Helena Pevensie (Caspian Love...

Oleh belle_kafer

Helena Pevensie never knew Narnia. While her brothers and sisters were ruling as kings and queens, she was in... Lebih Banyak

A/N - Please read!!!
Book One - The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Prologue
1. Saying Goodbye
2. Cambridge
3. Water Consumed Them
4. Watery Depths
5. King Caspian
6. Land
7. Mortal or Immortal, That is the Question
8. The Lone Islands
9. Uneasy Sleep
10. Broken Chains
11. Into the Night
12. Back for Good
13. A Chilling Misstep
14. Bodies of Another Tiger
15. Riddles and Metaphors
16. Have Heart
17. Stitches
18. Terrors of the Night
19. Foreboding
20. Gold Water Island
22. The Blue Star
23. Calm
A/N
24. The Hand of the Enemy
25. Tails of Green Smoke
26. Serpents
27. Aslan's Country
Epilogue
Book Two - The Silver Chair
1. England Again
2. Holidays
3. Experiment House
4. The First Day
5. Solace
6. The Door
7. The Cliff
8. The First Sign
9. Cair Paravel
10. A Parlament of Owls
11. The Marsh-Wiggle
12. The Beginning
13. Words Better Left Unsaid
14. Harfang
15. The Gentle Giants
16. Underneath the Ancient City
17. The Underworld
18. The Black Knight's Tale
19. The Frenzy
20. The Queen of the Underland
21. Witches and Their Enchantments
22. The Fall of the Underland
23. King Caspian
Epilogue
Book Three - The Last Battle
1. The Friends of Narnia
2. The Rings

21. Goodnight My Someone

2.2K 58 1
Oleh belle_kafer

"What food did you find?" Caspian asked as the four approached.

"It's volcanic, Your Majesty," Rhince replied. "Not much grows."

Looking around, Lucy asked, "Where's Eustace?"

"I believe he's out not helping us load the boat," Reep replied bitterly.

Turning back toward the island, Lucy called, "Eustace! Eustace!" The only answer was a hiss of steam. "Edmund, I've got a bad feeling."

Irritably, Edmund said, "I'll go find him."

"I'll come with you," Caspian offered.

Stepping forward, Rhince asked, "Would your Majesties like to come back with us to the boat?"

"Yes, thank you," Lucy said.

"I'll stay here," Helena offered. "And wait for the boys." Rhince nodded respectfully and soon the boat was off. Helena was pacing nervously waiting for the others but just as she had calmed herself into thinking there was nothing to worry about, a roar belted across the island. Instantly, Helena drew her sword, turning toward the sound and lowering into a position to fight.

Then, as she was waiting to see what had made the noise, another noise reached her. It was a harsh, rhythmic beating. Drawing in a deep breath to calm her nerves, she tightened her grip on her sword. Then, the unthinkable appeared. Before she thought better of it, Helena let out a cry. Something with huge wings and a long, spiked tail appeared, all covered in scales. A dragon. Before she could think of any kind of attack, the dragon had gone out and over the water towards the boat.

"No!" she screamed. Turning toward the island, she shrieked, "CASPIAN! EDMUND!" She watched in horror as the dragon landed on the topsail. After staying there for a time, it began flying back toward her. She drew in a deep breath, forced down the fear in her chest, and made herself ready. Just as it began to fly above her, she sprinted toward one of the raised rocks. Upon reaching it, she jumped as high as the rock would allow with her momentum and found herself soaring toward the large creature. Just before she could drive her sword into it, it spun around, knocking her back with its huge paw. Helena cried out before feeling pain numb her back. She couldn't breathe.

Slowly, she began to get her breath back, but before she could get up, the dragon flew past again. "Helena!" Edmund shouted.

"Ed?" she whispered, sitting up with a groan. Spotting him in the dragon's clutches, she shouted weakly, "Ed!" From behind her, Caspian sprinted forward, watching in horror as the dragon sped towards them again but instead this time it flew far to the left of them, out of their range. Helena coughed weakly, reaching for her sword again as she got to her feet with a wince.

"Are you all right?" Caspian asked, still staring after the dragon tensely.

"Fine," Helena groaned. "We need to go after them."

"Helena, you're in not state," he replied. "And anyway, we're not enough to fight off a dragon."

Rounding on him, Helena snapped, "I will not just stand by and watch my baby brother die. Dragon or not."

"If the dragon wants him dead, he is already," Caspian said shakily.

"Well I'm going after him. Are you coming or not?" Helena snapped. He signed, glancing at her before giving a resigned nod. Ignoring her soreness, Helena headed farther into the island, aiming for where she assumed the dragon had headed. Suddenly Caspian motioned for her to stop. Before she could ask why, she suddenly heard it. Footsteps were coming towards them. No human steps were that loud.

From over the hill, the dragon appeared, walking towards them. And walking beside him, calm as the night, Edmund. Helena and Caspian shared confused looks before Edmund spotted them and broke into a run. "It's okay," he said. "The dragon is Eustace." Helena's eyes widened.

"What?" she snapped. "How?"

Glancing at Caspian, he said, "It must have been the treasure."

"I'll call some of the men back over from the boat," he said, turning back toward the shore.

Letting out a relieved breath, Helena embraced her brother, chiding, "Don't scare me like that."

"Tell that to Eustace," he replied. The dragon rolled his eyes, beginning to walk past them and 'accidentally' hitting Edmund with his tail.

Soon, Drinian, Rhince, Gael, Lucy, and Reepicheep had joined them and began discussing what to do. "He must have been tempted by the treasure," Edmund said.

"Well, anyone knows a dragon's treasure is enchanted," Caspian said.

"Anyone from here maybe," Helena said dismissively. Cautiously, Lucy went forward and began working at the bracelet caught around Eustace's arm.

"Is there any way to change him back?" Edmund asked.

"Not that I know of," Caspian replied.

"Drinian?" Helena said, looking to him to see if he knew.

"I'm sorry, Your Majesty," he replied.

"Aunt Alberta will not be pleased," Edmund said. Before she could stop it, a surprised laugh left Helena's lips.

At a glare from the dragon, she said, "Sorry."

"Sorry about the hand, old boy," Reep said. "I can be a little overzealous at times."

"We can't leave him alone," Lucy said.

"We can't take him on the boat either," Helena said.

Handing over the other sword they had found, Caspian ordered, "Drinian, you and the others take one boat back. The rest of us will stay until morning and work out what to do."

"But you've no provisions," Rhince replied. "And no means of staying warm, Your Majesty." As if just to prove him wrong, Eustace quickly spotted a bundle of sticks and blew a small stream of fire towards it.

"I believe dragon fire will do just as well," Helena said. "And there's plenty of dry wood here." Turning to the dragon, she asked, "Eustace, is there any wildlife here at all?" Getting up, he took off to search while the men got in the first boat and the boys began building up the fire. Lucy and Helena added what wood they could find and were just beginning a pile to keep it going as Eustace came back, a cluster of birds in his claws.

"Better than nothing," Edmund said, taking them from him. Soon they each had a small portion of cooked bird and were sitting around the fire talking happily. Many stories of the old times were told and Helena couldn't help but laugh at the tales they all had to tell about Old Narnia, Aslan, and Peter.

"I wish we could stay here forever," Helena said wistfully, staring into the fire.

"Me too," Lucy said.

Looking up, Edmund said, "I've never seen these constellations before."

"Me neither," Caspian replied. "We're a long way from home. When I was a boy I used to imagine sailing to the end of the world, finding my father there."

"Maybe you will," Edmund replied. After a moment's silence, he got up and lay down to sleep.

Taking Edmund's vacated spot, Helena asked, "Do you remember your father much?"

"No," Caspian admitted. "I was a young boy when he was murdered."

"What about your mother?"

"Died in childbirth," he said sadly.

"I'm sorry," Helena whispered, taking his hand in hers.

"Unfortunately, my aunt and uncle were the closest things to parents I ever had," he said. "What about your parents? What are they like?"

With a fond smile, Helena explained, "Well, my father is a professor. He teaches mathematics. He's incredibly clever. And brave. He fought in in the second world war."

"There were two world wars?" Caspian said in surprise. Helena nodded.

"The second one isn't over yet," she said. "But Father was allowed to come home to go back to teaching. He's teaching in America now."

"What's America?"

"Another country," Helena explained with a shrug. "My mother is incredibly kind. She's the one who encouraged me to pursue ballet. I was named after her actually. Her name is Helen. My father insisted on the name."

"Well, it is a beautiful name," Caspian said. Helena was suddenly very glad the fire gave her a warm glow already so as to hide the blush that spread over her cheeks. "Helena-" he began cautiously.

"Yes?" she replied, looking at him curiously.

"I'm glad you came here," he said. "To Narnia, I mean."

"Me too," Helena replied. "Well, goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

201K 4.8K 19
Jessica has never really fit into her family. Her brother Eustace, has always been the focus in the family. Her father and mother don't really like h...
78.8K 1.5K 30
π‘Œπ‘œπ‘’ π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’ 𝑗𝑒𝑠𝑑 π‘‘π‘œπ‘œ 𝑐𝑒𝑑𝑒 π‘€β„Žπ‘’π‘› π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ π‘Žπ‘π‘œπ‘™π‘œπ‘”π‘–π‘§π‘’... π‘Šπ‘Žπ‘–π‘‘ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ π‘—π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘˜ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘€π‘Žπ‘ π‘›'𝑑 𝑓𝑒𝑛𝑛𝑦! It has been eigh...
123K 4.5K 21
𝐓𝐇𝐄 π…πˆπ‘π„π’πŽππ† π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’ - 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 π“π–πŽ ❝ "You have always been my King, Peter. Always." ❞ ~ in which nimueh is dragged back to the pl...
205K 4.3K 31
πΆπ‘œπ‘šπ‘’ β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘‘π‘œ π‘”π‘™π‘œπ‘Žπ‘‘ β„Žπ‘Žπ‘£π‘’ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’? πΆπ‘œπ‘šπ‘’ π‘œπ‘› 𝐼'π‘š π‘›π‘œπ‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘π‘Žπ‘‘, π‘Žπ‘š 𝐼? Katherine Edwards has lived next door to the Pev...