An Evermore Ardour

By valliraghu

He was as white as snow, his feelings were pure as the rain drop. She was the breeze to his calm heart , she... More

Description and Details.
The Conclusion.
Crazy... In Love?!
The Agony Of Hearts.
Her Smile, His Armor.
Gratitude
The Unloved Onlooker.
Alluring Exploration.
Update

Bewitching Brawl.

305 39 44
By valliraghu

Annoying.

Nothing could explain Manik's mindset right now, he was vexed at the fact that Nandini was distant. She never reacted to any of his words. Ever since the phone call, she had herself locked in her room. The first day when she skipped food, he forced himself to her room, snubbing her refusal to meet him. The moment she understood the fact he was there to cajole her into eating, she made sure she had all her meals before his mealtime. She sent the helper aunty to convey the same so she won't come face to face with Manik.

Her ignorance irritated him badly, but the sight of her playing with the doves, drenched in water became the serenity to the tempest in his heart. He wanted that one chance to go meet her, hear her voice and to spend some time with her. He kept thinking of it when he landed on a plan which for sure will get a reaction from his damsel.

"You seem too cool for someone who has been abducted?", stated Manik making Nandini twitch with the sudden resounding voice, as she was waiting at the dining for her food.

"I mean? Look at yourself? You eat all three meals, in fact I heard from the kitchen that you are giving them the menu of what you want to have in the next meal as well? " amused Manik earning a scowl from Nandini.

"Not that I am complaining ? I am 'very happy' to know that you're at 'home' , trying to get used to things early. I mean, really! I am very very happy" quoted Manik aggravating Nandini.

" Oh?", said Nandini dramatically by widening her eyes and added, " I have realised that there is no use fighting, trying to escape and starving myself. So I am doing what I can to survive whatever time left with you, before I go back to Papa. I mean what can I do ? I don't even know the reason of my abduction? Why even go there? I don't even know you! All I know is that, you have some 'weird obsession' towards me", said Nandini while cringing her eyebrows expressing her disgust and continued "I will make sure you don't achieve what you want to. At some point you will be bored of me, my presence. Until then, I will wait patiently ."

" That is exactly what I am trying to figure out myself , to make You understand the reason",Manik mumbled to himself while Nandini stared at his confused frame.

"What?", quipped Nandini bringing Manik out of his self - talk.

"Nothing! You carry on your 'Survival Game', looks like you enjoy that more than talking to your 'Papa'" replied Manik imitating Nandini.

"Papa? What happened to him?", asked a troubled Nandini earning a deep chuckle from Manik.

"Nothing happened to him!", replied Manik dryly as if he wished it wasn't the case and added " I don't keep a check on unimportant people, he must be doing far better than you, as he doesn't have to baby sit a fully grown adult!"cuttingly.

" I just wanted to know if you are interested in speaking to your 'Papa' again, as it is more than five days since the last call", offered Manik respectfully.

A shocked Nandini pinched Manik harder earning a painful howl from Manik who stared at her as if she was possessed.

"What the hell! Why did you pinch me?", roared Manik.

"So, I was not dreaming?" Questioned Nandini gaping at him.

"What made you act so considerate? You are offering  a phone call yourself? Is your top floor okay ?", adjoined Nandini signalling towards his head irritating him.

"You don't want to speak? Fine. Go ahead, lock yourself and continue 'surviving'" said Manik and turned to exit the room while Nandini swiftly walked past him blocking the way.

"No! When should I be ready? ", asked Nandini sweetly.

He almost laughed at the cuteness, " 6 PM, tomorrow" confirmed Manik as he walked out of the hall concealing his snigger.

"Papa! Knock knock!! time for medicine!", yelled a musical voice Which brought Vishwanath out of his reverie. His loving daughter had set up a reminder on his phone so he doesn't miss on his medicines. Been ten days since she was out of his sight, five since the last time he heard her. He took a glass of water to gulp down the medicine as he promised the same to his Nandini.

"Ravi! Arrange a meeting with Baby's college principal. I would have to tell them that she won't be attending college for this semester, that I am opting for home study. Inform the same to our family doctor, ask him to arrange the necessary medical certificates. I don't want this to spread in her college creating more issues for Baby. Pay double the charges to the lecturer to keep his mouth shut and to report to the college that he is actually taking classes for Nandini." Ordered Vishwanath as Abhimanyu walked in with a serious face.

"Uncle", called Abhimanyu as Vishwanath gestured the nearest seat. " I know you asked us not to dig up on Nandini's disappearance. But I just wanted to make sure she is safe.", said Abhimanyu earning a deep frown from Vishwanath.

"I asked my friend who is a private detective to track the number through which Nandini called you, he confirmed that the call was made from London.", added Abhimanyu pushing Vishwanath into deep thinking.

" We also checked the Direct flights and connecting flights to London. Nandini has boarded the flight from Mangalore the next day of her disappearance  from the engagement venue. Before you worry, we made sure the full process remained confidential." pronounced  Abhimanyu.

"As far as I am aware, we don't have any relatives or acquaintances in London, she has few friends in Mangalore who went to the same school as her. Nandini is safe, all that I need to know. Rest can wait for a while Abhimanyu, as much as I'm happy to know where she is, I would suggest.. let us wait, I don't want to repeat my mistake again. I have promised my baby.", requested  a relieved Vishwanath.

Manik was in a deep slumber , very unlikely of him to sleep at dusk. His tiring job to settle things as he wished kept him busy and his heavy eyelids ached for a break. With a small smile playing in his lips like he was watching the most beautiful dream of his life, he settled his legs on the recliner and enjoyed his beauty sleep.

A sharp smack on the back of Manik's head woke him up with a start, unknown of the surrounding he went blank looking for the source.

"What the hell, Manik! You are up for ruining my love life since yours is not on track ?", screamed Cabir at a delirious Manik. He shook his head and pressed it with his hands while Cabir handed him a glass of water from the table. Chugging it down , Manik gave a death glare to him awaiting an explanation.

"Why are you behind Navya now? What is that 'critical- life or death issue' you want her help with? You know she hates you? In fact she will be the happiest if we aren't friends anymore. I go through lots to protect our friendship from her wrath. I am not going to be put on a spot where I would have to choose between you two. So quit playing Manik! Do not drag her in between. Please ", pleaded an annoyed Cabir.

Shaking his head to gather all the information thrown at him, Manik folded the sleeve of his shirt as he looked at him and stated, "Navya hates me only coz of my ways with other women. She thinks I would be a bad influence for you. Tell her that I am a changed man now, that I am madly, deeply and badly in louuuuuu" mock quoted earning a glare from Cabir.

"In love with?" quipped Cabir.

"Of course! Nandini!", answered Manik.

" So You realised that you are in love with her? It is not just the past incidents that is making you behave crazy?" , asked Cabir.

"Woah! Hold on doc! I asked you to convey Navya that I am in love and I need her help for the same, not necessary that I'm truly in love. Nandini and Navya were class mates. They went to the same school. This is one information which you conveniently hid from me?", looked at Cabir as he continued, "As you can see, nothing can get past me. Now I have utilised that very information to buy me sometime while I sort out what should be done to make Nandini recall the past. 'our past!'. I tampered the phone number, relocated it to London. So according to Vishwanath murthy, Nandini is in London now. Also she boarded the flight to London through Mangalore. Now this is where Navya comes, I don't have to remind you how? So she has to help me in making The fool of her father believe that his daughter is actually in London." , briefed Manik making his head spin as he sat down on the recliner and chugged the remaining water to keep himself sane with all the new found information.

"And why do you think Navya will help?", spelled out Cabir.

"Your fiancé loves and lives in those fairy tale books, despite being a medical student. So she would be more than happy to help a bad boy turned good to get his 'happily ever after'", sneered Manik with a mocking smile.

"Look Cabir, you know me. I will make sure no harm reaches Navya. She has to do what I say, in front of her we put up an act of a 'happily in love couple'. I have my body guards and friends in London. If anyone is ever trying to locate Navya or even think of harming her, you know they would have to face me. Who else knows this better than you? Not just this, the misery that I had to go through all these days? This is one proper chance for me to get to know a lot of things and maybe? .. maybe find a solution to it? Please buddy. I have hardly asked anything from you. Please", begged a vulnerable Manik leaving him with no option. He looked at his friend for an unsaid promise and sealed it with a hug and smiled at him as he asked, "What about Nandini ? Does she know anything about this new found relationship in her life",joked Cabir easing the situation.

"That you leave it on me! I know the right string to pull to make my belle dance to my tunes!", whistled Manik as he exited the room leaving a bothered Cabir.

Ananda rode on her silvery stallion, escaping the palace sentinel as she bribed her Nandi into covering up for her absence in the room. Her father had gone for the monthly visit along Aridam to their neighbouring provinces. He would not return anytime soon. The infrequent opportunity of not having her Father's presence around her was very thrilling. She planned to put her prolonged fantasy into action.

Manik kept himself busy in his study while the projecting screen displayed the video of a duel. His artistic fingers worked on the canvas which was his stress reliever at this point of his life. Different palettes of colours were spread over the table along with two long swords drawn from the case. Immersed in the recollection of the memories, his creative strokes danced over the ivory canvas reminiscing them.

Maan felt burnt out after an intense duel with Kiku immediately after training the band with his signature moves to tackle any swordsman, as skilful as him. He moved to the lagoon to quench his thirst as he eyed the horses feeding on the greenery and few quaffing along the same puddle as he was.

Maan looked around to check if the horses were intact. As he was examining the horses he came across an outlandish mount which did not carry the empire's symbol unlike the others in the team.

Kiku came running towards him, " Maan, why is there an extra horse? Did you bring him along?". Maan shushed Kiku with his forefinger as he began inspecting the surrounding. He heard faint movement in the wilderness and withdrew his sword as he  sauntered towards the source meticulously.

Heedless of the time and the intrusion in the enclosed space of his room, Manik used his palm to smudge the red hue on the canvas to artistically define the twilight on his masterpiece.

He felt a needle poke the back of his neck as he heard, "Why did you kidnap me?".

Nandini held the sword right behind Manik's neck. Smiling wide at her not so valorous move, Manik wrapped his dyed fingers around the tip of the sword and swiftly pulled it over making Nandini stumble at her place as she held his waist for support cursing her naivety.

Maan spotted a lanky man, peeping through the bushes looking for something particular. He had a white turban around his head which seemed to have a shawl covering his face. Maan walked stealthily and positioned the tip of the long-sword at the back of his head summoning him.

The man who hardly reached Maan's well built torso turned around as he held his hands upwards in surrender. His piercing formidable eyes peeping through the shiny black mask were challenging on contrast to the hands which were put up.

"Snooper?", questioned Maan as the masked man shook his head to and fro indicating that he was not one. " A lost wanderer?" Concluded Maan as he eyed the mysterious man who nodded his head acknowledging the same.

"Uncover!", ordered Maan gesturing towards the mask while the incognito wanderer remained still resisting the command.

"Well, you have no other option. Either you uncover and reveal yourself so we can set you free or", Maan threw a sword at the masked man who clutched the hilt of the sword proficiently. " defeat me!", added an impressed Maan.

Entertained by the sheer reoccurrence from the past, Manik chuckled loudly and gazed at her diffident frame.

" I... I just came here to ask if I will be speaking to Papa today?", spelled out a mortified Nandini giving rise to a delightful scheme in Manik's guileful brain.

"Yes", replied Manik and added "but let us make it interesting? Now that you held a sword to my neck, I would suggest let us continue with it? A duel? If you manage to put a mark on my body you get to video call your Papa" trying to lure Nandini into accepting the offer as she held her hand out asking for the sword.

"Eager are we? And what if I manage to mark you instead? A bet is a bet!", announced Manik pushing Nandini in deep thoughts.

"No video call then! Let us settle with voice call?", chalked out Nandini gleaming at the win win situation.

"You are too innocent for your own good" , mulled an over excited Manik. The thought of having her close to him gave rise to the adrenaline rush.

The wanderer who seemed to be equipped with the sword held it straight commencing the duel. Maan hit a mighty strike at the opponent's sword startling him.

Overcoming the vigorous strike, the wanderer positioned his leg at an angle as he swiftly moved the sword cutting through the chilly air meeting Maan's.

Maan twisted his body as the swift move of the wanderer was inches away from tasting his tough flesh. Mightily dazzled with the skill of the opponent, Maan counter attacked him by pushing his sword through. The cling and clang of the swords up in the air caught the eyes of Maan's soldiers who were astonished to see someone giving a tough fight to their headman.

Nandini held the sword loosely with her inexperienced hands and tried pointing it towards Manik's. She hit the tip of his sword with hers as if they're playing a thumb war. Manik laughed loudly mortifying Nandini.

Nandini tried to scratch his skin with the tip of the sword, she moved the long sword all over hoping that it would touch him in vain.

Nandini was on the verge of giving up as none of her strikes managed to reach Manik with the huge gap of the lengthy sword which was relatively new for her demure hands. She dropped the sword on the floor and moved away from the Dias on which they stood for the duel.

Manik rapidly pulled her hands with his left as his right hand clutched the sword harder. He twirled her around and adjoined her back to his front. He slowly held her right fist and placed the sword in her hands as his fist embraced hers whilst his left hand found its way to her waist , holding her in place.

He moved her hands with his, teaching her to hold the sword and to play with it. Dazed with the sudden softness in his demeanour, Nandini was spellbound. Their gazes holding each other's , swaying to an unheard music of the sword cutting through the still air. They were lost in their world unbothered about their differences as if they were teleported to a mystic land of their own.

The wanderer warped as he hit Maan's leg toppling him. The unanticipated move detached Maan's sword from him as it fell on the nearby rock. Unarmed Maan tried squatting to tackle the equipped opponent. The masked man reached out to Maan's sword on the rock and hit the hilt of it with his own making it glide above as his left hand clasped the sword glibly.

He threw the sword at Maan hinting a fair fight, impressing Maan. They both continued fighting, neither of them ready to give up.

Maan stumbled over a small pebble as the rope on the grip of his sword caught hold of the wanderer's shawl which covered his face. The sturdy pull ripped off the light material of the turban and it touched the ground revealing the cascading luxuriant jet black hair which stopped inches away from sweeping the rocky floor.

Astonished at the new found information Maan stood rooted digesting the fact that it was a woman who fought him to this extent. The mask on her face was covering her delightful eyes which shone brighter than ever on his realisation.

Maan picked up his sword unsettled with the information while the sword woman tried blocking his blow . The unexpected move brought Maan out of his thoughts as he met her forceful strike with his ferocious one.

The novel experience of fighting with a young lady hampered his conviction. Taking cue of the distracted fighter, the maiden with a sword dragged her right leg locking it with Maan's left making him lose his balance.

Her sword skilfully hit off Maan's while her left hand made its way to his hair and pulled it  from the back of his head making him face her.

Her gleaming eyes looked at his amused ones with a winning smirk adoring her curvaceous plump lips. She held her sword right in front of his throat summoning him, while his band walked forward surrounding her unable to watch their leader's defeat.

Manik's artistic fingers painted in red dye began working its way from her hands to arms reaching her sylphlike neck. He trailed the unblemished territory of her supple skin as he left the traces of the bright red tint which was competing with the red on her supple cheeks.

"I marked you.", whispered Manik huskily and added " I won", pulling Nandini from her insentient state. She looked at the red paint spread all over her hands and neck. Nandini pushed Manik away from her, as her entire being shook with an intolerable vexation. Ashamed at the closeness with her abductor she sprinted out without looking back.

Maan signalled them to stay put. He accepted his defeat graciously, while the beaut pouted her lips letting out a melodious whistle  as a cue for her champ.

Her snowy horse made its way through the army of men, standing tall as it neighed at his highness with pride. The valiant dame walked forward as her curls danced around the chilly wind. Her faithful companion bowed towards her as she climbed the saddle with ease and caressed him lovingly as they began their ride.

Maan stared at the retreating figure wondering the cause of his distraction. The young lady riding her horse halted a bit, turned facing Maan as she uncovered the mask bestowing him with the  face that made him restless ever since he laid his eyes on her enchanting frame. She smiled slyly unknown of the eruption she had enkindled in her probable rival.

Maan grinned brightly at his winsome defeat as he grabbed his sword to encase it, his eyes caught hold of the thick tress that had itself wound around the hilt of his sword. He swiftly fastened it over the rope which had the identical strand of the beaut's hair savouring it.

Manik stared at his creation with unknown emotions flooding his eyes, after gathering himself from the momentary slip.

The bewitching beauty with luscious black hair, staring at the brawny man on his knees, as she pulled his hair making him meet her eyes while her lustrous thin sword pointed at his throat summoning him.

Manik tied the red silk cloth over the masterpiece and kept it hidden from the intruders adding it to the collection of his treasured memoirs.

Love is like a war ;
Easy to begin,
But very hard to stop.
- H.L. Mencken.

Rate the chapter out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Comments and criticisms welcomed.

Loads of Love ❤️
ValliRaghuRaman ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 12K 26
Their bodies were ablaze with cravings as they met. They were like two magnets attracted to one another; it was love at first sight, but they were bo...
1.8M 78.7K 58
SOME PARTS IN THE BOOK ARE PRIVATE TO READ THEM YOU NEED TO FOLLOW ME BECAUSE ONLY MY FOLLOWERS CAN READ THOSE PARTS. BEFORE ADDING THE BOOK MAKE SUR...
133K 7.7K 50
Separated by the destiny, connected by their hearts! Their story was like a half crescent moon, Incomplete, yet Beautiful! Dive into this romantic sa...
43.9K 3K 55
When we say "Manan", we see stars,fireflies,friendship,anger, possessiveness,betrayal,misunderstandings BUT most of all LOVE. In this story we will d...