Can People Change?

By 4Day_Dreamers

Skye. Skye Isabella Harper. Niall. Niall James Horan. Two people who used to be close, best friends to tell... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 3

589 11 5
By 4Day_Dreamers

The plot of this story is owned by us. Do not steal.

Vote, comment and fan xx

*********************

Chapter 3

Skye's POV

"No."

"We look forwa- wait, WHAT!?" Mr Cowell screams at me as if I had made the worst decision in my life.

I sigh. If only Niall Horan wasn't ever in my life, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

"Why? Miss Harper, please really consider your answer through again. I will give you more money -"

I cut him off, my voice harsh, "Mr Cowell it has nothing to do with money! It's just about my past with one of the band members." I start to get quiet near the end of the sentence, my voice nearly a whisper.

I realised I just told Simon Freaking Cowell that I had a bad past with one of the members of One Direction. Oh dear Lord, please make sure he didn't hear that, I silently pray in my mind.

"Look Miss Harper. Just give the job 2 weeks tops and if you don't like it you can quit whenever you want. I promise, but please give this a chance." I don't think he heard what I said, thank you!

I thought for a moment. If I was known as One Directions' back up dancer, I would get more job offers. Plus I could quit whenever I want, well after the two weeks. I sigh lifting my head up that had been looking at my feet in deep thought.

"Ok." I whispered more to myself than anyone.

"Great, that is fantastic! Would you be able to come to my office as soon as possible so I can hand you your contract?

"Sure."

"Oh and I will inform the boys with the news, seeing as you will be "bunking" with them, I guess you will have to meet them!" He said in a "duh" voice. "How about tomorrow 12pm you and the boys go out to lunch together?"

"Umm- well..ahh I kind of hav-"

He cut me off. "That wasn't a question Miss Harper." It's like I could hear the smirk on his face.

"Yes sir." I grabbed my keys getting ready to leave my apartment and start my drive to Simon Cowells office.

"Is there anything else I need to know Mr Cowell?" I ask hoping he would say no, so I could get going.

"Actually yes just one quick thing. Please, please stop calling me Mr Cowell. Simon or Uncle Si will do just fine." He begged me to stop calling him that. I silently chuckled.

"Sure M- Simon."

"Okay. See you soon dear!" He was really chirpy.

Argh! I really just wanted to sleep. I couldn't deal with all of this in one day. Memories of Niall, meeting Simon Cowell, knowing I will be living with Niall.

I sigh, thinking this day through. I'm sick of today and it's only just the beginning.

*************************

Liam's POV

Tour was in two weeks. We really needed our lead back up dancer. Simon said he looked into some girls and he may have found the one. He was going to give her a call today. Danielle would have offered but she has her career. Just as I was thinking of all this Simon's number popped up on my screen.

"Hey, Uncle Si!" I said cheerily.

"Hey Liam. Do you reckon you could round up the boys and put me on loudspeaker?"

"Yeah sure, won't be a second." I said quickly going to get the boys. I couldn't be bothered to walk upstairs and get them so I said the only thing to get their arses down here.

"Uncle Si is on the phone!" I shouted up the stairs. Not even seconds later you could hear loud footsteps rumbling down the steps. We all ran over to the couch to where my phone was and I quickly put it on loudspeaker.

"Hello Boys!" We all responded back quickly, curious to find out why he had called us. Maybe something had gone wrong with the tour? I really hope not because I love to go on tour with boys who are basically my brothers. It would kill me and especially the boys if something went badly wrong, I'm just praying it's a good thing.

"So boys, I have some great news." I saw the boys tense bodies relax as Simon said this and I'm pretty sure mine did as well. Simon continued, "But, I also have some bad news." At this moment we tensed once again.

"Well what is all this news Uncle Si?" Louis' voice sounded worried and we all sat awaiting his answer.

"Okay well we found a new lead back-up dancer!"

"So I'm guessing that was the good news now what's the bad news?" I said shakily.

"Well....shedoesn'tknowifshewantstodoitsoshemayonlystayfortwoweeks" Simon said that all in one breath and I didn't understand a word.

"Simon slow down it's not a race." Niall joked trying to lighten the situation.

Simon sighed and slowly spoke. "She doesn't know if she wants to do it so she may only stay for two weeks."

My mouth fell agape. Who wouldn't want to spend a couple months on a tour bus with one direction and going to concerts as their back-up dancer?

"When I mentioned that there wasn't enough space on the dancers bus and told her she would have to stay on your bus, that's what I think made her turn it down."

"What's her name Si?" Zayn asked out of curiosity.

"Skye Harper." I looked up at the boys and they were all looking at me except for the blue eyed boy.

***************************

Skye's POV

I decided to just sign the contract after having a quick skim of it. I mean it was 45 pages long, did he really think I would read all of it? I decided to get this over and done with, so I grabbed my car keys and left my apartment.

****************************

I got into the office and went straight forward to the administration desk.

"Hello, my name's Skye Harper, I'm looking for Mr Cowell's office?" I said to the short blonde who had her full attention on me.

"Yep you go down that hall, turn left, keep going forward, take another left and I'm pretty sure you will know when you're there." She smiled at me once more and I returned it quickly. I followed her directions and when I got there, I stood in front of a large black door. Wow, it felt like I was about to walk through the door to hell.

I knocked two times and got directions to come in. I slowly walked in and took a look around. It was a large room with a brown desk, on the back wall placed in the middle, and the one and only Simon Cowell was sitting right there.

"Miss Harper, I'm so happy to see you in person. How are you dear?"

"I'm fine Simon, how about you?" I smile sincerely at him.

"Well I could calm down as soon as you tell me that you have considered the job." He smirks at me obviously knowing the answer.

"Yes I agree to the job. But if I don't like it after two weeks I'm leaving. Simple." I cross my arms and stare at him waiting for a reply.

"Contract?" I pass him over all the papers that were stapled together. I get up and walk over to the door, my hand ready to open the large black door.

"Um, Miss Harper?" I turn around to show Simon my full attention, hand still on the door knob.

"Don't you think it's better to be extremely happy for a short while, even if you lose it, than to be just okay for your whole life?"

I look at him confused. What the hell is he talking about? He again just puts a smirk on his face and continues.

"Think about it. Goodbye Miss Harper and I will text you the details for tomorrow's lunch."

With our last exchange of goodbyes I leave Simon Cowells office. I would have thought that my mind would be jumbled up with all different things but it was only focused on one thing.

Tomorrow's lunch.

**************************

Hope you enjoyed it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.9K 386 49
Gabby is a junior high school student in Atlanta. She had a vacation in London with her family which lead her to knowing Harry and his 1 direction f...
11.7K 374 30
Emma Jones and Liam Payne have been the best of friends ever since they met in chorus class back in grade school. Two years after the creation of One...
5.3K 229 24
4 girls tricked by a fake Harry Styles kik account and a new friendship that stars between these 4 girls! After a while there dreams come true includ...
777K 6.7K 31
Rhiannon Crookes. A quiet country girl from a small town in England who spends her life hiding behind a fake smile. Her life has been a rollercoaster...