Waiting for Never - Post Malo...

By Pepepolly

"Get out of my house Jonas or I will throw another bottle and this time, I swear to you - I will not miss," A... More

Africa
Stay
Nothing
Psycho Killer
The fixer
Run
Sex on fire
Spooky, scary skeletons
Skinny Love
fly away
Candy Cane Lane
Exile
Kiss the girl
Happier
Circles
Days like this
On the road
Enemies
Pieces
I Fall Apart
Better Now
Home
Dog days are over
Satisfaction
Friends in Low places
Make you feel my love
Epilogue

Riptide

115 6 0
By Pepepolly

November 1st is the expected release date for Austin's album, just in time for Christmas shopping is what the marketing department said. In the lead-up, to the release date, the record label gets Austin to 'accidentally' leak a little snippet of one of his songs on his social media which resulted in social media crashing for a few hours. There is a PR relationship made between Austin and some small-time actress who is dating some big-time actor but the love triangle is so messy and soap opera-like of course it makes headlines for weeks. Throwing all three of them into the spotlight - classic PR bullshit. Austin is booked on talk show after talk show, his charm and wit winning over the audience and host in seconds. His rider is not long, it only has two requests he refuses to negotiate on. The first, he would like an endless selection of liquor and the second is if they have to spend a night or more away from LA the hotel and venue needs to be able to accommodate his dogs, his dogs who will be with his assistant at all times. "He has lost his mind, dragging us all over the country," she says to Otis who just looks at her with a tired face. She loves his big bear face. Austin does not drag Marli to any more LA parties though. But he does always phone her just as the sun is rising, slurring the address through the phone and begging her to fetch him. He has a driver and his bodyguards with him even, but he still phones Marli and waits for her to collect him and take him home, to clean him up and soothe his rattling mind. With each phone call, Marli loses a little bit of herself, a little bit that Austin keeps. When Marli is sorting through his schedule for the end of October she sees that a week in New York is planned, four talk shows, two event appearances, and two photoshoots will keep Marli and Austin very busy. She hopes she gets to see her parents, she speaks to her mum every day but has not seen them since she left almost ten months ago. She is not going to tell her mother she is going to be in New York just in case she can't see her. It's for the best. Marli's mother is South African and South African women are not good at holding their tongues. Yes. This is for the best. 

~

Otis is whining so much that Marli unbuckles herself from her chair and lays down on the plane floor with him. He stops whining immediately and Colt takes that as a confirmation to throw his big body over Marli. If you did not know she was there, you would be forgiven for not seeing her. Willadeene, Austin's seemingly last loyal dog is curled up next to him with her head resting on his lap. A soft smile is playing on Austin's lips as he watches Marli. 

"Go through my schedule again for this week in New York, please. " 

"We arrive tonight night at 11:30 pm. Saturday you have SNL from 6 am to 11:30 pm. Sunday you have the Late Show with Stephen Colbert from 10 am to 6 pm. Monday you have a photoshoot for Gucci from 5 am to 8 pm. Tuesday you have an appearance at an art gallery that starts at 2 pm. Wednesday is The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon from 11 am to 5 pm. Thursday is Good Morning America from 4 am to 9 am. Then you are free until Saturday when you have an interview and photoshoot for GQ from 8 am to 5 pm. Then you have an event for Levi that starts at 8 pm. Sunday we fly back to LA. Busy, busy boy." 

"We are free from Thursday afternoon till Saturday morning?" 

"Yes." 

"So would you like me to phone your mother and make arrangements to meet up or would you like to do that?" 

Marli would sit straight up if she could push Colt's dead weight off her. "Um...no, my parents are busy."

"Don't you lie to me. You phone or I will."

"You have my mother's number?" 

"Your father's too."

"That's weird."

"I also have their address."

"You are crazy."

"Thank you."

"Not a compliment."

~

Saturday at the SNL set Marli finds herself watching Austin singing a weird song about girls who used to be as sweet as bubblegum. He is wearing short Jean cutoffs and a leopard print scarf so she is winning really. She has also seen the sailor outfit he will be wearing in his next skit and hopes she won't disintegrate when he puts on the leather shorts and mesh top that's hanging neatly by said sailor outfit for a later skit. When he does finally prance out in the leather singing a song from the eighties Marli decides SNL is her favorite show. Sunday and the Late Show with Stephen Colbert is a hit and as expected Austin charms everyone he meets on set. Monday has a 4 am start as Austin needs to be on set by 5 am for Gucci, the day passes in a blur. Tuesday and Wednesday are relaxed but Marli thinks she just might die when Austin introduces her to Jimmy Fallon, she has always been a fan. But when Austin appears later in a three-piece tartan suit to sing a ridiculous song with Jimmy - Marli dies. All through the week, Austin disappeared after each commitment and then showed up just before the next a little drunk and a little high.

Thursday morning Marli is expecting the same when she is waiting for Austin in the car that will take them to the Good Morning America set.  Marli is sure she is still dreaming when a fresh-faced Austin hops into the car. Marli spends the whole show trying to see if Austin is drunk, high, or hungover. It looks like he is none of those things. When they are back at the hotel Austin hands her a backpack. "I have already packed everything I need until Saturday morning. You do the same. Put it in here. Jonas is going to look after your dogs, just take them to his room. When you are done meet me in the underground parking. Thirty minutes." He still looks sober, but he does look a little nervous.

~

It's a fucking Harley-Davidson. That's what Austin is leaning casually on when Marli makes it down to the parking garage. He has his cowboy boots, dark blue jeans, and white v-neck shirt on. The sight of him makes Marli's legs feel like jelly. She wants to throw her arms around him and cover his mouth with hers. She considers herself a saint with how she manages to control herself around him. "Have you ever been on a motorcycle?" he asks. Marli shakes her head. "OK, it's normal to feel nervous. But l got you, trust me," he assured her. Marli moves a little closer "I am not nervous, when you are around I feel like I could touch the sky," she says.  Austin stares at her for a beat then pulls her to his chest "What am I doing?" he says under his breath. Then pulls away and puts a hoodie on himself and then on Marli. "Driving around New York on a motorcycle is really the only way. With my tattoos covered and my face under the helmet, no one is any the wiser," he explains while he helps Marli with the helmet strap and then flicks her visa down. "Put the backpack on your back. I am going to climb on then you get on and slide up as close as you can behind me, wrap your arms around my waist. Put your feet on these footrests," he instructs flipping the footrests out on the bike. "When I stop at a light don't take your feet off the footrests I will hold the bike up myself. Also when I take a corner don't lean on your own just relax and let your body move along with mine. Ok?" he asks. Marli nods and gives him a thumbs-up for good measure.

Austin laughs then puts his helmet and gloves on, he grabs the handlebars and swings his right leg over the Harley. He pulls the bike straight up and kicks the bike stand into the bike while straightening out the front wheel. He pushes a button and the engine roars to life. Marli was so busy looking at how Austin's powerful thigh muscles were constantly straining under his jeans that she nearly jumped out of her skin at the sound of the engine. Austin needs a moment to calm his laughing. Then he motions for her to get on. She does and can't stop the butterflies in her stomach as she slides her arms around Austin. She also can't help but notice how well she seems to be able to mold her body against his. Almost like they were made for each other. Austin kicks his feet off the floor and then they are moving forward. Marli relaxes her body like Austin said and lets it flow with Austin's as he weaves in and out of the heavy New York traffic. When they stop at a set of traffic lights her breath hitches as Austin's muscles twist and strain when he moves his leg out and holds the bike up. It would be fine if Austin was not sitting in between her thighs, but he is and the movement has an effect. Austin seems to hit all the red lights after that.

Being on a Harley in New York is a very different experience than when in a car, it's freeing. They get to a stretch of road that allows Austin not to have to weave slowly through traffic and so at the opportunity he pulls the throttle giving the Harley some gas and picking up a little speed. Marli loves the feeling and without thinking she lets go of Austin, putting her hands out as if she's flying, letting the wind dance through the tips of her fingers. She feels Austin's left arm snake around her waist as he pulls per flush against his back. Austin seems to be taking the long way round to her parent's house and Marli is not complaining. She would stay here forever if she could. Eventually, though Austin turns into her street and she can see her parent's building come into sight. It would feel good coming home if only this was home. Thing is, home is Utah now. But still, she is excited to see her family. Austin parks the Harley and turns the engine off then helps Marli off. They both remove their helmets. Still sitting on his Harley, Austin cocks his head and raises his eyebrows in question to Marli. "I loved that! I want to get one!" She says bouncing on the balls of her feet.

Austin laughs and shakes his head crossing his arms over his helmet that is resting on the seat between his legs "I don't think so. If you wanna ride, it will only be with me. Motorcycles are dangerous, lil mama," he says. Marli feels like she should be offended, but she can't help but preen at his overprotective reaction. "You know we don't have to sleep the night here. We can just stay for dinner and then head back to the hotel." She says.  Austin gets off the Harley and takes the helmet Marli is holding. "Were you not present for the phone call you made to your mother? Because I was. Leaving to go back to the hotel is not an option," Austin says as he straps the helmets to the Harley and then takes the backpack from Marli. He clears his throat and puts on the worst South African accent Marli has ever heard "Do you not like my food? Is my house not good enough? Are my beds not fancy enough? You are only staying for one night? Why Marrrrrilze do you break my heart so?" he says, repeating what Marli's mother had said on the phone to her. Marli's mouth drops open. "On behalf of all South Africans, please never do that again," she says, Austin laughs and takes Marli's hand leading her to the front door. "Come on, let's get off this street before someone recognizes me," he says.

Standing on the tenth floor in front of the familiar door Marli's nerves set in and judging by Austin's sudden patience and quietness he is fairing no better. She takes a deep breath and knocks. The front door is flung open in seconds and Marli's mother's face appears. There are tears and tight hugs all around. When Marli is finally released she introduces Austin. "Oh, Marlize! Hy is aantreklik. Jy moet met hom trou."

"What did she say?"

"She said you look OK, but your cowboy boots suck."

"Marlize! That is not what I said. I said you are very handsome and she should marry you."

Austin's eyes go wide. Marli would be more embarrassed, but her mother says that every time she is within touching distance of a man, she had known it was coming. They are ushered inside and welcomed by her Dad. Her brother, Luan is trying to be normal but is clearly star-struck and is battling to find even the most simple word. After dinner, Marli and Luan are washing dishes when Marli asks Luan not to let anyone know Austin was here. "I won't tell anyone. Ma already said I can't take any pictures so even if I did tell people they would not believe me," Luan groans.  Back in the lounge, Marli's mother asks Austin one question after the next, where did you go to school? If singing does not work out what is plan B? Brothers? Sisters? Family? Shoe size?  She also comments on the Harley, will he trade it in for a car? She also wants to know if Austin has plans to move to New York one day too. If it had been anyone else Marli would ask her mother to back off. But it's Austin so Marli sits back and just watches. Bless him though. He answers each question with so much heart and soul, although he does skim past the question about his family. Strange. Other than that Marli can tell he is enjoying her mother's nosy questions.

By 10 pm Marli can hardly keep her eyes open and suggests that it's time for bed. Austin agrees and asks where Marli's room is. Her mother stills. "Oh dear. No, no. We play by South African rules in this house. Austin you will be bunking with Luan. Boys and Girls…separate," she says. Austin looks like he is going to protest for a second, but instead nods and follows her mum and brother to Luan's room. "I have the top bunk," Luan says as he climbs up into his bunk  "Well will you look at that, actual bunk beds," Austin says as he turns to look at Marli who is not even trying to hide her shit-eating grin. Austin turns back to Marli's parents. "Well sir, ma'am, thank you for your hospitality, goodnight," he says and walks into Luan's room closing the door behind him. Marli quickly goes to her room before her mother can pounce on her.

It's midnight and the once-tired Marli is unable to sleep. She eventually gives up and wanders into the kitchen for a snack. She finds Austin sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of tea. "Sorry, I could not sleep. I didn't think your mom would mind," he holds up the tea. "She would have been upset if you had not made tea. I am making a snack, you want anything?" Austin shakes his head. "Your mom guilted me into four helpings at dinner. I am still full," Austin says rubbing his belly. Marli lets out a small chuckle. "That's mums for ya. I am sure your mum will be the same if I ever meet her that is," Marli says. Austin snorts. "You will never meet her. You will never meet either of my parents," Austin huffs out. Marli's face falls. That hurt. It was so stupid of her to think he would want that.

"Aaw shit, I didn't mean it like that. Come here, lil mama."

Austin grabs Marli by the wrist and pulls her gently towards himself. Marli swings her leg over Austin so she is now sitting, straddled over him. "My parents are not good people. They don't deserve to know you. I don't deserve to know you. My parents…are not good people."  Austin's face is twisted in anger as he talks and Marli wants to kiss it away. She captures his face in her hands and leans in attaching their lips. Marli breathes into it, dragging her fingers through Austin's short soft curls. His arms are tight around her waist and he pulls her closer. She listens as Austin's breathing grows sharper as he slides his tongue into Marli's mouth. His hands roam slowly up her back and shoulders and then back down to her ass where he squeezes. The kiss is heating up fast. Austin breaks the kiss, still keeping Marli tight within his embrace, leaning back slightly to look up at her. “You’re something el…” he starts but doesn't get to finish as she grinds down making his breath hitch drawing a soft moan from his delicious mouth. “Yeah, baby?" she asks as she grinds down again and Austin's eyes roll back in his head a little. 

He pushes up and starts to kiss Marli again, even deeper this time. "Let's go," Marli whispers as she pries his hands off her back, stands up, and leads him to her room. When they get to her bedroom door Austin stops and pushes her up against the passage wall. He kisses her again, breathing in oakwood and leather till she feels light-headed. She tries to push him away so she can pull him into her room, but he only pushes her harder against the wall. After a while, he breaks the kiss and rests his forehead on hers. She knows he is going to stop this and she is desperate for him not to. "Please Austin," she begs but he is shaking his head.

"No, not here."

"Where then? Take me anywhere. Please Austin."

"Hush, lil mama."

He pulls his head back to look down at her. "I am no good, broken even. I am trying real hard not to pull you down with me."

"Would it be pulling if I follow freely?"

Austin surges forward and kisses Marli again. She can't help but whimper when Austin pulls back.

"We need to stop this."

"I don't want to stop, please Austin take me to bed."

"Please don't ask me again. I am trying and I need you to not ask again."

Marli is desperate to ask again, but the look in Austin's eyes suggests she better not play that game. "I want to help you," She whispers, but Austin is already shaking his head. "To do that I would have to let you, for now, just distract me," he says. His words sting, but she knows they are true. "Let go of me," she says. Austin does and immediately takes a step back. Marli does not look at him when she slips into her room.

Alone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 355 56
"I have no right in asking this and part of me wants to feel guilty for asking. I want to go home, to Utah. Delilah will you come with me? I can't be...
1.1K 146 22
Whitney can be any one you like. Cleo, Spice, Cherry, Scarlett, Lacy, Brandy, Angle, Ginger, Aspen or Trixie depending on which of her A-list celeb c...
5.7K 395 49
She has actively tried to get as far away from him as possible after he dumped her belongings she had left behind on her friend's front lawn and then...
4.7K 276 38
"That is not clothing, it's not even underwear," he says, his voice strained. "No, but it is very provocative don't you think?" she says - her voice...