You Asked For This

By funkeejewelry

Go on and be a big girl, you asked for this. More

Easier Than Lying (preface)
You Asked For This
Ya'aburnee
The Tradition

Darling

263 11 0
By funkeejewelry

Finally, the album is done. The press, the music videos, the photoshoots. They've been on tour for about a week now, and Lily is doing well with it. Stevie has been stressed about tonight, though. The Eagles are playing the same venue tomorrow night, and Stevie had agreed to let Don see Lily. She's had the papers drawn up for him to sign away his parental rights.

Lindsey and Stevie are in her dressing room with Lily and Lori.

"Come in," Stevie calls when there's a knock on the dressing room door.

Don smiles politely as he enters, sitting in Stevie's makeup chair.

"Hey," He says. Stevie doesn't miss the look he shoots between her and Lindsey.

"Hi," Stevie says. Lily looks up, noticing Don for the first time. She climbs up into Stevie's lap, peeking at Don curiously.

"Are you my dad?" Lily asks. Don nods. Lily looks up at Stevie and Lindsey.

"What about Lindsey? Is he my dad?"

"No, baby, he's not," Stevie says, stroking Lily's hair.

"Then how come he puts me to bed at night? And fixes my boo boos?"

"Because he loves you," Stevie sighs.

"How come he's not my dad?" Lily questions.

"That's just not how it works, my love."

"But I don't know him," Lilt says, pointing at Don.

"I know you don't," Stevie says. "Linds, Lori, can you please take her to get a snack?"

"Of course," Lindsey smiles, kissing her temple quickly, carrying Lily on his hip.

Once they're alone, Don drops his head into his hands.

"Don't act offended. This is your fault," Stevie says, rummaging through her purse for the papers. She tosses them to him, crossing her arms.

"Stevie, are you fucking serious?"

"If you feel anything at all for that little girl, you'll do it. Let her have a chance at having a father. And don't start with me, because it's very clear to me that you're still not ready to step up and be what she needs. Just sign the damn papers," Stevie says. She's at her limit. She's tired of being scared of the next move Don will try to make.

Without any argument, he signs them.

"Thank you," Stevie says, looking down at the papers.

"I'm gonna head out. Is it alright if I say goodbye to her?"

"Yeah. Don, I don't want to cut you off from her completely. I just want her to have something more permanent."

"If Lindsey can be that, I'm happy for you. I would like to see her more."

"Maybe we can figure that out."

Don nods, lingering by the door.

"Stevie?"

She turns to look at him.

"Have a good show tonight."

Stevie nods, sobbing the second he's out the door. She can't believe he signed the papers so easily.

Lindsey comes in, sitting beside her.

"What happened?"

"He signed them," She sniffles.

"That's great!"

She nods, resting her head on his shoulder.

"It's so good. He finally did something for her."

Lindsey nods.

"Hate to break up the moment," Lori says, "But you're on in 30 so you need to fix your makeup."

Stevie sniffles, dabbing her tears away with a tissue. Lindsey plays with Lily while Stevie finishes getting ready.

Lori pulls Stevie aside for a moment.

"I'll keep Lily in my room tonight. You and Lindsey should go out."

"Lori, you don-"

"Shh, yes. Go out. Celebrate, Stevie. You deserve it."

"Thank you," Stevie smiles, hugging Lori tightly. Stevie and Lindsey hug Lily and Lori takes her back to the hotel. Stevie stands with Lindsey on the side of the stage, waiting for the cue to go on.

"Lori is keeping Lil tonight. She wants us to go out."

"Really?"

Stevie nods.

"We'll find somewhere to go to dinner," Lindsey smiles, kissing Stevie quickly before they are shoved on to stage.

The show goes great, and they're both still buzzing as they change.

Lindsey calls them a car and they find a restaurant that's still open.

"This is nice," Stevie smiles, sipping her wine. "We haven't been able to do this for a long time."

Lindsey smiles, taking her hand across the table.

They head back to the hotel when they're done.

"I'm gonna shower," Stevie yawns.

"Can I join you?" Lindsey asks, placing his hands on her waist, leaning down to kiss her. She nods, locking her arms around his neck.

"You better behave, or I won't let you touch me for the rest of the night."

Lindsey chuckles, leaning down to kiss her again.

"I'm serious!"

"Yes, ma'am."

They shower, and she only has to bat his hands away a few times.

Lindsey is laying on the bed, flipping through the channels on the TV while Stevie does her skin care routine. She blow dries her hair, then mixes a couple of essential oils with her lotion and rubs it into her skin. She slides her robe off her shoulders and pulls her black silk nightgown over her head. Lindsey looks up and smiles when Stevie steps out of the bathroom.

She takes the remote form him, turning off the TV. She tosses the remote on the nightstand, straddling his lap. He sits up, brushing her hair away from her neck.

"You're so beautiful, Steph," He says softly, kissing along her neck. She rests one hand on the back of his neck, the other curling around his bicep.

He slowly works his way to the spot below her ear that he knows will drive her wild. She gasps, her head falling back.

"Linds, it's been a really long time for me," She says, pulling his shirt over his head.

"We don't-"

"No, I want to," She says, tracing her finger lightly over his lips. "I just don't want to disappoint you."

"You could never disappoint me," He smiles, flipping them over. He rests his hand on her hips, leaning down to kiss her passionately. She wraps her legs around his waist, her hand sliding over his back.

"Make love to me, Lindsey."

He does. It's so beautiful that she cries.

"I love you," She says softly, her head resting on his chest.

"I love you, too," He smiles, running his hand lightly over her side.

"You have made me feel strong enough. I'm confident in my songs. You've helped me be a better mother. Everything finally feels like it's falling into place. It's because of you, Linds."

He presses a kiss to the top of her head.

"I love you, Stevie. I would do anything for you."

"I know," She smiles, her eyes falling shut as he plays with her hair.

They wake up, a tangled mess of limbs. Lindsey slips out of bed, calling his contractor from the other room. He wants to make sure the house will be done by the time the tour is finished.

Stevie gets dressed and ready for the day, kissing Lindsey before heading down the hall to pick up Lily. She's still sleeping, so Stevie carries her back. Lindsey is dressed and ordering breakfast for them when Stevie lays Lily in the middle of the bed.

"Are you alright?" Lindsey asks softly. Stevie nods, flipping through the movies on TV.

"Angel, what's wrong?"

Stevie looks over at him.

"I'm done after this tour. Last night, I realized that being at home with Lily wasn't what made me so unhappy. I was unhappy doing it by myself. I missed being in the studio, but I didn't miss touring."

"I'll support whatever you want to do, Stevie. I'm not opposed to a break."

"You don't have to put your career on hold for me. I just... I'm happy."

"I'm happy too," He smiles. "I want to be there with you. I want to be there for her first day of school. I want to be there when she picks up a guitar and asks you to teach her how to play it. I'm not willing to miss out on any more time with you."

"Well, I think you'll be the one she asks for guitar lessons," Stevie laughs. Lindsey shakes his head, chuckling.

Lily wakes up when breakfast arrives.

"Mama, do you sing today?"

"Not today, but we have to get you showered and dressed because we have to get on an airplane," Stevie says.

"Where are we going?" She asks.

"Uh," Stevie fumbles, looking at Lindsey.

"New York," He supplies.

"Oh," Stevie smiles. "I love New York."

Lily puts up no fuss when Stevie gives her a bath and gets her dressed. Lindsey packs their things. Lori rounds them up, and they're on the way to the airport.

Upon landing in New York, Stevie and Lily are entranced by the buildings they pass on the way to the hotel.

"Wow. Everything is so tall, mama," Lily says, looking up at Stevie.

"I know! It's so cool!"

Lindsey smiles, wrapping his arm around Stevie's shoulders, Lily sitting between them. He feels whole. For the first time in his life, he feels like things are going good.

That night after Lily is asleep on the pull out couch in the suite, Lindsey crawls into bed beside Stevie.

"Did she go down alright?" She asks, setting her glasses down on top of her book on the night stand. Lily had insisted Lindsey be the one to put her to bed.

"Yeah. Perfect."

He looks like he wants to say more, and Stevie rests her hand on the back of his head, pulling his attention to her.

"What is it?"

"It's almost her birthday," Lindsey says. Stevie nods. "What if I... adopted her."

Stevie is blinded by her tears immediately. She kisses Lindsey hard, resting her forehead against his.

"Talk to me, Steph," He says quietly, rubbing his thumb lightly over her wrist.

She can only nod, muffling her sobs against his shoulder. Him even wanting to be a part of their lives is telling, and this is solidifying to her. He wants to be there with her through the ups and downs. He wants to be a father to Lily. He wants them.

"That's perfect, Lindsey," She sniffles, kissing him again.

"Yeah?" He asks, his eyes misting over. She wants him. She wants him in her life forever. That's what this is telling him. She wants him to be a father to Lily, permanently. Legally. She wants him around.

"Yes," She smiles, wrapping her arms tightly around him.

"Thank you," He whispers, resting his head on her shoulder as he cries. "Thank you, Angel."

"I love you, Lindsey. I'm not letting go of you again."

"I wouldn't dream of it," He says softly, pressing a soft kiss to the side of her neck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 537 16
2013 - ...
18.6K 532 21
1987.
22.3K 845 20
Mid 80s. Lindsey decides to quit the band and Stevie doesn't take it very lightly.
28.4K 674 18
Stevie and Lindsey 2014. Old rockers take what they want, but are they getting too complacent?