go go squid : One Shots

By sbeueisdbsibd

One shots about the show, read the beginning of each chapter for summery since all the chapters are different... More

the cafe rewriting
adulting
the blind date rewriting
blind date part 2

adulting 2

598 16 2
By sbeueisdbsibd

Hello! I know not many people read this book but I still had a request to update so I'll try to add some more chapters soon! I have hurt my hand and can't really write a lot at the moment, actually, I shouldn't be writing at all for recovery so please wait a bit and the updates will come later on! I have a lot of ideas, I'm just physically restricted right now.
Thank you for understanding and enjoy the story!

_______________

The relaxing breakfast was a nice change of pace from the slightly dramatic and intense morning the couple had, especially Tong Nian, who had been entirely unprepared for the conversation. Waking up to it had actually given her anxiety, especially since she still didn't know how Gun would react when he found out the whole story, but she tried to take all those thoughts out of her mind. 
She focused on the steam of the hot coffee and the toasted smell which accompanied it. She usually ate breakfast by herself or with the boys, and usually was also the one to make the food for herself so waiting and enjoying her morning coffee while her husband cooked eggs and toasted the bread felt like a luxury. 
 She smiled as he plated all their food, and placed it in front of her. 

"You should drink juice instead of having coffee" 

"it doesn't taste as good" 

"but it's better for you," Gun said, taking a bite of his egg. 

Tong Nian chuckled before replying "says you. you shouldn't lecture me on eating better considering your diet" 
Before Gun had a chance to respond, however, a chorus of 'good mornings' come as the boys walked into the eating area. They had finally woken up. The boys were gamers after all and did end up like the stereotype in that they stayed up late and woke up slightly late because of this. 

"sister-in-law!" Demo said with a bit too much enthusiasm that Gun could handle in the morning "are you feeling better?" 

"I'm fine, you guys just worry for no reason" Tong Nian answer smiling brightly at them. Gun also smiled though it was a much subtler smile than the one his wife had, he was happy about how close the two major parts of his life were. The boys had genuinely started to care for Tong Nian before even he, Gun himself had. 

"boss, no work today?" grunt asked

"I have work. I have to work on you all, to see how much you all have been lazing around while I was gone" 

A slew of complaints came started from this comment "we didn't" 

"We practiced hard" 

"Captain wouldn't even let us" 

"yea, you should have more faith in us boss" 

Gun waited patiently until they were finished before replying coldly "okay then, we can have a match against me later. see if you are lying" 

This shut everyone up effectively and multiple groans could be heard as the group enjoyed the rest of their breakfast in peace. 
The boys, however, were very happy to see their sister-in-law happy, She spoke to them in her usual cheery voice again and also made all of the coffee. 
The rest of breakfast ended uneventfully and soon after everyone had started to clear out. Gun wasn't sure how to approach Tong Nian again, seeing her cry had really scared him, he didn't want to make her day off a bad experience. Not to mention the fact that they were spending so little time together, that the only time they were together being bad seemed like a form of torture. 

"How about we go out this evening?" He asked, casually, wanting to do something together since he had the chance. He also took this time to clean up after both their and the kids mess from breakfast and Tong Nian started to help. 

"oh, I can't," Tong Nian said, pouting. 

"oh?"

"yea, I didn't know you'd have a day off, so I planned to get some work done for my online stuff. I have a photoshoot to attend and I have to finish editing a recording session. I can edit later but the shoot needs to be done today... it's for a headphone brand I'm partnered to" Tong Nian explained. Gun had honestly forgotten that he was dating a popular inter star, she made so little fuss about it but she was one of the biggest digital content creators in china and she partnered with many brands. 
She's even busier and working harder than I thought, yet I'm the one with no time Gun thought, feeling down about both forgetting and the fact that they wouldn't be able to spend some time together. 

"that's okay. then how about we do something else?" He asked, "I just have some paperwork but it can be done anytime, so when are you free?" 

"I'm free anytime before 3" the little squid answered, placing the final clean dish back to its spot with a smile. 

"hmmm... how about we have a late dinner and movie? instead of the restaurant?" Tong Nina suggested and Gun happily agreed since it worked with their schedules. 

"Okay then, movie night it is" 

Tong Nian went upstairs and started cleaning their room and doing the chores which needed to get done while Gun stayed downstairs with the boys, keeping his promise to check their progress. The day passed away quickly after that, both of them either working on things together or separately. Then came the must waited match of the team against their boss, Tong nian not wanting to miss her husband in action joined them.
One by one each player went and somehow Gun won them all, Tong Nina never really understood how he managed to win all of them but it did amaze her every time.

"Is playing against you even fair boss?"

"Yea, we never win"

"Boss you're too good"
As the boys praised their boss on his wins. Then seeing the happy couple they finally asked about Tong nian. They again did not have the courage to speak and as such made their captain become their spokes person, much to his disappointment.

Tong nian explained that she hadn't really found a solution but she was thinking about just deleting the code.

"What do you mean?" Gun asked, losing his cool easily at being left out of his wife's life while everyone else knew.
Everyone except Gun understood and Gun was very displeased, so Tong nian quickly explained how her boss had stolen her code.

"Someone was bullying you? Why didn't you tell me..."

"I was going to.... we were gonna talk later"

A awkward pause settled on the group but was quickly ignored when Demo again asked how her simply deleting the code would help.

"It's on my computer" Tong nian explained simply but seeing their confused faces continued " he gets aceess to it from my work laptop, he has digital access to all the laptops of people who are in projects under him"

"He doesn't actually have the file? Just has access to it?" Grunt asked, grinning.

Tong nian nodded, pouting in her usual manner, not understanding the plan forming in grunts mind.
Grunt suddenly screamed "I'VE GOT IT"

Everyone, reasonably started at him in a mixture of confusion and shocked.

"Got what?? How boss always wins?"

"No! Not that, Sister-in-law what if we messed up the code? If he is using the same file it'll make for a very goid revenge" He explained, grinning in a very evil manner, something that Tong Nian found both adorable and yet slightly scary.

Gun on the other had got to thinking, he knew the idea was actually good, making the system not work in a presentation would have the boss lose face and his abilities would be questioned and since Tong Nian was the one to make the code she would obviously know all the bugs that existed beforehand, she just needed to change the new version with a old one.

"It's not a bad idea..."

And so the masterminds started to plan, telling Tong Nian exactly how she should get her revenge, but she wasn't really focused on the revenge. Though it would feel great to have the revenge, at that moment all she could think about was how happy she was to be surrounded by the people she had in her life. The boys and her husband took care of her in many ways and they all looked out of each other, making Tong nian feel like someone always had her back.

She was a true princess and she had a team full of knights taking care of her.

_______
Sorry if there's any mistakes... like I said I can't properly type right now but hope you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

476K 25.8K 17
LEE CHAN (markhyuck) PARK JIRO (chensung) ━━┅ everyone ships them, except for jiro. 🌼 𝙖 𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙥 🌼 𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙜𝙞𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙚
16.4K 671 7
a story of zhanghao and hanbin throughout the show, or how they go from strangers to best friends and end up as lovers. also on ao3!
292K 17.3K 35
"If you ever dare to tell anyone about this, I'll kill you, understood?!" Jisung mysteriously travels back in time and is confronted with a completel...
50.8K 1.4K 184
I have been reading a lot of Seventeen Zodiac books lately so i decided to create my own Started: 2 July, 2020 Ended: August 19, 2020