Learning About a Better Life...

By lrichardson03

This is a watching fanfiction but with a twist. What if Hiccup and the teens ran away, what if Berk and the n... More

OC Cast, IMPORTANT information, and background/recap
The Beginning
Legend Of The Bonenapper Dragon (Edited)
Gift Of The Night Fury (Edited)
The Book Of Dragons (Edited)
How To Start A Dragon Training Academy(edited)
Viking For A Hire (Edited)
Terrible Twos (Edited)
In Dragons We Trust (edited)
Alvin and The Outcasts (edited)
How To Pick Your Dragon (edited)
Portrait of Hiccup as a Buff Man (edited)
Dragon Flower
The Heather Report Pt 1
The Heather Report Part 2
Thawfest
When Lightning Strikes
What Flies Beneath

Animal House (Edited)

520 11 2
By lrichardson03

DISCLAIMER: I only own the characters pictured above and the plot. Everything Else belongs to Cressida Cowell, Dean DeBlois, Chris Sanders, Bonnie Arnold, Will Davis, Steve Hickner, Tom Owens, Kate Spencer, Adam F. Goldberg, John Puglisi, Bruce Seifert, Peter Steinfield, Aimée Marsh, Johane Matte, Ken Morrissey, David Moses Pimentel, Jeff Snow, Elaine abogan, John Sanford, Chad Hammes, Art Brown, Douglas Sloan, Linda Teverbaugh, Mike Teverbaugh, Brad Lewis, Jonathan Groff, Jon Pollack, Tim Johnson, and every other person who was included in creating the franchise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A Deadly Nadder and a Monstrous Nightmare play in the air above Dragon Isles)

Hiccup(v.o.): Here on Dragon Isless, we made peace with the Dragons. We're finally living and working together...and it only took us three hundred years. There's one slight problem... we forgot to tell the animals.

"Sarcastic as ever Lad" Gobber exclaimed cheerfully unsurprised.

"If anything, he's gotten worse" replied Noell earning her a look of betrayal from Hiccup. 

"I thought you were on my side" he said dramatically. Noell only smirked.

(The dragon pair land on Mulch's farm and wrestle, scaring all the animals)

Mulch: (Shoos away the dragons) Oh, not again. You go on now... you get, get, shoo! Now you know you're not supposed to be in here.

"Not so perfect now is it" Replied Stoick Boastfully

"Still better than Berk and the kill or be killed days" Replied Mulch confidentiality. 

Stoick huffed.

Mulch: (Goes over to the animals to collect their products) Alright, everybody, time to earn your keep.

Bucket: (Looks in the chicken coop) It's the chickens who lay eggs, right?

Mulch: Do we really need to go over this again?

Bucket: No...

"We'll give you Lying lessons bucket" Tuffnut offered.

"Cause that was totally not believable" Ruffnut added on

"You two can do no such thing" Hiccup told them sternly.

Mulch: Apparently, we do. Well, pay attention Bucket.

Mulch: (Points at sheep) Wool. (Points at Chickens) Eggs. (Points at yaks) Milk. Was that so hard now, see?

"Simple really"

Mulch: Ugh. Observe. (Starts to milk a yak) Just grab the utter, like so, and pull. (No milk comes out) Uh, pull. Pull! (Yak gets frustrated and kicks away Mulch) Uh-oh. I think we're empty. That's not good.

(Scene changes to Hiccup and Noell 'sledding' on their dragons down a snowy mountain, doing various things to thwart the other pair)

"Oh, so you get to go sledding on your dragon, but we can't" Tuffnut huffed.

"So unfair" Ruffnut grumbled. 

"To be fair, you two caused an avalanche" Noell snapped at the two. She just wanted to watch the show. 

"If we're going to be fair. So did we" Hiccup pointed out. 

The twins gaped. 

"You-"

"Caused-

"An-"

"Avalanche!" they finished together.

"We have never been prouder of our dear little Hiccup and Noell" Tuffnut sniffed.

The twins pretended to wipe fake tears from their eyes while Hiccup and Noel Rolled their eyes. 

Hiccup: Yahoo!

Noell: Ha-ha-ha!

Hiccup: Whoa! Hey, Noell!

Noell: Oops, did I do that?

"You are a terrible liar" Hiccup told her. Noell replied by elbowing him in the gut. 

Noell: Hey! Not fair! AH!!

(Noell goes to a tree and got hit)

Most of the room winced. That had to hurt.

Noell: So, it's gonna be like that, huh?!

Hiccup: I have no idea what you're talking about!

"You are also a terrible, terrible liar"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah,"

Hiccup: Whoa! Hey!

Noell: It was her idea. But I approve! Ha-ha!

"Talk about playing dirty." 

"I was thinking more on the lines of competitive."

"Sounds like two people I know" Ernalynn replied glancing at her younger siblings. 

(An avalanche starts rolling down the mountain behind them)

Hiccup: Uh-oh!

(Toothless and Hiccup cannot take off into the air)

Hiccup: His tail's frozen!

Hiccup: Noell!

(Noell and Stormfly takes off)

Noell: HICCUP!!!

"Oh, they're concerned for each other" a random Viking women cooed.

Hiccup and Noell blushed. 

"We're just best friends" Hiccup mumbled. 

"Yeah, best friends who kiss from time to time" Said Tuffnut casually causing many stares mostly from Berk.

"What?" He asked not understanding why everyone was staring.

"Muttonhead" Snotlout muttered.

(Hiccup tried to fix Toothless' tail)

Noell: Ah! Hold on!

(Noell goes to Hiccup)

Hiccup: No! Go back!

(Noell attempts to help Hiccup as they careen toward a deep crevasse with the avalanche coming up behind them. All four fall in as the avalanche rushes overhead)

Everyone gasps. The Noell's adopted parents gripped each other tight worried for their daughter. Axel gripped his chair so tight the arms might break off.

Hiccup: Noell?

(All are in complete darkness)

Noell: Over here. Hiccup, I'm freezing.

Everyone let out a breath they were holding. The two were okay.

Hiccup: Come here. (Huddle together) Where are the dragons?

Hiccup: Toothless? (Breathes out a blast into the snow above for light)

Noell: Stormfly? (Spits out some flame for light)

Hiccup: (A hole opens up in the snow above letting in sunlight) Whoa.

Noell: Yeah...

Hiccup: I see daylight!

Noell: We're gonna get out of here!

Hiccup: Look what they did. (Both dragons are forming a shelter around their riders with their wings)

Noell: They saved our lives.

Mutters of "impossible" and "the beasts would never do that!" Ran throughout the room.

(Hiccup and Noell realize they are holding on to each other)

Hiccup: Uh, um...that was...so...

(Noell clears her throat)

Hiccup: So, we're good now?

Noell: G-good as new... (Punches Hiccup in the arm)

Hiccup: Ow!

Gobber and the teens parents quietly chuckle at the scene. Some of the Viking women sigh as they remember their younger years and having their first crush.

(Scene changes back to Mulch's farm)

Schmidt: (He is underneath a yak looking for what's wrong) Ah, uh... there it is, mm-hmm! (Pushes out from underneath the yak) Just what I thought. She's not giving milk... none of them are.

"That was obvious already. What don't we know is Why?!" Commented an annoyed Viking.

Axel: We know that Schmidt. We want to know why.

Schmidt : This reminds me of the time I moved my mother in with my goat. She was mean, ornery, ate everything in sight. The goat was so sacred of her, she couldn't give milk.

Some snickers ran through the crowd.

Axel: So, what are you saying, Schmidt?

Schmidt: Mothers and goats don't mix. Same with farm animals and dragons. We stopped fighting dragons, so now they're around all the time. The animals are spooked.

"Now how are you going to fix that?" A Viking from Berk.

"You'll see" replied Noell mysteriously.

Schmidt: Like I said, spooked.

(Bucket starts gripping his head in pain)

Mulch: Uh-oh. Your bucket's not tightening up on ya, is it?

Bucket: No, I'm just... FIIIIIIINE!!!

Mulch: Well, whenever his bucket gets tight it means a storm is coming.

""What? That's insane. There's no way a person can predict weather with a bucket. Listen to the elder, Ellie, was it?" said Stoick. 

Gobbler on the other hand disagreed, Bucket was usually right when it came to predicting storms with the bucket on his head. 

"Sir, you have your ways, and we have ours" Fishlegs replied to Stoick respectively.

Bucket: No storm, everything's fine.

Mulch: Bucket...

Bucket: I don't want there to be a storm! If lighting strikes me bucket, I could end up less intelligent.

Many people raised their eyebrows. 

"The only way you'll be struck by lightning is if Thor is mad at you?" Stoick said. 

"Actually, it's not" replied Hiccup.

Mulch: Oh, ho-ho! That's one tight bucket! And the tighter the bucket, the bigger the storm.

Axel: But that's crazy. Storms don't hit this early in the season.

Schmidt: And besides, who ever heard of predicting the weather with a bucket? That's what chicken bones and goose feet are for.

"See?"

Mulch: If you recall that bucket of his predicted the Blizzard of Olaf!

Bucket: That was a bad one! It took us a week just to dig out Mildew.

Mulch: And the rest of our lives to wonder why we bothered. 

Mildew scowled while the crowd laughed.

"Can't deny the truth."

Mulch: Trust the bucket, Axel.

Axel: You trust the bucket. I want a second opinion.

(Scene changes to Schmidt and Axel visiting Elli's Hut)

Axel: I've come for your council. Is there going to be a storm?

(Ellie starts writing in a pile of dirt]

Axel: What's she saying, Schmidt?

Schmidt: She says: "What do you think?" 

Both: Huh?

(Elli points to the various preparations she herself have already made for bad weather)

Axel: How can you be so sure? Was it the chicken bones? Or the goose feet?

"How much do you want to bet it was Bucket's bucket?" Whispered Ruffnut to Noell

"Nothing, I don't bet on something I won't win" Noell answered.

Schmidt: She says she could hear Bucket's screaming from way up here.

"Knew it" smirked Ruffnut.

(Scene changes to the Dragon Riders lounging around on a large catapult)

Hiccup: ...And then the dragons used their wings to block the snow.

Fishlegs: I've never heard of anything like that. Not even in the Dragon Book

Noell: I know! It was incredible! It was as if their protective instincts just kicked in!

Protective instincts scoffed Stoick mentally. 

Hiccup: Who'd believe it? The dragons we fought for years came to our rescue.

Noell: Yeah, if it weren't for them, we would've frozen to death.

Fishlegs: You know what? You could've used your own bodies to keep each other warm.

Noell: Um...

(Noell and Hiccup scoot away from each other)

"Awkward" Sung Tuffnut causing Noell to glare at him.

Hiccup: Who would do that?

Noell: That's crazy.

Snoutlout: Hey, Noell. If you're still cold... [Makes kiss-y faces)

(Noell elbows the catapult, and a pile of snow drops on Snotlout)

Snotlout: Hey!

"Nice one" Ruffnut said smirking as she and Noell fist bumped. Being the only teen girls of the group causes you to grow close.

(The Twins arrive below, on the ground)

Ruffnut: Hey, Hiccup!

Tuffnut: Your father's looking for you.

Ruffnut: He looked angry.

Hiccup: Thanks guys (Flies off on Toothless)

(Scene change to inside the with Schmidt, Axel, and Hiccup)

Axel: There's a bad storm coming. We could be locked in. We might not be able to hunt or fish for months!

Hiccup: But it's way too early for a storm. We're in the middle of winter! Devastating Winter isn't due for another month!

"Father and son think alike" Schmidt said chuckling. 

Axel: Not according to Ellie.

Hiccup: Well, what am I supposed to do? I can't control the weather!

"That would be so cool if you could" exclaimed Tuffnut excitedly.

"Yeah, it's quite sad. You can basically do everything else but control the weather" Ruffnut added on 

"Tragic" Tuffnut said shaking his head sadly.

Axel: No... but you can control dragons. If they don't stop scaring the animals, we won't have any provisions to live on.

(Bucket and Mulch enter with an empty bucket)

Axel: Ah! Any luck?

Mulch: Not a drop. And this is after yankin' on that poor for three hours!

Hiccup: But it's not like the dragons are trying to be scary. I mean, they don't even eat farm animals. They eat fish!

That caught Gobber's attention. If dragons don't eat animals, then why do they used to steal their livestock.

Schmidt: True but they're huge, they breathe fire, and now that we've made peace with them, they're everywhere. The animals are terrified of them.

"Maybe they just have to get used to them" Commented Astrid 

Axel: Here's where you jump in and say, 'I'll fix this'.

"Yeah Hiccup, time for you to fix this" teased Noell. 

Hiccup rolled his eyes fondly.

Hiccup: Okay. But how long do I have before the storm hits?

Mulch: About a week.

Hiccup: No problem. More than enough time.

(Bucket grabs his bucket head and starts moaning)

Mulch: Correction: three days, six hours.

Hiccup: Uh, okay... less time... might be more of a problem.

"Then you better get to it"

(Scene changes, showing a storm starting to brew near Dragon Isles. The gang is in the arena with livestock, trying to get them used to the dragons.)

Hiccup: Come on, big boy. You can do it. Come on. [Tries to push a yak closer to the dragons)

Hiccup: You'll really like them if you get to know them.

Noell: The dragons look scary but they're just big, scaly reptiles.

Tuffnut: Just like Snotlout!

Noell covered her mouth and tried not to laugh but was failing. Ruffnut on the other hand was laughing hysterically not bothering to hide her amusement. 

Snotlout: (Picks up Tuffnut to punch him) You're the guy, right?

Tuffnut: (High-pitched voice] No.

"Okay, I do NOT sound like that!" Ruffnut said, offended.

"Yeah. If anything, you sound like a guy." Tuffnut added and Ruffnut kicked his knee cap. "Ow! My knee cap. That's knew, I like it."

(One dragon snaps at another dragon and the yak runs away)

Fishlegs: Okay, what if we look at this from an animal's perspective? (Gets down on his hands and knees and walks up to a Nightmare)

Fishlegs: Oh, hello, Mr. Dragon! I'm just a little here... walking... doing sheep things... Baaa!

"Nice impression" snickered Tuffnut sarcastically. 

Fishlegs blushed.

Fishlegs: Baaa! You know, he doesn't really seem so big and--

(The Nightmare roars at him showing a mouth full of teeth. Fishlegs runs on all fours under Meatlug)

Fishlegs: Sorry! But I'm siding with the sheep on this one.

Hiccup: Look, I've learned that once you have a positive experience with something you're afraid of, it isn't so scary anymore.

Hiccup: (Herds three sheep over to the Nightmare) Okay, here you go boys... over here. And that's what we'll have to do with these sheep. We gotta prove to them that they have nothing to fear--

(The Nightmare blows fire on the sheeps' wool for fun and they run away)

Hiccup: Ooh-aaah-at this rate we'll never get any milk or eggs!

(Storm is starting to get worse and the sky around Dragon Isles gets darker. Axel is inspecting the storehouse)

Axel: Just as I feared. We haven't had time to fully stock the food store house!

Axel: If this storm is as bad as I think it is, we're never going to survive!

Schmidt: Not with this inventory.

"Very comforting Schmidt" replied Hiccup sarcastically. 

Axel: We're going to need everything we can get from those chickens and yaks.

Schmidt: I'm not really comfortable putting my fate in the hands of a brainless bird and a big woolly beast that sleeps in its own dung.

Axel: Well luckily our fate isn't in their hands. It's in my son's.

"Oh, like that's any better " Spitelout scoffed causing almost everyone to glare at him. 

(Scene changes back to the arena where everything is running amok)

Hiccup: Another way for the animals to overcome their fear is to show them that dragons are afraid of things too.

Noell: Remember Magnus the Merciless?

Magnus perked up at the mention of his name.  

Noell: He was a pretty scary guy. I was afraid of him until I learned that he was afraid of the dark.

Tuffnut: So, during the day: merciless

Ruffnut: And during the night: Tuffnut!

This time the teens didn't bother to hide their laughter and the Vikings just smiled. Tuffnut crossed his arms. 

"It's a real problem" he huffed.

(Tuffnut glared and punched her arm.)

Ruffnut: Ow!

Tuffnut: Hey! That's a real problem.

Noell: I'm just saying, knowing he was afraid of something made him less scary to me.

Hiccup: Yes, so let's show the yaks that dragons are afraid of things, too.

(Pulls two eels out of a basket, walks by the yaks, and over to the dragons. Dragons balk as the yaks observe)

The dragons in the hall screech and back away from the screen. Hiccup wasn't much help because he was too busy trying to calm down Toothless. 

Noell: I think it's working!

(Hiccup drops an eel and it slithers toward the Nightmare, causing the dragon to knock a sheep against the wall)

"Yeah, it totally working" Snotlout said sarcastically. 

Noell: Don't worry.

Hiccup: Worry? I-I'm not worried! Do I look worried?

"Yes, you are."'

(Scene changes to the Great Hall, where villagers are filing in with their belongings. The weather is worsening)

Axel: Bring in everything you need! We down know how long we'll need to be hunkered down!

Axel: How's Bucket doing?

Mulch: Look at him! He usually loves a wheelbarrow ride.

Axel: Mulch, I'll take care of Bucket. You and Schmidt go find the kids and bring them here.

(Things are still running amok in the Arena)

Noell: Hey! Calm down! Get back over here!

Hiccup: You know what I'm learning from all this? Chicken are really, well, chicken.

Fishlegs: What if we showed them how much they have in common with the Dragons? They both lay eggs, right? A laid one last week!

(Fishlegs sets down a large dragon egg. Three chickens jump on it and check it out)

"Holy Thor, that egg is bigger than the dragon" Gobber exclaimed shocked.

Hiccup: Alright, see? An egg's an egg, right ladies?

"Yeah, until it explodes" Snotlout said remembering the Snoggletog incident.

(The egg explodes)

Hiccup: Until it explodes...

"Ahhh, cousins think alike" Ruffnut said wistfully. 

Tuffnut laughed. "Hey Noell, having Deja vu!" He cried when Noellnpinched him.

(Mulch and Schmidt arrive at the Arena. It's starting to snow)

Schmidt: Everybody out, the storm is here!

Hiccup: Ah, wha-wait! We haven't made any progress with the animals!

Schmidt: Your father wants everyone in the Great Hall!

Hiccup: Take the others. I need to stay and keep working with the animals. They're... still afraid.

Schmidt: Yeh can't get eggs from a frozen chicken! We've got to get the animals in the barn!

(Scene changes to the farm, which is buried in snow already)

Schmidt: So much for the barn.

Mulch: There's no other place to hold them!

Hiccup: The Great Hall!

Mulch: So, we're gonna have the dragons and the animals under the same roof? We know that won't work.

Hiccup: We have no choice, let's go.

(Dragons, Humans, and livestock trek down the snowy mountain)

Schmidt: Alright, keep 'em separate!

Noell: This way!

Fishlegs: Come on, come on! Let's go! Oh, this way guys!

(Lightning strikes a tree, which scares the dragons who in turn scare the livestock, causing them to scatter.)

Snotlout: Hey, I got this under control! (Snotlout stands in front of stampeding yaks, then gets trampled) Ow! Ow! Ow! Ooooh... ow! Okay, everything hurts.

(Everyone tries to stop the fleeing and scattering animals)

Schmidt: Where are you going?!

Hiccup: I'm going after them!

Stoick narrowed his eyes.  Why did his son always have to get himself into trouble "I don't like where this is going..." 

Schmidt: Forget it Hiccup! We'll never get them rounded up in this storm!

Hiccup: With Toothless, I can! I have to try. If I don't, we starve to death.

Schmidt: No! Your father would kill me if I left you out here--!

Hiccup: Sorry, Schmidt! (Takes off on Toothless)

Schmidt: Hiccup! Come back here! (Turns to talk to Noell who mounts Stormfly) Noell, will you talk some sense-- Ah--No, no, not you, too! Noell! You're not going with-- Ach! (The rest of the Riders leave on their dragons) GET BACK HERE, ALL OF YOU!

The teens parents glared at Schmidt. How could he not stop them from taking off but deep down they knew nothing could stop the teens at times. 

(Back in the Great Hall]

Axel: Move those tables against the against the doors!

Schmidt: Axel! The barns been destroyed! The animals have scattered!

Axel: Where's Hiccup and the others?

Schmidt: I tried to stop him, Axel. They went after the animals.

Mulch: I caught these two. (Yaks) I figured at least with these we'd be able to start a new herd.

Schmidt: You might want to take another look, Mulch.

Mulch: Oh! Uh, never mind boys!

A young child frowned in confusion and looked up at his mother. "Mommy, what does he mean by that?" he asked. The teens, who were nearby the mother and child, and some young adults snickered.

His mother's eyes widened and smiled nervously. "Well, uh, Randi...you see, um...O-oh look! It's Hiccup!" she pointed to the screen, changing the subject quickly. Luckily for her, Randi fell for it and turned back to the screen excitedly. She sighed in relief; glad she wouldn't have to explain...certain things. The teens snickered again.

(In the forest in the middle of a snowstorm, the Riders look for livestock)

Hiccup: You find as many as you can. We'll herd them back to the Great Hall.

Fishlegs: Can we swing by my house? I'd like to get my heavy coat.

Tuffnut: Check this out! (Tuffnut punches himself) I'm so cold I can't feel my face. (Ruffnut slaps his face) Didn't feel it!

Ruffnut: That takes all the fun out of it!

Hiccup: They are! Come on!

Fishlegs: Yaks to the left!

Snotlout: Chickens to the right!

Snotlout: Hey! I'm flying here!

Snotlout: Chickens! Over here! Follow me this way. Come on!

Snotlout: Wait. Where are you going? AHHHH!

Fishlegs: Sheep! Hey, sheep, this way! Baaahh! Baah! Baah! Hey, it's working! Baah! Baahh... (Fishlegs and Meatlug get stuck under a fallen tree)

Noell: I got them! Now! (Stormfly shoots spines to form a fence) Gotcha!

Snotlout: GAAAHHH! (Hookfang flies around erratically and knocks down the spines)

Noell: Snotlout, what are you doing?! You're all over the place!

"As usual..." Astrid grumbles.

Snotlout: YOU TRY HERDING CHICKENS WITH A DRAGON WHO DOESN'T LISTEN TO YOU!

Hookfang snorts indignantly and smokes Snotlout's helmet again. Snotlout screamed and frantically tried to put out his helmet. 

Noell: Hiccup! Stray sheep! (Toothless saves a lamb that slid off a cliff)

Hiccup: Good job, bud.

Noell: Hiccup, the storm is getting worse! I can't see anything!

Hiccup: Come on, bud. Give us some light. Stray yaks, twelve o'clock!

Hiccup blushed and Axel and Schmidt shook their heads. 

Tuffnut: I see them! AND THEY ARE HUGE!

Tuffnut: I got the yaks. (Grabs Axel and Schmidt)

Axel: Put me down! Right now! 

"How do you mistake them for Yaks" asked a Berkian

(Ruffnut and Tuffnut turned to each other and shrugged before letting Barf and Belch drop them to the ground. Axel landed on his feet whereas Schmidt face planted next to a yak.)

A few weeks people winced. 

Schmidt: Do I look like a yak to you?!(His argument was moot though as he got up and took a very yak-like stance-which didn't do him any justice-as the yak glanced at him before grunting a moo and walked away, Schmidt looking after it and making an "oh" face.)

The Berkian made an ooh face "never mind"

"The resemblance is uncanny" said Ruffnut. 

(The twins turned to each other from looking at Schmidt and nodded in agreement that he did. Hiccup then lands Toothless in front of them and dismounts before walking up to them; the others landing as well.)

Axel: You shouldn't be out here, Hiccup. (Hiccup lands, followed by the other Riders)

Hiccup: Dad, I'm sorry I let you down.

"It's not your fault, son. You tried your best, and that's all I can ask for." Said Axel.

"Thanks, Dad." Said Hiccup as they smiled at each other.

Axel: It's not your fault, son. I'm taking you back.

Schmidt: Which way?

Axel: Follow our tracks. (He gestures in the direction they came from, but all they see is a vast snowy area, the wind blowing harshly. The snow covered their tracks)

"So much for that plan..." Gobber chuckled "Got any other ideas?"

Schmidt: So much for that idea.

Fishlegs: Sir? What do we do now?

(The teens all begin to shiver and rub their arms, finally realizing how cold they were after all the adrenalines wore off and how long they've been out. Axel and Schmidt look at all of them in concern.)

"Their freezing!" Said a Viking women worriedly.

Axel: Everyone, come together.

"What will that do?" Asked Spitlout arrogantly.

"Their using each other's warmth." 

 (The humans all huddle together to try and stay warm. Toothless croons softly from where he was laying along with the rest of the dragons, but then looks up and sees everyone huddled together and freezing. He gets to his feet and growls to the dragons, who lift their heads and respond to his growl as they also get to their feet. Hiccup looks up from staring at the ground and turns to see the dragons who are making their way towards them. Everyone else also notice and look up to see the dragons surrounding them as they spread their wings, making a makeshift barrier from the wind and snow. Everyone stares at them in awe and astonishment."

Axel: What are they doing?

Hiccup: They're protecting us.

Noell: It's their natural instinct.

(Hiccup and Noell smile at each other at the memory while the rest still stare in awe. The dragons, except Toothless, then breathed fire on the ground as they created a circle of warmth, warming everyone up instantly. Suddenly, Toothless hears bleating and his ear rears up before turning to see the sheep huddling from the cold as well. Toothless then separates from the group and runs towards the sheep; two of them running away when he gets close while the youngest one tenses and closes his eyes with a scared bleat. When nothing happens, the lamb looks up to see the dragon giving him a warm look. Toothless then nudges the lamb forward with his head and gestures with a croon towards the group. The sheep bleats and looks over to the Vikings and dragons who are watching them. Toothless gives a purr of encouragement at the sheep, telling it to go to them. Finally, the lamb slowly and hesitantly walks towards the group and Toothless growls happily before running ahead and stops next to them. The lamb looks up at all the dragons who are giving it comforting and warm smiles. Then it bleats to the others, telling them that it's safe before walking up to the Vikings who smile down at the young, brave lamb. Soon enough, the rest of the sheep follow their comrade and into the dragon barrier, the other animals following suit as they walk up to them. The chickens huddle with the sheep while the yaks huddled with the twins who look at them in bemusement. Everyone else smiles in amazement as the young lamb walks up and lays where Toothless is with a content bleat.]

"Looks like you have a new friend bud" Hiccup said to Toothless scratching his ear. 

Axel: Your dragons are really something, son.

People nodded in agreement. Some were warming up to the dragons starting to see that they weren't all bad. 

Hiccup: Yeah, they are.

(Toothless lifted his head and shot a plasma blast into the sky, the dragons following suit before the screen fades to white. The scene shows the next morning where the storm had completely stopped, the dragons all covered in snow from the neck up, leaving a hole at the top. The snow falls off the dragons as it shows everyone completely safe. Axel and Hiccup look out to see the sunrise before turning to each other and smiling at one another.)

The people holding their breath sighed with relief. They were all safe. 

(The scene then cuts to everyone walking up the steps to the Great Hall, each carrying a sheep along with the dragons and a few chickens. The doors open as they all walk inside as all the villagers cheer in relief, glad that they are all safe.)

Mulch: They're back! And they're alright!

Bucket: The animals are alright, too!

Mulch: Uh-oh. (He nudges Bucket's side.) Here come the dragons.

(Hookfang roars and lowers enough for the lamb and its friends to jump off his back. Everyone awes at the sight.)

Mulch: Will you look at that.

Noell: Hey everyone!

(Noell turns to the door where Hiccup and Axel walk in with a couple of yaks, Hiccup carrying a chicken and an egg.]

Hiccup: The chickens are laying eggs again!

Bucket: I was right. Chickens do lay eggs.

(Mulch smiles and nods in amusement as everyone greets the dragons and the animals back home)

Hiccup (v.o.): Winter in Dragon Isles is long and brutal, and the only way to survive it is if we're all in it together. We made our peace with the dragons when we saw that we could trust them.

"It only took 300 hundred years" Muttered Hiccup

(Schmidt walks over to a basket of fish and tosses a couple to Barf and Belch. Hiccup looks around the room with a content smile on his face.)

 Hiccup (v.o.): Turns out they actually have instincts to protect us. 

(He turns to see a sheep walking up to Stormfly where its friend is and huddles with her as she blankets her wing over them.)

Hiccup (v.o.): All of us.

(Axel and Hiccup smile at the sight before turning to each other with happy smiles as well. They then turned around and close the doors.)

 Hiccup (v.o.): Life on Dragon Isles just got a little warmer.

(The screen pans out as it shows the Great Hall with a few flakes of snow falling before fading to black)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.2K 1K 19
Part 1: Hiccup runs away with Toothless when Gobber announces that he will be killing the Monstrous Nightmare. Three years later, he flys back to Ber...
89.9K 987 29
Hiccup and Astrid Runaway from berk because they know berk will never change their minds about dragons. The found dragons' edge and have allies and e...
136K 2.4K 20
you lost everything. your mother and father left you as a child, you were shunned from the village, all you had left was your friend hiccup. he was l...
196K 4.5K 41
What if things went differently when Toothless came to save Hiccup during his final exam. What if Hiccup ran away with Toothless that day. Hiccup Ho...