Burn: The Walking Dead Clemen...

By Slogus

How could fire be such a creator of life yet a destroyer? We breathe oxygen, drink water, and live on an eart... More

Prologue: Storytime
Chapter 2: All That Remains (PT. 2)
Chapter 3: Not. A. Bite.
Chapter 4: Still. Not. Bitten.
Chapter 5: Our Friend Lee
Chapter 6: The Riverbank
Chapter 7: William Carver
Chapter 8: It's Really Him
Chapter 9: A House Divided
Chapter 10: I Know What You're Scared Of

Chapter 1: All That Remains (S2)

1.1K 65 4
By Slogus

SEASON TWO

Your limbs ached as your body screamed for rest. You were insanely fatigued, hungry, and dirty.

It's been a few years since the start of the outbreak, you've had terrible memories... More specifically, the same memory that's been haunting you since you were nine years old.

"Y/N..."

The past is the past. You can't change it, no matter what.

Besides, what could a now, barely eleven-year-old child do about it?

"Y/N...!"

Y/N: "Huh-?!" You quickly respond, being pulled from your trance.

Christa: "Aww... It's happening again, isn't it?"

You slowly nod.

Then, you feel a small yet warm hand comfortably grip your shoulder blade.

You slightly turn your head to see Clementine.

Clementine: "Y/N, it's okay, it wasn't your fault."

You simply look to the ground, knowing that's not true.

Omid: "Guys... Don't you think Y/N is tired of hearing the same thing? I mean, we all know-"

Christa: "Be quiet."

Now, there's an awkward silence among you four.

Christa: "Anyways Y/N, I was just going to ask if we should name the baby Omid. I don't think we should." Christa explains as she rubs her pregnant stomach.

Y/N: "I think Omid is a good name."

Clementine: "What if it's a girl?"

Omid: "Then we call her Christa."

Christa: "But I'm Christa. I don't want to call her Christa. That's just confusing."

Omid: "So name her Genevieve, I don't care!

Christa: "How can you not care?!"

You and Clementine look at each other and then chuckle.

The four of you eventually stumble upon a gas station that reads, "Gil's Pitstop."

Christa: "Ugh, finally!" Christa scurries off to a bathroom inside the pitstop.

Omid: "Why don't you two uh... Get cleaned up in the girl's room."

You raise an eyebrow. "But... It's the girls' bathroom."

Omid deadpans at you. "Y/N, with the state the world is in right now, I doubt any liberals will care. Just go keep an eye on her, Christa and I will be right next door."

Clementine grabs your arm and brings you to the bathroom. "I hope the sink works." She states as she quite literally drags you the whole way.

After the two of you search the whole bathroom to make sure it was empty, you and Clementine inspect yourselves in a mirror as you both notice that your faces are smudged with all kinds of dirt.

Y/N: "Ugh..."

You and Clementine set your bags on the counter.

Clementine: "Here, Y/N, hand me your gun."

You hand Clementine your gun as she places it adjacent to hers on the countertop.

You sift through your belongings. "I don't have a rag... Or water."

Clementine nods as she pulls a rag and water bottle out of her bag. "It's okay, we can share."

Clementine then pours a bit of her water onto her rag. "C'mere." You inch closer to her as she wipes your face with the rag. "Much better." She says as she then wipes her face, prompting you two to look in the mirror and notice that your faces were much brighter because there was no longer any visible dirt.

Y/N: "Thanks, Clem."

Clementine nods as she shifts her body to return her items, but in doing so she knocks over her water bottle, causing it to roll under a stall.

Clementine: "Oh, shoot!"

Y/N: "Don't worry, I got it."

You hastily stroll to the stall into which the bottle rolled under, as you cover your nose due to the smell.

Y/N: "Ew..."

Suddenly, you hear the bathroom door creak, followed by a quick squeal by Clementine, who hastily runs into the stall with you.

???: "I hear you..." A female voice announces.

You and Clementine quickly stand on top of the toilet in the stall so your feet cannot be seen.

Clementine raises a finger to her lips, signaling you to stay quiet.

The intruders' footsteps slowly move towards the stall, then stop.

You peer through the crack of the non-fully closed stall door and lock eyes with the intruder.

Female Intruder: "I see you!" The woman opens the stall door, to reveal one of your guns being pointed at you, while the other one resided in the woman's pants.

You and Clementine instantly put your hands up.

Female Intruder: "Come outta there slowly."

You and Clementine follow the woman's orders.

Clementine: "...Who are you?"

Female Intruder: "None of your business." The woman simply responds as she begins to sift through you and Clementine's backpacks.

Clementine: "T-Those are our guns!"

Female Intruder: "They're mine now."

You gulp.

Female Intruder: "Anything else y'all got on you?"

Y/N: "No... Nothing at all!"

Female Intruder: "Don't lie to me. I'll pop you! Give me what you got! I'm not screwing around!"

Clementine: "Please stop... We don't have anything else!"

The intruder looks the two of you up and down, then smirks.

"Gimme that hat." She speaks as she gestures toward Clementine, more specifically her hat that had the letter "D," on it.

Clementine: "No...!" Clementine quickly responds as she clutches her hat.

You were about to speak up, but you noticed the bathroom door open.

You quickly glance at the door so the intruder wouldn't notice your gaze, and spot Omid sneaking up on the intruder.

Before the intruder could say another word, the bathroom door suddenly shuts which startles the intruder, as she turns to the noise...

BANG!

The woman accidentally shoots Omid in the chest, and Omid clutches his wound and falls to the ground.

Y/N: "No!"

Christa busts into the bathroom with her rifle ready, her eyes instantly fall on Omid.

Female Intruder: "I didn't mean to! I didn't mean to!"

The intruder drops both guns and raises her hands. "I didn't mean-!"

BANG!

Christa shoots the woman in the stomach with zero hesitation.

The pregnant woman falls to her knees as she cups the now-deceased Omid's body.

Christa: "Oh, God... Omid!"

Christa cries and holds Omid's body.

You look to Clementine, who's just as shell-shocked as you.

...Was this yet another death, caused by your maladroit ways?

.

.

.

"...Been cursed since birth."

"...Guess I'll never learn."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.4K 2.8K 38
The Dead started to walk. Y/N Dixon was found passing out and pursued by walkers and rescued by a man, Kenny, and ended up with a group of survivors...
9.4K 474 16
After Clementine finds herself dead, she wakes up in a different world... one where the dead never started walking. However, nobody else seems to rem...
61.9K 2.7K 77
You were eight when the dead began their reign. It happened in the blink of an eye, and the world around you was unprepared. The walkers simply ascen...
63.1K 1.8K 43
"It's the Apocalypse... it shouldn't matter," you say, glancing at her lips. "Y/n, that's exactly why it matters." - You meet a special girl and her...