Don't Think

By AlejanHamilton212

Young Emily is haunted by what you would least expect, her family. As she grows she has new mysteries and new... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 1

6 0 0
By AlejanHamilton212

Back where it began

I can recall the very first time it happened. We were home alone and he came into the room. I was just 10 years old and he was 12. It was just 2 am. The demon decided to come out of hiding, after being locked away for so long it was time to play. He had this heinous smile on his face and his eyes were wide open but terrifying to me. I sat up in the dark room that was barely lit by the cracked door that he came through. I rubbed my sleepy eyes and looked up at him as he walked up to me. He slowly leaned on the bed and opened his mouth showing his fang like teeth. “Emily he’s dead” he said to me. I knitted my brows in confusion, looking for any clue in his expression that would allow me to understand what he was talking about.

“Who?”I asked him leaning closer and his smile widened as he reached behind his back and pulled out Mr. Giggles my favorite teddy bear. My eyes widened with terror as Mr. Giggles head was no longer attached to his body. I screamed in fright causing him to grip my shoulders pulling me to his chest and wrapped his arms tightly securing me. “I’m sorry, I thought you would have liked it very much” he said. I held back my tears as I was now afraid of what he might do to me. “You won’t tell mom…right?” he asked looking me dead in the eyes. I quickly shook my head and he smiled pleased with my response.

He pulled me back to his body and for some reason I was comfortable in my step- brother’s arms. The way the warmth of his body wrapped around me made me hum and rest my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes and snuggled closer to him when my eyes

burst open and tears ran down from them. My mouth was open but I couldn’t even scream. He released me and looked into my face with a grey look. I looked down at my side and held it as blood oozed from my fresh wound.

He held the knife to his face and licked the blood that dripped from it taunting me with his eyes. I wanted to scream but the pain was too intense for me. I held onto the split that was made in my side and tried to get up, only to be stopped by him. He pushed me down on the bed and I looked at him begging for mercy using my eyes and expression. “WHAT THE!” my mother yelled as she rushed over to me. “Mom she was trying to commit suicide” Alejan said with tears streaming down his brown cheeks. My mother grabbed my arm and threw me over her shoulder racing through the door.

As I looked back all I could see was his smile and wide eyes directed right at me and then darkness used his hands to cover my eyes.

Six years later….

“Emily, get up!” mom yelled from downstairs and I groaned twisting in my bed. “Honey you breathing up there?” she asked and I could hear the seriousness in her voice. If I didn’t answer anytime soon her heart would be running around the house. “In a minute” I said and sat up rubbing my sleepy eyes. I looked up at the door way and shrieked as he stood there with his ankles crossed, he had a mug between his palms, his red hair curled in his face with the sides faded, his black jacket looking crushed on his chest and that heinous smile.

“Get up Emily...you don’t want to be late and you definitely don’t want to make me wait” he said and walked off. I watched the door until I was sure that he was gone and then I raced to the bathroom. In a few minutes I was done and I had to wear what he liked me to wear. I dragged on an aqua mini skirt and a white crop top with some white boots. My reddish-brown straightened hair hugged my face as I grabbed my bag. I ran downstairs and took a seat beside my mother. I avoided eye contact with him as I could feel his intense stare on me. “Are you okay baby?” my mother asked. She does this every morning and I hated it, there was nothing wrong with me…it’s just what he made her believe that bothered me.

We ate silently and then he got up which made me jump to my feet as well. I was terrified even shaking a little. I didn’t want to go with him because he might try something evil again. “Bye mom” he said and hugged her. “Bye…mom” I said as I looked everywhere else but on him and hugged my mom. He took my hand and I flinched but tried my best to remain calm as he dragged me outside. My heart was racing and I couldn’t tell his intentions at all. As we arrived outside he raised my hand and twirled me around slamming my back harshly to the wall. He gripped my throat and I held his hand. “If I catch you talking to any other guys I will eradicate you and make sure you are at my table at lunch…don’t try anything dim-witted beautiful…you might get wounded” he said and released me.

I held my throat coughing and wheezing as he walked to his shiny red car. I followed after and he opened the door for me and I hopped in quickly not keeping up his time. Ever since that night I have lived by his rules. Whatever he wanted I had to do it, it was for the sake of my own life. I told my mother once about the evil that was done unto my body. She thought it was all hallucinations. He never allows me to go anywhere or talk to anyone. It’s like I’m caged by my own brother just because he’s a psychopath.

He looked over at me and smirked as he laid his free hand on my

leg. I held my breath as he pulled over and tried my best not to cry. “Hey… I love you” he said and the tears ran down. He leaned over and kissed my lips which caused me to stiffen. I hated this…I wished it would have been a nightmare at least but it wasn’t he reached his hand out and tucked my hair behind my ear. “I’ll take good care of you” he said and I nodded and he smiled. He pulled back and his smile fell and that devilish look appeared on his face. He looked at me and gripped the back of my head banging it on the dashboard.

I yelled due to the pain that rushed to my head. “I know you don’t believe me” he said. I groaned as I rubbed my forehead and cried. The pain was too much for my weak body to handle. “You should never piss me off Emily. You know that” he said and grabbed my shoulders as he leaned over and kissed my forehead. I remained silent and looked at him as he pulled away from me, his grey eyes glistening in the sun. If only the story behind his eyes were as beautiful as they seemed. I leaned back in my seat as his attention was on the road again. I bit the insides of my cheek as I picture what would happen at school if I missed lunch with him and I have my art work to complete.

A few minutes later and we arrived at school and I hopped out of the car and waited for him to park. He got out catching the attention of all the girls around him and I rolled my eyes. He looked my way and smile as they ran towards him screaming and just being pathetic. I folded my arms and waited for them to finish their mingling. I can’t move until he gives me the permission to. He sent them away and came up to me. I watched his hands as they touched my waist and I closed my eyes for a brief second. I felt when his lips tauntingly touched my ear and I jumped. “If I don’t see you at lunch you will be in trouble young miss” he said and released me. I folded my lips and slowly walked away from him. “Forgetting something?” he asked and I turned to look at him. I walked back up to him and kissed his cheek and then he caught my hand in his. “I love you Emily” he said and I gulped. “I love you too” I said with a tiny smile. It was as if someone

pushed their hand down my throat and pulled those words up. I quickly ran away looking behind me as he stood smiling his same heinous smile.

“Miss Styles” the teacher said sternly calling out to me and my eyes darted towards her. “Which planet did you visit today?” she asked and a thunder of laughter rolled through the class. I sighed and dropped my head on the desk looking outside. Outside was so beautiful. Different color flowers decorated the field and palm trees stood tall at every corner. I saw a dark figure in the woods and I looked even closer. I saw him with a rabbit in his hand and a knife. I closed my eyes knowing exactly what he was about to do. Sure he was a sweet guy, very generous, charming, enthusiastic and honest but…he is a demon, killer a monster that I have lived with ever since the age of 10.

I looked back out towards the woods to see him looking right at me. I gasped and jumped out of my seat quickly. “Miss Styles” the teacher said and everyone was now facing me with goofy looks on their faces. “I…saw a bug” I said and sat down as everyone’s attention was back to the board. “Okay guys your homework is due on Thursday, two days from now. So get it done” she said and the bell went. I sat down trying to think about what to do. I have to get my art work done and I have no idea how to do it. I got up grabbing my bag and headed to the cafeteria. I saw him with his curly hair being twirled by a black haired girl that sat on his lap.

Why do I have to go through this? His head whipped in my direction and he called me over. I took a deep breath in and gripped my bag strap and walked over there. He moved over and I sat down beside him. “Hey aren’t you going to eat?” he asked me as the girl tried pleasuring him. “I’m not hungry A-“I said and he gripped my throat. “Hey don’t you dare say it” he said and I gasped gripping onto his hand to pry his steel grip from my neck. No one really paid attention because this was a regular thing. The table was surrounded with girls that just sat there eating and watching him like hawks. I was

so uncomfortable I didn’t know what to do. I looked at him making out with the girl on his lap and gulped. “Gross”, I said silently as I could hear the sounds. I felt like this was a punishment.

He moved away from her and placed his arms around her. “So girls…anyone going to the party at Jake’s?” he asked. “Yes!” they yelled screaming and laughing. All this girly-ness was killing me. “Awesome” he said and they got up giving us space which was the routine. My shoulders began to hurt as I tensed. He took his hand and threw it over my shoulder pulling me towards him. “Loosen up babe” he said and I released a breath. I could feel his eyes on me and I forced myself not to look at him. He was making me uncomfortable and he knew it. “I feel like tasting your blood” he said.

I looked at him with wide eyes and he smiled playing with my cheek. “Come, Emily let’s go” he said and got up. I hesitantly got up and made my way to where ever he was taking me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110 23 12
Love does not discriminate! How sweet and pure is the essence of love! Love simply happens, and when it does, it takes hold of your heart and soul, m...
77 0 29
It's been a few months past in New York City , Then an old friend of Alex's friend comes back into her life but one she loves to keep secret about he...
Invictus By Ellie

Teen Fiction

883 59 7
"Anybody who would get near her would turn into Icarus that came too close to the sun." •••• Those monsters conceal themselves behind a mask of norma...
Secret Out By Anj

Short Story

3.2K 715 12
The death of Hannah's best friend leads her into a confusing investigation trying to find the killer, proclaiming all her friends are suspects due to...