Strange Situations (Jinx x Ma...

By AntiheroicShadow

Y/N was sent away from his family at the age of three to be evaluated, his mental state was deemed unsafe for... More

Chapter 2: On The Run
Chapter 3: Seperation
Chapter 4: In The Asylum
Chapter 5: Infamous
Chapter 6: Reconnecting
Chapter 7: Mending Process
Chapter 8: Family Reunion
Chapter 9: I'm No Hero
Chapter 10: Monster You Created
Chapter 11: A Fresh Start
Chapter 12: Playing House
Chapter 13: Moving On
Chapter 14: Homecoming
Chapter 15: The Impostor
Chapter 16: Lost Cause

Chapter 1: First Day Out

5.5K 95 19
By AntiheroicShadow

Most things were normal about the birth of Y/n, the only irregularity was that he seemed to be staring at something invisible to everyone else. This continued throughout the years, causing his adoptive parents to become worried when they'd awaken to his cries and where they'd find him downstairs. For him to get down there, he would have to escape his crib and make his way down the stairs. Something that is a bit troublesome for his only being a year old. They had to place a heavy metal cover on the crib to ensure that he couldn't get out. At the age of three, he could begin to describe what he sees.

Y/n: It lives in the darkness, it has glowing white eyes with razor-sharp teeth that could chew through anything, claws that tear metal to shreds, and... oh yeah, sometimes he has fire in his hands.

His parents were amazed that he could imagine something so terrifying at such a young age. But, this was the description the creature told him to give, however, it also scared his parents because of the scars they'd found on his arms. The burns and deep cuts were things they had thought of as just accidents from his playtime in his room, which in reality doesn't even contain any sharp objects. It quickly became evident to them that he believed that these injuries weren't caused by himself, more so, he seemed to communicate to the creature.

Father: Son, that sounds like a nightmare, but things like what you described, well, they aren't real you know that, right?

The young boy stood confused as to why his own father wouldn't believe him. Yet, he could see the thing even at this very moment. There was something strange about this though as the creature grabbed his father's shirt and pulled the fabric the shirt was being moved as well.

Y/n: What? Of course, it's weal, he's standing just over there, pulling at your shirt.

They turned their heads only to find nothing there, immediately they had begun to worry about their child and his harmful tendencies. They eventually took him to a psychiatrist, they demanded that Y/n share his hallucinations with her. The therapist listened and knew what needed to be done. The boy was brought to a mental ward and given medication to help with these hallucinations. The hallucinations only got worse from there though.

Six Years Later...

Therapist: Alright, you're free to go. You haven't had any psychotic episodes in a long enough time. Congratulations on your treatment.

Y/n: Thanks, so where are my parents?

Therapist: They uh...

Y/n: They gave up on me... didn't they?

Therapist: I'm sorry.

Y/n: No... no, it's fine.

I grabbed my possessions, including the clothing she bought me. Thinking about my parents had now brought a horrible feeling to my mind. I trekked along the streets aimlessly until walking past someone throwing away some food.

Man: Damn it, they messed up my order I said no pickles! Now I have to throw my whole meal away and order a new one.

Hearing this I slinked over to the dumpster and grabbed his bag with a whole meal inside. I began to salivate from the warm smell that entered my senses. The mind-numbing sensation led me away from reality.

Y/n: Such a waste, didn't even eat his fries. Well, more for me. Isn't that right Shadow?

Shadow: *Growls*

Y/n: I know, we should keep moving, but come on it is a free meal after all.

I hadn't noticed that a blue-haired girl around my age had approached me while I was eating in pure bliss. I swallowed that previous bite and brought my clean hand out for her to shake. She looked down at me as my other hand brought the food closer to my mouth. I stopped just before taking a bite. I moved my hand up and down causing her to realize what I was asking for. She finally went to shake my hand.

Y/n: I'm Y/n, what's your name?

???: Huh, oh I'm Powder. I was just wondering if I could maybe have some of your food.

Y/n: Sure, go ahead.

She reached her hand into my bag and pulled out a fistful of fries before sitting down next to me. She made a strange face though, one I rarely see anyone make. I stared at her for a moment before standing up and taking a few steps away from her when I heard her voice calling me back.

Powder: Wait, me and my friends have plans, you could join us if you want.

I looked back and recognized something in her eyes. Whatever it was, it caused me to declare my next response with excitement. Excitement? Is that what this feeling is? This burning sensation in my chest, the idea of an adventure... because if so, I really like the feeling.

Y/n: Yes! Absolutely! What are we doing?

An Hour Later...

Powder, myself, and three others, whom I had only recently met, were climbing a building. For some reason, it wasn't as hard for me to do. Maybe it's because I had been watching Shadow climb just ahead of me. Even if no one else can see or interact with him, he guided me on where to plant my holds. Vi and I were the first to reach the rooftop. Vi exchanged an impressed glance in my direction when she noticed me already there.

Vi: Hey Powder, come take a look at this.

She was the next to arrive on the rooftop and she stood beside us.

Vi: It's nice getting above it all, huh?

We looked over the entire city except when I saw it a hallucination had begun and the entire city was on fire. I could hear screams in the city below, agony... that's the word I'd use to describe the sounds.

Y/n: Yeah, it's um... lovely.

I rubbed my eyes and suddenly the fires were gone. A few moments later an airship flew overhead. I watched as it passed by us. I saw the look of amazement on Powder's face brought by the sight of the airship.

Powder: One day, I'm going to ride in one of those things.

Mylo: And one day, I'm going to shoot one of 'em down.

Claggor: Are you sure about this? What if we get caught?

Vi: We're not going to get caught.

She made her way to a good angle for her to jump to the other rooftop. Mylo and Craggor followed close behind leaving me and Powder still on the roof. She was terrified by the height, so I went behind her and held onto her shoulder.

Claggor: Called it.

Mylo: This is on you, Vi.

Claggor: I'll get her.

Vi: No. Powder look at me. What did I tell you?

Powder: That... I'm ready. But I'm also scared.

Y/n: It's okay to be scared, but don't let that fear control you.

I heard Shadow growl to my side just next to my own ear, he was in a grumpy mood. I ignored him and refocused on Powder, who still looked unsure of herself. She just needs an extra push, actually, that's... a very bad idea, I need a new plan, wait, I've got it.

Y/n: That fear can't hurt you. And you won't know unless you try, it's a leap of faith.

Powder nodded and began sliding down the rooftop before stopping and leaping over to the rails for her to jump from. She turned and jumped across, before stumbling backward causing Vi to have to reach out and steady her. This left me to run across the rooftop and jump across, but I lost momentum in the air causing me to plummet.

Mylo: Well, there goes the new guy.

Powder: Y/n?!

Vi: Powder, he's gone! There's no way he could have survived that.

They turned to continue on but my hand grabbed the edge as I pulled myself up.

Y/n: I am alright! My head is a little fuzzy but I'm sure it's nothing. Isn't that right, Flour?

Vi: It's Powder.

Y/n: Sure it is, Ri.

Powder looked over the edge and found a very significant dent in the brick wall. Vi went over and saw it too. Given the brain trauma, I would have from a hit like that a look of worry grew on her face before her stoic posture returned as she faced the others.

Vi: Great, he's got a concussion.

Y/n: What? Oh, hey Vi. How did I get up here?

Powder: Hey, he's back!

Vi: Oh uh, great, hey, is that door open yet?

Mylo: Working on it, are you two done with blockhead over there?

Shadow began to growl and had his mouth ready to chomp down on Mylo. That would be all kinds of bad, I need to calm him down. So I put my hand out with an open palm and took a low stance.

Y/n: Easy boy.

Mylo: What was that?

Y/n: I wasn't talking to you.

I continued this while trying to calm the invisible entity, after a few seconds it seemed to work and he backed away. After this, I made my way to the door and kicked it open. Vi chuckled at Mylo's surprised face. It appeared as though we had just broken into some guy's study. I'm honestly still not too sure why we're here though. Everyone just began loading up bags with anything that looked valuable.

Y/n: Oh, I get it now.

I followed Powder into another room where we found a bunch of blue crystals, I think I've heard of this stuff. I grabbed as many as I could carry, thinking about how I could manufacture more later.

Vi: Y/n, Powder, we've got to go!

Y/n: I have the drugs!

Vi: What?

When we ran out of the room I accidentally let one fall to the ground as we made a run for it. Once outside, there was an explosion of blue energy. I looked at the crystals in my hands with both horror and fascination. The aftermath caused the walkway to crumble. The enforcers sounded an alarm that bellowed throughout the city as we ran.

We jumped over a bridge and sped our way through the alleyways anything to avoid capture. We had no other choice than to go through the garbage shoot. Only to land on the massive pile of junk which, might I say, was not exactly the most comfortable thing to land on.

Mylo: So, what did we learn?

Y/n: Drugs are scary and dangerous, but awesome for blowing things up.

Vi: Those aren't drugs!

I looked down at the blue crystals a bit more interested now, but I needed to know if I had at least obtained a good find. The only way to know for sure is to ask who I can only assume is the expert in this field.

Y/n: Oh, are they valuable at least?

Vi: Not sure, never seen them before.

Once the coast was clear we made our way back up and came across some street thugs who didn't like us taking our business into their territory.

Deckard: You're dragging this mess of yours through my streets. Now if you were to give us a taste of that treasure then maybe w-

Vi bashed his head with the bag full of scrap metal. Before tossing it over to Powder.

Vi: How's that for a taste.

Y/n: Taste of what? You just hit him over the head with our- oh, pain, I get it now.

Immediately after those words, it became an all-out brawl. One of them noticed Powder causing her to run and him to chase after her. I followed just behind him. I saw Powder toss out one of her gadgets. It was... glittery, I guess would be the word for it. I jumped on him wrapping my arms and legs around his torso while I bit into his neck. That's what Shadow taught me to do. It also led to many nights of solitary confinement, but hey, I'm out now. He screamed from the pain as he fell onto his face. I released my bite and stood up before quickly stomping on his face.

Powder: Woah, where'd you learn that?

Y/n: In the asylum, it's where I was raised for as long as I can remember... where's the bag?

Powder: I freaked out, it's in the water.

Y/n: It's what? Oh, crap.

Everything we earned was gone, we almost died a few times now. But, at least she was okay, so I let it go. I bit my bottom lip knowing this isn't going to go over well. I'll try to take the blame, after all, I'm the new guy.

Y/n: It's fine, at least you're okay. Let's just hope the others won't give you such a hard time.

I followed them into the elevator. None of them were happy but agreed that it was best that Powder was okay at least. However, I didn't even get the chance to defend her. Apparently, this kind of thing happens a lot. I could only exist in the awkward silence following that. But after Powder and Claggor left the elevator, Mylo decided to blame Powder again.

Mylo: Every time. Every time she comes, something goes wrong. She jinxes every job.

Y/n & Vi: Just drop it, Mylo.

We walked through the marketplace under the surface, a place that I never knew existed. I followed them until they sat down in some room.

Vi: Vander learns none of this.

Mylo: No worries there. Powder took care of the evidence.

Y/n: *clicks tongue with thumbs up*

Everyone looked my way annoyed, causing me to wonder if I missed something. I realized that this must be some kind of social thing that I don't quite understand. I put my hand over my mouth as I fell deep into the thought of what it could be.

Powder: I tried, okay? You don't get it. You're all older and bigger.

Mylo: Oh yeah, and what about him?

He pointed at me snapping me out of my thoughts, but I feel like I'm starting to figure out what I did wrong. This is a lot for me to handle though, who would have thought that making friends and keeping them is so hard?

Y/n: I'm nine.

Suddenly the door swung open to reveal a man who seemed disappointed in the group but was trying his best to hide it. He must be Vander. For some reason he reminds me of the therapists I sued to know, comforting in a way but also scary at the same time.

Vander: I don't suppose you can explain why it is that I'm hearing about an explosion and foot chase topside. Five children fled the scene. What the hell were you thinking?

Vi: That we can handle a real job.

They went on for a bit while I heard a voice coming from behind me. I went behind the chair and found an old stuffed animal.

???: I'm Clarence.

Y/n: Hello Clarence, are you aware that you're a toy?

Clarence: I'm a what?! No! No! I'm a real boy, I'm a real boy!

Y/n: No Clarence, you're delusional, in fact, I'd say you're quite insane. Don't worry you'll be just fine. Under my care.

I laughed a little before noticing the eyes that were on me. Vander was speechless. Whether it was from fear, confusion, or concern no one would know, perhaps a bit of all three.

Vander: Right, who is he?

Powder: He's Y/n, he shared some food with me and I invited him to come with us.

Vander: He's from the topside? Where are his parents?

Y/n: They gave up on me. But it sure has been an interesting first day out of the mental ward. Is this what life is usually like?

Vander: No. But... I suppose you can stick around. Just don't threaten the rest of these kids.

Y/n: Psh, I'm harmless.

Powder: Didn't you bite someone?

They glanced my way, I sure am the object of attention today aren't I? They each had looks of disbelief except for Powder. I gave a nervous chuckle before rubbing my eyes not thinking I'd have to explain that.

Y/n: I did that because... I can't fight okay, and we were in a tough situation, I didn't know what else to do.

Vi: Well... I guess, he did get the job done and helped Powder most of the day.

Mylo: Yeah, that's fair, welcome to the team, but uh, Vi will train you.

Y/n: Really? Awesome! I can't wait to beat people with a bag filled with metal.

Vi: How about with your fists?

Y/n: Even better!

Vander: Right, now like I said, leave us alone, yeah?

We all gave a nod and left the two to talk. I walked around the place, getting a feel for it, and noticed Powder was going through some things and remembered I gave her the crystals. Mylo, Vi, and I were now in the main room talking things out now.

Mylo: She's a problem.

Vi: Mylo, I'm really not...

Mylo: Do you remember what was in that bag? The biggest payout we've ever seen and she just lost it.

Y/n: She made a mistake, I was there, she was scared and tossed it away to distract him. She hadn't known I was there at the time though. If she did... I don't know, maybe nothing would have changed anyway.

Mylo: Yeah, well I can't name one time she hasn't made a mistake.

Vi: She's young.

Mylo: Don't bullshit me. Y/n is twice the person and he's younger than she is.

Y/n: Only by a little less than a year.

Vi: You know what Mylo, you're right. There are a bunch of things that Powder just can't do...

Mylo: You don't have to tell me twice.

Y/n: Yeah? Say it again.

Vi & Mylo: What was that?

Y/n: I said...

I pushed myself up from my seat and stood above both of them, my heart racing as my hands clenched themselves and the rest of my arms felt strange, but I felt like I was on fire but on the inside. Anger. That's what this must be, for some reason hearing them trash-talk my best friend caused this emotion to rise up.

Y/n: ...If she's so damn worthless then say it... again.

They both went quiet after that, I glared at them for a second and opened the door waiting for an answer. However, neither gave any further response. Instead, they look at the floor in shame.

Y/n: Yeah, that's what I thought.

I left the room after that and found a small crevice to sleep under. It felt homely, but to the others, it looked like a nightmare to sleep in. I could hear the constant pacing on the floor. It reminded me of my fellow patients who were erratic and restless. Surely, if I stayed any longer I probably would have ended up like them. I drifted off easily to the familiar sound of the screams inside my head.

Mylo: Someone must be having pleasant dreams. Are we really safe with a psycho like him around?

Vi: He's fine, just try not to get on his bad side. You're right about one thing, he's the most dangerous out of us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 36 6
"Know this, Silco. I didn't do this for you, or Zaun, or your cause. I did this for Jinx, and only her." Spark, just Spark, is a nobody running acros...
208K 3.5K 36
REQUESTS CLOSED I will accept: She/her readers He/him readers They/them readers Him/they readers She/they readers πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€οΏ½...
91.7K 2.3K 18
All she wanted to do was to help but was abandoned by the person she loved more than anything in the world other than her best friend, a kid Vander t...
19.6K 651 15
when you were fourteen, you were wrongfully accused of murder, however, you weren't given a chance to defend yourself, no one cared for you, after al...