Adelia āœŽ

By thevibexz

[ONGOING] "What would you do if I die?" "Die." "Oh you would die?" I mumble and he nods giving me a small s... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
epilogue

09

10.3K 280 243
By thevibexz

♥*♡∞:。.。  。.。:∞♡*♥
zeke

"Really?" she asks me.

I nod. I don't like anyone cooking with me, but for some reason, my voice wouldn't allow me to decline. Fuck.

"Uh, never mind, I don't know how to cook." She hesitantly tells me. I tense my shoulders, the worry in her voice reminds me of the accident.

I certainly hate that type of tone.

"Do you want me to teach you?" Her eyes brighten, that smile of hers hit me like the ray of sunlight. I stood there clear-headed.

"You okay?" she asks quickly, rushing over to me. I cleared my throat and nodded.

Stupid fucker Ezekiel.

She put her hands on my shoulder, bringing me back to reality. "Sorry, they seemed so tense I thought they might hurt." She said happily when I ease my shoulders. "Although, I'm not very sure how tensing something could hurt," she pauses, biting her lip to stifle her laughs.

"Tensing something. That's funny," she pauses, "It might take a long time though. I haven't cooked anything for nearly two years."

Why the fuck not?

"Can we make mac n cheese?" she asks, nearly slipping when she tries to spin around with her socks.

"I heard it's easy to make and I wanted to try it for the first time." She whispers. I clench my jaw, the thought of her not eating irritates me.

I nod my head letting her know we can make mac n cheese. "Thank you," her voice was soft when she spoke to me.

I grabbed a pot and handed it to her. I then began picking out the ingredients from the cabinets to make her some mac n cheese. Ever since mum passed, I always cooked for dad and Kayden. Mum was the one who taught me how to cook, I've picked it up from a young age because of her.

Adelia is the first person I let help me in the kitchen

I made a rule.

No one would help me in the kitchen.

And I clearly messed the fuck up.

I'm learning from that rule and now I'm breaking it. For her.

I hand her the pasta we are going to use; she grabs it smiling excitedly at me. I watch as she follows my instructions. She gets the kettle, her arm wobbling as she lowers it to the pot.

I know she is capable of doing that, but it still frustrated me knowing it could harm her.

"Good?" she asks, and I nod. Her body bounces up and down in anticipation.

"You know my ex boyfriend used to call me Cookie," she blurts, facing me with heated cheeks. "I called him a muffin because I was hungry. Then it was popcicle stick. Then it was sushi. I like food,"

I blink at her. "You had a boyfriend,"

"No," she shrugs.

I raise an eyebrow, "What do you mean? You said your ex boyfriend used to call you Cookie,"

"I was joking, I come up with random things but I did call my dog all those foods though. I couldn't decide on a name, and I like naming animals after food. I named it pickles,"

My lips quirk up slightly and I look away from her to hide it. "What happened to Pickles?"

"He died,"

Oh.

"Oh,"

"Yeah. How unfortunate," she shrugs as if an animal dying is nothing. "He got ran over by a car because we were playing outside, and he ran onto the road. And then boom! Yeah, that was the sound of his body getting r-" I cut her off.

"Shut up,"

She looks up at me, her eyes narrowed. "I'm sorry. I talk a lot. I'm sure you don't want to know about my dead dog and how he died, and once I start talking I never really stop. We should watch all the Marvel movies tonight! Or tomorrow like you insisted. Oh my- I'm talking again. Tell me to shut up,"

"I did,"

She frowns, bringing her hand in front of my face. "I despise you so very much. Potato."

I shake my head and ignore her. I watch carefully as she stirs the macaroni into the boiling water thoroughly. I make the cheese sauce, combining butter and flour. Whisking in milk products.

I cooked the sauce next to her, her elbow brushing past mine, enough to cause goosebumps on my body.

"Does the cheese sauce need to be nice and thick? Is that how you know it's ready?" she murmurs.

I nod, adding in shredded cheeses. "Can I stir it again?" She hesitantly whispers. I look at her, her eyes on the cheese. "The pasta looks firm to the bite. I think it is ready." She says, her eyes drifting to mine. I look at it and nod.

She did an amazing job.

I hand her the utensil and swapped spots with her. She jumps in excitement listening to my instructions while I drained the water from the pot, placing it on the side.

After we made the dish, she helps me get the two bowls. Grabbing cups and filling them up with water and then adding ice.

At one point, she asked Kayden if he wanted to eat some, but he fell asleep on the couch, and she didn't want to wake him up.

I put down our plates on the kitchen island, originally across from each other.

She slides the plate effortlessly to me, walking around the kitchen island. She pulled out the stool next to me and took a seat there.

I don't question her seat change and instead, just watch her movements.

"I think we did a pretty good job." She says biting her lip. I nod, picking up the fork.

She looks at me and then back down at her food. I see the tips of her ears turn red.

Why was she embarrassed?

Instead of asking her why, I chew on my food, ignoring the dinging sound of my phone.

After I took a few bites, I looked at my phone rolling my eyes at the message. I Look at Adelia and finally see her swallowing her food. She let out a squeal.

"This is so good Zeke; I see why everyone likes it. Thank you!" she said happily, looking up at me.

"Thank you for helping," I replied, my voice was low, and my tone was unsteady. I haven't cooked with anyone for ages, I got caught off guard a couple of times looking at her.

I put my phone down ignoring the text I got from Lyndon.

"Who did your tattoos?"

"Lucas,"

"One of your friends?"

"Not my friend?"

Se scrunches her nose, "Sex buddy?"

I glare at her, shaking my head. Absolutely- fucking- not.

"Can you give me a tattoo? I want one saying 'since uh when' if that could be possible,"

I blink at her. "What?"

"Inspirational, I know,"

"I'll see what I can do,"

"I was joking! Maybe when I'm okay with getting something that would stay with me for the rest of life! We should get matching tattoos. You're my only friend so your kinda stuck with me,"

I roll my eyes, "Fuck off,"

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

I finished my plate and looked up at her. She was still chewing her last pieces of food. She lets out a content sigh, rubbing her hands over her stomach.

"That was amazing," She said, getting up from her stool and tucking it in.

She grabs both our plates, walking around the island.

"You don't need to clean the dishes, Adelia," I said firmly. She's a guest here, she should be enjoying her time as she would do at home.

"I want to," she said, using her best strict voice, "Please." She quickly adds.

I nod hesitantly. "I'm sorry for asking," she starts, I watch her movement as she turns on the tap water. "I might need some clothes. If it was comfortable sleeping with this thing I wouldn't ask-" she says but I cut her rambling off.

"Adelia." She smiles sheepishly, taking a breath.

"I'll go get you some clothes."

She nods and turns back to the sink. She grabs dish soap and a sponge.

I walk over to the stairs. Milo meowing stops my tracks. "What do you want, annoying piece of shit."

He just sits there acting all innocent and shit. I swear imma kill this fucker if he doesn't stop staring at me like that.

I walk up the stairs, ignoring Milo's cries, and entered my room. I grasp some grey sweatpants of mine and walk back down.

I figured she has a jacket that would keep her warm for the night. I see her small figure and her little hand waving at me.

Milo strutted towards her. Piece of shit.

"You can change in there," I tell her, and she nods, heading towards the bathroom.

I pick up Kayden and carry him upstairs to his room.

He doesn't remember mum that much and it breaks my heart. She was an amazing woman that loved him so much.

I open his door and walk in, tucking his body into the bed. I close his light and turn around. "Brother." He says and I turn to face him. "Can you tell the pretty girl I said goodnight and I hope she has good dreams," I nodded slowly, clearing my throat.

His eyes shut slowly and I walk out, closing the door behind me.

Adelia sat on the couch, her blonde hair in quick braids and a hoodie covering her head. She's snuggling with Milo on the couch.

That cat stares at me when each step I take. I glare at him and he jumps on the spot.

What kind of pet is that?

She picked up the remote, turning the tv on.

Lowering the volume right away, she says, "Hi!" She was patting the spot next to her. I walk to her and take a seat a little further away from her.

"Thank you again, your family is lovely, and I appreciate you guys letting me stay here for tonight. The food was also incredible so thank you so much for that and-" my voice cut her rambling.

"It's fine."

She nods, picking up the remote and passing it to me. I hear her humming under her breath, the sound slowly putting Milo asleep.

"Do you want to want to go to sleep?" she asks me, and I shake my head. "You had a long day today; I think it's best if you rest." She assumes, her head in the direction of the stairs.

A few sounds of footsteps on the stairs, my dad coming to view. Adelia waves at him.

"Goodnight." He says walking up the stairs.

The noise of rustling and feet stops. I cock my head to look at her, her hands grabbing the blanket Kayden used.

"Is it okay if I use this for tonight?"

I shake my head and she sighs, "that's okay, thank you for letting me use your clothes,"

The clothes she wore earlier was now folded, and placed on the coffee table in front of her, careful to not wake Milo, "I'll be out by the morning." She said to me, walking away and gently placing Milo in his area. She gets a blanket and wraps it around him.

"You don't need to rush," I mumble. I don't want her out of the house before I wake up. I want to see her.

She grabbed her pants while walking back to me, my pants being to big for her. She grabs a spare hair tie from her wrist and ties the back of the sweats.

"Oops, lucky you didn't see anything!" I for sure saw something. She looks at me, her eyes widening, her face starting to get red.

"You saw something didn't you?" she said, covering the hood to her eyes.

"Wanna know what I saw?"

She shakes her head quickly, "I think I already know," She whispers, letting go of the hood and fixing it properly on her head.

"But it looked great. Didn't it?"

"How about you show me properly and then I can decide."

"Another day buddy," her voice was soft, the tips of her ears were red once again.

Her hand covers her face when she takes a seat next to me.

"Movie?" I ask her and she nods.

Her eyes watch me as I pick up the remote and click Netflix.

"What movie?" I ask her, she shakes her head, smiling at me.

"You can choose. But not Spiderman because I need you to be fully awake for the ending!" I nod, browsing through the selections.

Horror it is.

I look at her, she gulps and then nods.

"Lights off or on?"

"On!" she hollers, "uh- we don't want the movie scaring us into shock, you know? Rather safe than sorry," She explains and I nod,

"oh-" I start. I remember what Kayden wanted me to tell her, "Kayden said he wishes you goodnight and hopes you have sweet dreams."

She pouts, her eyes squinting, "He's so sweet, I hope he has the best dreams ever," She whispers, giving me one of her smiles.

The scream startles her. Her body jumps closer to mine as a fucken human popped up on the tv. Why do they add those sound effects when it's not even scary? It's annoying as fuck.

"Zeke?" she whispers, her eyes closed. "I think it's best if you go sleep." I nod slowly as her eyes open. "The night will go quicker, and I'll be out."

I don't want her out.

"Adeli-" she cuts me off. 

"Zeke it is late. You had a very long day I assume, and you might need energy for whatever you are doing tomorrow," She explains, her voice strict.

I look at her, her green eyes looking at her blanket. "Fine."

She looks up at me smiling

"But I don't want you out of the house until I wake up." I lower my voice at her. Her lips curl up into a smile. She nods her head continuously.

Fuck me.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

GUYS, I HAVE A MATHS TMR AND I AM 10000000% FAILING BC I FORGOT EVERYTHING. and when I study I forget even more. Yes. Do not trust me with maths, my memory is horrendous 🦸‍♀️

I hoped you enjoyed this chapter :) I hate this chapter lol, so I do apologise if it's crappy.

This chapter was very short as well. So again, I'm sorry about that.

Drink water and eat. I love u 🤍 You are important and so are your feelings <3

P.S; I am so sorry, this chapter was so cringy.

*not edited*

ITS NEVER EDITED so idek why that's there but i see everyone doing it so yk.

Please vote and comment, it helps me out a lot <3

With love xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 4.6K 47
"I love you" she says and kisses my jaw tenderly. "I love you too baby" I reply stroking her still damp hair. We were sat in a dirty McDonald's car p...
132K 3.3K 39
*SLOWLY BEING EDITED* Zane had a special mission to accomplish. No one could find out that he's undercover. No one. But with those hazel eyes and her...
86.4M 1.9M 47
#1 in Young Adult #9 in Badboy #1 in Cold #3 in Goodgirl #1 in Sweetheart #14 in Love *Currently available at Amazon!!!* He'd never met someone with...
88.8K 3.3K 32
(LOVE'S SPECTRUM BOOK ONE) I've been awake for a few minutes, I'm just lying there loving the feeling of my angel in my arms. I feel her move and her...