𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡...

By haleyboook

druig x oc ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── "I'll love you until the day the sky comes falling down on us." "Only... More

prologue
beginnings
averted gazes
party
sky fall
repercussions
natural born leader
mission
quit it
cosmic coldness
phastos
history
jealousy
confiding in friends
confrontation
dreams
grovel
slip ups
engagement
sersi x ikaris wedding
suppressed emotions
expose secrets
home
final battle
departure
new community
drunken adventures
rings
small details
future
yellow
family
unknown identity
my wife
memorials
makkari returns
liability
the night she left
finding serendipity
ignorance is bliss
compromise
ikaris' betrayal
more than a betrayal
Q & A
emergence
killing tiamut
ajak's betrayal
life restored
storybook wedding
saying goodbyes
epilogue

remember me

9K 324 216
By haleyboook

╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

"Remember me, though I have to
say goodbye. Remember me,
don't let it make you cry.
For even if I'm far away I hold
you in my heart."

╚═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╝

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"Stay Thena. Stay. Remember.. Repeat it."

"Stay."

The deviant is punched away from me and I whip around seeing Gilgamesh standing behind me. He saved me.

"Go! Run! Get out of here!"

Thena nods and I sprint away quickly.

That was the last conversation I ever had with Gilgamesh.

I never thought that would be the last time I ever spoke to that sweet and kind man.

He saved my life.

I sprint through the forest terrified as I hear deviants roar around me.

Sprite shouts my name frantically as her and Kingo begin defeating a deviant. "Maya!! Maya! God where the hell are you!? Maya!"

Kingo says "Keep them distracted sprite!"

"I am kingo! Maya doesn't have her powers and she could be getting mauled by a deviant right now!"

I scream as a deviant swoops down screeching behind me. It's tentacles slashing my back. I see bright laser beams shoot the deviant and Ikaris shouts "Get to safety! Now! Go!"

I nod quickly as I begin to run. The blood trickling down my back.

I freeze as I run past a human decapitated on the ground beside me. Mauled and shredded by a deviant.

My hands shake and I stare at it feeling nauseous immediately.

I never want to see a dead body again.

This is a first.

Ikaris is flying above me with the deviant screeching and attempting to claw at him. "I told you to go!"

I look to the dead body and Ikaris shouts "Leave it! Go!"

I hesitantly run forward feeling the adrenaline course through my veins but mostly covered in pure fear

God, fuck my life

I hate this.

I should have just stayed with Druig..

Kingo slides under the deviant and says "Kablamo."

He fires a cosmic ball from his hands up under the deviants chin piercing straight through the deviants brain.

Why are the deviants specifically trying to take me out?

Oh god. The screeching is getting closer.

Sprite huffs and Kingo says "Karun!? What are you doing?!"

"We need action shots sir!"

"Are you crazy?!"

"It's very good for your documentary! We need action shots!"

Sprite grabs the camera from Karun's hands and throws it against the shed.

And of course, is it even surprising any longer that the deviants are coming after me again?

God why am I such a slow runner??

Druig shouts towards me "Get inside now!"

He leaps over the deviants tail, climbing its back quickly. Angering it but skillfully firing bullets into it. I freeze as he single handedly takes on the deviant. It screeches and cowers away from us. Sprinting off to bother someone else.

Druig lands in a superhero pose and says "Maya are you alright?"

I nod and the towns people rapidly shoot at the deviants. He grabs my shoulders and says "Maya."

I shake my head and say "I saw a dead body... it-it was a first. I just saw a dead body- a real life dead person.. it's- it's- in the woods. I think.. oh my god it was disgusting. I couldn't even tell if it was a man or a woman... there was just so much... blood."

He shakes my shoulders and says "I need you to get some composure. Now is not the time to freak out, my love. Hold yourself together and get to my cabin for safety."

Sersi grabs Druig's shoulder spinning hand around and distracting him from me. "Druig... release them."

He looks to the humans shooting and fighting under his control. "This isn't their fight Druig. Please... you're better than this."

I feel my hands tremble as I hear the deviants screeches throughout the Amazon. There's too many. Kingo screams "it's a set up! There's too many of them!"

Sprite quickly runs towards me quickly hugging me and gasping as she feels the warm blood on my back.

Sersi says "Druig... please. They're innocent."

Druig lifted his arm, his eyes glowed gold and he quickly freed the towns people from his mind control. "Go! Get to the river! Now! Quickly!"

Sprite says breathlessly "Maya's injured-"

We're cut off as I flinch at the screeching of the deviants. One of its tails sweeps Sprite and I's legs. Sprite falls into a pile of hay and I slam into a reinforced home Sersi protected with her powers.

Honestly it was pretty comical.

Like a bird against a windshield.

It's like a bug against a window and Sersi's ill timed laughter cuts in.

It quickly stops when the deviant launches itself at her.

Attempting to drown her under the water of the fountain.

That fountain is so familiar. I remember it when we entered. God why is it so familiar

I think she only made the deviant angrier. Druig quickly turns towards the approaching Deviant Ikaris is trailing. He shoots and shouts "Gaia! God damnit! Sprite! Kingo! Get her out of here!"

I groan as my hand flops onto my head. Trailing the cut on my cheek.

God I'm really good at this stuff aren't I?

Son of a bitch that hurt

Sprite pulls on my arm as the deviant attacking Sersi gets a round of bullets to its side. Gifted by none other then Druig

"Sprite is she alright?!"

"She isn't made of glass Druig!"

"Answer the fucking question!"

Sprite huffs as she gets me to my feet and says "She's fine."

Ikaris holds the deviants jaw as he's pushed backwards quickly beside us "Sprite! Get her and you out of here!"

why are there so many of them??

Sersi struggles with her deviant but then changes the matter within it, turning it to stone (?) or ice (?).

Kingo finishes his deviant that is making it's way towards Sprite and I.

It can smell my eternal blood from miles away. The eternal blood that is still seeping from my back and shoulder.

Ikaris is caught under a deviant as it tries to kill him with it's long claws and tentacles.

He struggles to shoot the deviant off him with his cosmic light eyes.

His head is pushed into the dirt and luckily he gets a eyeshot on it.

Sprite pulls me away and says "Alright, we're about to be attacked by deviants. Any great ideas?"

I shake my head and she says "Great.. we're gonna die."

She looks to my widened eyes and says "Have you attempted using your powers yet? You used to be really powerful. It would be ridiculously helpful right now if you could somehow use them."

I shrug and say "I don't know how."

"It's muscle memory. We're gonna die unless you figure out how to use your powers. Sersi, Druig, Kingo, and Ikaris are all fighting their own deviants. I need you to step up to the challenge and protect us."

I nod and nervously "Okay.."

She lifts my hand and says "They're approaching. It should be muscle memory. You've got this Maya."

She takes like 10 steps away from me and the deviant charges towards me. I cry out "I can't do it! Nothing is happening!"

"Focus! Protect us Maya!"

"I can't! It's raining and I-"

"Now! Shut up! Hit it! Kill it!"

I shake my head, tears rolling down my face.

I always knew I was going to die one day. I just never expected this kind of ending.

Sprite begs "Maya! Please!"

It's screech hits my ears and warmth and anger fill inside of me. It's tentacle waves through the air precisely circling towards Sprite and I's foreheads incredibly quickly.

Ready to pierce through our heads, immediately killing us.

I scream as I feel light pop out of my hands burning and tingling up my arms. Sprite's mouth gapes open and I feel the familiar power course through my whole body.

God this is what being powerful feels like.

I scream as the deviant cries out to the other deviants for help.

Calling for assistance. Begging and crying for me to stop.

You killed Ajak.

You killed innocent people.

I don't feel remorse.

I feel anger.

You deserve to die.

It's dying.

It's dying at my hands.

As it should.

Druig, Kingo, Ikaris, and Sersi watch as the deviants they were fighting sprint away in the same direction. Kingo cheers and says "Awesome! Great job guys!"

Ikaris breathes heavily as he looks to where they're going. Sersi says "Why did they leave?"

Kingo smiles and says "They felt defeated and fled."

Druig feels a irregular amount of fear to someone he loves and his eyes widen as he hears Sprite and I screaming.

All 4 deviants from the town charge towards us.

The 4 eternals that thought they were done fighting run towards the scene. Ikaris flies as quickly as he can. Shocked to see me shooting powerful waves of yellow cosmic energy through my body.

Sprite mutters "We're gonna die... we're gonna die."

I scream as I raise my other hand hitting deviants coming from both sides.

God this really is muscle memory.

Sprite says "There's too many!"

"Shut up!" I scream at her "Do something Sprite!"

"Help!!!" She screams

Ikaris lands as the deviant taking the heat from my left hand collapses. He shoots at the 3rd deviant as I pull both arms to the one lone deviant

"God where are the others!?"

Sprite casts illusions confusing and faltering the deviants for a short while until they circle around the three of us. Ikaris says "I have a plan. Stay back to back with me Maya and focus all your power on the deviant. The others will be coming through the forrest on your side. As soon as they approach they will work on killing that deviant. Just stay alert."

I nod as I raise my hand fighting back the deviant. He says "And don't die."

"Maya!" Druig shouts

Kingo says "Sprite!"

Sprite looks up and says "Over here!"

Sersi says "Maya! Ikaris!"

Druig looks around and I scream "Hurry!"

They see the scene in front of them and Sersi and Druig freeze. Kingo fires cosmic bullets of energy. Hitting the deviant from his direction. A hole tears through the deviant and guts and blood splutter onto Kingo.

"Not again! This jacket is vintage!"

I look to Ikaris nearly defeating the deviant but falter in place. I lean onto Sprite feeling lightheaded and exhausted. Kingo assists Ikaris and Sersi and Druig quickly approach.

Druig says "I told you to get to safety."

I feel my eyes droop and I blink for a little too long. He grabs my face and pats my cheek. "You did good Maya. You did so good."

I smile and say "Muscle memory.."

The last deviant around us falls and Ikaris continues treking around looking for stragglers. Flying up to assist the other two eternals. Karun and Kingo walking to us. Karun holds up a small iPhone and says to me "Your action scene was beautiful."

I slowly look to him and Druig immediately makes Karun slam his phone against a tree. Shattering it.

Sersi and Sprite push me onto a tree stump and I say "I'm tired.."

Druig nods and says "I know you are. Just stay alert until everyone is counted for and all the deviants are dead."

Kingo and Sersi head out to check on Ikaris, Gil, and Thena.

Sprite says "Maya you saved my life."

Druig nods and runs his thumb against my cheek "I am so proud of you."

I smile slightly and Druig grins back to me.

The beautifully happy and proud moment was quickly ruined.

All three of us hear Thena's loud sobs and screaming. My head immediately looking up. Kingo and Sersi yelling for us.

As we approached as fast as Druig could drag my tired body

Immediately seeing Thena weeping over Gilgamesh's dead body.

He was dead.

And we couldn't save him.

I couldn't save him.

Not in the way he saved me.

For which,
I failed.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

haley speaks!

hiiiiii, I'm changing this little exert to now haley speaks instead of authors note! So Gil is gone... I'm sorry :( I feel like garbage. My anxiety has had my stomach in knots lately. I feel like a failure lmao. Plus my sister gave me her cold, I'm running on 4 hours of sleep over the span of 3 days. I just submitted my essay before I edited it because I am way too tired and I feel sick to my stomach because I know since I submitted it early I may have just bombed my class.

My December is shit so far gah. Anyway, I'm rambling. I need someone to tell me it'll be fine. Gah!! So, you guys alright? Any updates within your lives? You guys ready for No way home? I see it Friday with my family. I'm hoping my dad doesn't try to leave during the post credit scenes and stays awake for the whole movie. I know there's gonna be a sad scene and my dads gonna look at me like I'm crazy while I weep in the theaters. HAHAH. Happy and Mj better not die. Also leave me alone, I know the one fight scene gif has shit quality. I still wanted to add more of his hot fighting in. So, opinions on this chapter? Thoughts?

Q&A: if you could change your name to anything what would it be? gender doesn't matter

Honestly I don't think I could think of one for myself right now, only thing I can think of is how grossed out the thought of that dead body is. If you've ever seen a dead body I am so sorry. It's truly disgusting

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.9K 2.6K 24
"When I first heard it was the end of the world, I thought there would be more zombies. Monsters, aliens, anything other than this!" "Well we are tec...
106K 2.6K 18
After centuries, they were now knocking on the door she tried so hard to close. "She used to be their light, but the darkness they never wanted arriv...
92.6K 3.5K 33
"Some days I don't even think I'm capable of having my own feelings, they're all just some distant versions of someone else's." "My lovely lovely Ira...
68.8K 3.5K 28
"What's the point in being seen as gods if we can't save those who need us?" "That's the thing. We aren't gods. Not really". Druig x Male OC Marvel E...