Defeated

By TashaPageWriting

In a town controlled by fear, Indianna is trying to find a way to survive. The only goal is to take down Rogu... More

I- Tai
II- Indianna
III- Introductions
IV- Letters To Him
V- Rogue
VI- Punishment
VII- Fight
VIII- We're Werewolves
IX- You Really Shouldn't Have Come To This Town
X- Kick
XI- Girl Talk
XII- A Plan?
XIII- Lone Wolf
XIV- Secrets
XV- Gender
XVI- Revenge
XVII- Rules
XVIII- Grave
XIX- Cry
XX- Dinner
XXI- Blood
XXII- Rogue's Order
XXIII- Oscar's Old Pack
XXIV- Claws
XXV- Hey Sugar
XXVI- Mate bond?
XXVII- Reward
XXVIII- Greyson's Back
XXIX- "You Lost My Mate"
XXX- Brooke's Secret
XXXI- Lily
XXXII- Brandon's Heartbreak
XXXIII- Eight Weeks To Get Rid of Rogue
XXXIV- Alec
XXXV- The Map
XXXVII- Christmas Dinner
XXVIII- Greyson's Sacrifice
XXXIX- Trust
XL - Wish For Death
XLI- Day One

XXXVI- Preparations

5.2K 235 66
By TashaPageWriting

Later that day Indianna was in the kitchen with Laura, Kirstie and Mac. There was a comfortable silence as the four of them peeled and chopped vegetables. No one wanted to discuss the reason for why they were preparing dinner. The thought of Rogue sitting at the table, surrounded by her friends and family made Indianna feel sick.

The silence was soon broken when Kal arrived, barging through the door with his arms full of shopping bags. Kimberly followed behind him and they placed numerous bags full of groceries onto the dining table.

"Normally," Kal said, looking at the food with narrowed eyes, "the sight of all this food would make me very happy, however, I'm currently very unhappy. For the first time in my life I am not looking forward to Christmas dinner. Damn Rogue. He's a maniac and now he's a bloody Scrooge as well."

"Thank you, Kal," Laura called, reaching into one of the bags and pulling out ingredients. "And you too, Kim. We should have enough food now."

"Don't worry if you haven't. I'd happily starve if it means Rogue is out of here quicker tonight," Kal grumbled.

"Kal, sweet, we get it. You don't want Rogue here. No one does, stop moaning and suck it up." Kimberly placed her hand on Kal's arm and gave him a look. "We haven't got a choice."

"God, woman, let me complain!" Kal groaned but he grabbed Kimberly's hands and pulled her closer, kissing her cheek affectionately.

"Let's stop the moaning for now, yeah?" Kimberly suggested.

Kal's eyebrows raised and he smirked. "For now?"

Kimberly glared at Kal and hit his chest. "Shut up, you idiot and do something useful."

"Do as your mate says!" Kirstie called. "You can start peeling the potatoes."

Kal made a face. "I consume food. I don't make it."

Kirstie rolled her eyes and pointed to an empty kitchen surface. "Get working, Kalum!"

"What about her?" Kal complained, pointing at Kimberly. "Make her work too!"

"You're such a child," Kimberly said and shook her head. "And I'm going to help. I'll take over from Indianna."

Indianna looked over her shoulder, eyebrow raising. "I'm fine, Kim."

"No, you're pregnant and shouldn't be standing up for long periods of time," Kimberly said sternly. "Go and rest."

"Honestly-"

"She's right, dear," Laura interjected. "You've had a busy day already and tonight is probably going to be stressful. You need to relax while you can. For your health and the babies."

"But we have so much food to prepare-"

"We can get others to help," Kirstie called, her voice stern. "You're outnumbered, Indie. Get your butt out of here. You are carry my niece and nephew and I won't have you straining yourself."

Indianna held her hands up in surrender and stepped backward. "You guys win," she said but she found herself smiling at the thought of how many people cared. "I'll go and rest."

Kimberly grinned smugly and squeezed Indianna's arm when she walked past her. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling good," Indianna said honestly. "Thank you, Kim."

Indianna left the kitchen and exited the pack house. She spotted Harry and Brooke who were sitting on a bench, deep in conversation. Brooke's eyes were red and cheeks puffy, but she was smiling at something Harry had said.

Indianna wanted to wrap Brooke in bubble wrap and protect her from the night that was to come, but she knew she couldn't. Instead, Indianna looked away from Harry and Brooke and went down into the cells underground to where she could hear voices. Some familiar, some not.

Indianna found Greyson in one of the far cells with Ace, Oscar and Tai, who was tending to the freshly burnt brands of three men that Indianna faintly recognised from around town. Rogue's men.

Greyson, who was leaning against the bars of the cell, spoke up. "Gentlemen, please allow me to introduce your new Luna." Greyson turned and locked eyes with Indianna as she came into view. His hands found her waist as she neared and Indianna leaned into his side, their body's fitting together like a glove.

Greyson kissed Indianna's temple. "Sugar, meet the three men who we have successfully freed from Rogue's compulsion."

The three men bowed their heads upon Indianna's arrival.

"I'm glad you are in your right minds again," Indianna said kindly. "And welcome to our pack."

"We are forever indebted to you," one of the men spoke. "Whatever you need from us we shall to our best to provide."

"Your best is what we are going to need," Greyson nodded. "Now, you guys need to get going soon. We are expecting Rogue here tonight and we need you and your scents gone as quickly as possible."

"We have a route through the woods planned that will get you back into town unnoticed," Oscar told them.

"And remember to be careful. The brands will heal slower, even for werewolves. Don't let Rogue see that they are sore."

"We'll be careful. Thank you, Alpha and Luna."

"We will be in touch with further information when we have released more of you from Rogue's compulsion," Ace said. "The end is in sight."

The three men with new found freedoms left with Oscar, leaving Indianna, Greyson, Kal and Tai in the cell. Tai cleared her throat and cast an awkward glance at Greyson. "I should go."

"Wait," Greyson said sternly. "I want to say something to you."

"Greyson," Ace warned, watching him cautiously.

Greyson couldn't help but smirk. "Don't worry, Ace, I was actually going to thank your mate."

Tai raised her dark eyebrows disbelievingly. "You what?"

"You heard me," Greyson said dismissively. "You've been a great help to Doc. We need all the help we can get right now."

Tai and Ace shared a look. They both seemed as surprised as each other.

"But now, I need you to fuck off."

"Greyson!" Indianna and Ace said simultaneously.

"Calm down," Greyson said calmly. "I've arranged for you and your brother and Sasha to spend the evening with a pack member. We still don't know if Rogue knows about you two and it's better if you stay far away from here. Rogue has never encountered Sasha so it's best for her to leave as well."

"What about Alice and Alec?" Ace asked. "Where will they go?"

"They will join us for dinner."

"Kal won't be happy about that."

"No one is happy about tonight."

Indianna sighed and rubbed her eyes. "Rogue said friends and family. Alice is our friend and Kal's family. Rogue knows Alec so I'm sure he would expect him to be there too. You three are the only ones who Rogue hasn't had any contact with. You're safe."

"Safe?" Tai repeated and scoffed. "Yeah, I feel it."

"What pack member will they go to?" Indianna asked Greyson.

"Ellie's parents."

Ellie was a young pack member who had been adopted by a couple after being subjected to horrors by Rogue. They were good people.

"I'm not spending Christmas with some random people," Tai said stubbornly. "Raiden and I will go home-"

"Don't make this difficult," Greyson said sternly. "Do as you're told."

"You're not the boss of me," Tai argued.

"Tai," Ace said gently. He had Tai's attention immediately and her expression softened slightly when she looked at him. "Please. I wouldn't make it through the night if I didn't know you were safe."

Tai narrowed her eyes at Greyson. "I don't like him telling me what to do."

Greyson shrugged his shoulders. "I'm in charge and that's not changing so deal with it."

"Please, Tai. Ignore him. Do it for me."

"Do not ignore me," Greyson said sternly.

*Greyson,* Indianna said in warning. *Give them a break. She's proven herself.*

*She still needs to listen to me. I'm the Alpha.*

*Yes, you're not letting her forget that.*

Greyson smirked slightly. "So, what is it going to be, Tai?"

Tai looked away from Ace and sighed. "Fine."

"Let's go and tell Raiden and Sasha," Ace said softly. He slowly reached for Tai's hand and she blinked, staring at Ace for a few seconds before nodding.

"Are you okay to take them?" Greyson asked Ace.

"Of course. We will leave as soon as they are ready to go."

"Sooner rather than later," Greyson ordered.

"Sir yes sir," Tai muttered as Ace and her left the cells, sarcasm heavy in her voice.

Greyson narrowed his eyes at her retreating figure, but Indianna reached up and touched his cheek, pulling his attention to her. "Grey," she whispered, "get over your ego and come with me."

Greyson's eyebrows shot up. "Excuse me, sugar?"

Indianna smiled. "Oh, you heard me, Alpha. Come on. I need to show you something."

"I do not have an ego."

Indianna scoffed. "You have a rather large ego."

"Where are you taking me and my supposed rather large ego, sugar?"

"I need to show you something."

"That didn't answer my question."

Indianna rolled her eyes. "Our bedroom."

"Why didn't you say that earlier?" Greyson wondered, a teasing smirk on his lips.

Indianna was slightly breathless when they made it to Greyson's bedroom and she cursed the many stairs she had just climbed. She took a seat on their bed eagerly and gestured for Greyson to join her. "And bring me that book on the side please."

Greyson raised the leather book with a look of doubt. "Why on earth do you want me to bring you this stupid book about fairytales, sugar?"

"Because I asked you too," Indianna said. "Come on. Bring it here."

Greyson sighed and sat down next to Indianna, dropping the book on the bed. "You got me all excited to come to our bedroom only to put a children's book in between us? Sugar, you're killing me."

Indianna laughed and turned the book over, running her fingers over the cut leather where Lily had found the knife. "Look."

Greyson blinked. "At what?"

"This. Lily cut it open."

"Good for her. Get to the point, sugar."

Indianna sighed. "The point, Greyson, is that she found a map hidden in the cover of this book."

Greyson's eyebrows furrowed slightly, his eyes curious. "A map? To where?"

"Don't laugh," Indianna told him. "She said it was a map to the Royal Family."

Greyson groaned. "Fucking hell, sugar, that's ridiculous."

"Lily didn't seem to think so!"

"She's a child. She doesn't know what she's doing."

"We both know that's not true."

"Look, even if the Royal Family ever existed, they would have been dead for hundreds of years. A silly map isn't going to change that."

"Lily said that there are rumours of a cave where the Royal Family disappeared too. She said that if it's true and they are there then they aren't dead and they can be awoken. They are believed to be able to restore peace to the werewolf world."

"That's absolute nonsense, Indie."

"But what if it's not?" Indianna wondered. "What if it's not nonsense, Greyson? What if Lily is right?"

"Is the tooth fairy going to exist next, sugar?"

"Just be opened minded, Greyson," Indianna groaned. "It won't do us any harm."

"But it will," Greyson snapped. "Because if we waste time looking into make believe Royal Families then that's less time we are spending freeing the men under Rogue's control to take him down! Sugar, we're on a rather tight schedule." Greyson rested his hands on Indianna's stomach and his eyes softened. "We can't afford to be distracted."

"I know it sounds insane. Before I knew you werewolves were a thing of fairytales, Greyson," Indianna said gently. "This could be true."

"If it were true then I'm sure someone would've found proof over the past hundreds of years."

"The map was proof," Indianna said. "What if it does lead Lily to them?"

"Then they can come and save the fucking day," Greyson said with an eye roll. "Until then we keep on track with our plan. We can take him down ourselves."

"But what about Lily? She's out there all alone-"

"She's survived on her own so far. I'm sure she can handle herself, sugar."

Indianna looked at the book in front of them and sighed. "Fine," she said and looked up at Greyson. "I really hopes she comes back and proves you wrong."

Greyson cracked a smile and wrapped his arms around Indianna, pulling her down onto the bed, making her squeal. "Of course you do, sugar."

Indianna laughed. "Get off, Greyson."

Greyson chuckled and Indianna felt his chest rumble as the lay next to each other, Indianna tangled in Greyson's embrace. "Never."

"Greyson-"

"Don't," he sighed. "I know that voice, sugar. That's your serious voice. Don't ruin the moment."

Indianna paused. "Greyson, I'm scared about tonight."

"I'm sick of hearing about him," Greyson muttered icily, but he kissed Indianna's forehead and ran his fingers through her hair affectionately . "Tonight is going to be fine. We'll get through it."

"Will we?"

"We better. Besides, tonight could give us the opportunity to learn more about Rogue and Stacey's relationship. We're going to need all the information we can if we're going to someone get her away from Rogue in the future"

Indianna stiffened. "To kill her."

"It's been agreed."

"Not by me."

"Indie, let's not argue about this-"

"If you think I'm going to ever not argue with you then you're delusional, Greyson Evans, especially when it's over killing somebody!"

"The majority voted," Greyson said. "It's happening whether you like it or not."

"The father of my children is not going to be a killer."

Greyson's muscles tensed and he sat up suddenly, looking down at Indianna with narrowed eyes. "Do not say something you're going to regret, sugar." His voice was calm but laced with warning. "You forget that many rogues have already died by my hand and I am not ashamed of that."

Indianna pushed herself into a sitting position. She met Greyson's eyes challengingly. "Stacey is not a Rogue. She is innocent-"

Greyson's eyes went wide and his face turned red. "Innocent!" He exclaimed. "God, Indie, just stop it! She's standing by his side blindly! She's not innocent! She's crazy!"

"You know very well what the mate bond does to somebody-"

"No. That is not an excuse!" Greyson snapped. "Look at Raiden. He chose to leave Brandon and they're mates. Raiden knew the truth and the mate bond didn't keep him with Brandon. He left him! Stacey is not innocent and I won't have you fucking defending her! I most certainly won't have you using our children to threaten me!"

"But, Greyson-"

"Indianna, I am protecting us. Our family. Our pack. I will do anything to get rid of Rogue. If you really think you're going to change my mind about this then you're the one who's delusional! He tortured me, Indie, he made you suffer the loss of a mate, he's committed so many atrocious acts! He deserves no mercy. I am going to kill his mate and then him. There's nothing you can do to stop it."

Greyson was angry. Indianna understood why. She knew his reasons and they made perfect sense, but the thought of killing Stacey made her want to be sick. She couldn't agree with it. She couldn't agree with Greyson. She cringed at the thought of Greyson murdering Stacey. She didn't know how she would view him once he had taken her life.

Indianna's stomach churned and she stood up from the bed, rubbing her stomach. "I need to go-"

"Sugar, don't run away!" Greyson groaned. "Why can't you understand-"

"I do understand, Greyson!" Indianna snapped. "I just need some space."

"She has to die so all of us can survive!"

Indianna cringed and headed for the door. "I don't want to hear it! I don't want to hear your reasons for killing an 18 year old girl! I never want to be okay with killing someone."

"Do you thinking I'm jumping for fucking joy at the thought of killing her?" Greyson yelled as Indianna left the room. "Indie, come back here!"

*This clearly isn't something we are going to agree on, Greyson. I need some time to myself.* Indianna blocked Greyson out and continued down the hallway, sighing in relief when Greyson didn't follow. A door opened a few meters away and Harry walked out, raising his eyebrows at Indianna.

"You know he's right."

"That's really not helping right now, Harry," Indianna groaned as she neared him and noticed Brooklyn in the room, sitting on Harry's bed.

"Harry, leave," Brooklyn ordered, spotting Indianna and smiling brightly.

Harry blinked and slowly turned to her, eyes narrowed. "Excuse me, babe?"

"Leave so Indianna and I can be alone without annoying, demanding mates," Brooklyn said and waved her hand dismissively at Harry.

"I think she should go back and talk to Greyson," Harry said, his tone clipped, and he gave Brooklyn a look which she ignored.

"Just because we have heightened hearing doesn't mean we always need to use it," Indianna stated, giving Harry a look.

He shrugged, not looking ashamed. "The Alpha has to make tough decisions, Indie. He needs your support."

"My opinion doesn't seem to matter in this situation so he is definitely not getting my support."

"Do you not even understand where he's coming from?" Harry asked.

"I understand why he wants too, but it doesn't mean he should!"

"This isn't just on Greyson, Indie," Harry said. "We're a pack, we're in this together. It's everyone's burden to bare, not just Greyson's."

"So you do want Brooke to be equally responsible for killing an innocent girl?" Indianna asked.

Harry narrowed his eyes. "That girl is not innocent. And I don't think Brooklyn shares your opinion on this matter, Indie."

Indianna blinked and looked at Brooklyn who squirmed uncomfortably. "Please don't give me that look, Indie."

"You think we should let her be killed?"

Brooklyn swallowed. "Honestly, Indie..." She looked at Harry, her expression looking somewhat pained, and Harry's expression softened only in the way that it did when it came to Brooklyn. "I think of Stacey dying and I feel nothing. No guilt. No remorse. Nothing. Rogue has screwed me up so tremendously that I don't care about us killing the only thing that he cares about in life. If killing Stacey means we can finally take him down then I'm all for it. I need him gone from my life, Indie." Brooklyn's eyes glazed over. "He has absolutely destroyed me and guilt over Stacey isn't going to stop me from agreeing with the plan."

"Babe, you've cried enough today. Let's end this conversation here," Harry said sternly and turned to Indianna. "You're on your own with this, Indie. I'm sorry."

Indianna sighed but she nodded and looked at Brooklyn who hurriedly wiped tears off of her cheek. "Brooke, it's okay," Indianna said softly. "I understand."

Brooklyn hiccuped as more tears started to trickle down her cheek. "I'm sorry, Indie."

"No, don't be. I didn't want to make you upset-"

"I'm crying left, right, and centre and it's getting really boring now," Brooklyn whimpered and she reached out to Harry. "I don't know how I'm ever going to stop."

"Indie, you're now the one responsible for my mate crying." Harry looked very far from impressed. "Please fuck off."

"That's my mate and your Luna you're talking too!" Came Greyson's voice as he yelled down the corridor. "Watch your fucking tone, Harry!"

"You fuck off as well, Alpha!" Harry shouted and looked over his shoulder at Brooklyn.

"Please can everyone stop shouting," Brooklyn called meekly. "And Harry come to my freaking side or I'm going to burst into more damn tears!"

"Brooke, I'm-"

"It's not your fault, Indie," Brooklyn cut Indianna off. "Go and sort it out with Greyson, you need each other today."

"Now, if you don't mind?" Harry snapped.

Indianna wasn't offended by Harry, she knew him too well now to take anything he said to heart, especially when it came to Brooklyn. She nodded and turned around and saw Greyson leaning against his doorframe, watching her with raised eyebrows.

"Are you joining me or am I going to have to follow you around the house, sugar?"

"Your attitude is not helping," Indianna said and walked towards Greyson. "You were listening, weren't you?"

"It's not like I could ignore it. You were literally down the hall, I couldn't help but hear it."

"Wolves are so damn nosy," Indianna huffed and crossed her arms over her chest. "I don't eavesdrop on people."

"That's why you're the nice one in this relationship."

"That's not an excuse to be an ass."

Greyson smiled and held his arms out. "Truce?" He asked lowly. "We don't need this tonight."

"I'm not going to agree with killing Stacey."

Greyson sighed. "Oh, trust me, sugar, I know you're not."

"Then we still have a problem."

"Which we clearly aren't going to sort tonight because I'm not changing my mind just because you're going to be annoyed."

"It's a little more than annoyance, Greyson."

"Can we discuss this after the shitshow that is going to be tonight?"

"You're not going to change your mind, are you?"

"Of course not."

"And neither am I. So, what is there to discuss, Greyson? We're not going to agree."

Greyson rolled his eyes and let out a long breath. "Why is what I love most about you also one of the most infuriating things about you?"

Indianna raised her eyebrows. "And what's that?"

"That you fight me." Greyson reached forward and gently took Indianna's waist. "It drives me insane, but I love that you're one of the few people that stand up to me, sugar." He pulled Indianna up against him and brushed her hair from her face. "We need each other tonight. Can we put this behind us?"

Indianna pursed her lips and sighed. "I don't want to face my brother if I'm arguing with you."

"Then don't argue with me."

"This isn't over, Greyson," Indianna said sternly.

"It is for now," he said and Indianna scowled at him when he smirked.

"Do you want to leave this here or shall I continue to be pissed at you for the rest of Christmas?" Indianna snapped. She felt her temper rising again and she wasn't sure if it was genuine anger or a mix of anger and hormones that were going wild during pregnancy. "Because if you continue to be an ass then we most definitely won't be calling a truce."

"I'm stopping," Greyson said immediately, noticing the shift in her tone. "I'm sorry, sugar. We're good. No more arguing."

Indianna nodded her head sharply. "Good."

Greyson softened his tone and reached up to gently cup Indianna's cheek. "I know I do and say things that annoy you, sugar, but I don't mean to annoy you."

"Why do I find that hard to believe, Grey?"

Greyson couldn't help but smile. "I don't mean too, I really don't, but I can't change who I am. Can I?"

Indianna raised an eyebrow. "You could try a little harder."

"Technically, I've got months of getting on your nerves to catch up on so I have more of an excuse to be the way I am."

"Don't joke about that," Indianna said. "Don't joke about being away from me."

"Well, if that's I guess you'll have to put up with me being completely and utterly-"

"An ass?"

Greyson tutted. "Myself," he whispered and kissed Indianna, bringing her bottom lip between his teeth and sucking softly. "Can you manage that, sugar?"

"If I have to."

*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

469K 11.3K 31
Rogues. They are feared. They are hated. They are killed. But some don't have a choice wether they become a rogue or not. Alpha Jacob Sterling hates...
241K 11K 59
**COMPLETED** ( Book 2, can be read as stand alone. )Conceived from a brutal rape, Betsi was hidden from the true world she belonged to. Her father...
138K 3.7K 30
Haley is a shy girl who became mute after her parents were murdered. She lives with her childhood neighbors who have to move to a different state. Wi...
148K 11.8K 80
THE SEQUEL TO 'LUNA OF ROGUES.' Last Haven is scattered to the wind. It has been nineteen years since the castle burned - nineteen years of bitter wa...