Ya'aburnee

Stevie is rushing around the house, making sure she has everything ready. She's packed her demos, and far too many clothes. Lily picked out her favorite toys and books to bring along. Stevie isn't sure how long the recording process will take, but she's determined to make it as short as possible.

They're at the airport before she even realizes it. Lindsey is waiting at the stairs for them. Despite the shift in her schedule, from having a child, she still manages to be the last one there.

"This whole airplane is for us?" Lily asks in amazement as they walk up. Stevie shifts her to her other hip and laughs.

"Yes it is," Stevie answers, giving Lindsey a hug before boarding. She gets Lily situated in her seat, Lindsey sitting a row in front of them.

A few hours after they take off, Lily crawls into Stevie's lap and falls asleep. Lindsey takes his opportunity to sit next to Stevie. She has her seat reclined and has a blanket over her and Lily.

"She looks comfortable," Lindsey smiles, seeing Lily sleeping peacefully on her mother.

"I hope she is. She's kneeling on my hip bone," Stevie jokes, adjusting Lily slightly.

"How could he just walk away?" Lindsey whispers, shaking his head.

"He made his decision. I don't care. We're fine without him," Stevie says, stroking Lily's hair.

"I know. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Linds. I don't care anymore. The second I held her for the first time, it was just the two of us. Nothing else mattered. I'll stand by that until the day I die."

"I'm proud of you for doing this on your own. I know it hasn't been easy."

Stevie blinks back her tears.

"Thank you."

"Please don't cry. I didn't mean to make you cry."

"I know," She giggles, wiping at her eyes. "No one has ever told me that before."

"Well, I'm proud of you."

"Where's Carol?" Stevie asks. Not that she's devastated that she's not here, but she's desperate to change the subject.

"She's... we broke up."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"No you're not," He laughs, nudging her leg gently.

"I am. I'm not gonna miss her, or anything," Stevie laughs, "But I'm sorry you broke up."

He shrugs.

"It was mutual. I knew I was going to have to focus on this more, and we were on our last leg anyways. And now, I can be here for you and Lily."

"Lindsey-"

"I want to help you out, Steph. You've been doing it on your own all this time. Let me help you," He says, practically begging her.

"You don't-"

"Stevie."

"Okay," She caves, for no other reason than to stop his pleading. Looking at him, pleading with her, reminds her too much of their breakup.

"You should get some sleep," He says, reclining his seat. Wordlessly, she scoots closer to him and drapes the blanket across his lap. He opens his arm, and she rests her head on his chest. Lily stirs and drapes herself across both of them.

"Sorry," Stevie mumbles, already drifting off. The stress from trying to get everything ready for the trip is taking it's toll on her.

"She's fine," Lindsey says softly, smiling at the two girls passed out on him.