reborn ; one piece : bnha

Від JAZORAO

one piece x kai chisaki what if the notorious kai chisaki is reincarnated in a pirate world with his memories... Більше

intro
000
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037

018

8.1K 544 83
Від JAZORAO

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

018. baroque works

To Kai, a human life could only hold as much value if it makes a difference to the world.

So, valuing oneself will never be enough despite weighting it to a certain relevance. No matter how much you try to stand out and make yourself known, the real evaluation of worth will solely depend on your potential, attitude, and contributions.

In spite of that, not everyone is born to have the same valuable fate.

Because sometimes, hard work alone can't beat a genius. Not when they were destined to be great the moment they were born, they are molded to what they are fated for.

For instance, when two people are given axes to break down a bolder, the person representing talent will naturally be skilled— executing certain techniques that makes it a lot more easier. While the other representing hard work would aimlessly try to break down the bolder with no former knowledge nor the body built for it.

In conclusion, despite how far you can get with hard work alone, it will still prove to be incomparable to talent that only works half as much. Because no matter where you go, everyone will still recognize the genius more than the person who worked their ass off to be where they are now.

Just like how a person born to a wealthy family will always be above the food chain compared to the person who worked for their money by undergoing extreme jobs.

A neverending cycle.

And Kai can't say he doesn't care about it, because in fact— he does. He came from the bottom pit of the pecking order, right before the leader of the Yakuza had found him and took him under his wing.

He knows what it was like, to feel like the world was big enough to tramp on you. He worked hard to be recognized, to make the man who took him in proud. He didn't want to disappoint.

And now that he was born again, he could now considered a genius. If he didn't have talent before, he sure does now thanks to experience.

Admittedly, he was rather intellectual in his past life, although not enough to be called a genius, he was still capable of thinking a little above average. But it was different now, and he will maintain the change.

Compared to the people here who lacks the knowledge of science, politics, or how the world rotates and how everything works— he could rise again. Make it better this time. To succeed.

And he will destroy the cycle in the process. He'll make this world equal.

And in order to do that, he had to have enough connections. To be a step ahead of everyone.

He already got that part down.

Landing on a well-known place in the Grand Line, he dusted himself as soon as he morphed back to normal. Looking around, it indeed was a refreshing sight from the overbearing atmosphere back in the headquarters.

After getting the fleet admiral himself to give consent to his wish to roam the world and increase the bounties he earned, he was practically free, not even the Admirals could stop him since he was consented to do this.

He was aware of how the World Government rules above all, so, he'll have to gather some data about that. The corrupt of all corrupt.

Pirates, Marines, the WG, and even the revolutionary ruled by his father— it'll all stand no chance once he executes his plans flawlessly. And in order to do that, he'll have to continue playing smart, be several steps ahead of everyone; not just one.

Kai wasn't looking for allies, but if ever a chance aries, he'll be more than glad to manipulate pawns like a game of chess— control the public's views, pit each sides againt each other, and overtake islands that would serve good use.

It'll all fall together, he's sure of it.

He tapped his foot impatiently, looking around. What on earth happened to this land? Everyone was down, unconscious as if beaten into that state. It wasn't all impressive since these people are weak, and he could tell with just a glance— but he certainly wasn't expecting the first island he'll collect from will already be this ruined.

He walked closer towards the few people who were starting to get up and pick themselves up, assisting one another. How touching— it makes Kai want to see the heights of their dedication.

"Who are you?" One asked shakily, catching his breath, panting heavily. Seeing the coat that draped over the boy's shoulders as he emerged from the shadows, his eyes widened to the size of saucers, realizing and recognizing just who it was.

It was hard not to know about the prodigious marine, already high ranked at his age— something unheard of before. Mr. 0 has warned them beforehand of his existence and often compared their strengths to the teenager, as if it wasn't already offensive enough.

"The Prodigy, Vice-Admiral Kai." The male breathed out before narrowing his eyes.

"So, you've heard of me?" As imagined, his voice was monotonous, charmingly deep, and holds a tone of intelligence. Talent doesn't usually show on the face but it certainly is plastered clear on Kai's, most especially those scrutinizing eyes of his— the most notable appearance of his.

That even in the shadows, the man could steal the glint of gold.

"What are you doing here? Scheming something malicious? I'm afraid you've made a mistake of stepping foot into this land. We are all civilians, fell victim from pirates." He gestured to his people

So he tried to play that card?

It was pathetic to say the least, and Kai was visibly unimpressed.

"As if I would believe that. Civilians don't run around carrying bazooka's and grenades." Kai scoffed. "Do you take me for a fool? I know everything— even a lowly organization like Baroque Works that is being ruled by the Warlord, Crocodile, in secrecy."

The man flinched away as soon as he sees Kai take another step further. There was just something so menacing about him, something so darkly sinister and intimidating. It was so unnerving.

"H-How would you know that? How can you be so sure?" The man stuttered, pushed into a corner as Kai's shadow covered the light from his eyes.

"Simple. I know everything that runs behind the dark. The black market, the scheming organizations, the corruption." He specified. "All the illegal transactions— I'm in charge with handling that information, I do the dirty work."

"What are you capable of to be considered that special? Is it your power? Hardwork? Or is it because of your family connections?"

That was very daring of him to have even said that.

"What, do you think I achieved my spot because I bear the name of my foolish grandfather? It's simple really, I don't see why everyone can't see it." Kai started in visible frustration, which was unlikely of him.

He was disappointed that despite putting so much effort into getting the message across everyone, they still fail to see it. They fail to see the lengths he's reached. But there was no necessity to explain himself, they'll be bound to know as soon as he steps on top.

And it's not like everyone in this island will live to bear the knowledge behind his craft.

He slips off a single glove before raising his hand.

LUFFY

000000. brother

Luffy was somewhere in the Grand Line, in the island called 'Little Garden' to be exact. He was with his crew, and he was also hungry.

He recently sent a letter to his dear brother but he has yet received a word of reply— it's not like he ever bothered to reply since the day he left with their grandpa but Luffy was always aware if Kai reads his letters since Garp assured him that he would check Kai's trash bin the very next day to check if he opened it.

And much to Luffy's joy, he always did, with the indication from the opened envelope and the unfolded letter. He was always happy to receive the news from his grandpa, and so was Ace— even if he left years ago. 

But ever since he sailed to be a pirate and his grandfather no longer could see him, he was becoming slightly concerned. Did Kai read his letters? Could he find the time to do so? He knows he writes stupid and ridiculous things but it always made him feel better whenever he's assured that Kai still acknowledges him, although he always failed to reply.

It would be a lie if he said he didn't miss his older brother whom he cherishes the most— and as if he would even lie about that in the first place.

It's been so long since he last saw Kai, he wonders just how he's grown, if he had changed at all, or if he was still the loveable germaphobe he was (only in his eyes). No matter, Luffy loves his brothers, his family, the people he keeps close.

And he would like to see his brother again after so many years without him.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

26.9K 908 23
It's an x reader where you are Ace's twin, as time went by you got your memories from you life and remembered one piece is a series. What will you do...
6K 151 15
(Y/N): Looks like we're entering our toughest battle yet! Kaido and Big Mom are dead ahead! But we're not going to lose to them! Let's do this! Time...
368K 8.3K 132
Monkey D. Luffy finally achieved his dream of becoming the King of the Pirates. After the adventures on the Grand Line in the world with pirates and...
148K 6.3K 18
╰┈➤JJK x Luffy fem reader. ─❝I'M Y/N, I'M GONNA BE KING OF THE PIRATES AND KICK YOUR ASS...❞ ══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══ Lɪʙᴇʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ | A very good hearted you...