Love Punched | COMPLETED

By SkylerChase29

❝ I'm as much a bad-boy as you're an average girl. So I suppose that answers both our questions. ❞ •♤• Lila S... More

IᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴT
Aesthetics
Dedication
01. Oblivious
02. They bet?
03. A Nuisance
04. Sly Intentions
05. Universal Signs
06. Annoying Guys
07. Tricked
08. Black & Blue
09. Deep Talks
10. Friday Fights
11. Holy Turn On
12. A Brilliant Idea
13. Messed Up
14. Everyone Has Secrets
15. Irony At Its Finest
16. Jalapeños
17. Damning Conscience
18. Confrontations
19. Unwanted Changes
20. Body Building
21. Convincing
22. Sad Anniversary
23. Downhill
24. Slip Of Control
25. Backstory
26. Complexity
27. Changing Perceptions
28. Backstage
29. Not Ready Yet
30. Birthday Boy
31. Smitten
32. Burning Up
33. Knowing Lila
34. Knowing Derek
35. Interested?
36. Talk It Out
37. Connections
39. Get It Over With
40. Strained
41. One Chance
42. Wildcat Vs Wolf
43. Birthday Girl
44. Tell Me
45. High On Emotions
46. Kiss It Better
47. Fall Prey
48. Warning Bells
49. Bittersweet
50. Be Mine, Kitkat
Epilogue

38. What Happened?

3.6K 205 151
By SkylerChase29

(Derek's P.O.V)

I'd kept this a secret for so long and now it was out there. Desi had definitely heard the argument.

"Is what Derek said true, Mom?"

A tremor in my sister's voice was detectable and my fists clenched so tight I was sure my knuckles had turned white.

A sob escaped my Mother and Desiree's mouth opened but no words came out.

I breathed out heavily and kept staring at my sister who refused to meet my eyes.

But it had to have been a shock.

I was feeling like an addict, wanting to smoke and forget all my worries. I wanted to fiddle with the lighter that Kitkat had in her possession now and breathe in death.

"Did you cheat on Dad? How long?"

Her eyes were burning up and her brown locks looked untamable.

Unable to hear more, I stormed away and banged the door on my way out.  I wanted to punch someone, something. Maybe going to Blue would be good.

Turning the ignition on my bike and putting on the helmet quickly, I breathed in as the engine roared to life and the evening sky greeted me. My chest felt like a boulder had crushed it and a sinking feeling became the perpetual state. 

Feeling like a stranger in my own skin, I savored the roar of the engine before speeding away to Blue, the promise of violence so strong that I could almost taste it even though I doubted I could let off steam that way today.

•♤•

Two hours later, I was drunk on one bottle of whiskey, one bottle of beer and three tequila shots.

My stomach churned but I ignored it as my head swam. I was probably well on my way to throw up but I'd rather not.

It wasn't hard to convince the bartender to give me drinks since my fake ID was foolproof. It was a plus that Diego wasn't here and I just told him to put everything on Diego's tab which actually worked because I'd been apparently spotted with Diego by him. He decided to have some mercy on me.

Yeah, no that last part was all me.

I wanted to smoke but that habit was being curbed. Like an addict, I craved it whenever I had problems big enough to warrant a smoke but Kitkat always popped into my head and I didn't have the lighter either.

Another reminder of my colossal fuck-ups.

I downed another mouthful of the burning liquid and banged my head on the counter.

The bartender gave me the stink eye. "Alright, I think that's enough alcohol for you."

He came to snatch the bottle of beer in my hand but I got it out of his reach and slid off the barstool. Grinning, I winked, "Sorry. I'll leave."

I ignored his shouts of protests and made it out of Blue on wobbly feet. The ground tilted beneath my feet but I managed to right myself.

Did this help in drowning out my problems? No.

Did I get utterly wasted? Yes.

Was drinking and smoking a solution to any of the world's problems? No.

People just glorified it.

I sighed, rubbing my temple and standing still as people knocked into me. I found my bike and then squinted as I saw double, the sun hanging low in the horizon didn't help.

Or maybe that wasn't the sun but a streetlight glowing a burning orange.

It was pretty dark.

"Yeah, sorry babe. I don't think I can ride you tonight." I shook my head and decided I'd get my bike at a later date.

But then the sentence registered and I thought of Kitkat.

Kitkat.

Right.

Lila.

My alcohol addled mind impeded my clarity but the mere thought of those metallic grey eyes trained on me and her mahogany hair wrapped in my hands as I devoured her plump lips made me groan.

Blood rushed south and I cursed. I had to walk all the way back to the house and doing it not just drunk but also hard? Yeah, that'd suck.

But accepting my fate and a little too impatient to see my break from the world, I ploughed ahead on the dark road and focused on putting one step in front of another.

I knocked into a pole and blinked, groaning and making a disgruntled noise as I rubbed my forehead. Looking around, I realized I was actually at Lila's place. Well, we were neighbors so my place too, I guess.

I chuckled at myself.

Looking at the house, I only saw her room lit up and then climbed over the wall easily

Not.

It'd have been an easy feat if I wasn't teetering on my feet like a drunk ballerina. 

Well, I was drunk just not a ballerina.

Stumbling forth, I wondered how to grab her attention.

Because I really wanted to see her.

For the past few weeks, everything had been tense. I missed our lighthearted banter and I just wanted some time with my Kitkat, free of all the world's responsibilities weighing me down. It isn't that I didn't anticipate change, it's just that I didn't like the transition.

I wanted to tell her I liked her and kiss her senseless but I wasn't drunk enough for that apparently.

"Liiiila!"

Only the crickets made sound in response.

"Kitkat, yooohooo!"

"Your Romeo's heree!"

The window on the first floor flew open and Lila popped her head outside. With a subtle frown on her head, her eyes found me quickly.

"Are you drunk?"

I widened my eyes. "How'd you know?" I stage-whispered and she cringed.

Why'd she cringe?

The window closed and Lila vanished.

I pouted. 

I walked a few more steps forward, wondering what to do next to annoy my favorite person and get her to come outside when the Smith's door flew open.

I watched fascinated as Kitkat walked out in an oversized tee shirt and some color of capris that again made me notice her gorgeousness. I think all my dizziness vanished in the face of this goddess.

"All hail Lila!" I raised my hands and stumbled a bit.

She caught me though and put one arm over her neck, grabbing a firm a hold of me and grunting something under her breath like 'insufferable moron' in annoyance.

I liked her skin on mine. 

Thank you summer for less clothes and more naked skin.

"What are you doing here, drunk off your ass and shouting?" She hissed, her loose long hair sliding over her shoulder as she bent and I wondered if she'd let me touch her hair.

"Desiree found out Mom cheated because I was arguing with Mom and I didn't know she was home." I blurted out, closing my eyes and swallowing the lump in my throat at the painful reminder.

She looked at me, her eyes widening a fraction before she glanced at my house next door and then cursed under her breath.

"Let's just...get you upstairs." 

She winced and I stumbled along as she dragged me inside with her. I noted miscellaneous things like the vase with lilies in the corner and the cube print on the curtains until we started up the stairs.

"Whoa, you're strong."

"I know." She glared at me and I smiled nicely.

Finally making it upstairs, she guided me to a room that...wasn't hers. I dug my feet into the ground, halting her.

"That's not the way to your room." I felt my brows dip and my lips pursed.

She rolled her eyes, "Yes, because we're not going to my room." She enunciated the sentence and smiled dangerously. "Now move your ass."

I grunted but obliged and we finally opened the door. She heaved me inside and I'm not proud to say I actually let her do most of the work and pretty much dragged my feet along.

She switched the light on and I hissed like a vampire in daylight. She snickered at my reaction.

But it was fun seeing Kitkat struggle and curse as she threw me onto the bed, so I kept mum. Just as she went to move her arm, I pulled her back down and she yelped softly as she landed on me.

The impact made me groan as her softness met my starving body.

She stilled on top of me and all sorts of dirty thoughts filled my head at neck-breaking speed.

I inhaled deeply, a certain leather like scent that was all Lila filled my senses and worked like a balm. 

"Thanks." Mumbling I buried my face in her hair.

"Derek!" She smacked my chest and I rumbled out a laugh, inching lower to nestle my face in the crook of her neck instead. My hands wrapped around her waist and I held her tightly. The haze in my mind clearing a bit.

I wanted to do this for god-knows how long.

"Derek." In a dangerously calm tone of voice, Kitkat addressed me warningly. But I'd lost a few of my inhabitations with each drink I drowned and so I wasn't budging.

She sucked in a breath and her hands found their way to my shoulders. With a gentle push, she got herself up and stared down at me with her chest rising and falling. I felt my eyes dip and her hair curtained us on one side. I groaned.

"You drive me crazy, Kitkat." I breathed out.

"Should I feel honored?" Her breath was shaky and I was more than proud of my hand in this state of hers.

I grinned. "Definitely."

With one quick motion belying my swiftness and at odds with my drunk ass, I switched our positions so she lay beneath me, caged and hearts hammering against our chests.

I was in my mind enough to know she would never let me pin her unless she wanted me to. Lila Smith was many things but powerless and weak weren't any of them. 

It was oddly reminiscent of the Wildcat and her wild streaks, her capable moves and strength. Her out of place blue eyes that met mine on more than one occasion only to look away when the tension crackled between us like electricity.

With my weight balanced on my forearms, I took my time to observe every contour of Lila's face.

 Metallic grey eyes ringed with black, smooth skin, a sharp but fitting nose and a small mole on her chin that I'd hardly noticed before. It was so faint and low on her chin that it'd be easy to miss but now that I'd spotted it, there'd be no forgetting.

Then my eyes fell on those lips.

Those darned lips that haunted my dreams and almost every waking moment. So close yet so out of reach. Full pink lips I wanted to have pressed against my own.

Problem was it wasn't physical attraction that intrigued me about Kitkat first. Since day one, I had her pegged as average in looks and yet right now, I couldn't get enough of her effervescent beauty.

"You're pretty." My mumble was lost in the silence and yet not as I dipped my head lower and lower, her arms snaking up my neck and leaving a fiery trail in their wake

This was consensual now, right? She was touching me voluntarily.

Lila's grey eyes twinkled and she licked her bottom lip. "And you're the ugliest person ever."

My lips hooked upwards. "Always so elegant, Kitkat."

"Always a nuisance, Looney Tunes." Her breath caught in her chest as she gulped audibly.

Her eyes flicked down to my lips and I felt myself growing hard. She was meant to be mine. Right now, again so close, I don't think I could let an opportunity to kiss slip away like all the other times.

Like my birthday.

I was drunk, yeah. I wanted it to be when I was sober but...

But I was too tempted.

And too drunk.

But not drunk enough to push.

Slowly and tentatively, I slipped my hand under oversized, loose tee and Lila sucked in a sharp breath. Her reaction at our skin touching gave me a much needed ego boost.

"Do you know how much I've been holding myself back?"

Lila's hand snaked higher and into my hair, running a hand through the depths of them and making me groan. "How much?"

We were whispering as if one hertz above that level of sound and the bubble would burst.

Because that was where we were: in a bubble.

"So much that I feel like I'm going to die if I don't kiss you." 

I rubbed languid circles on her abdomen, my thumb moving steadily and her beautiful breasts heaved with her uneven breaths.

"Fuck." When she didn't respond and I closed my eyes as if that'd get my hard-on to vanish, Lila's other hand trailed down my back and I could imagine her digging her nails into my skin as I brought her over pleasure's edge over and over.

"Can I please kiss you, Lila?"

My question made her still, eyes locked on mine and I steadily met her gaze with anticipation and restrain both running high. Her thigh pressed against mine and I swore internally. I'd die with blue-balls at this rate.

I never did slow and easy, it was always consented and rough and fast. But I couldn't do the same with Lila.

When she answered, I felt like my heart would burst out of my chest and snuggle itself into hers, right where it belonged. Because she hadn't stolen it. I'd willingly given her my heart.

"Yes." Barely a whisper on the wind, a shaky exhale but enough for me to catch. 

I didn't waste a single second before pressing my lips against hers and tasting heaven.

•♤•

(Lila's P.O.V)

Kissing Derek was unlike anything I'd felt before.

I'd had one boyfriend for like, two months and while this wasn't my first kiss....it certainly felt like it.

Was this how kisses were supposed to feel like?

Derek's lips moved against mine, slow and exploring and tentative until I made a soft sound and felt his grip on my waist tighten. Then Derek was wanton in leading the kiss and I let him. Going with his movements, liquid heat pooling in my stomach until my lungs felt like they couldn't get any oxygen.

Isn't this what Wattpad and romance novels always say?

Was it natural to melt when he touched me or to mold my body to his like puzzle pieces finally fitting together? 

The butterflies in my stomach soared and tingles spready throughout my body. It was an unfamiliar warmth that enveloped me and a foreign sense of want that washed over me.

When he softly nibbled on my bottom lip, I moaned.

"Fuck." He pulled away, his copper eyes looking almost pained as he stared down at me, his breathing as ragged as mine. "You feel like heaven."

His words were no less than deadly magic because I felt them sneak their way into my mind and I knew that for days to come, I'd play this encounter on repeat.

His hand under my shirt snaked upwards, making me writhe simply because it was him. The touch of his hands on my bare stomach felt detonating. My breath hitched and his eyes, half-lidded, roamed my face as if to catch every expression I made and commit it to memory.

"You taste so damn sweet. Like my personal brand of Kitkat." Deep voice and corny words that sent shivers down my spine, Derek's dimple popped up slightly as he smirked. Copper eyes turned whisky dark and the alcohol on him was something I could taste on my own lips.

His dark hair fell over his forehead, covering one eye and I got bolder, letting myself feel the powerful muscles of his back. And damn if they didn't feel good.

I knew the front would be as appealing as the back, toned muscles I'd only had short glimpses of but found myself salivating over, so unlike me.

Derek made me change.

He dipped again, slanting his lips over mine and this time there was no hesitation in taking from me what he wanted. Coaxing my lips open with his tongue, he slid in and I moaned, arching my back. Derek's answering groan sent my senses spiraling and I wanted to hear it more.

What was this unnatural behavior, Lila? 

My hands skated over until they pressed against Derek's chest, feeling his sculpted abs through the thin layer of clothing. 

"Derek..." 

My breathy moan of his name on my lips escaped me before I could get my thoughts under control, drunk on him and his expert lips. He responded with a groan that was pure male and drove me crazy. I clenched my thighs together.

We pulled away and took in lungfuls of air when he sucked on my bottom lip and I was sure they'd be swollen and looking bee-stung tomorrow morning. The scent that was all Derek Greyson filled my senses and under it lay the smell of alcohol that I managed to ignore shortly.

Our sounds of passion intermixed while his thumb rubbed the underside of my bra and I knew this couldn't go further.

Derek was drunk. 

He might not even remember this tomorrow morning. 

And him not remembering these kisses and heated glances made my heart clench painfully. That was what made up my mind to stop this but then—

"Fuck, Tatiana. Fuck." His eyes were closed as he murmured the words loud and clear, hovering over me.

My reaction was instantaneous and I froze. My chest seized in momentary panic as my muscles locked.

It felt like being doused in a bucket of ice cold water and I was rocked back to my senses.

What was I doing? What just happened?

And did he just say another girl– specifically, his ex and my tormentor's sister's name–during our makeout?

Fury filled me and the kernel of guilt that was raising its ugly head onside of me subsided.

I flipped our positions with one move, using my weight to propel us back to the original way we had been.

I was strong enough and Derek was drunk and lousy.

My stomach sank, an unsavory taste hitting the back of my mouth and a dark cloud of gloom skirting over me.

I straddled him, my eyes hazy from....tears?

I clenched my jaw, seeing as Derek groaned and his hands fell away from my body, his eyes closing as he murmured some gibberish I couldn't hear through the pounding in my ears.

I knew I was losing him to the alcohol but....

I clenched my fists as I got off him, ignoring the hardness poking into my thigh when I'd been seated atop him just moments ago. Tried getting my body to respond to me and not this asshole's simple words and deadly kisses and slow touches.

The heat in my cheeks was from anger not hurt and most definitely not arousal.

My nostrils flared as I stormed out of the room, glancing only once at him to see him moaning and twisting around, eyes shut and hands wandering.

Now what was I supposed to do? This kiss shouldn't have happened in the first place.

With a growl of frustration, I closed the door to the guest room behind me.

Whether today's makeout was his fault or mine- because it was a mistake - I couldn't tell you. But what I could tell you was......

Derek Greyson was so fucked.

•♤•

A/N

Okay.

There we go.

The kiss. FINALLY! AHHHH! What do you think???

And how the chapter ended? Dayum.
What do you guys think of this chapter?? Hope you enjoyed heheh, there's so much more to come and only about 10 chapters left so yeahhh.
I hope that the spice was just fine though!
How do you think Lila will react now? What will happen to their relationship? Any hope left for them?

Don't forget to vote and comment, highly appreciated! Thanks!

Till next time then!

~Skyler

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.1M 1.9M 47
#1 in Young Adult #9 in Badboy #1 in Cold #3 in Goodgirl #1 in Sweetheart #14 in Love *Currently available at Amazon!!!* He'd never met someone with...
97.2K 3.4K 91
*COMPLETED* "I want to wear this on that day, I kill my nemesis. I want to put it on to hide and shadow my face. I want to reveal the strong woman I...
16.2K 276 51
"This was just supposed to be summer fun. That was what we agreed on." I tried to talk to him as he was vigorously shaking his head, tearing his gaze...
1.9M 47.8K 43
You know them boys that ride the best cars, the hottest guys walking on earth, the players, the popular ones, the ones that are called 'bad boys'. We...