The Chamber of Secrets - Herm...

By Unknown3317

(Y/n) had an awesome summer, yet he couldn't wait to return to Hogwarts. Little did he know that a monster wa... More

Cast
Summer Italy
Diagon Alley
A Spectacular Entrance
Is He Really a Teacher?
Damn You Malfoy!
A Certain Someone's Birthday
Weird Dreams are Just Dreams
Hogwarts is Definitely Safe for Children
Poor Depressed Myrtle
Lost Faith in Lockhart?
"Asset Relocation"
The Dueling Club
Caught in the Act?
Dumbledore's Office
Home

Wandless Magic?

633 27 25
By Unknown3317

3rd Person POV

Since the disastrous episode of the pixies, Professor Lockhart had not brought live creatures to class. Instead, he read passages from his books to them, and sometimes reenacted some of the more dramatic bits. (Y/n) noticed that he usually picked Harry to help him with these reconstructions. So far, Harry had been forced to play a simple Transylvanian villager whom Lockhart had cured of a Babbling Curse, a yeti with a head cold, and a vampire who had been unable to eat anything except lettuce since Lockhart had dealt with him.

Harry was hauled to the front of the class during their very next Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson, this time acting a werewolf. (Y/n) knew if Harry hadn't had a very good reason for keeping Lockhart in a good mood, he would have refused to do it. "Nice loud howl, Harry... Exactly! And then, if you'll believe it, I pounced! Like this — Lockhart slammed him to the floor — thus with one hand, I managed to hold him down, with my other, I put my wand to his throat. I then screwed up my remaining strength and performed the immensely complex Homorphus Charm, (Y/n) noted that Harry let out a rather piteous moan — go on, Harry... Higher than that, good! The fur vanished, the fangs shrank, and he turned back into a man. Simple, yet effective and another village will remember me forever as the hero who delivered them from the monthly terror of werewolf attacks." The bell rang and Lockhart got to his feet. "Homework, compose a poem about my defeat of the Wagga Wagga Werewolf! Signed copies of Magical Me to the author of the best one!"

The class began to leave. Harry returned to the back of the room, where Ron, (Y/n) and Hermione were waiting. "Ready?" (Y/n) muttered. "Wait till everyone's gone," said Hermione nervously. "All right..." She approached Lockhart's desk, a piece of paper clutched tightly in her hand, Harry and Ron right behind her. "Er — Professor Lockhart?" Hermione stammered. "I wanted to — to get this book out of the library. Just for background reading." She held out the piece of paper, (Y/n) noticed her hand was shaking slightly. "But the thing is, it's in the Restricted Section of the library, so I need a teacher to sign for it..." Lockhart gave a big sigh and gave a disappointed look towards Hermione. "I'm afraid that no matter how much I want to allow yourselves and my dear students to learn of my valiant tales and adventures, the Headmaster has instructed me that I'm only allowed to give access to the restricted access to Year 7 students." Hermione looked defeated, tearful at Lockhart's answer as he leaned back in his chair, giving Hermione a sort of pity look. (Y/n) clenched his fist, he wasn't going to let Lockhart stop them from finding the heir. He quickly made his way towards Lockhart's desk as he noticed the Professor stumble in his chair as he almost fell out of it.  

"You know Professor, I'm truly disappointed." (Y/n) said looking a little confident to a rather somewhat nervous Lockhart. "Surely someone of your wisdom and intellect would understand that it's essential that the younger generation are taught as much as we can. I recall my father commenting how important education is, it seems to be the general consensus of the elite within the Ministry. In fact, Hermione and I have come to you to learn more of your brave adventures and learn how you defeat countless monsters. I'm sure it would help me understand what you say in Gadding with Ghouls about slow-acting venoms." "Ah, Gadding with Ghouls!" said Lockhart, taking the note from Hermione and smiling with new found confidence and sparkling eyes hoping his name would be spread among the wizarding elite. "Possibly my very favorite book. You enjoyed it?" "Oh, yes," said Hermione eagerly. "So clever, the way you trapped that last one with the tea strainer..."

"Well, I'm sure no one will mind me giving the best student of the year a little extra help," said Lockhart warmly, and he pulled out an enormous peacock quill. "Yes, nice, isn't it?" he said, misreading the revolted look on (Y/n)'s face. "I usually save it for book signings." He scrawled an enormous loopy signature on the note and handed it back to Hermione. "So, Harry," said Lockhart, while Hermione folded the note with fumbling fingers and slipped it into her bag, her cheeks red due to Lockhart's praise. "Tomorrow's the first Quidditch match of the season, I believe? Gryffindor against Slytherin, is it not? I hear you're a useful player. I was a Seeker, too. I was asked to try for the National Squad, but preferred to dedicate my life to the eradication of the Dark Forces. Still, if ever you feel the need for a little private training, don't hesitate to ask. Always happy to pass on my expertise to less able players..." Harry made an indistinct noise in his throat and then hurried off after (Y/n), Ron and Hermione.

"I don't believe it," Harry said as the three of them examined the signature on the note. "He didn't even look at the book we wanted." "That's because he's a brainless git," said Ron, (Y/n) nodded in agreement, he had finally come to the conclusion that Lockhart was quite thick. He had to see for himself if it was people bad mouthing him because Lockhart is not only annoying but also very self pretentious. "But who cares, we've got what we needed—" "He is not a brainless git," said Hermione shrilly as they half ran toward the library, (Y/n) raised an eyebrow, noting that Hermione still had faith in their very empty-headed teacher, possibly due to his charisma and charms. "Just because he said you were the best student of the year !" Ron replied, confused at Hermione's inability to see through the so called Professor.  

They dropped their voices as they entered the muffled stillness of the library. Madam Pince, the librarian, was a thin, irritable woman who looked like an underfed vulture. "Moste Potente Potions?" she repeated suspiciously, trying to take the note from Hermione, but Hermione wouldn't let go. "I was wondering if I could keep it," she said breathlessly. "Oh, come on," said Ron, wrenching it from her grasp and thrusting it at Madam Pince. "We'll get you another autograph. Lockhart will sign anything if it stands still long enough." (Y/n) snickered, wondering how blind Hermione was towards there seemingly thick teacher. Madam Pince held the note up to the light, as though determined to detect a forgery, but it passed the test. She stalked away between the lofty shelves with the Magical Quartet behind her in a huddle, the guardian of the library would occasionally look behind her, eying down the four nervous looking students. As they were following Madam Pince throughout the labyrinth that is the library, (Y/n) stopped. He felt something. He had felt it before. It was if his entire body was internally screaming. He was drawn to something. He was drawn to another book. (Y/n) turned to Ron and whispered to him "Ron, you cause a distraction and I'll do your potions homework for a week." Ron turned to him and whispered back. "Two weeks and it's a deal." He replied. (Y/n) shook his head, and open his leather satchel making room, ready to ahem relocate a book. Ron suddenly stepped out in front of Madam Pince and stopped her in place waving about. "I'm sorry!" Ron exclaimed. Everyone looked at him confused. (Y/n) took the chance to delicately lift and slide the book out of the shelf. "I know that my family has a terrible record of returning books. I know that older brother's the twins have caused damage and pulled countless pranks in the library. I'm sorry that you have had to put up with their shenanigans but I swear on Merlin I'll make sure that you won't have to worry about any Weasley's ruining the library!" Ron cried, on his knees. (Y/n) was impressed, he thought Ron could take up acting lessons. (Y/n) had a quick look at the cover of the old, heavy leatherbound book. 

(Y/n) felt a strong tingle throughout his entire body, his hands and fingers had pins and needles. He stuffed it in his leather satchel, looking back up to see that everyone else still had their attention on Ron. He had gotten away with it, for now. He knew it wouldn't be long before he was confronted by Dumbledore for borrowing another book from the restricted section without permission. Madam Prince turned to her right and picked a large and moldy-looking book. Hermione put it carefully into her bag and they left, trying not to walk too quickly or in (Y/n)'s case look too guilty.

Ten minutes later, they were barricaded in Moaning Myrtle's out-of-order bathroom once again. Hermione had overridden Ron's objections by pointing out that it was the last place anyone in their right minds would go, so they were guaranteed some privacy. Moaning Myrtle was crying noisily in her stall, but they were ignoring her, and she them. Hermione opened Moste Potente Potions carefully, and the three of them bent over the damp spotted pages. It was clear from a glance why it belonged in the Restricted Section. Some of the potions had effects almost too gruesome to think about, and there were some very unpleasant illustrations, which included a man who seemed to have been turned inside out and a witch sprouting several extra pairs of arms out of her head. "Here it is," said Hermione excitedly as she found the page headed The Polyjuice Potion. It was decorated with drawings of people halfway through transforming into other people. (Y/n) sincerely hoped the artist had imagined the looks of intense pain on their faces, he wasn't particularly excited to try the Polyjuice potion anytime soon. "This is the most complicated potion I've ever seen," said Hermione as they scanned the recipe. "Lacewing flies, leeches, fluxweed, and knotgrass," she murmured, running her finger down the list of ingredients. "Well, they're easy enough, they're in the student store cupboard, we can help ourselves... Oooh, look, powdered horn of a bicorn, don't know where we're going to get that, shredded skin of a boomslang, that'll be tricky, too and of course a bit of whoever we want to change into." "Excuse me?" said Ron sharply. "What d'you mean, a bit of whoever we're changing into? I'm drinking nothing with Crabbe's toenails in it —" Hermione continued as though she hadn't heard him. "We don't have to worry about that yet, though, because we add those bits last..." Ron turned, speechless, to a worried Harry. "Do you realize how much we're going to have to steal, Hermione? Shredded skin of a boomslang, that's definitely not in the students' cupboard. What're we going to do, break into Snape's private stores? I don't know if this is a good idea..." Harry exclaimed. Hermione shut the book with a snap. "Well, if you three are going to chicken out, fine," she said. There were bright pink patches on her cheeks and her eyes were brighter than usual. "I don't want to break rules, you know. I think threatening Muggle-borns is far worse than brewing up a difficult potion. But if you don't want to find out if it's Malfoy, I'll go straight to Madam Pince now and hand the book back in." "I never thought I'd see the day when you'd be persuading us to break rules," said (Y/n). "Maybe I'm rubbing off you a little too easy..." he muttered as Hermione's cheeks flushed from a rose pink to a scarlet red. "How long will it take to make, anyway?" said Harry as Hermione, looking calmer, opened the book again. "Well, since the fluxweed has got to be picked at the full moon and the lacewings have got to be stewed for twenty-one days... I'd say it'd be ready in about a month, if we can get all the ingredients." "A month?" said Ron. "Malfoy could have attacked half the Muggle-borns in the school by then!" But Hermione's eyes narrowed dangerously again, and he added swiftly, "But it's the best plan we've got, so full steam ahead, I say."

(Y/n)'s attention switched to his leather satchel as he had an idea. He reached for it, and retrieved the mysterious book that he borrowed  from the library. "Maybe this can help." (Y/n) exclaimed, causing everyone to look at him. "Where did you get that, looks quite old?" Hermione asked. Harry's eyes bulged, Dumbledore mentioned to him at the end of last year that (Y/n) had borrowed a book from the restricted section of the library. Harry had the feeling that (Y/n) had done it again, he gulped hoping that (Y/n) would come up with a good story. Unfortunately, (Y/n) didn't think of answer as he watched Hermione's shock set in. "No....No! You didn't!!! That's why Ron acted strange in front of Madam Pince!" Hermione yelled as she jumped in disbelief. "I thought you would have learnt from last time!" Harry exclaimed. Harry could have sworn he heard Hermione's jaw drop as (Y/n) was giving him a death stare. "W-what do you mean by last time Harry?" Hermione growled. "Uuuhhh...." Harry mumbled. "Look you said it yourself, sometimes we have to break the rules to uncover things." (Y/n) explained, grabbing Hermione by the shoulders, trying to calm her. (Y/n) stared into her eyes, "I promise I'll explain this to you, all of you. Just not right now, this potion is our priority." Hermione was breathless, she couldn't be mad at him, she could never be mad at him for some reason. She gave a timid nod and muttered "O-ok" with her cheeks flushing. Hermione directed her attention to (Y/n)'s mysterious book, picking it up and examining the cover. "I don't think this will be any use to you..." she said. "Why?" (Y/n) asked. "Because its book about destructive wandless magic, I've seen the symbol in our History of Magic Class . I'm sure you know that no-one alive can practice wandless magic. From what I've read, it's a lost art and requires a lot of power." Hermione explained

"It's not fair..." Ron whispered to Harry. "When she's mad at me, books are thrown and I've got a giant bruise on my head. With (Y/n), she sort've just stares at him!" Ron explained as a small smile formed on Harry's face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.3M 379K 66
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!
271K 7.8K 133
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."
26.9K 1.2K 34
Rihanna is a high school girl about to graduate when she meet the don will they live happily or will they argue all the time.........
46.8K 2.7K 65
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...