Our Secrets

By Skyalent

Batfam x Batsis Reader Harry Potter AU "You've got your secrets, I've got mine. The only difference is that... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Change
Chapter 2 - Gala
Chapter 3 - Fire in the Dark
Chapter 4 - Grief and Recovery
Chapter 5 - Slipping in Some Magic
Chapter 6 - The Days Before School
Chapter 7 - Different
Chapter 8 - Dragons
Chapter 9 - Filler Chapter
Chapter 10 - Let's Hang Out!
Chapter 11 - Y/n's Date
Chapter 12 - The Gala
Chapter 13 - December the 26th
Chapter 14 - Hidden Secrets
Special Chapter YAYYYYYYYYYY
Chapter 15 - Summer Flashbacks
Chapter 16 - Back at School
Chapter 17 - Inner Feelings
Chapter 18 - A Day in Hogwarts
Chapter 19 - Words Left Unsaid
Chapter 20 - Back In Time (Part 1)
Chapter 21 - The Third Task
Chapter 22 - Back in Time (Part 2)
Chapter 23 - Forever Asleep
Chapter 24 - Brooms
New Years Special!
Chapter 25 - Muggle Ice Slippers
Chapter 26 - A List of Questions
Chapter 27 -The Bucket List (Part 1)
Chapter 28 -The Bucket List (Part 2)
Chapter 29 -The Bucket List (Part 3)
Chapter 30 -The Bucket List (Part 4)
Chapter 31 - The Justice League
Chapter 32 - Without Her
Chapter 33 - Magic Mayhem
Chapter 34 - Defending and Training
Chapter 35 - Newt's Surprise
The Second Special Chapter!
Chapter 36 - Catching Up
Chapter 37 - Mischief Never Managed
Chapter 38 - Deadpool
Teenfic... Please Stop
I Know...
Chapter 39 - Princess in a Tower
Chapter 40 - Back in Time... Again??
Chapter 41 - Safe and Sound
Chapter 42 - Home Sweet Home
Chapter 43 - 'Twas The Night Before Heart Attack
Chapter 44 - Stupid. Loveable. Idiot
Chapter 45 - The Chaotic Holidays
Chapter 46 - Cold
Chapter 47 - Undertale
Chapter 48 - A Frizzy Day
Chapter 49 - The Dursley Investigation
Chapter 50 - Patronuses
Chapter 51 - Bacon and Meowson
Chapter 52 - When There's Trouble You Know Who To Call...
Chapter 53 - Alone

Original Chapter 23 - Forever Asleep

1K 30 0
By Skyalent

════════════════════════════════

The Original Chapter 23 — Forever Asleep

This was how this chapter used to be before I changed it completely. Some things changed, some things were added. I'll show you: 

PS I'm too lazy to center things right now, so this can be left like this to look like a rough draft

PSS The lines that are bolded are the original lines that were deleted and/or revised

This whole chapter does not relate to the story, it is now just a scenario that happened in an alternate universe. Yes.

════════════════════════════════

It was like everything was a blur after that moment. Nothing seemed real anymore. Harry couldn't even hear the murmuring and chatter going on around him. Once he was finished with Mad Eye- Barty Crouch Jr, talking with Dumbledore and Sirius, getting his prize money (that he did not feel right receiving) from Fudge. Harry shut down.

Not just Harry seemed to shut down, his friends were unusually quiet as well. Hermione was reduced to sobs almost every minute. Ginny would see this and try not to cry, but then she would start and the twins would console her, but they too were unable to keep the tears out of their eyes. Ron kept putting his hands into fists before relaxing them, his used to be always starving stomach now did not have the appetite to eat any of the food set in front of him. He wanted to throw up.

The final dinner did not seem right with the empty spaces at the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables, both reserved for one of their members that were supposed to be there, but weren't. Dumbledore stood up and gave one final speech. Voldemort has returned. Harry didn't react as some students let out gasps of surprise and terror.

"And for Cedric Diggory and Y/n L/n's conditions, St. Mungo's has determined that they have been placed in a non-harming magical coma however, they have not yet predicted whether they will wake up or not. Because of this predicament, they have been respectfully returned to their families, as they do not need any treatment or medical attention."

(Author Note: More dialogue was added and changed here in the revised chapter)

At the sound of their conditions, the people who knew them relaxed. They weren't dead as they had believed. Harry could only remember the two of them falling down to the ground, unresponsive, and he couldn't otherwise help but think they died.

(Author Note: I also completely forgot about Shroud and Draco for a moment, hense why they were mentioned briefly in the revised chapter-)

But their families, oh their families. Harry couldn't help but think about how their families felt. Cedric's parents did not want the prize money as Harry tried to give it to them so he gave it to the Weasley twins for their joke store. And Y/n's family.. Y/n's family were muggles, they didn't know she was a witch yet other than her father as far as Harry recalled from past conversations.

They must be worried about the type of school Y/n went to and if she woke up, they probably wouldn't let her return. No, it wouldn't be if, when she woke up. She just had to wake up. They both had to. Harry wouldn't be able to carry that guilt for that long without apologizing to them.

'Apologize for what?' Harry could hear Y/n's voice in the back of his mind, 'We were in it together and there was nothing you could have done. So stop blaming yourself!'

'But I could have done something. Anything.' Harry thought back to himself. He could hear her scoff, 'Yeah, and then we'd all be dead. Smart move pretty boy. You brought us back anyways Harry. You saved us. So keep your chin up and eyes open Potter, the world keeps spinning so you gotta run along with it.'

Finally at peace with himself, Harry entered the compartment where his friends sat, the train ride silent as no one could say anything with Y/n not being there.

══════════════

"H-How did this happen?"

You would think this was Damian speaking, or possibly Tim, Dick, or Jason, but it wasn't.

It was Bruce, watching as Dumbledore gently hovered his daughter down on her bed, tucking her in.

"An unexpected turn of events. She was at the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm sure you remember my past letters about dark wizards and witches." Dumbledore responded as recognition was clear in Bruce's eyes.

"Voldemort."

"Yes, I'm afraid he has returned."

It was silent as Dumbledore watched Bruce think. He wanted to do what was best and safe for his daughter. (More dialogue was added here in the revised)

"...Dad?"

The two quickly turned to the voice of Y/n, who's eyes were tiredly open and panicked. The two came to her side.

"Y/n, you're alright now, you're home." Bruce reassured her. And her eyes softened, "There's a small box under my bed that I wanted to give the boys," she said tiredly before closing her eyes again.

"Y/n?" But she didn't respond. Shaking her lightly and still gaining no response, she had gone back into her coma.

"Ah, I see.." Dumbledore mused to himself and Bruce turned to him for an explanation, "The Killing Curse, its name the literal meaning, was meant to kill both Cedric Diggory and your daughter, Y/n L/n, however, it seems the sibling-bond love that the two shared protected each other much more than I thought it would. Similar to how Harry's mother protected him with her love...

You are always free to mail me Mr. Wayne, and if you need anything as well. I am, once again, deeply sorry that we could not protect your daughter."

"... if this Voldemort really is like what you wrote about, then you can't be blamed for his actions... but thank you.."

Dumbledore nodded before apparating away. (Again, more dialogue in the revised)

Following his daughter's instructions, Bruce reached under her bed to find the box she was talking about. Opening it up were magical notebooks similar to Bruce's, each with a bat-brother's name on it. And each came with a letter, no doubt with an explanation and a guide. A little note came with it.

- To help explain the wonders of magic and the Wizarding World
- also explain magical notebook
- don't panic when explaining, but tbh i'm already panicking and i'm just writing down notes

Bruce chuckled lightly and gently ran his hand in Y/n's hair. "I guess I'll have to do it for you."

══════════════

"So Y/n's a.."

"Witch, yes."

"And she goes to a magical school to strengthen her skills."

"Yes."

"Which also explains how the medical stuff she's sent has healed us almost instantly."

"Yes."

"And an evil wizard named Vold- Voldmold did this to her."

"Voldemort, yes." (Small bit of dialogue added in the revised)

Bruce sat down each of his sons in Y/n's room, answering all their questions the best he could, and each had their notebook and letter in-hand, already opened and read. Their father did a wonderful job explaining this to them and the boys' thoughts on Y/n barely changed at all. (I made a new paragraph here.) She was still their sister. If anything, they just cared and loved her even more. They wanted her to wake up again. They wanted to hang out again. They wanted to get to know her more. Everything, no magic and magical her.

I deleted the rest because after that it all stayed the same. 

I hope you enjoyed seeing this editing process of what I had in mind. 

Originally Y/n was going to go back to school after her recovery, but now that I think about it a bit more realistically, she needs a lot more rest than a few months. 

I'm going to spare Y/n's encounter with Umbri- umbi- ahem... Umbish. Yup. Y/n won't have to meet her like she originally was going to and instead will be spending time with her wonderful family. 

In that alternate universe that Y/n would be attending school, meeting Umbish, yada yada, would be like:

-"What, do you think that Cedric and I were just left in a coma because we banged our heads too hard, or is your skull really that dense that you can't get the right information into your brain.. Professor.." 

- Sent to detention with blood quills after Harry 

- I will respect my superiors written on her arm 

- Too bad for Umbish, that magic cream she made for the batboys, well yeah, it works perfectly on her. Words are now gone! 

- "Hey Harry want some magic healing cream?" "No, I need it for plot- AHEM- No, I want to prove her wrong and use this as proof" "..okie then" 

- Will help Harry plan lessons for DA 

- Secret coded messages to batfam about what's happening at school

- Batfam super angry but cannot do anything about it

- Y/n becomes like a secret drug dealer giving out magic cream for people who got detention with Umbish 

- Y/n definetly rants to Snape about the whole situation as they make potions together 

- Snape secretly agrees with Y/n 

- Umbish notices healed arm and is like, wuz going on 

- More detentions 

- Y/n makes a cream that tricks the blood quill to use the cream instead of blood 
- Here's how it works:
-> Rub cream on writing hand and arm, the cream is the same colour of blood, but once rubbed it turns invisible
-> Then when you write with the quill, it will use the cream instead as it's supply of blood since it is similar to the formatting of blood and is on the surface of your skin
-> It will form the words you write on your skin, but it will not hurt, so you have to fake the pain
-> Once detention is done, return to your dorm and wash off the cream in your washroom 

- Y/n stole a blood pen to make that cream 

- Y/n also made washable pens to write on your skin so your detention looked convincing and you actually wrote something after you washed the cream off

- The twins helped her deliver her products to other houses secretly 

- Writes letters to Cedric who did not recover as fast as Y/n 

- Cedric supports the idea, hates Umbish

- I'm not even gonna explain what happens in the Battle of the Department of Mysteries

- Cuz then I might use it for future chapters, I'm not sure 

- I'm stopping Sirius's death, you can't stop me 

- This is an alternate universe anyways 

- It is rumored that Bellatrix used Stupefy to knock Sirius into the Veil, and the Veil killed him 

- Or brought him to the land of the dead because is is said to be the barrier between the lands of the living and dead 

- Y/n used Flipendo, the Knockback Jinx, to "knockback" Sirius away from the Veil, causing him to land on the side on the floor 

- Because of the angle, Harry thinks Sirius died and is mad with Bellatrix 

- Sirius can't even reassure him because he's knocked out from Stupefy 

- Eventually when Harry comes back from fighting Bellatrix and Voldemort, they realize Sirius is okay, leaning on Y/n for support 

- And because Y/n is an amazing student, she gathered evidence about Umbish's abuse towards students 

- but does not use it because she knows the Minister of Magic would not believe her 

- She does use it in the future however, simply because she came across it in her pile of notes she was cleaning up and decided to give Umbish a Christmas Present years later 

- Automatically fired, also sent to Azkaban because she actually did use Crucio on a student once in detention

- Y/n was lucky to catch and take a magical picture of that one 

- She also became the victim's unproffesional therapist and asked for permission to use the picture 

- Batfamily very proud of Y/n

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 800 18
Going through her Puberty, Y/n faces more problems than a normal teenager and Her being in The Universe of Harry Potter didn't make it better. She ke...
4.7K 160 21
*MENTIONS OF R*PE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED* Echo Zabini wasn't your average 16 year old girl living in London, England with her older brother and wi...
251 4 11
Magic is different for everyone. Some can cast spells without using words or even need a wand, but there are a few who can do both. And no one can co...
2.6K 140 34
Dear Hermione, Ron and well everyone, Someone once told me that the universe was larger and more unexpected than we could ever imagine. Until now, I...