Forever Friends II: Finding F...

By beekate1

Life has been wonderful since you and Bucky were married. Carol has grown into quite the young woman and is g... More

Chapter 1: Till the End of the Line
Chapter 2: Barely Breathing
Chapter 3: Leaving Home
Chapter 4: LOKI'D
Chapter 5: Homecoming
Chapter 6: Dark Elves
Chapter 7: Protectress
Chapter 8: Crashing the Ball
Chapter 10: Frost Giant
Chapter 11: Lohk Returns
Chapter 12: Odin's Blessing
Chapter 13: Home Sweet Compound
Chapter 14: Loki's Problem
Chapter 15: Take Him Back
Chapter 16: One Big Family
Chapter 17: Mrs. Mischief
Chapter 18: Finding Forever

Chapter 9: Loki's Quest

9 2 1
By beekate1

"Is what he says true, Lady Y/N?" Odin glares at you, "Have you already chosen Loki as your companion?" His face twists in anger and what seems to be disgust.

You can not stop yourself from reciprocating his look of disgust, "It is true, All-Father." You hide your hands behind your back as they glow. You glare back at Odin, unflinching, "Is that a problem?"

Thor attempts miserably to hide a smile at your defiance. Jane elbows him seriously. Loki is still kneeling with his eyes glued to the floor. Your heart is pounding in your ears from rage at Odin disparaging Loki. You grit your teeth awaiting his answer. Frigga appears to be holding her breath, not daring to interject.

Odin stands and walks down the throne stairs to you, ignoring Loki. He stops two stairs above you, "I will not allow Loki to be the companion of Asgard's Protectress. If you are insistent with this decision, I will be forced to strip you of the title which you have held less than a day." His gaze is unrelenting as he takes another step towards you.

You step toward him, bringing you so close, you can feel his hot breath on your face, "Keep. Your. Title. I REFUSE it without Loki."

You glare back at Odin before seeing Loki look up at you, ready to stop you. You hold your hand up, silencing him gently, never taking your eyes off of Odin, "No, Loki. This is between Odin and myself. I made my choice years ago and I will honor that decision."

This unnerves Odin, causing you to smile as he steps back, "You would give up a godship for Loki Laufeyson?"

You smile, confident, "All-Father, I was fine before the title and I will be fine without it." You stop and stare at him, "I've lost the loves of my life and suffered heart break multiple times. And with all due respect, I'll be damned if something so small as a godship or a title cost me this one."

Odin growls as he turns and throws his hands up, "Take her to her chambers."

You feel the grip of the guards hands on your arms. Loki and Thor reach out to interject but Frigga stops them.

You yank out of their grasps, looking at Odin's back, "I am fully capable of going myself. I suggest you tell your guards to keep their hands off of me."

Odin turns back to address your insubordination but you have already turned your back and are storming from the throne room, your long white gown flowing behind you.

You slam the door to your room and pace the floor, your face burning. A short time later, Loki teleports into your room, "My love, I don't have a lot of time." Loki runs to you, taking your hands in his own, his face riddled with panic and fear, "Odin is furious at your decision and defiance of his wishes to choose another suitor. He has contemplated having you sent back to Midgard but Mother reminded him of the people's love for you. There would be an uprising and he knows it." Loki squeezes your hands gently, "Y/N, this is serious. I have never seen him so angry. I have no way of knowing what he will do." He smiles softly, cupping your cheek, shaking his head, "I knew you loved me, but to give up what you have. To speak to Odin in the way you did..."

You lean up on your tiptoes and plant a soft kiss on his lips. "Oh, my Lohk," you sigh exasperated, "it was high time someone stood up to him."

Loki laughs softly, pulling you into him, "Were you always this much trouble with Rogers and Barnes?"

You grin softly, shaking your head, "They would probably tell you yes, but I don't recall being that bad." You laugh, "Although, I was probably much worse."

Loki laughs and picks you up, kissing you gently before laying you on the bed, "Oh Pet, I fear this may be our last night together for a while. Shall we make the most of it?"

The fire burning in his eyes sets your heart on fire as his kisses trail down to the bare tops of your breasts above your dress. You can do nothing but nod in agreement as the lightest touch from his lips ignites the passion building in your body. His hands slowly untie the back of your dress as his teeth graze your neck. You lean your head back giving him ample room to roam and kiss your skin. You quickly set to work, pulling off his suit jacket and unbuttoning his shirt. Your body is craving his- needing to feel him pulsing against you.

After removing every stitch of clothing, Loki's lips trail their way over your legs- "Beautiful," he whispers. Up your thighs- "Gorgeous," he growls. He places small, sensual kisses over your mound- "Devine." You can feel his manhood sliding against your leg as he works his way up. His kisses trail over your abdomen- "Wonderful," he continues traveling up your body. He kisses each of your breasts- "Perfect." He finally lands on your lips, kissing deeply, hungrily- "Mine," he groans softly as you feel his body join into yours. You can not contain the moan that he elicits from your lips. This only encourages him as he takes you over and over again.

After several hours, you are laying in one another's embrace- your heart full. You smile and kiss him gently, "Lohk, what will we do if Odin refuses our courtship?"

Loki smiles at you, furrowing his brow only slightly, kissing your hand and wrist, "I do not know, my love. But whatever it is, we will do it together." He smiles and kisses your forehead as you curl yourself against him.

There is a quick wrap on your door, "Lady Y/N?" A guard asks. "Odin demands your presence. I am to fetch Prince Loki as well."

You look at Loki who quickly teleports to his room before you stand and dress quickly. "I'm coming. I will be there shortly."

When you exit your room, there are two guards that tail you as you walk to the throne room. The doors are already open. Loki is approaching from the opposite side. You give him a slight smile as you both take each other's hands and approach Odin. Frigga has taken her normal station on the left side of Odin while Thor, alone, stands to his right. You and Loki walk to the base of the throne. Loki, who is usually so proud and bold, is now silent and somehow seems smaller and timid. He does his best to persuade you otherwise but the bond between the two of you is growing stronger the longer you are together,

You look up at Odin whose face is as stone-like as ever, "You call..."

"You will remain silent, Y/N Barnes," Odin barks, causing you to stop mid-sentence. You do not want to anger him anymore than necessary given the fragility of your and Loki's relationship. "I'm trusting that Loki has told you of his heritage? The danger that his true lineage possesses?" Odin smiles seeing your look of bewilderment. "No? I simply concurred that since you had chosen one another, all would be known."

His condescending tone is setting your teeth on edge. You glance over at Loki who is now looking everywhere but your eyes.

"Father, this is not the time or the place," Thor finally speaks, breaking the silence that has fallen over the room.

"Quite right, Lady Y/N should see for herself what her chosen companion really is," Odin stands and walks down the stairs to Loki. "Loki Laufeyson of Jotunheim, I am, this day, sending you on a quest to return the Tesseract to its rightful place- here- on Asgard."

Thor and Frigga both look at Odin in shock. "Father, plea..." Thor tries to interject before Odin silences him.

"All-Father, I believe I may be of assistance. Please allow me to go with Loki," you ask, your eyes begging Loki for some explanation.

"No Lady Y/N. You must stay here. Although you may no longer hold the title of Protectress, the people of this realm still need and rely on you." He smiles back at you, but something in the way his lips curl, turns your stomach, "I will not, however, send your beloved alone. Thor may accompany him. He must, however, be responsible for carrying and placing the tesseract in the vault."

You are searching the faces of everyone present for some sort of understanding as you are utterly frustrated and confused.

Thor walks down and stands beside Loki. "My sons," Odin continues, "with the attack of the Dark Elves, I believe the safest place for the Tesseract to be is here, in its home. Return it and we may speak of the courtship between Loki and Lady Barnes."

The emphasis he places on your last name unnerves you, which is what your suspect is precisely what Odin wanted.

"You leave at daybreak," he says, motioning you away. You look up and see tears in Frigga's eyes.

Odin releases the three of you to go prepare for the morning's departure. You are growing tired of being kept in the dark. You storm back to your room and slam the door. You wait for hours for Loki to appear but you stay undisturbed. You finally try to get some sleep. You dream of Loki and Thor arguing deep into the night about something called a "Frost Giant."

You awake in the morning to a hard knock on your door. "Y/N, it's Thor. May I come in?"

Your heart aches as you suspect Loki will not be visiting today. "Come in, Thor," you sigh, pulling yourself up in bed, trying to force a smile.

Thor sits on the edge of your bed, his eyes tired, "I..." He stops, searching for words, "I do not agree with what my father is doing to Loki. I wanted to warn you because Loki is too ashamed that he has not told you already. When we arrive back with the Tesseract, Loki may appear," he pauses, "different."

"Thor, what do you mean? Please tell me. I can't take any more of the secrecy," you plead.

Thor simply shakes his head, "Y/N Barnes, this is not my secret to tell. But I can tell you, my brother loves you dearly. I have seen such a change in him since the day you appeared. For years, he caused much trouble in his quest for power and the throne. However, his desire and need for such have all given way to his desire and need for you and your protection." Thor smiles and takes your hand, "The Loki I grew up with would have simply killed James to have you. But your happiness changed him. Don't give up on him, please." Thor hugs you gently before walking to the door, "He needs you Y/N. He'll need you more than ever when we return."

You sit in silence for a few moments before standing and dressing. You make your way to the palace entrance and stand, waiting for Loki and Thor to join you.

Frigga takes her place beside you, "Child, you know it will be weeks or months before they return. Are you planning to stand here that long?"

Your eyes grow wide as you look back at her, "They're gone? I thought we would be going to Heimdal together?"

You close your eyes with a grunt of frustration and teleport to the BiFrost Room. Heimdal glances away from you as you watch Thor and Loki disappear before your eyes at the very moment you arrive. You catch a brief glimpse of fear in Loki's eyes as he looks at you before being drawn into the BiFrost.

Tears swell in your eyes as you teleport back to your room. Jane is already there, waiting for you. You can't stop yourself as you run into her arms.

You feel your body shake and glow with anger and frustration, "Jane, if anything happens to Loki, I'll kill Odin myself." Janes nods her head, understanding your seriousness.

The next few days, you try to focus on Loki's thoughts and see a few images from his eyes. You smile noticing Tony, Nat, Pepper, Wanda, Steve, Bruce, and Vision. He explains what has happened and, with Thor's help, convinces them to help. You do your best to stay busy around the kingdom, helping the people. The old woman that was there the day Loki caused the flour incident watches you carefully, almost protectively. She has been very kind to you and asks about Loki often.

Odin has given you strict instructions that no one outside the palace is to know about the mission to obtain the Tesseract. Jane and Frigga are the only real contacts you have while Loki is gone. Frigga comes to your room and works with you to strengthen the connection between you and Loki. She helps you with your powers as well. Jane comes in and is a welcome distraction with games and different activities since Odin has ordered you to remain in your chambers when you are not in the city with the people.

You are able to use your connection to see as the team gets closer to obtaining the Tesseract from S.H.I.E.L.D. You see them fighting through S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. You see as Loki looks at Thor before the door housing the Tesseract opens. Loki closes his eyes after seeing it and it feels like your head has been split in half as he shoves you out. You know that he has realized your connection and must have severed it.

Your head aches from trying to reach him over the next few days. Why did he push me out? What doesn't he want me to see? You remember what Thor said to you before they left about him being different when they return. What if he doesn't need or want me anymore? What if the tesseract changes who he is? You force those thoughts from your mind and try to prepare yourself for their arrival.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 47 28
~Book Two in the Ms. America Series~ Rose had been lost. Since coming off the ice, her mind became a confusing place to be. With the help of her frie...
302K 10.9K 29
This whole soulmate thing was stupid for (y/n), she didn't have much hope for love in her life. But that all changes as a certain "reindeer drag quee...
80.8K 1.4K 44
From the time she can remember she was trained, beaten, and worked to the breaking point. But when an unknown group saves her and the winter soldier...
39.1K 1.4K 36
Bucky hasn't been able to make many of his own choices. Now he has to make the ultimate choice. The woman who saved him or the man who captured his h...