Conveniently Flawed (Drista C...

By Littlefufferfish

After mostly recovering from her illness, Drista decides it's time to live life to the fullest. She partakes... More

Freedom
Remembering
Natalie
Horror
Tattoo
Lani
Disappointment
Infection
Invasive
Promises
Pills
Together
Ash
Jaxon
Games
Selfish
Bite
Shadows
Besties
Careful
Concussion
Inheritance
Memories
Prayer
Overflowing
Something
Scratched
Cursed
Blazing
Fire
Pain
Funeral
Changing

Crazy

253 13 3
By Littlefufferfish

TW// Mentions of Self-h*rm and Suic!de

Dream was sat at the front entrance, waiting for Drista and Karl to walk to him. When they approached Dream, Drista had a look that could kill.

"Hey, everything go okay?" Dream asked them.

"Yeah, we just need to fill a prescription. It's a UTI." Karl smiled to lighten the mood.

"Okay, let's go." Dream stood up and started walking out. "I'll go to the pharmacy and fill the prescription." Dream told Karl, since he was in charge of Drista.

Karl handed him the little paper. "Here, you and her can walk to the pharmacy and fill that." The pharmacy was just across the road.

"Okay, We'll be back." Dream started walking, and Drista dragged her feet along with him. "What's wrong? you look pissed."

"I am..." Drista confirmed the obvious.

"What happened?" Dream was of course, worried.

"I don't want to talk about it, I just don't feel good..." Drista didn't want to bring up anything that happened, she felt like she was just being dramatic now.

"Okay? So are you going back to the lake house, or do you want to come home?" Dream was used to having her home when she wasn't feeling well.

"I'll go back to the lake house, I've only got it for a month...do you want to come stay with us for a couple days?" Drista didn't want to baby herself, but Dream was one of her key comforters. Having him around would make her feel more safe and loved.

"I thought I wasn't allowed?" Dream raised an eyebrow.

"Just for a couple days..." Drista repeated that part.

"Alright, but I have to pack a bag. You can go back with Karl, and I'll be there tomorrow morning sometime." It was getting late, and Dream didn't want to do the hour long drive if he technically didn't have to.

"Okay, that's fine." Drista agreed. She was surprised Dream hadn't tried to see her tattoo yet.

They managed to get the prescription with minimal waiting, and then Dream walked Drista back to Karl's car.

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" Dream opened the door and let her in the car. Then he handed the prescription to Karl.

"Okay..." Drista was getting tired.

"Wait." Karl gestured towards Dream's car. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

Dream nodded his head and went to his car and sat in it with Karl. They turned the heat on since it was cooling off as the sun had started disappearing.

"What's up?" Dream leaned into his seat.

"Well, it's obviously about Drista." Karl started.

"I assumed, what's up?" Dream hoped that she didn't have secret piercings now too.

"I'm a little worried about her. Sapnap told me that he found her in the bathroom, crying. Fully clothed and soaking wet. I would of told you sooner, but I only found out this morning and I wasn't sure how to tell you..." Karl finished his statement with a frown.

"Why the hell would she be in the tub with her clothes on?" Dream didn't understand it at first, but then started using his imagination. "She's suicidal but she's too afraid of death. Drowning yourself isn't easy to do Karl."

"I know but...regardless if she can drown herself or not. There could be other attempts if we don't do something." Karl was concerned since finding out. "I just don't want to ruin her vacation by constantly harassing her over it."

"Well if you and Sapnap genuinely think she might kill herself, the vacation is over. She will need to be monitored." Dream started to become worried as well. He knew Drista had implied suicide multiple times during treatment. He had just assumed that it was empty phrases that didn't hold any meaning. Now he wondered if she was actually at risk.

"She deserves this vacation. I'm just saying...maybe you should come and keep an eye on her. I'll have to go to work again soon and honestly, I'm a bit nervous trusting Sapnap alone." Karl admitted that he didn't think Sapnap could keep her safe.

Dream took a deep breath. "I'll bring her home with me tonight, and talk to her. We'll be back tomorrow morning, and I guess I'll stay with her for the next week until you can take over again."

Karl nodded slowly, knowing it was probably a good idea. He and Sapnap would just need to come up with an excuse to tell the boys. They didn't need to know their adult concerns. "Sounds like a plan."

They went back to the car, and Dream opened Drista's door. "Hey, You're going to come home for tonight."

Drista looked confused. "Why?"

"I just want to talk to you. Me and you will go to the lake house tomorrow morning. It's getting late so I bet the boys will just go to sleep and not realize you're still gone." Dream reached for Bruno's leash and took him out of the car.

"No..." Drista absentmindedly covered her wrist, assuming this was about her tattoo.

"You're not in trouble." Dream assured her.

"Why do you want me to come home then?" Drista wasn't buying it.

"Just want to talk, okay? Nothing too serious, and you're not in trouble." Dream reached over and unclipped her seatbelt.

"Just get over my tattoo already..." Drista stayed stubborn.

Dream gave her a warning look. He was getting annoyed. "As upset as I am that you got a tattoo behind my back, it's not about that. Come on."

Drista got out, wondering now what else this could be about. "Goodnight and goodbye Karl..." She told Karl as he got back in the car.

"Goodbye, I'll see you tomorrow your majesty." Karl smiled to let her know no one was mad at her.

-

"I'm not crazy!" Drista shouted at her brother, while clearly in a bad episode that he somehow triggered.

"I never said you were crazy!" Dream shouted back, while holding her arms so she couldn't grab anything. She had threatened to grab a knife and cut herself.

"But you think I'm fucking insane, so same thing!" Drista kept trying to get away from him.

Dream restrained her tighter. "I never said that, calm down and I'll let you go!" He was terrified of letting her go, and then someone getting hurt. Most likely it would be herself.

Drista took some heavy breaths before calming down and allowing her brother to ease his hold on her. "You want to send me away, you think I'm crazy."

Dream shook his head and sighed at her. "Psych wards are for all kinds of things, not just 'crazy' people. Which is a bit insensitive by the way, considering I've been to one." Dream had suggested she spend some time in the mental hospital in the near future, if she was truly feeling suicidal.

"You might as well send me to jail! I'm not even suicidal!" Drista whined and tried to get her brother's hands off her.

"Look at me and tell me the truth." Dream all of a sudden let go of her completely, not wanting to continue to cross her lines.

Drista turned away from him completely. "I wasn't going to drown myself, Karl is dramatic. I just slipped and fell in the tub."

Dream nearly laughed. "I'm not stupid sis...look at me, it's okay. I'm here and I only want you to get better. I only suggested the mental hospital. You don't have to go, I was just recommending it. I know how scary it is to not want to live, so can you let me know a way I can help you?"

Drista turned around slowly and hugged him. "I don't know...I'm lost."

Dream wrapped his arms around her protectively. "I'm lost most days too, but it gets better eventually. I know you have a lot sitting on your chest. A lot has happened to you, so I understand why you might feel suicidal sometimes."

"I'm so ready to die...but so scared to die." Drista struggled to wrap her head around it.

"I was too. I was so scared, but I was ready to die. Thankfully I failed. If I didn't, I wouldn't of been around during your treatment." Dream was thankful that he lived to help his sister through her sickness.

"But I'm going to die one day anyway...and I'd rather take my own life, then let something else kill me." Drista shoved her face into Dream's chest as he leaned down to give her a better hug.

"If you die, Bruno won't understand why you're not coming back." Dream purposed that thought to her.

"He'll forget, dogs don't have complicated emotions like people." Drista shut the thought down pretty fast.

"You shouldn't leave him behind." Dream guilted her.

"Are you this worried about Lani's cat? Or her siblings?" Drista proposed something to him next.

Dream fell painfully quiet for a moment. "That's different...that was out of her control."

"Well her cat doesn't know that. Go guilt Lani's dead body instead!" Drista got out of the hug and went upstairs with Bruno.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 990 30
Drista develops some nasty habits and moves back in with Dream 2 years later. She may finally be old enough to drive her car, but she's still young a...
3.9K 186 9
We got SBI, Ranboo, Tubbo Come get your content Mostly angst, fluff, hurt/comfort READ THE A/N at the beginning for warnings/rules! marked as complet...
90.6K 3K 50
[DISCONTINUED - WRITER NO LONGER ACTIVE] This is just a book of Tommy and Tubbo oneshots, as the title says, and I have put content warnings at the b...
234K 5.1K 25
The reader is included in this story! Readers set gender: She/Her ( sorry if this is offensive but it was how i intended the book to be! ) Characters...