𝑆𝐼𝐿𝑉𝐸𝑅 𝑊𝐼𝑆𝑇𝐸𝑅𝐼𝐴...

By yellelovestoread

━━━━ 𝑪𝑶𝑵𝑼𝑵𝑫𝑹𝑼𝑴 was deeply tangled in her vines. However, the... More

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒
𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐀
━━ICHI
━━NI
━━SAN
━━YON
━━GO
━━ROKU
━━NANA
━━HACHI
━━KYŪ
━━JŪ
━━JŪICHI
━━JŪNI
━━JŪSAN
━━JŪSHI
━━JŪGO
━━JŪROKU
━━JŪSHICHI
━━JŪHACHI
━━JŪKU
━━NIJŪ
━━NIJŪICHI
━━NIJŪNI
━━NIJŪSAN
━━NIJŪSHI
━━NIJŪGO
━━NIJŪROKU
━━NIJŪNANA
━━NIJŪHACHI
━━NIJŪKU
━━SANJŪ
━━SANJŪICHI
━━SANJŪNI
━━SANJŪSAN
━━SANJŪSHI
━━SANJŪGO
━━SANJŪNANA
━━SANJŪHACHI
━━SANJŪKU
━━YONJŪ
━━YONJŪICHI
━━YONJŪNI

━━SANJŪROKU

982 60 13
By yellelovestoread

THE TWO WERE BOUND WITH A RED STRING. This was the portraiture of soulmates. It signified the quintessence of destiny. No circumstance could separate their fate. No matter the time and the space in between.

Nao and Sugawara were tied with the red cord—the string of fate—binding the two together. In a way, this made them as fated lovers.

The minister who was in charge of enjoining the patrons of the marriage booth was the one who presided over these words. The Karasuno vice-captain and the younger Fuji were the cynosure of the pretend wedding that was taking place.

Meanwhile, the other Karasuno players served as the reluctant and opposing witnesses of the said occasion. 

"B-but Nao-senpai can't get married yet—!" The vibrant-haired player pointed at the two of them. "No! This can't be! She's supposed to marry m—"

The officiates who were the masterminds of their wedding hurriedly contained the frantic Hinata. The decoy tried to dodge them, but he was then caught from their imprisoning grasp.

The fake minister released a sigh. It was a first time that a wedding from their marriage booth was this strongly opposed.

"Who else would dare contradict the union between Fuji Nao and—uh..." He then gestured to the grey-haired setter. "—your name good sir?"

"S-Sugawara Kōshi."

Suga replied while stammering. Truth be told, he was still in disbelief. Nao was in front of him. They were tied together with a red knot. And they were to be married. He knew that it was not official in any sense, however this did not stop him from getting the idea of marrying her past through his head.

"Alright—Sugawara Kōshi." The minister repeated his name, then looking pointedly at the witnesses. "Is there anyone else who is against their union?"

His remaining teammates fidgeted at the minister's gaze, all of them dipped their heads to the ground—avoiding his piercing expression. "I see all of you very clearly." He tauntingly continued, nudging them. "Speak now or forever hold your peace."

The fake minister's statement somehow struck a chord. They then looked up. It was obvious that they wanted to say something, but they could not seem to utter a single word—

"I am against the wedding."

Nao whipped her gaze, looking at the person who muttered those opposing remarks. Surprisingly, it was none other than the aloof, prodigious setter.

Kageyama Tobio.

He peered through the minister with determined dark-blue pools. The latter then gave him a challenging grin.

"State your reason, young man!"

Kageyama clenched his fist. Looking at the officiant then to Nao. His navy eyes fixated on her.

"I am in love with the bride."

Tanaka was strolling through the festival. He already surfeited his appetite with the street snacks from the food stall. He was now caressing his full stomach, releasing a satisfied burp. His fellow teammates were walking with him, searching for the other Karasuno members as well as Nao.

"Whew—the octopus skewer sure was delicious. I'd like to have more soon!"

The wing spiker exclaimed, stretching his upper limbs. A satisfying crack resounded afterwards as he extended both of his arms.

"It also sure was expensive!" Nishinoya sulkily shouted, looking through his almost empty wallet. He cursed Tanaka for making that stupid bet.

His friend grinned in return. "Better luck next time then."

The libero was about to make a retort when he saw a gathering of a crowd. The volleyball players who were with him noticed it too.

"What is it?"

Yamaguchi asked the person beside him, trying to make himself taller by tiptoing.

Asahi attempted to look through the sea of people, but there were too many of them. He can only make out an old m—wait it was an individual who was wearing a fake beard and was dressed as a shaman.

He appeared to be arguing with a person from the crowd. Although, the ace was not sure what it was about.

"Oh I see." The shaman caressed his beard in a thoughtful way. "And what is your name?"

He gestured to someone, waiting for that person's reply. Asahi saw two other people near him. Both were tied with an interconnected cord around their wrists.

The ace wanted to see their identities, however another tall person was blocking his view.

"Let's get out of here." Ennoshita told them, his arms tucked on his chest. He wanted to find the other members of the team right away. The sooner they did, the better.

The players had almost followed his instruction until they had heard a gruff voice—his cadence seemingly familiar.

"Kageyama Tobio."

The priest flashed a toothy smile, snorting afterwards. "Kageyama, did I hear you right? You want to stop this wedding ceremony because you have romantic attachments to the bride?" He clarified, touching the tresses of his fake beard. "That goes by the name of Fuji Nao?"

The newcomers were shocked, eyes wide as saucers. Bewilderment had marred their respective features. They were just gone for not that long and now there was going to be a wedding that they were not aware of? If Kageyama was against the wedding, then who was the groom beside Nao?

Squinting his eyes, the ace saw a head full of argentine threads. That hair color only belonged to their vice-captain.

"Yes." Came Kageyama's response. "Because of that, I will never consent to their wedding."

The minister motioned his head in understanding. He then looked at the bride—Nao. No one could solve this dilemma better than her.

"What will you say, Fuji Nao?"

Her face was painted in flattered surprise from the unexpected turn of events. She then looked at Kageyama. Nao was not sure if what he had said was the truth.

However, knowing him—he was never one to lie. This consequently caused her heart to skip. He was only known for his short and precise statements. If he wanted to air his ideas—he would express his thoughts without filter and constraint.

And now that he was here—speaking up. It meant that he was indeed genuine with his words. Even so, the Fuji would like to talk to him afterwards, just to be certain. There was still this feeling of reservation clawing onto her.

Taking a quick glance at the two setters, she had somehow reached a verdict.

"I am—"

Nao then felt someone's hand on her. She returned her attention back to Sugawara.

"Please..." He began to say. "Please don't, Nao."

The vice-captain beseeched, giving her a small smile. Nao saw him reach for her face. He was gently caressing it, looking at her in an earnest manner.

"B-because..." Sugawara was a little bit timid. Tone was low and quiet as his cheeks were now dusting red.

"Because—I am also in love with you."

▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░

═════════════
━━ ❝I am also in love
with you.
═════════════

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.3K 1.7K 56
Tsukki falls for his chaotic Black friend. That's it. Okay real summary: Kanai Athena came to Japan when she was in middle school. After transferring...
6.8K 226 35
❤WHO IS READY FOR ANOTHER HAIKYUU STORY!!! THIS IS MY FIRST STORY I EVER MADE SO HOPE YA LIKE IT❤
1.3K 42 19
○○○○○○○○○○●●○○○○○○○○○○ ᴅᴇꜱᴄʀɪᴘᴛɪᴏɴ: After your parents have to leave on a year long business trip you end up living with your cousin Satori; you enro...
36.3K 320 8
ンリ゙゚ Haikyuu x reader 〃 "𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 �...