The babysitter

Por Wait_For_My_Shot

Percy Jackson finally gets a break. And where did she go? The most crime ridden city in the world, Gotham. S... Más

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty-Eight

Forty-One

14K 565 170
Por Wait_For_My_Shot

I watched as the couple disappeared. " Nice to meet you!"

They waved as they turned to mist. I turned to the god, " Thank you, Hades."

" Yeah, yeah, whatever. You filled your payment for the letter. We're even." Hades waved his hand in a bored way, " Now, please my kingdom."

I smiled, " Of course." He didn't have to tell me twice. As much I respected him and admired him, I hated being under ground. But I highly doubt that he would kill me this close to Christmas, but you never know with a god.

It had been a full semester at college and Christmas was a couple days away. I had just gotten Dick's gift, I already had Tim's, Alfred's, Cass's, Bruce's and technically Damian's. Although since it wasn't on my persons, I didn't know if it would count. I hope Bruce didn't kill me for it. But now I just need Jason's. What do you get for someone you have feelings for but in a way friend zoned them since you moved away to college?

I'll figure something out, I thought as I climbed out of the cave. I squinted at the sun and shuttered at the feeling of the underworld washed off me in waves. I felt bad for Nico, who often went in there.

I wish I could have been home by now, a week and a half ago, even. But I needed Hades help with a Christmas gift, so I spent the week and a half paying the debt back. In all honesty, I had no energy to try and make it back to the manor, but the only motivation I had was to seem Damian sooner. I had been working overtime and using all my power to kill the escaped monsters and send ghost back, either bringing back the balance between monsters in Tartarus and out of Tartarus or to put dead people back where they belong. My mist travel miles were sky high, but my energy was in the negatives.

I quickly said goodbye to Black Jack, who let me wash off in the ocean before dropping me off here so I don't smell like death. Then I walked up the path, gripping the strap of the duffel bag. The presents were in my enchanted backpack that could hold anything without changing the shape of the bag or getting full. I knocked on the door and waited for Alfred to open it.

I had to say, the sudden change of temperature was not very good for me. But it was pretty to see the snow on the trees. " Ah, Miss Perseus, Master Damian was beginning to doubt your appearance."

" I'm sorry, I just had to do some last minute shopping and it took longer then I expected." I felt really bad, did Damian really think I was going to not show up. " Where is he?"

" Perhaps, I could show you to the showers." Alfred raised an eyebrow.

My face immediately went red with embarrassment and the cold from outside was thrown out by my body becoming warm. " I promise I shower regularly, I just had to meet up with a guy that lives in a cave and-"

" I believe you, Miss Perseus. There's no need to explain yourself. But to my understanding, Master Damian will probably not give you time to shower after he knows your here. He has missed you greatly." Alfred showed me to the room I would've staying in and showed me the soaps under the sink.

" Thanks, Alfred." I smiled. He nodded and closed the door. I locked it and quickly took a shower, but scrubbed hard so I wouldn't smell bad. I quickly got out and put on a new pair of sweatpants and long sleeved shirt. Towel drying my hair as much as possible before going back down to the kitchen. " Alfred?"

" Yes, Miss Perseus?" He asked.

" Do I smell better?" I cautiously took a step closer to him.

He half-heartily glared at me, but sniffed my shoulder, " Much."

" Good, now where is he?" I asked.

" Where is who?" Alfred smirked at me.

" That's not funny! I've missed him!" I groaned. It honestly felt so weird not seeing him or Cass or any of the others every day. Damian had become something of a brother and I wanted to hang out with him.

" I believe he is in his room." Alfred laughed.

" Alright, and where's Bruce? I need to talk to him about Dami'a present." I felt jittery, I was excited.

" I believe he is in his office, working on some last minute work stuff." Alfred told me, then went back to making his cookies.

" Thank you!" I said, but I was already out the door. As much as I missed Damian, I could risk him hearing what I was giving him. So I went to Bruce's office. I knocked on the door and waited the reply.

" Come in." I slipped in before Damian could walk down the hall. Bruce was sitting at his desk, reviewing paperwork. This time, instead of his suit and tie, he was in a black turtle neck and black jeans. " Ah, Percy. I'm so glad you could join us. Have you talking to Damian yet? He's has missed you."

" Not, yet. I need to talk to you about his present. Which I hope you approve of since I already bought it." I smiled sheepishly. Then I explained the present and fought for the right to give it to him. Finally, Bruce agreed and I jumped up in glee. " Thank you, you won't regret this."

" I'm sure I will. Just go say hi to my son already." Bruce rolled his eyes and waved his hand to the door.

" Right, thank you!" I walked out the door and went to Damian's. Knocking on it, it took a couple seconds before he replied.

" Go away, Pennyworth." He growled. I rolled my eyes and knocked again. " I said go away!"

I sighed, counted to ten then knocked again. The door was thrown open and Damian stood there. He had grown maybe half an inch, and his hair was a little longer. But he had a graphic-tee on instead of his white or black shirt. His nose was scrunched up in anger, " What do you wa- Percy!"

" Well, are you just gonna stand there or are you going to hug me?" I asked. I immediately kneeled down so he could run into my arms. He put his arms around my neck and his head in the crook of my neck.

" I thought you weren't coming." He sniffed.

" I know, and I'm sorry. I was getting Dick's gift and it took longer then expected." I squeezed him tight. As we stood there for a couple minutes, I began to get restless. I stood up, moving my arms under him so he wouldn't be hanging there. " Do you wanna help me wrap presents?"

Damian nodded, and I started walking to the room I was staying in. " Wait. I haven't said hello to anyone but Alfred and Bruce. Where is everyone?"

" In the living room probably." Damian murmured.

" Alright." I made my way to the living room to see Jason and Tim fighting for the next player to race against Dick in Mario cart, Cass was sitting with her controller next to Dick, who was showing her the ropes. I sat down on the couch, I muttered, " Home sweet home."

I waited a few minutes to see if anyone noticed me, another then Cass but I waved her off, with a finger to my lips. Right after Jason flipped Tim onto the floor to pin him down, I decided I wouldn't get acknowledged. " Wow." I sigh, " You come home after months of being at college and no one is happy to see you."

Cass jumped up and sat next to me, cuddling into my side. I moved my arm around her. She poked me and looked up at me, " Miss Cass saw me, of course."

" Percy!" All the older boys cried.

" I would hug you but my arms are full." I laughed. I stood up and moved Damian to my hip so I could side hug everyone. Even Tim who tried to squirm away. " What, you don't want to hug your babysitter hello?"

" Whatever." He shrugged and gave me a fist bump.

I rolled my eyes and hugged Jason, " You look well."

" So do you." He nodded at me.

" Just fuck already." Tim groaned, sitting back on the couch after getting the controller her and Jason were fighting for.

I felt my face heat up and I saw Jason get a bit more pink. Dick looked between us, " How was college, Percy?"

" It was good, kinda stressful. Kinda easy." I shrugged and looked down to see Cass hugging my hip." I liked all my classes and the professors weren't jackasses."

" What classes did you take?" Jason asked.

" Intro marine biologist, chemistry one, comp, algebra and a fighting class." I explained. Damian was still sitting in my arms and I believe he fell asleep from how quite and still he had gotten. I'm quite surprised that I hadn't collapsed on the spot as well, I guess the shower helped more then just my smell.

" Did your finals keep you so long?" Tim asked.

" No, my finals finished a week and a half ago. I was busy getting presents. But Dick, I do need your help getting one more." I smiled sheepishly.

" You we're getting presents for a week and a half?" Tim had a big smile on his face.

" No, I spent a week and a half getting a present. I needed help from a god so I spent a week and a half paying the debt."

" What all did you have to do?" Dick wondered.

" It was basically what I've been doing all my life, but a lot more mist traveling." I answered.

" What's mist traveling?" Tim raised an eyebrow.

" Um, it's hard to explain but basically teleportation." I shrugged.

" You can teleport?" They all gaped.

" Kind of. Its more like turning my body into mist and using the mist in the new place to make up my body."

" So, you can teleport." Jason confirmed.

" Can you do it now?" Tim asked.

" Um, maybe after I've taken a nap and don't have two first timers on me. I'd rather not have Alfred clean up puke." I shrugged, " But speaking of taking a nap. I'm going to go take one."

" Alright, I wake you up when dinner is ready." Dick said.

Cass squeezed me then went to sit next to Dick to play Mario Cart. I walked waved everyone goodbye and started walking. Jason shook his head, " Wow, teleportation."

" You aren't playing your game?" I asked.

" You look like your going to pass out any second now. I'm just here to make sure you make it to your room." Jason said, " When was the last you slept?"

" I've passed out a couple times. I didn't really have time to sleep." I shrugged.

" That's not healthy." Jason said.

" No shit, and it wasn't my fault. I had to get the gift." We had stopped outside my door.

" What was it?" Jason asked.

" What?"

" The present? Is it important enough to basically die for?" He asked.

" Hey, I didn't mean to go that far. And it's not my fault, and yes. I think it was." I rolled my eyes and opened the door.

" Wait." Jason stopped the door before it could close, " I'm sorry. It's none of my business what you do. And I shouldn't have judged what you did."

" I appreciate it, but you don't have to look after me. I'm a big girl, and I know my limits. This isn't anything that I can't just sleep off." I assured him.

" I have a question." Jason stopped me once again.

" Yeah?" I asked, leaning against the doorway. The exhaustion was really hitting me.

" Why didn't you say goodbye to me?" Jason looked down, as if embarrassed by asking the question so revealing.

My eyes snapped to his, " I am so sorry. I didn't mean to leave without saying goodbye."

" Then why did you?" He asked.

" I don't know. I have no excuse and I'm sorry. I know that doesn't make it better or right." I sigh. I felt so bad leaving Jason without a good bye. I don't even have a reason. I forgot? I didn't have time? I was in a rush?

" It's fine. Just next time, please say goodbye." Jason pleaded.

" I will." I smile and nod. " I really am sorry."

" Go take a nap." Jason smiled softly.

I nod and finally walk in my room. I moved the duffle bag and backpack to the floor, then softly tried to lay Damian down. Key works, tried. He wouldn't let go of my leg, so I slipped off my shoes and laid on my back with him on top. Then promptly fell asleep.

After dinner that night, I pulled Dick aside. " I need help with a present."

" What do you need?" Dick walked to his room.

" I have no idea what to get Jason. What does he like?" I laid on his bed, covering my face with my hands.

" He likes to read. He likes guns." Dick thought for a moment, " That's about it."

" Great."

" What? Did that not help?" Dick asked.

" No, not really. I feel like I got something personal for everyone. Besides Bruce. I just got him something because he's letting me stay here."

" What did you get Bruce?" Dick sat on the bed, leaning against the head board.

" A coffee machine, which is more for Tim then him."

" What did you get Tim?" Dick asked.

" I got him some coffee packets, decaf, and something my friend made. It's some technology but demigod-ified." I shrug, sitting up I turn to him, " I'll just look around the store and see something the stands out."

" Take Damian with you, he gets separation anxiety from you." He joked.

" That poor kid." I shook my head.

" And Alfred can give you a ride." Dick called after me.

" Thanks!" I shut the door. " Dami!"

I went to his door and knocked, " Come in."

Damian was sitting on his drawing using the stuff Dick got him for his birthday from me. " Hey, Dami."

" Hello, Percy." He looked up at me.

" That's so formal. Just try a 'hey.'" I offered. But he just stared at me. I sucked in a breath and sat on his bed, " I'm sorry I wasn't there for your birthday."

" It's okay. Thank you for the stuff." Damian bowed his head slightly.

" Of course. I just hope they're good products." I told him honestly, " Anyway, I need to run to the store, do you want to go with me?"

" Yes, please." He nodded.

" So," I stood up, " Come on." I beckoned him forward, but he took my hand in stead. Not that I was mad. " But, tell me about your school. Did you make any friends."

" I made acquaintances." Damian looked away from me.

" Really? That's great, Dami!" I gush, " Tell me more about them."

" There's two. Jon and Lucy."

" Jon? Jon Kent?" I asked.

" Yes. Since this is my first time in school on record they put me in the grade below." Damian growled.

I stopped and kneeled in front of him, " Hey, that's alright. At least you have Jon in your grade. And if you really don't like being in the lower grade then next year you can go back up to the grade you're supposed to be in. But I think that it will be good to have a friend like Jon in your grade."

" What about Lucy? Do you like her?" I asked.

" She is more tolerable then Jon. I can actually communicate with her. Very sensible." Damian nodded.

" Well, since you made friends I guess I got to take you out for ice cream." I smile.

" Whatever."

" Hey, Alfred? Can you take me to the store and then I have to get ice cream for the little one." I poked my head into the kitchen to see Alfred decorating cookies. " Or I can ask Dick to take me."

" It's no problem, Miss Perseus." Alfred smiled at me, " Just let me finish up this cookie."

I was looking around Barnes and Noble, looking for a couple books for Jason. Although I should have gone somewhere cheaper. But I did find a cheesecake recipe book for Damian that I was going to add to his gift. Damian was looking at the history of martial arts book a couple aisles back.

" Hey, can I help you with anything?"

I turned around to see a worker who looked very tired. I looked at her name tag to see Janice, " Um, yeah, what are your recommendations?"

" What are you into?" Janice asked.

My eyes went wide, " Um, one sec. Dami?"

" Yes?" He popped his head out.

" What types of books would Jason like?" I asked.

" He likes the classics. But he also liked a adventurous book, that I have seen him read many times." Damian answered.

" Thanks." He nodded and went back to his books. I looked to the clerk expectingly, " So?"

" I think I have just the books for you." The worker smiled and showed me a bookshelf a little over and after I picked a few books there she took me to a different bookshelf. " Alright, anything else?"

" Dami did you want something?" I asked the boy who was wondering between the aisles. He came back with two books.

" Can I get these?" He asked.

" Sure. Those two, as well." I smiled. She nodded and checked them out. " Happy holidays!"

I took Damian's hand before we crossed the street and went to the car Alfred was in. Sliding in next to Damian, I told him to buckle. " Did you guess get everything you need?"

" I guess, it just doesn't feel very personal." I shrug.

" I'm sure it will do more then suffice." Alfred assured, " Off to ice cream, I suppose?"

" If you don't mind." I smiled.

The next few days passed quickly and it was Christmas morning. I had called Nico to bring me Damian's gift, since I couldn't keep it with me. I quickly put it in my room so I could give it to him last. Damian and Cass had come to get me, so I picked them up and threw them over my shoulder to walk down to the tree. After coming home from Barnes and Noble I wrapped all the gifts and put them under the tree after editing Jason's a bit with the help of Damian.

" You guys ready?" I asked, " Did you leave cookies out for Santa?"

" Yes." Damian answered but I could feel Cass's excitement.

I sat down and Cass immediately went the tree. I heard Bruce let out a laugh, " Do you want to pass them out, Cass?"

She nodded excitedly and began passing them out to everyone. After the cue from Bruce everyone went to their presents. I saw Dick going for the one I gave him, " Nah ah, do that one last."

Dick gave me a anxious, excited look but laughed, " Okay."

Jason opened mine, " Perc, thank you. I can't wait to read them."

" Of course. And in one of them I left my own notes about it." Did I stay up all night to read and annotate that with the help of Damian when he could, yes. Yes, I did.

Cass opened her Polaroid camera and showed it to me, " Yeah, it's so you can take a picture of everything you think is interesting. And there is a place at the bottom to write what it is."

She came up and hugged me, " Thank you!"

" Of course!" I smiled.

Tim opened his, " Is this what I think it is?"

" I have no idea. My friend made that for you." I shrugged. Tim stood up and came to hug me. " Your welcome."

" Cheesecake." Damian said next to me, holding the recipe book. " Thank you."

" Of course." I smiled. I made eye contact with Bruce who gave me a confused look.

" Why would you give me this?" Damian asked, holding up the how to train a puppy book.

" I dunno." I shrugged trying to hide my excitement, " You like animals, right? You can probably get a pretty good understanding of a dog by reading that."

" I don't need this. I understand dogs perfectly well by myself." Damian rolled his eyes. He continued to open presents and I bit back a smile. I made eye contact with Jason and he shook his head, mouthing ' you did not.'

" Can I open it now?" Dick asked, holding the letter in his hands.

" Yes." I pulled Damian into my lap to hold over nerves. What if I over stepped a boundary? And he didn't even like it.

Dick carfully opened the envelope, then slowly took the letter out. He froze at what was written on the top, " My little bird?" His nose twitched in anger, " Is this a joke?"

" Keep reading." I told him.

" What is this?" Dick asked, his eyes skimming over the first line or so.

" You know how I got help. I called in a favor with my uncle. I thought you needed some encouragement." I shrugged, " But if you don't like it, I can take it back."

" Is this them? Is this..." Dick's eyes pooled with tears.

" Yes, it is. It's your parents." I smiled.

Dick finished reading the letter and hugged me tight. " Thank you, thank you."

" Of course." I pat his back as he tried to compose himself.

" What is it?" Bruce asked.

" It's a letter from my parents." Dick cried. He pulled away and gently put the letter back in the envelope. I ruffled his hair, and placed a hand on his shoulder.

" What?" Bruce's eyes narrowed at me.

" My uncle." I explained.

" You haven't opened your gifts, Perc." Dick pointed out.

" Oh, right." I blush. I was so obsessed with seeing everyone's reactions that I didn't even think to open mine. Dick had gotten me mug that said #1 babysitter. Cass got me a clownfish stuffed animal. And Damian had given me some of his drawings of fish and the ocean that he had drawn. Bruce just gave me a card of money and Alfred gave me hot coco packets with fuzzy socks.

" You ready to open mine?" Jason asked, " I didn't know what you wanted, so... I just kind of picked something."

He handed me a box and inside was a necklace with a trident on it. " Thank you, Jason. It's very pretty."

" Merry Christmas, everyone." Bruce said. He clapped his hands and then rubbed them together.

" Right!" I exclaimed. I picked Damian up and set him beside me, " Dami, close your eyes. No peeking."

Damian scowled and walked me walk away. " Damian. No peeking."

Cass smiled and got behind him to cover his eyes. I smiled at her and went to my room to get his final present. Bringing it back out, I tried my best to shush the adults and keep Damian in the dark. " Alright, hold out your hands."

" Percy, this is stupid. Why couldn't you have just wrapped it like everything else on this holiday?" He growled but I could sense he was excited.

" Do you not want it? My friend that kept it for me would be very happy to get it back." I asked.

" Just give it to me." Damian held out his hands and I gently placed it in his hands. Cass uncovered his eyes and sat back. Damian's eyes went wide.

" You got him a puppy?" Tim asked.

" Did you want a puppy?" I asked. Tim muttered and shook his head. " That's what I thought."

Damian had moved the puppy from his hands to his lap. " Now, Damian, this is a big responsibility and you have to clean up after him and train him."

" I know. Thank you." Damian looked up at me with his green eyes, sparkling with joy.

" What are you going to name him?" I asked.

" Titus." Damian confirmed.

" Really? I was thinking more like Coco, or maybe Rufus." I shrugged.

" I like Titus." Damian stroked the puppy's head. " Thank you, Percy."

" Of course." I smiled and ruffled his head.

Bruce smiled, " Welcome to the family, Titus."

4064 words

12/24/21

Holy cow, I hope this is good. I didn't proof read it, like I ever, and I hope I didn't drag it on. But happy holidays.

Pieces Angels and Stay Safe and have a merry Christmas! <3

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

24.9K 1.1K 15
When a run-in with the League of Shadows causes Dick Grayson to lose both his memory and his ability to speak, his brother Damian leaves his team and...
139K 2.7K 9
After finding happiness in Camp Half-blood, Nico di Angelo is once again ripped out of his old life. This Time, he finds himself in Gotham City, the...
265K 8.2K 61
(before I begin this is my first story, and second all the art is mine created purely for this story) Persephone Jackson, or better known as Percy ha...
121K 3.2K 33
"Jason! Please, this isn't you! Come home, let me help you! I love you!" I cried for him "I'm sorry, Y/n. This is my time to show Gotham what I'm mad...