Trolls world tour Barb x read...

By Potter_Hanna

Once upon a time there were two trolls; Y/N and Poppy. They are sisters. Together with a grumpy troll named B... More

1: introduction
2: Y/N and Poppy's shenanigans
3: the world of music
4: the secret plan
5: flashbacks
6: evil schemes
7: friends?
8: leaving lonesome flats... or not at all
9: Barb-arians
10: trust
11: meeting a new perspective
12: Accepting the facts
13: Perfect for me
14: blood is thicker than water
15: backstage
16: the flop
17: Let me hear you
18: United
19: new era
20: misunderstandings
21: hard work
22: technical issues
23: feelings and color
25: nightmares
26: everybody wants to rule the world
27: missed messages
28: communication problems
29: I'm coming out
30: haters gonna hate
31: That's kinda.... Ya know
32: Meetings meetings
33: Y/N and Barb, sitting in a tree...
34: Be my Valentine
35: trouble in paradise
Part 36: hopeless romantics
37: girlfirends dad
38: Quick fix
39: Record
40: Chaos and cries
41: Sound of silence
42: in sickness and in health
43: told you so
44: liar liar
45: Pride and other plans

24: let's party, people!

696 21 3
By Potter_Hanna

Y/N POV:
I wake up the morning of the party. It was going to be a full day so I take in the scent of the morning and hop into a nice shower. I hear some trolls singing and practicing outside and smile as I get dressed and hop out of my pod.
-Ok everybody! The others are going to arrive in T minus 2 hours! It's time to get to work! Branch yells over the masses and hops to check on something. I snicker but then Poppy bumps into me.
-Hey Y/N~, she says suspiciously.
-Hello Poppy, I say uncomfortably.
-So how are you gonna tackle Barb today huh? Maybe so chocolate dipped strawberries? Poppy asks and holds up a plate of chocolate dipped strawberries.
-What? I ask.
-Or maybe a serenade, revealing your love for her, Poppy clasps her hands dreamily.
-That's not what Branch did, I remind her and try to keep on walking.
-No but you can! Poppy says and runs after. I didn't really wanna think too much of my love problems so I look around in the village to see what I could distract her with. It has become a fine art at this point.
-Oh Poppy look, it looks like Branch needs some help with safety measures, I say and point to where Branch is standing and nervously looking down on the board.
-Oh! Can't let him do that by himself, be right back, Poppy says and bolts for her boyfriend. I quickly sneak away from my spot and try to get some decorations up together with my friends.

As I stand upon a ladder- well as Biggie stands on a ladder and I stand upon his shoulders, I have to carefully lean forward to not tip over. The string of flags were so close to be done, only a couple of spots left.
-what if you'd pick her some flowers! I hear a squeal and both me and Biggie scream out in surprise and fall forward. We both grab the string we were putting up so that we don't fall to our deaths. As we fall, the places we had placed the string snapped and we swung through the forest.
-WATCH OUT! I yell to the trolls in the way. Everyone jumps to the side screaming.
-I'm sorry! Poppy yells after us as me and Biggie slowly stop swinging.
-thanks Poppy, I mutter.

After a while did we start to receive guests from all over. Funk trolls, classical trolls, even the yodellers and the reggaeton trolls came. I quickly ran home to change and started looting my bag after the dress I was gonna wear. Suddenly there's a knock at the door.
-who is it? I ask, head almost down inside the bag.
-Guess who's here? I hear Poppy sing.
-Hey poprock, I hear Barb say. I immediately stick my head out of my bag.
-One second! I yell and finally find the dress, slipping it on and brushing my hands through my hair. I blush furiously and splash my face with cold water to calm down the redness. I walk up to the door, taking a deep breath. I open the door and Barb looks up, smiling at me. I smile back. Then I look at Poppy beside her, and she wiggles her eyebrows. I scowl at her and Barb looks wondering between us.
-what's going on? Barb asks.
-Nothing, me and Poppy say at the same time.
-Let me show you around for real this time, I say and grab Barbs arm.
-You two go ahead, I'm gonna go to chenille and satin to check on the stage clothes, Poppy says and winks at me, but goes the completely other way than the twins' studio.
-You're gonna have stage clothes? Barb asks as we walk.
-No, I shake my head.
-Well I am, but that's because i don't own any rock clothes yet, I say. Barb shrugs and follows me as I show her the first building.

-What's up guys? Poppy asks as she walks on stage and everyone cheers.
-Welcome to pop village! Poppy continues as Branch stands beside her.
-Tonight were gonna get a special taste of music from all over: pop, rock, funk, country and classical! Poppy says.
-Most importantly, we're gonna have fun! She lastly says and a wave of cheers flow through the big crowds. Branch quickly walks up to Poppy and grabs the attention.
-Don't forget to not wave with pointy sticks during the performances! he says and people laugh, including me who walks up on stage.
-Hey I am serious, he turns to me.
-I know, I say and put a supporting hand on his shoulder.
First up was a group of funk trolls, playing instruments and singing. It was groovy so I danced, which made Barb laugh at me. Not because I dance bad but I've never danced funk before. If that's even something you can dance...
Next up was a large orchestra of classical trolls, and it was very majestic to say the least. Some trolls cried. Others just enjoyed the music. Others slept. Barb was one that fell asleep during a very calm symphony. I nudged her awake with my shoulder since she fell asleep on my shoulder. She woke up quickly and wiped some drool of her face. I tried not to giggle as she looked at me with a nervous look and then looked away. The party and the concert goes on and at last I had a surprise.
-Hey I gotta go, I lean to Barb and whisper in her ear.
-What? Where are you going? Barb asks. I just smile.
-You'll see, I say and just walk off, leaving a confused Barb behind me. I meet the crew behind the stage and I take a deep breath.
-You got it? Carol asks as I carefully put the guitar strap around my body.
-I think so, I say and snap it in place.

We were next and the last band to perform. I had asked Carol and Riff for help and I have trained in secret so that I can surprise Barb. I was excited but scared because its the first time I really perform with rock. I've always been a pop troll and I'm afraid of what others will think when I perform with rock. I take a deep breath as I hear the applause for the trolls before us.
-Alright let's do this, I say as we walk on stage.
-Hey guys! I greet the crowd as i adjust the mic stand and angle it to my face.
-You having fun? I keep stalling as Carol and I's guitars get cabled to the speakers. I'm greeted with a loud cheer and I laugh.
-Alright! I say and the crowd mimic me.
-You ready? I turn to Carol and she smiles and gives me a thumbs up. Riff counts us in and we start playing.

(Cue the middle cover by first to eleven *covers volume 7*)
-Hey, don't write yourself off yet, I find Barb in the crowd.
-It's only in your head, you feel left out, Or looked down on, I say and Barb smiles.
-Just try your best, try everything you can, Carol takes over.
-And don't you worry what they tell themselves, when you're away, we harmonise.
-It just takes some time, little girl, you're in the middle of the ride, I smile as i start jumping to the beat.
-Everything, everything'll be just fine, everything, everything'll be alright, alright, We sing and a loud cheer comes from the crowd.
-Hey, you know they're all the same, I back up to let Carol take the spot.
-You know you're doing better on your own, Carol points out into the crowd.
-on your own, I echo
-So don't buy in, live right now, The crowd starts jumping and all of the anxiety I felt before is gone.
-Yeah, just be yourself, me and Carol harmonise again and I walk back up to the mic.
-It doesn't matter if it's good enough For someone else, Barb points at me and shouts: That's my best friend!, and I smile.

-It just takes some time, little girl, you're in the middle of the ride, Everything, everything'll be just fine, Everything, everything'll be alright, alright, We sing again and Riff does a trick with his drumsticks, earning a cheer.

-It just takes some time, Little girl, you're in the middle of the ride, Everything, everything'll be just fine, Everything, everything'll be alright, alright, we sing and it was my time to shine. I had a guitar solo...
As I play I walk to the edge of the stage and I concentrate only on the strings and on the loud cheers of my peers.

-Hey, don't write yourself off yet, It's only in your head, you feel left out, Or looked down on, I go back to singing.
-Just do your best, Carol sings.
-just do your best, I echo.
-Do everything you can, Carol sings and we grin at each other.
-do everything you can, I echo again.
-And don't you worry what their bitter hearts, Are gonna say, we harmonise once more.

-It just takes some time, Little girl, you're in the middle of the ride, Everything, everything'll be just fine, Everything, everything'll be alright, alright! It just takes some time, Little girl, you're in the middle of the ride, Everything, everything'll be just fine, Everything, everything'll be alright! We stop playing and the loudest scream sounds through the village. I smile and Carol skips up to me and we bow before running off stage.

-Y/N what the frick was that!? Barb asks with a huge smile and envelops me in a hug.
-Ow, Barb, guitar, I wheeze and she lets me go.
-I didn't know you- why didn't you tell me? Barb asks.
-Well it wouldn't have been a surprise if I did, I laugh.
-What was it about? Barb asks.
-Well... I know you've been doubting yourself a lot and I just thought it would be nice for you to not feel so... alone, I explain and put the guitar away.
-Yeah, how didn't you catch the drift at "little girl", Carol ruffles Barbs hair as she walks out and Barb laughs and swats her hand away.
-Sooooo Y/N, Barb, you ready to get your party on? Poppy skips up to us and winks.
-Oh wouldn't you like to know? I smile.
-C'mon Barb, let me show you what it's like to be a pop troll, I say and grab Barbs hand and run off.

Music starts and a couple of wails sound through the forest from the few trolls that sit up in their trees and pods.

(Cue I wanna dance with somebody any version)
-Clock strikes upon the hour, and the sun begins to fade, Biggie sings.
-Still enough time to figure out how to chase my blues away, Chenille and Satin sing and Barb looks confused at the crowds of pop trolls singing as I drag her along.
-I've done alright up 'til now, It's the light of day that shows me how, Branch swings down from a tree with his hair.
-And when the night falls, Loneliness calls, Poppy harmonizes with Branch and both me and Barb cringe a little at their lovey-dovey antics and then laugh.
-Oh, I wanna dance with somebody, I start and drag Barb out to a neon dance floor, all kinds of trolls dancing.
-I wanna feel the heat with somebody, I pull Barb to the middle.
-Yeah, I wanna dance with somebody, Poppy joins in and hugs us.
-With somebody who loves me, Branch comes and sways her away and I mentally wipe sweat off of my forehead.
-Oh, I wanna dance with somebody, I fill in again.
-I wanna feel the heat with somebody, Yeah, I wanna dance with somebody, we dance around.
-With somebody who loves me, everyone choirs.

-I've been in love and lost my senses, spinning through the town, I take Barb on a walk through the now dark village that is illuminated by neon lights.
-Sooner or later the fever ends, and I wind up feeling down, I grab her right and lift us from the ground with my hair and onto a big branch on a tree.
-I need a man who'll take a chance on a love that burns hot enough to last, we watch a cute couple sing and dance outside of their door.
-So when the night falls my lonely heart calls? Barb sings confused and I smile.
-Oh, I wanna dance with somebody, I jumó from the branch and bounce on some mushrooms on the way down.
-I wanna feel the heat with somebody, Legsly sings.
-Yeah, I wanna dance with somebody, Biggie jumps past and holds mr.Dinkles lovingly.
-With somebody who loves me! Branch and Poppy jumps past and we land on the ground.
-Oh, I wanna dance with somebody, Poppy takes me away from Barb and winks.
-I wanna feel the heat, I look back at Barb but Poppy spins me around and I look at the big crowd, Barb looking for me.

Third person POV:
-Yeah, I wanna dance with somebody, the crowd around Barb sings and she spins around looking for Y/N.
-With somebody who loves me, Y/N sings as Barb and her makes eye contact.

-Somebody who, somebody who, the crowd starts pacing up the steps as Barb tries to make her way to Y/N.
-Somebody who loves you, Poppy sings to Y/N and squeezes her arms.
-Somebody who, somebody who, the crowd responds and Barb fights to try and get to Y/N.
-To hold you in his arms, oh, Y/N tries to shift the focus from her and twists Poppy to look at Branch.
-I need a man who'll take a chance, on a love that burns hot enough to last, Poppy sees right through Y/N and lifts an eyebrow.
-So when the night falls, Poppy urges and they both look back at the crowd and a confused Barb.
-My lonely heart calls, Y/N sighs.

-Oh, I wanna dance with somebody, Branch swings by and grabs his two best friends and they join the crowd. Barb is once again confused on where her friend went.
-I wanna feel the heat with somebody, Y/N walks up behind Barb.
-Yeah, I wanna dance with somebody, she pokes Barb on the shoulder and a face of calmness washes over her.
-With somebody who loves me, Y/N grabs Barbs hand and this time it's Barbs turn to drag Y/N out to dance.
-Oh, I wanna dance with somebody, I wanna feel the heat with somebody, Yeah, I wanna dance with somebody, With somebody who loves me, everyone joins in the chorus.

-Oooh,(Dance), Y/N sings and laughs at how the crowd joins in.
-You know, baby, Y/N flirts a little.
-dance, Woo, yeah,the crowd joins.
-Now get with this, Y/N let's go if Barbs hands.
-Woah! The crowd awes.
-Don't you wanna dance, Y/N continues and her and Barb become the middle of a circle.
-dance, the crowd joins.
-with me, baby? Y/N teases and walks around Barb.
-Don't you wanna dance? Poppy adds.
-dance, a whisper sounds.
-with me, boy? Poppy sings and her and Branch waltz past us.
-Hey, don't you wanna dance, Y/N rolls her eyes.
-dance, the crowd sings for the last time.
-with me, baby? Y/N says and Barb nods.

-With somebody who loves me, Don't you wanna dance? Say you wanna dance? Don't you wanna dance? Chenille and Satin alternates and dances around Barb.
-Dance, Biggie and guy diamond adds.
-Don't you wanna dance? Say you wanna dance? Don't you wanna dance? Snitch sings and makes threatening eyes at Barb.
-Dance, Biggie and guy diamonds sings again.
-Don't you wanna dance? Say you wanna dance, uh-huh, Y/N begs.
-dance, Biggie and guy diamonds threatens Barb from behind Y/N.
-With somebody who loves me, Y/N adds and they hop onto the bouncy mushrooms again.
Everyone oooo's for a while and Barb looks at Y/N as she grins and laughs with friends and family.
-Hey baby, king Thrash interrupts the song and Barb turns around.

-I'm gonna head to bed but see you in the morning, he says and rolls away.
-Ok, bye dad! Barb laughs and turns back to Y/N.
-So Barb are you staying or going back home? Poppy asks.
-I guess I'll stay here Uh, Y/N said she had an extra bed, Barb says and puts her hands in her pockets.
-Oh she did now, did she? Poppy asks and nudges Y/N in the arm.
-Ok, guys c'mon enough teasing we have a party right here to concentrate on, Y/N says and pushes Poppy away. Barb chuckles and Y/N smiles awkwardly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 93 4
Marshtato Mary is back! And she wants to get back at the trolls yet again. When she conveniently swings by one day and hears that Branch does not wan...
10.5K 319 7
A serious branch x reader that doesn't have an over traumatized y/n? I'm in. Story will be in 2nd person, they/them pronouns will be used, and there...
71.4K 2.2K 24
Imagine a world where rock wins the battle, and tries to transform the last rebels into rockers zombies ... a world where Poppy has never had a Branc...
108K 1.9K 22
"๐™‹๐™๐™š๐™ฌ, ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ ๐™›๐™ช๐™ก๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™๐™š ๐™™๐™ž๐™™๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ข๐™š." "๐™’๐™๐™ค ๐™™๐™ž๐™™๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช?" โ€งอ™โบหš*๏ฝฅเผ“โ˜พโ€งอ™โบหš*๏ฝฅเผ“โ˜พโ€งอ™โบหš*๏ฝฅเผ“โ˜พโ€งอ™โบหš*๏ฝฅเผ“ [๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ณ...