Fragments

By laughterandjynx

**INCLUDES WATTPAD SCHOLARSHIP WINNING ENTRY** land of stories, poetry, and competition entries that don't de... More

wattpad scholarship winner: four
ss: The Rosalind Peninsula
ss: The Sandman
ss: The Bus to Lamont
ss: Marina
ss:: The Hood, the Inept, and I
ss: Emancipation
story fragment // My Twist on Fate
p: To the Boy in the Walmart Waiting Room & Other Odes
p: Funhouse & Other Body Image Poems
p: Grapefruit & Other Assault Poems
p: Pinstriped & Other Life Experiences I Won't Have
p: In Baby's Town & Other Obscure Poems
p: Two Moo & Other 10-Word Poems
p: Into the Jungle
one shot: Friendship for Dummies

story fragment // My Twist on Fate

6.7K 62 8
By laughterandjynx

This was the very first story I posted on Wattpad. Ahh, the memories. Oh! And this is probably riddled/littered with errors...so yeah. Oh! And my other stories are branched off this ONE story. It's like the grandma!

My Twist on Fate | Hate at First Sight

I gazed out the tiny window of the airplane. The pavement flashed before me, making me nauseous. I rubbed my temples and looked to the passenger sitting beside me. He was a young boy, probably around the age of eight. He had light brown hair and bright green eyes. He was a cute little fella, aside from the fact that he had his finger up his nose.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

He glanced at me shyly before stating, "My mommy told me not to talk to strangers."

"Oh, well I'm Reagan. What's your name?"

"Bentley," he replied hesitantly.

"So Bentley, where are you headed?"

"Home."

"You live in New York?"

He nodded his head before turning to talk to the little boy next to him. Hmm, they were twins. How had I not seen this before? And most importantly, where were their parents? Were they traveling alone? I shook the boogery boy and his twin from my thoughts and started stuffing random crap into my duffel bag.

I was bouncing with anticipation. I couldn't wait to see my sister after months. Sure, we skyped and texted, but it just wasn't the same as seeing her in person. We were joined at the hip, that is, until she graduated. Talia is two years older than me; she's nineteen. I felt empty when she left to go to college and I was still stuck in high school.

The plane steadily came to a stop and a stewardess announced that we were able to leave. I slid my way past the twins and slung my purse around my body and grabbed my suitcase from the overhead bin and got out of there as fast as I could.

I scanned the airport for my sister. "Talia!" I squealed, running into my sister's open arms.

"Hey Rae! I've missed you so much!"

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Who wouldn't miss me?"

She laughed and replied, "Okay, you got me there. Now that you're here, we can have special sister bonding time! And finally I don't have to watch chick flicks alone now!"

I grinned. She was so bubbly, it's like it was contagious. 'I can't wait."

"Oh!" she exclaimed. "I can't believe I forgot. I need to introduce you to someone! Jayden, come here!"

A guy appeared by her side. He had curly brown hair with a hint of gold. "Jayden this is my sister, Reagan. Reagan this is my boyfriend, Jayden," Talia chirped.

"Hi," he said, offering his hand.

I firmly shook it; was there any other way to shack hands? I raised an eyebrow. "So you're the famous Jayden. Talia has told me so much about you. Actually all she talks about is 'Jayden this', 'Jayden that'".

He turned to Talia and gave her a knowing look. She blushed and immediately

demanded, "I do not! Reagan, admit that isn't true!"

"It's alright, babe. I know I'm irresistible."

She rolled her honey eyes. "You're just like Reagan, so arrogant."

I playfully pushed her and Jayden immediately smacked my hand away, causing me to recoil. There was a red hand mark imprinted on my skin. It stung with pain. I gently rubbed my arm and glared at him. "What the hell was that for?"

He shrugged. "Jayden! Apologize to her this instant," Talia scolded.

His dark blue eyes turned to an icy shade of blue. "Sorry," he murmured.

I didn't like this guy at all. What did Talia see in him? He seemed so violent, yet whipped by her. Huh, maybe it was just me.

"C'mon, let's get your baggage," Talia said, grabbing both of us by the arms and dragging us away.

For being so skinny, she sure was strong. I saw the twin boys form my flight. An old lady was fussing over Bentley's hair, combing it with her fingers. The other twin was pointing and laughing. Bentley looked annoyed, and was still picking his nose. The baggage carousel began to move. "I forgot to ask, how was your flight?" Talia asked.

"Pretty good, I guess. I was asleep for most of it. Oh! I have to tell about this stewardess. She was serving drinks and spilled this whole cart on this sleeping bald guy, He woke up it looked like he stepped out into a rainstorm. You should've seen her trying to apologize, it was ridiculous. Her voice was so annoying though. It was all nasally and pitchy. The guy started yelling and demanded that he get two free packs of peanuts. He got them, but it ended up he was slightly allergic to them. It was a good thing he had an epipen or whatever, because he probably would've died or something. He said he had memory loss..."

She chuckled, "Wow."

I saw my bright blue suitcase peeking out from around the corner and went to retrieve it. It was extremely heavy; what did I pack in here, bricks?

"Jayden, go help her!"

I could hear him grown, but he reluctantly helped me. He effortlessly lifted it off the belt and carried it to Talia with one hand. "Show off," I muttered.

"What was that?"

"Nothing. Thanks for helping me."

I took the suitcase from his hand, lifted the handle, and began walking. "So I was thinking we would catch up after lunch?" Talia suggested.

"Yeah, okay. Where do you want to go?"

She shrugged, "Wherever you want."

"McDonalds?"

"Still a fatty, I see," she teased.

"Just because I like McDonalds does not mean I'm fat!"

"It kinda does..."

"Sorry we're not all model-thin like you."

"You should be."

"Who's the arrogant one, now?"

"Still you."

"Whatever. I'm in the mood for fast food."

"Okay, okay. I guess I'll just have to throw up after I eat."

I looked at her incredulously. "What?"

"I'm joking, sis. Relax. McDonalds okay with you, darling?"

Jayden nodded, seeming kind of distant. "I see you've changed your taste single high school. Your past boyfriends have been rather loud and outspoken."

"Oh trust me. Once he starts talking, he can't shut up. It's a miracle when he shuts up."

I laughed, unable to believe it. We drove to McDonalds. "Hi, I'd like a double cheeseburger, a large fry, and a large chocolate shake, no cherry," I ordered.

"Will that be all?" the cashier asked, boreed.

"Yup."

"Your total is $7.89. Will that be for here or to go?"

"Here," I answered, handing her crumpled ten-dollar bill.

I collected my food and went to sit down with Talia and Jayden. I unwrapped my sandwich and began chowing down. "So how are mom and dad doing?" I asked.

"You saw them like a week ago," Talia chuckled. "They're good I guess. They really like Jayden's parents."

You see, my mom and dad went to New York before me. I had exams to take before I was finally done with senior year.

"Well that's good. They didn't lecture him like your last boyfriend?"

"Nope. Well, I mean they gave they're usual speech. But they didn't interrogate him. He's a keeper and he's got a cute brother."

She winked at me. "Whoa, there," Jayden said.

"Don't worry, babe. You're the only one I have eyes for," she reassured, giving him a peck on the cheek.

I rolled my eyes at her cheesiness. That line has been used like a billion times. I wondered what Jayden's brother looked like...hmm. Nah, he's probably a jerk just like his brother.

"I have to go to the bathroom," Talia declared.

"You don't have to announce it, just go," I said.

Talia left and I began munching on my fries and slurping my shake. Jayden started glaring at me. Aware of his evil looks, I asked, "So how long have you been together?"

"Three years."

"Oh, well that's nice."

"Yeah, it is.

Hurry up Talia. I could feel the tension in the air. "Why do you hate me?" I blurted.

"I don't hate you."

"So then why are you glaring at me."

"I don't like you."

"But you just said-"

"I said I didn't hate you. I never said I liked you."

"What did I ever do to you?"

"You hit my girlfriend."

My jaw dropped. "Are you serious? Are you dead serious? Talia is my sister."

It was a light push. It wasn't like I punched her in the face or anything. If anyone had the right to hit her, it was me!

Thankfully Talia showed up. "I have to go out with the girls tonight. Do you mind if I go?" she gave me an apologetic smile.

Yes of course I mind. I just got here and you're leaving me alone? "No, go have fun!"

"Thanks love! I promise we'll have movie night tomorrow."

I scarfed down the rest of my food and followed Talia out the door. She pulled up to a brick mansion with neat bushes surrounding it. Everything was just so perfect; it's like it was ripped out of a magazine.

"Aren't we dropping Jayden off?"

Jayden chortled and I whipped around. "What's so funny?"

"Reagan, welcome to mi casa."

"You live here?"

"Duh."

"Talia, you didn't tell me you lived with him."

"You didn't ask."

It would've been nice information to know."

I jumped out of the car and waited by the intimidating door for someone to unlock it. "You don't mind keeping Reagan company, do you?" I heard Talia ask Jayden.

"But-"

"Great. See you in awhile. Bye sis!"

I turned around and waved. She winked at me and drove off. I heard Jayden mumbling incoherently. He didn't look to happy, as he took his sweet time getting to the door. I tapped my impatiently. This guy was really getting on my nerves. "Could you go any slower?"

I'll get there when I get there," he growled.

"Touchy."

He gave me his signature glare and unlocked the door. I stepped inside. Wow. This guy was loaded. There was a light, intricate design on the golden wallpaper and the floors were dark mahogany–my favorite. "You live here alone?"

"No, this is my parents' house."

Oh, well that explained a lot. "Are my parents here?"

He shrugged. "They stay here, if that's what you're asking."

I obviously was not going to get a straight answer from him. I kicked off my neon-orange flip-flops and strolled down a hallway until I realized I didn't know where I was going. I retraced my steps. "Jayden, where am I supposed to stay?"

"Unfortunately, here."

I bit my lip. Seriously, this guy was getting on my last nerve. "Please, Jayden?"

"Figure it out."

And with that, he left the room. I sighed. This was going to be a long summer.

I wandered this place for like an hour and still no signs of life. Jayden disappeared off to no man's land and I still haven't found my parents. I even tried calling out his name, a desperate attempt to get settled. I should've just called Talia, but I didn't want to disturb her. I didn't want to seem like the clingy little sister, if you know what I mean.

I found the living room earlier, so I went there to relax. I sunk into the leather couch. It was so comfy; if heaven could be a couch, this would be it. I fell into a deep slumber.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 3.2K 38
wander ; verb to move about without a fixed course , aim or goal . " im just living.." - r'monei
29.7K 2.1K 51
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬/𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...
5.2M 45.8K 55
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
113K 4.4K 9
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"