'It's Only Forever' *Labyrint...

By _WickedStories_

Sarah Williams was the first and only friend Franklin Hartford ever made when she moved to a new town to live... More

Characters !
Playlist
Into The Labyrinth We Go
Prologue
0. The Owl Flys Ahead
1. Goblins And Their King
2. Monsters Claim The Dark
3. Thing After Thing
4. Jareth The Watcher
5. Separation Really Does Kill
6. A Hidden Scheme Awaits
7. A Wish Of Luck
9. Dancing With Magic
10. Feelings Get In The Way
11. Lancelot The Almighty
12. So The Fight Begins
13. War Is Upon Them All
14. Welcome Home Franky
Epilogue

8. Greet Death Himself

74 6 4
By _WickedStories_

( WARNING: Difficult Chapter Ahead! )

     It only took a few moments to collect myself. I've been standing at the forest entrance, staring out in blind wonder. Cold wind breezes in my direction. I can't control the convulsive shiver that rattles my skin.

     My feet have been almost glued to the start of the dark pebbled path. I know I must go on and meet whatever is waiting ahead. Deep down I know this is what I meant to do.

     Not for Jareth or for Sarah. I need to do this for me. I can't think of any other reason.

     "Just go ahead, Franklin." It sounds ridiculous to talk to myself out loud. I tend to do that every once in a while. As a way to motivate and push myself forward. I always do that before going out on stage.

     There isn't time to grasp that I've started to move. Even as I look back the wall and arch have closed shut. Ivy plants have covered every inch of the outside. I'm still inside the labyrinth, the most dangerous part of it.

     No girl before me has even made it this far. Though Jareth still never told me the reason for all of this, it all must have been the most important.

     "No way to get out of this one, I hope I make you proud, Goblin King. Note the sarcasm." Gosh, I don't even know why I opened my mouth.

     He is probably sitting on that throne with Toby on his lap watching me make a fool out of myself through a crystal ball. I need to get him out of my head so I can concentrate on the task at hand.

     This place would be nice and peaceful with just a little more light. The only source is coming from the full moon. Only an hour ago the sun was shining bright. I'm in no position to complain about the drastic change in lighting.

     The trees glisten with bronze sap. Makes me think of syrup and pancakes. With that thought, my stomach grumbled loudly. If I get out of this I better be treated with snacks. After all, I worked pretty damn hard to be at this point. My arm was almost pulled off too.

     There is a certain smell in the damp air, maybe salt. I'm not certain. It's calming in a sleepy way. All I see are trees and greenish mist. Nothing scary or dangerous looking.

     What am I supposed to face?

     A quick snap of a branch echoed throughout the woods. I stumbled slightly from the surprise. Everything has become still. The winds have died down as well.

     I guess it's show time for the final beast to take me down.

~~~

     Jareth couldn't believe he let his guard down to kiss the girl. Absolutely horrendous. What in the hell has gotten into him? There was such an urge to bring some comfort to the situation. There was nothing else to think of at the moment.

     It did bring great pleasure that he left her there with hope. Maybe that was what the kiss had been for. The reason will become clear with time.

     Since the first task, he can't help but worry for her. There is no proper explanation as to why he can't get Franklin out of his head. Could it be that he... cared for her?

     Even now as he watches her movements in the crystal ball, his heart is beating fast. It's beating fast out of fear. He has no clue what will happen there. The king has been forbidden to aid whoever is taking on the deadly tasks.

     His own rule, unfortunately.

     "She will make it out alive, I promise you that." Trandalin doesn't sound very sure. He wasn't watching the girl as the king is.

     The goblin is staring ahead at the labyrinth wall, wondering what will meet her inside.

     "Maybe not in one piece." There Jareth goes again. Having that constant feeling present in his chest. It would have been so simple if that woman told them who the girl would be in the first place. That would have saved them all the trouble.

     "I need her to be the one." The Goblin King sounded almost hopeful in this. He has never seen such potential in a candidate before her. Before precious Franky.

     This is a strange day indeed.

~~~

      I watch a shadow come out from behind a tree that's only a few feet away. At first, it looks like a man. Then it keeps coming closer and closer. I backed away however it wasn't from fear.

     The hidden creature steps into a stream of moonlight. A gasp leaves me at once.

     It's not a random person or beast. It's as if I'm looking into a mirror. Whatever it appears to be me. Except fully intact and not covered in dried monster blood.

     "Don't be afraid." Well, there is another difference I spot. We don't have the same voice at all. It is more scratchy. Kind of sounds like it has a cold or soar throat.

     "How can I be afraid of something that looks like me?" I'm being honest with my words. I don't understand how this will go.

     "That is why my child, I am the very image that you most desire to see." This makes no sense. It must be a riddle of sorts. I'll get to the bottom of it with or without a fight.

     "And why would I want to see myself?" How can any of this be a test? What is this?

     My double chuckled and shook its head. Its eyes were not my chocolate ones but a sinister purple. Gives me a feverish tug at my heart.

     The powerful being in front stopped the sweet act. Now there is a wide grin on its face. So large that it takes over and practically split the cheeks. That I could never do. Something in this test seems flawed.

     This thing is not the only beast waiting for me here. I was not wrong. I will die here and it will be nothing compared to what I've pictured since the first step I took in this beautiful labyrinth.

     "I am what you must desire within yourself, I am the perfect you."

~~~

     "Wait, this isn't right" The king had watched the unknown beast come to Franklin. It was startling to see the resemblance. Whatever it is, it's not supposed to be there.

     He had ordered those damn guards to lure a monstrous mole rat into the forest. That was supposed to be the last task. Someone has taken everything into their own hands.

     Jareth then spotted a few pairs of yellow eyes around them in bushes and trees. Franklin's double has brought friends into the mix. His blood is now boiling out of pure rage. 

     This is not fair! Oh, now he sounds like Sarah!

     He will get this thing out of his kingdom. Jareth will save Franklin before she gets hurt.

     "Trandalin, send for the army. We are getting this wall down now!"

~~~

     "There is no such thing as the 'perfect me'." I actually did air quotes with my sore fingers. Whatever the plan is, I will not fall for it. I'm not some stupid girl.

     Hisses and growls blasted everywhere. They are so loud I have to cover my ears. The noise is too much. I collapse onto the path and cry out for them to stop.

     "But there can be, Franklin. You just have to let me into your heart." The thing came up to me. I see the red overalls, so nice and clean. I appear as a mess compared to this, to her. This is a cruel joke. Much worse than the last two tests.

     "I can grant you the confidence to stand up for yourself. Give you the ability to sense the weak from the strong. I can make you a powerful woman, Franklin." No matter what it says. I refuse to listen.

     "The king of these lands may have pushed you for his own gain but I can help get the revenge you seek." The words flow right in my ear and out the other.

     I don't really consider anything whilst trying to break free of this loud torment.

     "Enough!" My body double called out to the hidden creatures in the woods. In an instant, the noise is all gone. But they left me with a massive headache. I'm tired of this place.

     "I don't care for petty revenge on someone who has done nothing to me!" I cried out when the thing bent over to touch my slashed shoulder. I fall back onto the ground and look up into its eyes.

     "I've watched you from the minute you were brought here. He has done everything to hurt you!" I'm getting the feeling that these accusations have nothing to do with me being perfect. Whatever she may be, she must know Jareth.

     "I'm here to find my friends, not talk about your personal issues with my king." I didn't mean to say that. Jareth is not my king. It just came out with all this frustration. When will this ever be over?

     "You are not seeing the big picture, my child." Then the monster with my face suddenly started to shake madly. It fell to the ground and bright lights started to shoot out of its body. I am stunned at the sight.

     There is enough light for me to see what's happening to it. Slabs of pale skin shed away to reveal an inner layer in the color of blue. Spikes emerge from everywhere making the clothes rip away. A sick desire to get closer and watch this eats away at my chest.

     A great cry flew from its now deep red lips. Sharp teeth filled the mouth. Wings that are around ten feet in span flapped as it goes on their knees. Those purple eyes find mine.

     "I'm done talking. Time to eat!" A heavy growl charged the savage atmosphere.

     "Holy shit."

     Just when the horrible-looking Fairy-type thing stood up to tower over me, a loud crack exploded behind us. I twisted around to find the wall of the labyrinth destroyed. Jareth stands at the newly found opening with a terrible frown. If he is here it must mean this wasn't supposed to go down.

     "So the selfish king finally decides to show his face?" The winged female laughed bitterly. Quickly forgetting I'm mere inches away from her. I take this chance to scoot away and off the path.

     There is nothing standing in their way. The blonde man stepped over the broken bricks. Getting a closer look at the fiend. The corner of his lips lifted slightly. I know that smirk. Shit is about to go down.

     "Another puppet from the nasty woman who wants to destroy me, what a pity." He doesn't appear to be fazed at her presence. At least I think it's a her. I can't really tell with the different anatomy.

     "Come, come Franklin." Without glancing at me, he offered his arm out. I spared no time in rushing over there.

     My grip on his arm is pretty tight. The feeling that fills me now is odd. Warmth spreads over my cheeks when he pushed me behind him. I take one look around and see a few goblin troops surrounding cannons.

     "Take this crystal, I shall see you soon." Quickly, a clear sphere has been placed into my hands. There is guilt running ramped in his eyes. I see it now. He never took joy in watching people die.

     "Jareth-" I then am whisked away to another part of the labyrinth. Away from the king and the fairy creature. I couldn't even say what I wanted. What did I even want to say to him? There will be another chance, I know there will.

     My eyes were clouded over for a split second. It felt like I was flying like a magnificent eagle. I was brought down softly. It didn't take much for my vision to return back.

     Again, I've been brought to another forest. This one, however, is filled with such greenery. The air is thick with pleasant wetness. Tears of joy fill my eyes. He sent me away to a safe place. Suddenly, I wish to thank him even though it was his fault.

     I hear rapid footsteps approaching at great speed. Alarm overwhelms me again. I'm quickly on my feet ready to take on anything. But then something wonderful happens. My friend for many years runs over to me followed by a few odd beings.

     "Oh god, Franklin!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N- I thought the twist in this chapter was a nice surprise. 

Hopefully, yall thought so too!

Comment and vote!

Until the next chapter of ITS ONLY FOREVER............

[ Edited on 4/26/23 ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

506K 35K 37
[BOOK TWO] "Anniversaries to some are like counting the years spent doing something great, years spent together, or years spent alive." I started slo...
22.7K 1.7K 85
"You ungrateful bitch. I keep a roof over your head, and this is the thanks I get?" "You could have killed her," I retort, trying to muster up confid...
3.2K 187 33
Seaquil to Sarahs Return To The Labyrinth Sooner Than You Might Think. Co-written by KatarinaTheSaiyan. I suppose you dont necessarily have to read K...
91.4K 3.7K 51
***This is a Labyrinth Fanfic. I bellieve you will be able to follow the story line even if...