Safe Word Sunlight | Gay MxM |

By dollygrand

A college student finds an injured vampire in the woods, saves his life, and helps him stay hidden from those... More

Welcome!
0. Prologue
1. Detour of Fate
2. First Taste
4. Hunger
5. Finding Peace
6. Trophy
7. The Penthouse
8. To Protect Him
9. New Hobby
10. Just a Technicality
11. Exciting Day
12. Worry Too Much

3. In Need for Comfort

1.5K 123 10
By dollygrand

-Riley-

I could've tried to convince myself I only had a weird fever dream or something last night. I'd been tired after staying the entire weekend at my friend's house, after all. The drive back home had been exhausting and scary, too. It would've been so easy to tell myself it was just a dream.

I stared at the backseat of my car. The blue interior was covered in blood.

"How am I supposed to get this clean...?" I sighed before tossing a big blanket back over the seats to make sure no one saw it.

It actually happened. I'd saved a vampire's life. And I fed him my blood. And now I was eager to go see how he was doing, so I walked around the car, hopped behind the wheel, and pulled out of the parking space.

I still had the address on my navigator, so it was easy to find the right place. I was still a bit surprised to see the laundromat in the corner of the building, even though the blood had already convinced me that last night really did happen.

I got out of the car and walked up to the laundromat. There were a few machines on, but no one was around, so I made my way to the back, to the door that was now locked. I glanced over my shoulder to make sure I was alone before I knocked.

A short moment later, Mike came to open it, and immediately pressed his finger on his lips before letting me in. I nodded without saying a word and tiptoed after him as he led me to the end of the hallway. But we didn't enter the room Sirius had been in last night. He pushed open a door on the opposite side, revealing another hallway. We walked to the end of it and entered a room on our left.

I stepped in, my eyes immediately finding Sirius. I didn't register anything else in the dimly lit room. He looked like he was asleep – or dead – as he lay under thick covers in a nice, big bed. I did notice it was an actual bed, not a hospital one.

"I have to go check on another patient. Don't leave this room, okay? No one knows Sirius is here, so no one can know about you, either," Mike told me in a hushed voice, stepping back outside.

"Okay," I said without taking my eyes off Sirius while Mike closed the door.

Sirius looked so handsome... He had more color on his face now, and his lips were red. I put my bag down by the door and quietly approached his bed to stare at him closer. I hoped I wasn't waking him up, but when I reached him, he sniffed the air and opened his eyes, giving me a little disoriented look.

"Oh, hi," he said, his lips spreading into a smile at the sight of me. "Is it already afternoon?"

"Uh-huh. Ten minutes past five," I said, sitting down on the edge of his bed. "You look much better now."

"I feel much better," he said, his eyes studying my face closely.

"You do look tired, though," I noted.

"I'm going to be tired for a while now."

I nodded and finally ripped my eyes off him to take a look at the room. It was not a hospital room. There were big, thick curtains over the window, a soft carpet covering the floor, a big TV on the wall opposite of the bed, a big bookcase on the right and a fridge and a desk on the left.

"This place looks nice," I told him, turning my attention back to him. "I wish we had rooms like this in our hospitals. It would be so much less intimidating."

"I like this little clinic. You should see some of the others I've been in. Such nasty rat holes... Mike really knows how to make his patients comfortable," Sirius said, shortly glancing at the room.

"So this is his clinic?"

"Yes."

"And I'm guessing the laundromat is hiding what this place really is," I said.

"That, and for extra income," Sirius said, trying to push himself to sit up, so I hurried to place his pillows behind his back.

The covers fell off him, and I couldn't stop my eyes from darting to his chest, then down to his stomach. He really was weak... He had a muscular body and zero fat, but he moved like he was nothing but skin and bones. The uncovered, stitched wound hurt my eyes. It was clear it was not improving yet.

"So you're going to stay here for a while, huh?"

He nodded. "I don't think I can return home anytime soon. I can't even get out of bed, and I fear they're watching my house..."

"They?" I repeated. "The people who attacked you?"

He sighed and nodded. I was hoping he'd tell me what was going on. It wasn't really my place to ask, but I really wanted to know. He glanced at me, and after a short moment of hesitation, he sighed and took a better position against the pillows.

"It is a boring territory dispute. This is a sanctuary for our kind, so fighting isn't allowed. There is another vampire family who wants my territory, but I refuse to sell it. This has been our home for decades, after all. I may be the last of my family, but this is still my territory."

"So... because you're not giving it up, they're trying to kill you?" I asked in shock.

He didn't answer me right away. "They claim they didn't send the attacker, of course. But it's obvious it's them. Once I'm out of their way, they can take my territory, and no one will stop them."

"And you can't even go to the cops," I guessed.

"We have our own council with our own cops and laws, but without proof... The council has their hands full with protecting humans and making sure they don't find out about us. They won't waste resources on a lone vampire like me."

"So you're alone in this? You just have to hide and hope they can't find you?" I asked with a frown.

"The council does what they can. I am grateful they are protecting my rights as the owner and they're making sure no one steals my territory as long as I live. Besides, I could just give it up and move elsewhere, far away from here," he said, his expression turning sad.

"But it's your home! You have the right to keep it!" I said, standing up, feeling pissed.

"You are a spirited young human," he said in amusement.

"I want to help," I said without hesitation. "There has to be something I can do! My friend's dad is a lawyer–"

Sirius lifted his hand, laughing lightly. "You are a very odd young human," he said.

"Please," I said, sitting back down on his bed and taking his cold hand in mine. "I want to do something. It's not right that you have to fear for your life!"

"That's very kind of you, but I'm afraid they won't stop until they get what they want," Sirius said, the sadness returning.

I already hated to see him sad. "Please. There has to be something I can do."

He tilted his head and watched me closely.

"You really are a strange person," he said quietly.

"It's just so unfair to you," I said just as quietly.

He continued watching me, his pretty blue eyes studying my face closely. He had a gentle look in his eyes and a soft smile on his lips. I was completely mesmerized, and didn't realize how long we just sat there, staring at each other.

"Well," he finally said. "I know it's too soon, and I'm stuck here at the clinic for a while, but there is something I need help with."

"I'll help," I said hastily.

"You don't even know what I'm going to ask," he said, chuckling.

"I'll help," I repeated.

"All right... But first... And trust me, I'm not comfortable asking this, but I should be more careful with who I trust..."

"What is it?" I asked, inching closer to him.

"I guess I should read your mind first. You know, just to be sure you're not yet another assassin," he said, trying to sound casual, but I could tell he was shaken after the attack.

"Oh?" I said, now hesitating a bit. If he read my mind... "I uh... I don't mind if you do, but... Things may get a little awkward after that."

"What do you mean?"

I smirked at him in embarrassment. "Well... I'm just saying you're very pleasing to look at. In a very platonic way," I said, choosing my words carefully.

He let out a short laugh, looking away from me. "I... actually hear that... a lot," he murmured.

"Okay! So in that case, feel free to do whatever you need," I said, shifting closer to him. "Just... In a very platonic way."

He laughed lightly, and then looked me in the eyes. "If you don't mind...?"

"Go ahead," I said.

He focused on staring at me. He had such beautiful blue eyes... In a very platonic way. I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but when I suddenly saw flashes of the memories I'd made in the past several months, it overwhelmed me a bit. He spent a moment browsing through them, but stopped shortly after.

"So... Did I pass?" I asked when he blinked and leaned back against his pillows.

"Yes," he said. "But I had the feeling I can trust you."

"What were you trying to find?" I asked.

"Proof you're working with my enemy," he said with a smile and tilted his head again. "You're awfully calm about me and my kind."

"I've been thinking about you a lot, as you may have just found out, and... I don't know. I mean... I thought you died. It was the worst moment of my entire life. I've never seen a dead person before, and I..." I trailed off, remembering his beautiful face covered in blood as he'd lied lifelessly at the back of my car. "I thought I let you die."

"That must've been very traumatic for you," he said softly.

"So you understand why learning you're actually a vampire was a massive relief at that point," I said.

"I get it," he whispered, and we both fell silent.

I completely forgot myself as I stared at him once again. How could someone be so beautiful? His entire physique and his face were perfect in every way. Except for the injuries... How could anyone do such a thing to something so perfect?

"Anyway," he suddenly said, breaking the silence. "If you really want to help...?"

"Of course!"

He smiled before he continued. "I'm not planning on staying in this clinic for longer than absolutely necessary, but I shouldn't return home in case someone wants to attack me again. I'm not going to be strong enough to defend myself anytime soon, so I need to find another place. But the way things are now, I can't really go hunt for apartments. Not alone, at least."

"Of course I can help so you don't have to worry about that," I told him with a smile. "You need all your energy to heal. Just tell me what you're looking for and I'll start searching for options."

"You'd actually do that for me?" he asked with a frown, but his smile didn't go away.

I took his hand carefully in mine. "Didn't I already tell you I'll help?" I asked gently.

He stared at me, his frown fading and smile growing bigger. "You're a strange human, helping a monster they just met the night before..."

"You're not a monster, and I take that as a compliment," I said.

He shook his head, then rested back against his pillows. "But there's no rush. I'm not leaving this place in a few weeks."

"Gotcha," I said. "Is there something else you need? I have all day."

"Not really," he said and softened his voice when he added carefully, "Except for your company."

His words made me smile wider, but then I remembered what Mike told me last night. Sirius didn't have many friends, and he was the last one in his family. How lonely was he? I kind of wanted to ask about his family, but since they all were probably dead, it wasn't a topic I wanted to bring up. I was sure he didn't want to talk about them at that moment.

"You won't believe how hard it was to focus on the lectures today," I told him with a chuckle. "I can't remember a thing."

"Because of what happened last night?" he asked quietly.

"That, and I was worried about you," I murmured. "I was afraid I'll come here and find out your condition had gotten worse. Or... worse."

He stopped to stare at me for a good while. "You were concerned about me?"

"Of course," I said, shifting a little closer to him. "Why are you surprised?"

"I probably shouldn't be anymore. You are a very kind person. I saw so many good deeds in your memories... So no, I shouldn't be surprised."

"Exactly," I said, smirking. "That reminds me, are you hungry?"

"There's plenty of blood in the fridge," he said, giving an ugly glare at the said fridge.

I chuckled lightly. "But you hate it. Does it taste bad?"

"It's all right... But you know how it is when you want a nice, hot cup of coffee, but all you get is something that's been sitting in the fridge for days," he said. "You'll get the caffeine you need, but that's it."

"I see," I said. "You can have mine if you want."

"I shouldn't," he said, but his eyes turned immediately red.

"Yes, you should," I said as I sat sideways next to him, leaning against his pillows and offering him my hand.

He looked up at me. "You're spoiling me. This is not necessary – I'll get everything I need from the blood bags."

"You almost died last night. I think you deserve a little bit of spoiling. Besides, I have enough blood. I think."

He laughed lightly at my words, then looked down at my wrist. "If you really don't mind...?"

"I really don't," I said encouragingly, bringing my wrist close to his lips.

"I won't take much this time," he promised.

He lifted his weak hand and touched the back of mine. I watched him closely when he licked my skin, making it numb. I didn't even blink when he grew out his fangs and bit into my wrist. I smiled when he closed his eyes, looking so pleased and happy with his treat...

I brushed a lock of his hair behind his ear to see his face better. His eyes met mine, but he kept drinking at a slow pace, enjoying every mouthful before swallowing. We stared at each other for a long time. There was a lot going on in his eyes... I forgot myself and everything else when he looked at me like that. He made me want to learn everything I could about those different shades I could see dancing in those beautiful eyes...

He suddenly tossed his head back, gasping for air and licking his lips.

"Don't let me get used to this," he murmured, sounding breathless.

"What if I want you to...?" I asked just as quietly. "I mean what? Sure, of course... No more for you... This was just a... a special treat..."

He laughed and pulled my wrist back to lick off the blood that was running down my arm. He clearly forgot he wasn't supposed to continue drinking. When he was done cleaning my skin, he bit into my wrist again. And I could only watch. There was something very special in that moment... Like we shared a connection when he drank from me. His hold on my hand was growing a little bit stronger, and I enjoyed the fact that he was getting better just because of my blood.

And I truly enjoyed seeing how much he loved the taste of it.

When he finally was able to let me heal without making new wounds, he turned to look at me with shame written all over his face.

"I shouldn't be drinking your blood," he murmured, his eyes now blue again. "I'm too weak to control myself, it seems..."

"Don't worry about it. My body can make more," I said with a shrug. "You can have all you want."

He shivered lightly. "I may accidentally kill you."

"Yeah, don't do that," I said with a smirk, but he didn't like how casually I said it. "You needed this to start getting better."

He let out a sigh and turned to stare at my hand. He was still holding it in his.

"I do feel a bit better again," he murmured.

"Good," I said, resting my head on his pillows. "You'll be strong again."

He turned his attention back to me, wiggled around a bit so he could see me better, and lay his head on the pillows as well.

"Thank you," he whispered. "For everything. For saving me. For being so kind to me... For being here with me."

I smiled at him and brushed his hair away from his face. Then I remembered how scared he'd been last night. I tried to imagine how I would feel if I'd nearly died a horrible, painful death after someone tried to assassinate me, and I had absolutely no one to comfort me. Absolutely no one to even be there for me.

"Last night was traumatic for you as well," I whispered.

He didn't reply to me, but his answer was visible in his eyes. To think he was so lonely he accepted the comfort of a complete stranger...

I pulled the heating blanket over him and lay back down.

"You'll be all right," I told him. "We'll find a nice home for you, and I'll help you with whatever you need, okay?"

He nodded.

"And you'll be strong again," I continued, resting my hand on his arm. "And this will be just a bad memory."

He stayed silent, but his expression turned soft as he relaxed under the warm blanket.

"Try to get some sleep, okay? I'll be here when you wake up," I promised, and he nodded, closing his eyes.

I caressed his arm to let him know I was still there, and soon, he'd fallen asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40 20 8
The world has changed in a matter of seconds. Who would've thought that beings of our nightmares, vampires, werewolves and others would start overtak...
31.4K 1.1K 39
This is about a boy who hated love . He doesn't want any type of relationship in his life, he just like living and surviving alone. That was his life...
257K 9.7K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...
209K 9.3K 31
Before, I had my life all figured out. I would graduate college and get my degree in music, meet my true love and marry, then have two beautiful chil...