium

By IIIaveryIII

Nesta Marooz had many secrets. None which she was willing to share. But secrets have a way of worming their w... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
Important!!!
Sequel!

8

4K 127 12
By IIIaveryIII

•♧•♤•♢•♡•♡•♢•♤•♧•

•♧•♤•♢•♡•♡•♢•♤•♧•

Nesta had realised two things.

First. She had grown to like Kaz Brekker. And not platonically.

Over the years she had always felt something dragging her closer to him, but she hadn't known what. Now she did.

Second. She had to leave Ketterdam.

She knew that nothing would be achieved by staying in Ketterdam. It would just pain her to stay there with Kaz. The mostly emotionless young man with anger issues and a fierce hatred towards Pekka Rollins.

Once she had realised the true extent of her feelings, being around Kaz had become extremely hard. The urge to in some way touch him had become so much stronger. The wanting to known him, the real him, was almost unbearable.

But she knew that nothing would ever happen. And so she had decided that her departure from Ketterdam would bring the least pain to her.

Nesta was standing at the docks of Fifth Harbour, in her hands was the jewellery box stolen from Barlowe's house. She was waiting to meet the Kaelish Captain, but her price in exchange for the box wouldn't only be the 20 000 kruge, but something more.

Her eye was fixated on a large ship in front of her, waiting for the Captain to emerge.

In the dim light of the sunset, her eyes almost looked to be the same colour. The green of her left looked almost the same as it had years ago, almost the same blue as was her right eye. Both of her eyes matched the dark waves in the sunset. Her usually light eyes were now looking closer to Kaz's brown eyes.

Finally she saw a large man with a long beard and a bun on his head emerge from the ship. The man was wearing a woolly jumper, very high suspenders and rubber boots. Nesta might have been scared of the large Captain if she didn't know how to defend herself.

"The jewellery box from the daughter of Barlowe's room," she presented the box to him.

"How'd you get it?"

His accent was very strong and rough, but Nesta had had practice with much worse. Her and her mother's neighbour in the Southern Colonies had been a rather old Kaelish woman with the strongest accent she had ever heard. The woman was very sweet, but for a little Nesta it had been very hard to understand her. But eventually she learntto understand the accent.

"That is of no importance to you. I believe you now owe me 20 000 kruge," she smiled sweetly.

The man grunted and tossed a bag at her. Nesta made sure that it was real money and quickly counted it. She would feel bad if Kaz lost his money, because of her.

As the Captain started to walk away Nesta caught his attention again and stopped him from going back onto the ship.

"I would also like to request a bed space on your trip to the Southern Colonies."

The redhead laughed loudly and turned around to face the girl, looking down at her. Although Nesta was quite tall she didn't even reach the shoulder of this Captain.

"You expect to get a spot on my ship without earning it or giving me something in return? You're a naive little girl."

Nesta smirked and rocked on her heels, looking a bit crazy in the low light.

"Oh believe me Captain, I'm not naive. And you will be getting something in return."

The Captain clearly didn't believe a word she had just said.

"What would you give me then," he inquired.

"My silence. I won't let your wife know about your affair with your first mate."

The large man was shocked with the information Nesta held.

"I'm assuming that's a fair deal?"

When she still got no response, she walked over to the man, shook his hand and smiled.

"I'll see you at dawn then, Captain!"

And so she left the docks with both a heavy and a light feeling in her heart.

Over the years in the city, she had made so many memories. She had grown fond of the disgusting city. She didn't want to leave, but she knew leaving would be easier on her heart.

When she finally got to the Slat, most occupants had already gone to sleep or were still drinking and gambling at the Crow Club.

She made her way upstairs to Kaz's office, only to find it empty. She just left the bag of money and a note explaining she had left, on his desk.

Then she moved on to her own room. She quickly packed the little clothes she had and other important objects to her. Nesta would have loved nothing more than to bring her cuckoo clocks with her, but they were large and there was no way that she would fit all of them.

And she wanted to annoy Kaz even when she was gone. Although she couldn't be sure that he would keep them on the wall after her departure.

She sat down on her bed, looking around the room that had been her home for the last few years. She knew it would be painful to leave them as well.

As the sun had completely set, Nesta made her way downstairs. She packed a small bag full of food as well. She had only gotten a sleeping spot on the ship. No food or drink had been included in their negotiations. Well, rather her blackmail.

With one last look around the Slat she walked out of the door and towards the Fifth Harbour, this time with complete darkness surrounding her.

As she stepped onto the docks and was about to step onto the Kaelish Captain's ship, she heard a familiar sound.

The sound of footsteps with a cane.

"Nesta!"

And so, when she turned around, she saw the person she had hoped not to see. The person who made leaving both the right choice and also made it very difficult.

In front of her stood the ever menacing-looking Kaz Brekker.

•♧•♤•♢•♡•♡•♢•♤•♧•

I feel like I'm moving a bit too fast with their feelings. Maybe not. I don't know.

Fun fact! Katie McGrath actually has two different coloured eyes in real life. Blue and green.

I really liked writing this chapter. Don't know why, but I did. So I hope you will now enjoy reading it!

And please vote and comment! It means a lot to me if I get to hear your opinions and feelings about this book!

Kaz: 16
Nesta: 17

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 1K 24
Every coin has two sides. The same can be said for people. Her name is Wysteria Kirigan. A rare type of Grisha. A shadow summoner. After escaping h...
15.9K 523 23
Erine was just a child when she met Kaz Brekker. She was to young to know exactly what it meant to be a crow, but never the less she was one. The Bar...
29.3K 1.2K 41
"Deadly Little Leo... always gets what she wants" "You wont even see her coming" «────────────────────» #1 - Inej Ghafa #3 - Jesper Fahey #1 - Sun Su...
42 1 7
Azara Zhdanov split her heart in half to save Kaz Brekker's life. Bound with distance, she now works as the Bastard of the Barrel's bodyguard, and is...