COTE X Lol Fanfic: Ayanokōji...

By LonelyMob

This is just Ayanokouji Kiyotaka being transported to the world of Runeterra/LOL (great game btw, I play it t... More

Prologue
He who keeps the balance.
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 7
chapter 8
Chapter 9
chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 6

627 46 11
By LonelyMob

Time skip~~~~

A year has passed, I've been doing well. Helping the villagers with the farm or maybe some manual labor. I stayed in the same house that Shen gave me back then.

I even decorated it with some stuff I bought at the market using the money from selling the vegetables and fruits the farmers pay me for the help.

The people working there were mostly the elderly since the younger ones are attending school or monastery. So I offered my help, I get my share of food before I go home at night.

Rue Zhi went back to his duties along with Akali and her group. But he would visit me for seven days a month to check up on me, Although Shen has been sending some ninjas to monitor my movements.

Most of the time they would just send Rue, He would wake me up early in the morning and ask for a spar. Seeing how I fought with the bladescouts, he requested that I train him. At first, I didn't wanna do it, but he kept following and bugging me. He would even randomly appear behind me while I do my private business.

Seriously, that guy stresses me out.After training him for 30 minutes every morning when he's sent to watch me, I would then go to the village chief's house to take any request. While just lazes around and eats the food.

He would sit on a branch while eating my sun apple, Yes "My" Sun apple. I ask him why he does it and his excuse was he needed the energy to keep watch for enemies.

I doubt they would attack, but it's never bad to be extra careful, having him watch my back while I work in the fields is reassuring not only for me but also for the old people who can't run.

Though he can't fight and only learned self-defense, if he can warn us before they attack then it will give us time to evacuate to the Pacidium.

Sigh

I wiped my sweat with the cloth I had over my neck.

"Kiyotaka! the old man is calling us over" Rue said jumping down.

"Okay" We started walking towards the old man waving his hands in the air.

beside me, Rue opened his mouth and ask.

"Kiyotaka, hypothetically if you were to leave Ionia... where would you go?"

"Huh? Why do you ask?" I glance at him and his hands were fidgeting."No reason!"

he replied accompanied by an awkward laugh."

Well, If I had to pick then I'd say Bilgewater or Piltover"

We arrived where the old man was waiting and gave us our lunch, it consisted of different fruits and vegetables. We sat down on a nearby giant rock and continued our conversation.

"I can understand why u picked Piltover, but Bilgewater? You do know that is a place full of criminals right?"

Picking up the berry-like fruit he ate 3 at once.

"Maybe because I'm curious?"

I said looking at the basket of fruits and veggies I contemplated what to eat.

"Please don't go there Kiyotaka, It's a lawless place and you might get hurt"
his voice genuinely concerned.

"I think I can handle myself pretty well"

Oh, haven't seen this before. its appearance was like an orange but it tasted more like a carrot. What the hell? can you even eat this? I dangled it in front of me examining the thing.

"I know you can fight, but I'm still worried. Also, you don't eat the skin of that"

He took the fruit from me and started to peel it.

Ah... Why didn't I think of that?

"Here, It should taste better now"

"Thanks" Hmm... this is delicious.

Rue Zhi POV**************

It was so funny that he didn't know how to eat sapphire stars, I laughed internally. I looked at the distance and it was getting cloudy.

It's gonna rain soon, I turned back to the old man and his friends.

"Hey gramps! You should go back now, you wouldn't wanna get sick from the rain"

"Oh you're right Rue boy, we'll head on back now. you two should go take shelter as well" he and the others quickly left. Now it was just me and Kiyotaka.

I remembered the day when I saw him, resting on a branch, eyes shut, and a calm face. Even when outnumbered he didn't falter and stood his ground.

That was something that I respect because I don't even dare to confront thieves. I didn't have the strength to fight back. Back then, if only I fought back for 10 seconds! those 10 seconds would've been enough for reinforcements to come.

Everyone might have lived...Instead, I hid like a coward, I watched them die while I was in the shadows crying.

I'm sorry, Father... this useless son of yours doesn't deserve to liv-

"Rue.."

I heard a voice beside me, It was Kiyotaka... Until now I didn't notice the berries were crushed inside my palms.

"A-ah!. sorry, this was supposed to be yours." I scratched the back of my neck.

"That's alright, But... are you?"

"Why do you ask?"

"You were quiet for some time now, the Rue I know wouldn't stop talking even with his mouth full"

"There's n-nothing wrong, none at all!"

I tried to smile but failed, I even heard my voice crack.

"Rue..."

He took a long sigh and continued
"It's okay to be sad sometimes, I don't know why you are down and I won't ask."

He looked at me with his hazel brown eyes, those eyes that had nothing in them. I felt it could see my soul.

"Just know that I'm here, you can tell me whatever is on your mind and I won't judge you. That's what friends are for right?"

He then gazed upwards and the rain came pouring down.Friends... Yes, Kiyotakas my friend. he won't make fun of me, so I think it is fine to tell him.I moved my body in his direction.

"Is it really okay telling you my troubles? I f-feel like a child thinking about it"

He nodded, the rain was hitting his face, he then closed his eyes. not minding his wet clothes and the cold wind brushing against us he didn't move. Like a statue, he waited for me to speak up.

After a while, the words finally formed and I told him about my past.Two friends under the rain, one masked his tears with the rain, the other listened.

Right now, for them, the crystal raindrops don't exist. Just the two of them.

~~~~~TIME SKIP~~~~~

3RD Person POV******

At the hidden coast of Weh'le, a ship that was transporting food and booze was docked, the crew of the ship was coming in and out of the ship as they loaded in barrels full of booze and carts of different kinds of fruit.

It was early morning when two young men approached it, One wearing a mask and a hooded coat.

The other was clad in black in a onesie as she subtly blended in the dark shadows of the trees that were reflected by the rising sun.

"Hurry up ya cunts! I ain't got all day!"

A man in his forties shouted at the workers below from the deck. They heard his yell and began to work at a faster pace.

Noticing the figures in the distance he grabbed his monocular and took a look at the new faces.

"Tch, a bladescout and other is..." said the man while signaling the crew.

They jumped down onto the beach as their feet sank a little in the sand, weapons drawn one of them shouted.

"Bladescout! We no longer have business here! as you can see we are packing our things and will leave immediately!"

The two continued to walk at a leisurely pace, 20 meters apart. the one clad in black spoke

"I would like to ask a favor"

"Hoh? speak!"

The burly man said curiously.

"Let this one onboard your ship, and I can overlook the fact that you left without inspection from the temple!"

"And if we don't?" he smugly replied

"Then you can piss off and never do business with us again!"
With these words directed at him, he paled and he also jumped down to the sands and kneeled.

"My, Apologies bladescout. mi crew would love to escort a friend of ye."
He said in a crooked voice while sweating. Ionia's the sole place for mi business, I can't lose the partnership. Gesturing towards the only entrance of the ship.

"This way sir.." Gesturing politely towards the side of the ship where a giant and sturdy plank was placed down.

The bladescout clad in black nodded towards the masked individual with brown hair.

The crew started boarding, and the man kept his position.

Bastards! On with it! the man thought.The hooded young man finally boarded the ship, the crew reeled in the anchor and some others started chanting.

A gust of wind swiftly hit the sails and the chunk of wood and steel moved above the clear waters. The individual who boarded the ship went to the watchtower.

"You can't do tha-"

Someone warned him and he ignored his entire existence as he continued climbing.On the top, he pulled down his hood and removed his mask.

Hazel eyes reflected the view of the bay from afar, his brown hair flailed around with the wind. Raising his right arm he bowed towards the black-clad bladescout, the other party did the same.

Such a scene was like a fairytale, two friends separating, vowed to meet again.

Kiyotaka POV*******

In the dense forest we made our way towards the ocean, Last night Rue woke me up saying I need to leave Ionia.

"War is upon us Kiyotaka! I must not include you in it. You have no reason to fight for Ionia. But, If I left you, Irelia won't hesitate to force you to fight."He gave me a choice, to Leave Ionia using a pirate ship or stay and fight.

I chose the former as I do not like trouble. And I am still after peaceful life-chan.Now we are here, 50 meters until it's all sand Rue asks.

"Is it really alright, Kiyotaka? He said in a sad tone.

"Yes, It is for the best" I reassured him.

"Will you not change your mind about coming with me? You could start anew."

"I'm sorry, this is my home, I have to fulfill being a bladescout, and I still need to get revenge." he formed a fist with his hands and tightened it. His eyes had a look of determination.

SIgh, Looks like there's nothing I can do.

"You need to let that go, Rue. Accept it, you were weak back then. And don't hunt to kill"

"That's kinda harsh Kiyotaka" Rue laughed awkwardly

"Reality can be a harsh mistress."

The crashing of waves entered our ears, we see a lone ship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Onboard the ship, I entered the cabin, surprisingly it was connected to a bar, so I decided to have my breakfast in there.

"Faster! we must make it to bilgewater before the storm comes."

I heard a shout from outside.

Thud*

Suddenly a ragged man bump into me and ran out while patting down his pockets trying to find something, since he was in a hurry, I'll let it slide. Pulling out a chair from a counter I called over the bartender.

"Do you serve breakfast?"

Placing my mask down on the table.Putting back the glass he was wiping he replied

"We only have meat and booze"

"Meat will do"

"Something to drink as well?"

"Water is fine."

"Alright"

He went through a door, peeking my head as he closed the door I saw a kitchen. It was clean, glad it's not dirty, Or else my appetite my go down the gutter.

A few minutes he returned plate in hand full of meat that was cooked well down with little seasoning on top.

Placing down the plate in front he went to get my water.

"A silver for the plate, the water's free"

He said putting down the cup of water.I took out a silver coin inside a pouch full of money that Rue gave me before leaving my house.He took the silver and continued wiping the tables.

"This open?"

A voice from the man who bumped into me asks from the side.

"No, no, that seat's not taken." Pulling up the chair he sat down and looked at where I hid my coins.

"Friend, let me sink a few... Though that might be a poor turn o' phrase, given my history. Heh."

Is this guy a pirate? He sure acts and sound like one. And his history? I don't give a shit about your past. But since I'll be going to bilgewater maybe He can provide some info.

I turned to the bartender and he sighed.

"Frank! Don't bother the new kid."

"B-bu-"

"No buts! Also did you pay the tithe like I ask you?"

"Yea, yea. ain't gon' die today."

"Tithe?" Intrigued I ask.He snickered and placed his hands on my shoulder.

"You see, kid. I can tell you, for a cup."

"Fine"

As I accepted the bartender already had a cup of booze in his hands. Sigh. He chugged down half of the liquid and started his tale.

"Aye, I've seen a few shipwrecks. Been in one me self, as it goes, back when I was young like you. Her name was the Ophidian, that ship, pulled down beneath the Jagged Straits. I was the only survivor too, mind. Maybe you buys me another, and I'll tell ye about it.

He said while fiddling a gold coin between his fingers.

"Can't you just use that?" I said pointing at the coin.

"This? No, this coin's not for spending, friend. That's my lucky Kraken, for to pay the Tithe."

"But didn't you just said you already paid it?"

"That was his coin" He looked at the bartender

"I see, then tell me about this tithe"

"The Tithe. Ye know the Tithe. Everyone knows about the Tithe. "Pay the Tithe, or face the ocean's wrath."

"No, never heard anything about it"
I ask while remembering my breakfast. It's cold...

"Oh, by the Bearded Lady... Then you never heard o' Nautilus, either? The Titan of the Depths?Barkeep! Pour us a round, barkeep, there's a good lass. This is a tale that needs an ale, as they say... and my friend here's buyin'.

"But, I'm not buyi- alright, I can do one more. In exchange, tell me about bilgewater after."

"No worries!" Grabbing the booze he took a sip

"Ahh, that's the good stuff, that is.

'Twas almost thirty years back, now, returning from a hunt. I was a harpooner, finest shot in the Slaughter Fleets. We'd caught ourselves an axe-fin leviathanaye, one o' them big, mean boggersand we was haulin' the beast back to port. It were just before dawn. Bilgewater's city lights flickered in the distance, beckonin' us in.

There were razorfish and berserker sharks following close by, 'cos the axe-fin was oozing into the water, see.And our captain... Well, none of us much cared for him.

Untrustworthy sort. He swears blind he paid the Tithe 'afore we left. "A single gold Kraken," he said, "for 'tis all I have to give.But none of us seen him throw it over the side, now did we. So, naturally we was suspicious, 'cos we knew he was a tight-fisted old wharf rat.

But on we sailed anyway.

And that was when the Titan hit us."

Coincidentally a huge wave crashed onto the ship, quickly grabing my plate of meat and cup of water I balanced myself on the chair using my feet and leaning to the other side.

"Without warning, this bloody great anchor comes at us from below. Smashed clean through the keel, up through the main deck. Caught us tight, and started pullin' us down... Oh, it was chaos, friend. Sailors thrown overboard. The waters churnin', scavengers feedin'. I grabs the captain, screamin' at him,
"You're a liar! This is the Lady's punishment for those who don't pay!"

"The ship was going down fast. But then the planking gave way, didn' it, and the anchor slid back into the depths. If it had ended then, more of us might've got away.

But it weren't over. Nautilus weren't done wi' us yet.The ship tipped to starboard, right-sudden. It was the weight of the Titan himself, hauling up onto the deck. Perhaps once it'd been a man, but it weren't no man I saw that night, risin' from the waves.
I has our captain by the throat. "This is your doing!" I roared, as I chokes the bastard, his eyes wide.

He can see Nautilus is comin' for us..."

"Fuking hell! The items! I'll slit your throat if one gets lost!" A shout was faintly heard from the inside. Probably the captain. Right now, there was a storm outside. but that didn't stop the man from telling his story.

"So I shoves the captain away, down the slanted deck, and this thing catches him in one hand, if you can believe it! It was so big, the fingers closed completely around 'is bodyand the captain weren't a small man by any stretch.
"There's your Tithe!" I yells, and jumped overboard.

I dunno how long I was in the water. Must've only been seconds, but it felt like an age. But the sea scavengers didn't get me, Mother Serpent be praised. Pulled myself up onto one of them stone pinnacles, out there in the Straits, an' I watched the Ophidian sink.Nautilus still held the captain, squirmin' and wrigglin' like a stuck worm, but there were no escapin' that grasp.

The Titan was just standing there, motionless as a statue. I watched them go down, down into the darkness.

Why spare me? Don't rightly know. Perhaps I was the only one to make an offering. Or maybe Nautilus wanted someone left alive, to tell the tale.

But on the darkest Bilgewater nights, when the murder-fogs roll in, ye might hear 'im wading out from the shallows, slow and steady like, draggin' that accursed anchor in his wake...Want my advice, friend? Keep a coin in your pocket, and always pay the Tithe.

And don't trust no captain who says he's done it, 'less you seen it for yourself.After all, ye might not be so lucky as me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finished my breakfast and went outside, the passed and the sun was out. I went to the front and took in a breath.

The water was calm, the air was humid.

I stayed there for a few minutes until the silhouette of an island came to view.

So that is Bilgewater? I hope it's not troublesome. Who am I kidding? Of course it's gonna be troublesome.

Sigh.

I've been sighing a lot recently.

Sigh.

(A/N: \(°^°)/

So many flee their burdens. Fleeing is impossible! Now do your homework.)

(Fuka-sama!!!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 6.1K 108
In this reality, Ayanokoji decided he wants to be popular and will stand out more, for whatever reason. This story will follow the ln generally, but...
17K 1K 17
So it's crossover fic just as title saying and I am inspired by @KojiEnthusiast so yea. Of course I won't copy his story just got idea of doing this...
151K 4K 50
My first reaction fic based on my 1st fic. I'm just doing this for fun to ease my boredom. This reaction features mostly the COTE students as well as...
83.5K 2.6K 61
In this reality, Ayanokouji decided he wants to be an Ikemen, let's see how this goes! There will be plot deviations. This is my restarted version...