Then There's You (Liskook ff)

Από ooohrange

Despite his popularity, he is not recognized for being bad-tempered. This is Jungkook in all his glory, arrog... Περισσότερα

Author's Note & Dedication
About the Book
(1) Seoul
(2) Party
(3) Beer
(4) Crush
(5) Zero O'Clock
(6) Eye Contact
(7) Warning
(8) Breakdown
(9) Stubborn
(10) Good Work
(11) Stupid
(12) Mostly Useful
(14) Pretty Lie
(15) Notification
(16) Excuses
(17) Triggered
(18) End Of Convo
(19) Magazine
(20) Push A Button
(21) The Bass Player
(22) No Big Deal
(23) The Uninvited
(24) The Shot
(25) Fire Exit
(26) Surprised Lunch
(27) Focus On The Goal
(28) Some Competition
(29) Clue To Cue
(30) Knees
(31) Dance Again
(32) Attention
(33) No More Alcohol & Cigarettes
(34) All Night
(35) A Stunner
(36) Lips to Ears

(13) Television

1K 80 18
Από ooohrange

✯✯

LISA's POV

"Here you go." I held out his Starbucks' drink to him.

I drove to the studio too early but I didn't expect Jungkook was already here too. And since I'm his personal assistant, he demanded that I buy him his morning coffee and I did what I was told.

He stopped, cocked his head. "You're fired."

"What?"

"Lisa, look at it." Latte or frappuccino who cares? As long as I ordered the right flavor, right?

"Still, an iced skinny but a latte."

"Yea, that's why you're fired." I could see his gritted teeth.

"You know what, just be thankful and drink it." I told him, hands on my hips.

"I don't know why the hell I put up with you." He said as he had no choice but to drink the latte.

"Me neither. But you'll be providing the certificate and all for my internship so I keep hanging around." I told him back.

"Awesome. Go away." He said, unbothered, not looking at me.

"You got it, boss." Sometimes, I was easy to talk to.

I left him in the room, since I also had nothing to do there. I just opened my phone and checked if there's an email from LK Label and as I assumed, none. I was getting bored to death from waiting for their email. I put back my phone from my pocket and just decided to go back to the room since there was a couch there and tv to comfort me.

"What?" asked Jungkook in a terse voice, never taking his eyes off the TV. On screen, a cooking variety show was on and I honestly didn't care enough to figure out who was cooking.

We'd been back in Seoul for three days and had ordinarily returned to our routine, with just a few small behavioral shifts.

"I want a couch." I casually said as I took the soft spot across his position.

"Didn't I tell you to go away?" He muttered, sipping the drink I gave to him.

Great. No thank you. No nothing. Typical Jeon Jungkook.

"You're always telling me to go away. I'd be halfway to Bangkok by now if I actually ever listened to you." I yawned prettily.

There was a good chance I'd stop if he didn't make churning him up so enjoyable. Well, it's a tie.

"Am I really fired?" I asked to make sure.

"What do you think Lisa?" His brows arched, expectantly.

"I think regardless of whatever comes out of your mouth, the deal is still on." I voiced out and he said nothing.

"I also think if I actually went away, you would miss me, Jeon Jungkook." Of course, I joked again.

A messy, needy part of me ached for him to agree for a brief minute, which was absolutely absurd. I should cut out that foolish part, it would be the rational thing to do, without a doubt. Any irrational desire for Jungkook's softer emotions was a massive mistake. He was either not created that way from the start, or any softer portions had been crushed away long ago by what happened to his parents. Apart from that, I believe we both realized that being alone was the best option. We just happened to be spending our alone time together these days as a result of the scenario. I suppose that was preferable to being alone.

"That so? Why don't you go away and we'll find out?" He gave me a cool look. What a cold-blooded one.

I just stared at him while he was watching since he had no intention to look at me.

"What now?"

"Huh?" I asked as I tried to avert my eyes from him.

"You keep looking at me weird."

"No, I don't."

"Yeah, you do." He bristled, giving me impatient side eyes.

"You've been doing that lately."

"I have not. You're imagining things."

He wasn't imagining things. Things had changed since that day in Busan, I'd been different. I couldn't seem to look at him, hear him, or be near him without reacting in ways I wished I hadn't.

The feelings had not subsided, contrary to my expectations. They appeared to have settled in for the long haul, seeping deeper and deeper into my heart and thoughts. All of those peeks into his psyche and difficult past had irreversibly changed things. Both in terms of how I looked at him and how often I did.

The reality was, I think my fangirl heart for him was returning. This dreadful foolish crush, or whatever it was, was most likely there on my face every time I turned around to face him. That was the impression I got.

"I'm not gonna freak out again or anything, Lisa. Geez" he said.

"No, I know. I'm not worried about that."

"So stop looking at me already," he grouched.

"I'm not!" I protested, sneaking a look.

He slumped further down in his swivel chair as he put his hands at the back of his head. He had this serious look embedded into his handsome face. Ripped jeans and a plain shirt under his black and white windbreaker is his casual attire today. I doubt a male model could have pulled those off as well.

A street light glowed in the distance, and tiny rivers of rain flowed down the exterior of the window. These days, the weather is typically cold and rainy. It made me shiver just thinking about what it would be like outside in it.

"Why are you here so early? You normally come late." Unexpectedly, he ask me a question first.

"Is my being here a problem?"

"Didn't say that. Just wondering what's changed?"

If you only know, Jeon. A great deal had changed. There was a lot of it, and then a little more on top of that, the most of which I was still puzzling out. There had been no clear conclusions yet. I may have exaggerated a little when I said I wasn't concerned about him. He appeared to be in good condition. That didn't take away from my responsibility to keep an eye on him. His meltdown was still fresh in my mind.

"Nothing's changed, I got bored waiting for Bam earlier so I just left him." I lied. I pulled my not so furry but comfy black orange jacket tighter around me, feeling self-conscious. (Lisa's outfit for today)

"K," he said.

And that was the end of the conversation. With all of that internal conflict, he couldn't even be bothered to say anything about my presence. I think he didn't mind at all.

"You cold?" Then, he suddenly asked.

"Excuse me?"

His head lay against the back of his chair, slowly looking me over. Nothing changed in his face, but his eyes seemed to heat somehow. Or maybe I was just imagining things.

"You're all bundled up. Need me to turn up the thermostat?" He said.

Just a simple question from him, made my body all heat up. What the hell is wrong with me?

"Nah. I'm good. It's just my usual working outfit, for your info." I curled my skinny jean clad legs up beneath me.

"Yea, noticed that. All cover up and everything." If I wasn't mistaken, I could hear some judgment from his voice.

"So what's he cooking?" I ignored his comment and tried to shift the subject to the show he was watching.

"I'm not really that into it. You can pick something to watch if you want."

"Okay." I held out my hand for the remote.

He let out a gentle chuckle, a rare and pleasant sound indeed. It tickled my flesh in the oddest, yet most pleasant way. I'd be in big trouble if he actually laughed out loud.

"Not a chance, Lisa. Only I operate the remote. I'll flip through channels and you can tell me if anything appeals." He explained.

"Only you operate the remote?" Stunned, I asked.

"Yup." He answered, emphasizing the letter 'p'

"Control freak."

"This TV is too expensive for you to operate.No way I'm risking it with you." He waved the funky black remote around like it was his royal mace.

"Excuse me?" My mouth fell open.

"Are you going to pick or what?" He grabbed a cushion and stuffed it behind his head, changing through to the first channel. A cartoon show.

"Keep going." I was not in the mood for some cartoon.

Next was some strenuous survival show. I felt exhausted just watching the program.

"Next, please." I ordered as I extended my arms.

Then, an old episode of Money Heist flickered on next.

"I already finished that series." I commented as Jungkook sniggered and changed the channel, a dating series was shown, 'Are You The One?'

"Why are so many singles drawn to using an online dating app or program to find someone?" I pondered aloud.

"You don't like it?" He asked, brow raised.

"It wasn't a nice experience. Been there and done that." I snagged a cushion and cuddled it to my chest.

"Go on."

"No. Let's leave my shameful dating choices in the past."

"That's hardly fair. You know enough of my shit." He countered back.

Before I could form a reply, Jungkook switched the channel and it landed on the animal discovery.

"Stop here. Stop!"

"For Christ's sake, use your inside voice." Jungkook winced, rubbing his ear.

"So many cats! They are so cute. I miss my cats at home. I have five and they are all extremely lovely! Their names start with L, and yes I've come up with that. Witty, right?" I hugged my cushion happily.

"You talk a lot. Are we watching this or what?" He yawned.

"You'll watch this with me?" I asked, shifting my gaze at him.

"It's kind of nice, having company." He kept his eyes on the screen. I thought I detected a hint of somber in his voice. Perhaps Jisoo had been right and he was lonely.

We sat in silence for a while, both of us studying the screen. Well, with the exception of me occasionally slyly studying him. I saw him as he'd shoved his hands back behind his head, face relaxed and eyes open. When Jungkook shifted his position, he accidentally changed the channel.

"Why don't you like to be touched? Because I'm fifty shades of fucked-up, Anastasia." Just then, the man and the lady on the screen started kissing as the man began to undress the lady.

And just before Jungkook and I could react, the door of the studio hung open. The rest of the members were talking and laughing not until they saw what was on the tv screen.

"What on earth are you two watching?!" They all exclaimed as Jungkook and I didn't expect the perfect evil timing we got into.

(A/N: Maybe it isn't really my obligation to write here but your comments and messages make me want to, so thank youuuu 🤗)

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

276K 10.5K 40
Lalisa Manoban is a rich girl. She's a stuck-up and a narcissist. There's no way she wouldn't be when she comes from a wealthy family and never had t...
317K 9.2K 70
❝I never loved you...and I would never love you, Jeon.❞ -Lisa - Jungkook ❝Playboy. Think first. Loving you is a waste of time. Disgusting...❞ -Rosé...
94.2K 4.1K 54
In people's view life as a globally famous korean idol like BTS and BLACKPINK are pure luck, only timely and successful. They think it's all about da...
674K 22.4K 58
Two popular idols happened not to notice each other's existence until he started hating her. "Sorry, I'd definitely be her hater rather than praise h...