Long Island

By komalesh

Long Island was not the first virtual reality game or to say a VRMMORPG. Not the one which changed the world... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Beginning
Chapter 2: First Step
Chapter 3: Starting School
Chapter 4: Training Begins!
Chapter 5: On top of the hill
Chapter 6: Rabbit and.....
Chapter 7: Return
Chapter 8: Waiting...
Chapter 9: Magic Institute
Chapter 10: Burning!
Chapter 11: Learning some more!
Chapter 12: A step forward!
Chapter 13: The Hunt!
Chapter 14: The Clan!
Chapter 15: Thelmova
Chapter 16: Old and New
Chapter 17: The Good, the Annoying and the Irritating
Chapter 18: Beastmen Battle
Chapter 19: Calm before the storm
Chapter 20: Bon Voyage!
Chapter 21: Naval Training
Chapter 22: Dance of the Kraken
Chapter 23: The Interview
Chapter 24: Back again...
Chapter 25: Experiments and Results
Chapter 26: The Fight!
Chapter 27: Preparations
Chapter 28: Fellon
Chapter 30: A Storm and a Boat
Chapter 31: Captain
Chapter 32: Fate
Chapter 33: Understanding
Chapter 34: Coincidence
Chapter 35: A long journey's end
Chapter 36: Hya'cinth
Chapter 37: A new beginning
Chapter 38: Confusion
Chapter 39: The conference begins
Chapter 40: Blemishes and Boredom

Chapter 29: Sea God

1.1K 75 4
By komalesh

Please Note: Statements between % something in italics % are game system messages. 

***************************************************************************************************

The sea is a lonely place. The chances that you just jump in anywhere in the middle of it and expect to find a fish or any living thing for that matter is like one in billions, if not more. Most of it is just deep water.

Hanging a few feet below, wearing a constricting dive helmet which had a smallish roundish glass to look out of and a pipe with his supply of air, waiting for something to happen, was Raka. Beneath the waves, it was quiet. Silent except for the feeling of water which permeated through his skin. His hands and feet kept pushing him down as his natural buoyancy pushed him up.

It is a myth that people don't float. Rather it is more difficult to stay submerged. Without his heavy dive helmet, Raka wouldn't have managed to stay underwater for long before he got completely tired of moving his hands and feet. As such the weight helped him stay submerged, floating just a few feet below the surface.

And it was very lonely. Raka tried to move the helmet around so as to peer outside of the small window and look around. But everywhere was the same. Water. The sea floor was too deep to be visible. His surroundings had nothing, significant or otherwise. No creatures of the sea intervened. It was just him and the time which were moving.

Sunlight filtered in illuminating his surroundings. Sometimes, it would dampen as a cloud would pass overhead. Looking up, a wavy picture of the sky and the bottom of a boat were visible. Floating there, Raka had a lot of time to think.

'Hmm..this dive helmet is interesting.' He examined it feeling all around with his hands. 'From what I can feel, this is the type which keeps the water from flooding in by having a constant pressure of air on top. So if Guran ever stopped pumping in air, I would drown.' He was surprised by how he could simply analyse his deathly situation. Something thick, which felt like rubber, was pressing down on his neck, providing that constricting feeling. It was tight but not so much as to suffocate him. 'So this is what is stopping the water from simply rushing in but I don't think this is designed to operate in much depth. What do the fishermen use it for?'

Even that got boring after a while. 'How long do I have to wait?' Raka seriously considered heading up and talking to Guran. But he decided to wait a little more. Underwater, he could not really tell how much time had passed. He thought it was an hour but it may have been only minutes. There is this saying, time passes slow when you are bored. Atleast, there was still daylight. "Oh...come on...Mr. God...Miss Goddess, could you hurry up a little..."

Raka waited and waited. And then he felt it. It was a strange sensation. But he definitely felt water getting thicker. 'Am I losing my mind?' But if he could think then he can't be going crazy just yet.

He tried moving his hands and feet. 'Yep...it feels different. This feels like...jelly!' Water had thickened and it made moving difficult. Ideally, he should have sunk into whatever it was. But the solid feeling water was actually stopping him in place. And gradually the water kept getting thicker.

'Oh shit...' Realizing the danger, Raka struggled to get back up, but the thick water simply wrapped around him and he froze in place. No, not like chilled frozen. Rather like a statue, stuck in place. It kinda reminded him of that certain ill-natured magic, Bind. Except done with water. He was stuck making a weird pose.

Thankfully, his view had not been affected. 'This better not be a joke!'

And then he waited again. Hung there in a weird pose. Whoever was doing this, was certainly in no hurry. "Maybe the God has a sense of humour..." Atleast inside the helmet, he could move his head. And then things started happening.

It started getting darker. Like the sun was setting. Slowly darkness spread all around till he was in pitch black darkness. And then, it became so dark, Raka did not know if his eyes were open or closed. 'What the hell!' Even the feel of water had faded, as his mind had got used to it.

Raka felt like he was unconscious. And then out popped a huge green eye in his view.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" Every bit of hair on his body rose, every goose he had bumped, every organ inside jumped out of his mouth. But the huge green eye still stared back at him.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

Have you ever jumped into a pool and found a great white shark saying hello. Or maybe that creepy tree outside suddenly having a corpse hung from it. Taking a train and finding a ghost on the next seat. Whatever you may have gone through, it was nothing compared to getting stared at by a huge green eye in a pitch black sea.

Raka took deep breaths trying to calm himself down but it was no use. He was having the scare of his life right now and he couldn't move a finger. He did the next best thing...he screamed his lungs out.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Some minutes of screaming later, he calmed down. All the while this huge ass green eye never stopped staring. Not even blinked.

When his brain finally caught up with this situation, he started noticing other details. The green eye was not really green. A green hue was coming out, all around the eye, making the eye seem green. Raka couldn't see what it was part of though. All he could see outside the glass was the eye. 'I am not dead...yet!'

He stared back at the eye. And it stared right back. What an impasse.

And then he felt it. His hands could move. But his feet were still stuck. 'Exactly what am I supposed to do?' Raka had never felt this out of sorts.

Raka moved his hands and tried to touch, whatever was around. He felt something hard and smooth. It was like nothing he had ever felt before. And as he did, the thingy moved back. As it did, some more body parts came into view, all giving out a strange green hue. He still couldn't make out what that part of body, was part of. Whatever this thing was, it was humongous.

And yet, it simply turned it's eye and stared. 'Really now...' At the end of his wits, Raka remembered something. 'Maybe this thing is magical, so it must be intelligent....can I communicate...'

"Hello, how do you do?" Raka started. He waited to see if the creature would respond. But it did nothing. 'Now what?' In absolute confusion, Raka tried waving his arms. 'Still no reaction. Do tell me what you want..'

Raka racked his brains trying to remember everything he could do. 'Sing?'

"Ring a ring a roses...a pocket full of poses..husha and husha and all fall down..."

Nothing happened.

'Should I do some magic?' Raka decided it couldn't hurt to try. Well it could, but the risks were worth it. Not that he had any other option left.

Raka closed his eyes and entered his colorful world. And then there was light. From being stuck in the pitch black darkness, he was suddenly bathed in colorful light. This time the colors moved like continuous waves not staying still for a second. 'Holy...how am I supposed to focus like this..' The sea was an ever moving place.

Thankfully, the colors close to his body were slow enough. He focused on the colors near his hand and transformed water. Afraid of casting any attack magic, he simply waved his hand. The water magic cut through the surrounding jelly like water, in various lines illuminated by the green hue. But the creature just kept staring.

'Now what?' This was like getting stuck between a rock and a hard place.

They simply stared at each other for a few more minutes. Raka hoped that it would get bored and leave but it never shifted it's attention and kept staring right back.

"That is creepy, you know." Raka said out loud not expecting any reply back.

Then suddenly he had a brainflash! 'Could it understand magic language?' From what Raka knew, magic language was an ancient language spoken by the ancestors of the various races. Over the many years, the sounds of magic language had vanished. Now, it existed not as a spoken but a written language only. Even then, it was a language of magic, whose words made magic possible. But hadn't Guran said something like magic existed before our ancestors. 'Is it possible?' All he could do was try.

Raka transformed some water magic and using his hands, he wrote the symbols for water.

The creature finally started moving. And suddenly the darkness lifted. Where it was dark, sunlight came pouring down from above. And it revealed a sight far more terrifying.

Fear is not something which could be measured and hence there were no limitations in place. There is fear enough to kill.

The thing which flashed in front of Raka's eyes was green. A mountain had come down in the form of a sea creature. Forget the end, he could not even see the whole of it's beginning. He had to move his neck, left and right, just to see it's front. There were claws. Big as a couple of warships. And there were two. 'Alright I am going to die now...'

This was a Sea God. You do not fight a God. You pray to it. Pray that it lets you live. For not in a million years could a mouse ever hope to defeat a mountain. If it surfaced, it could become an island by itself. It was like the Great Barrier Reef upped and moved. This thing could eat a hundred ships and not even burp.

And it was swift. It's tremendous times humongous times huge (tremendous X humongous X huge) body turned around and swam away. Within minutes, Raka could not see it anymore. He did not even realize that his hands and feet could move now. He simply kept staring in that direction.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The journey back was a silent affair. Too many thoughts whirled around in Raka's head. Guran also left him alone. He knew it was a life changing experience.

So it was for Raka too. Almost suddenly, this world had taken a whole new meaning. Sea Gods were terrifying. And huge. And most of all, masters of magic.

All the things which he had not noticed when he was pissing in his pants, came into focus now. 'How far can that thing do magic? It should be like a few kilometres atleast, judging by it's speed...' Even then, Raka was sure that he had not seen it's maximum capability.

'And that size...' Raka still shivered when he remembered that big green eye. It was the stuff of nightmares. He doubted he would ever forget that. And then he shivered again. Traumatic was one word for it.

In the end, he wasn't even able to see what kind of creature it was. 'It seemed like a big green lobster...' He guessed.

Back on the island, Guran invited him to his home. As Raka sat on the chair, Guran placed a goblet in front.

"Drink this," he said.

Raka took a big gulp of this dark golden colored liquid.

"Ugh...." It was barka. Amazingly good for shaken nerves. Extremely bad on the tongue. A wave of warmth washed over him and he gradually stopped shaking.

"So that was the Sea God, eh..haha.." Raka finally said.

"Yes. Ruler of the seas. All beings of the sea are within his domain. And if he doesn't like you, well..." Guran shrugged.

"What is he though?" Raka asked.

"I don't know. He is ancient. This God was around before my grandfather's grandfather. Rumours say that they are the masters of water magic. Rumours also say that we learned magic from them. Too many stories, too many legends. No one knows the truth. Not even us, fishermen. But all those who travel the seas know, never to disrespect the Sea Gods." Guran replied.

"Sea Gods? There are more than one?" Raka was shocked.

"There are many. Each of them rules over a portion of the seas. Sea Gods are extremely territorial. All the seas in the world are divided into their territories. The more powerful they are, the larger their domain. They don't care much about lower beings but will not allow any other Gods to enter their domain." Guran said.

"Then why do they kill humans who want to become fishermen? We are not Sea Gods?" Raka asked.

"Why do you think? They claim all beings in their territory as their own. When we fish, we take from them. Moreover, humans are not sea creatures. We live on land. They cannot rule over us. So, they consider us as invaders." Guran replied sarcastically.

"Hahaha...what a reason. But then why do let some of us live?" Raka was really curious now.

Guran simply shrugged in reply.

"Say Guran, what was it like with you? I wrote on the water using magic language? Do you think they understand magic language?"

"Maybe. I don't know. In my case, I simply prayed." Guran sighed.

Raka was disappointed. He really thought that thing could understand magic language. Maybe that's why it let the fishermen live. But the Sea Gods were far more mysterious, it seemed.

"Um..you said they are territorial? How big is this God's territory?" Raka asked.

"All the sea between the four human islands." Guran replied. Raka was shocked.

"Do you still want to be a fisherman?" Guran asked softly. "Let me remind you, that fishing itself is dangerous, even without the Sea God."

Raka was about to reply but he stopped. He suddenly remembered that huge green eye again. His breath grew heavy as that nightmare played in his mind.

"Is it ok if I take some time to think about it?" Raka asked.

"Take as much time as you need." Guran nodded.

Raka walked out on the streets and logged out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swamy sighed as he came out of the game capsule. He walked to the loo and pissed. Afterwards he washed his hands and face in the cool water. Then he walked to the window and watched the hustle and bustle of a busy city.

"Haah....this is what I needed. A dose of reality. What am I scared of...it's just a game." Swamy made up his mind and walked back to the capsule.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not much time had passed in the game, when Raka knocked on Guran's door again.

"Have you decided?" Guran simply asked.

"Yes. I have." Raka replied.

Guran looked in Raka's eyes. It was not flinching like it was before. He smiled.

"Follow me then." And Guran started leading Raka towards one of the houses.

At the end of the row of houses, Guran stopped in front of one. It was a similar cabin made simplistically with wood. Next to it was a huge yard. The yard looked like some kind of storage for all kinds of wood pieces, splinters and other kind of stuff. But it didn't look newly made. Most of it was broken off. 'Maybe they keep the waste construction material here, probably for reuse...' Raka guessed. He seriously hoped this was not what his future ship would be made of.

"This is one of the houses which were destroyed by a storm years ago. A dear friend of mine lost his life that day coming back from the sea. Perhaps it was symbolic that his house was torn down by a storm the same day." Guran said as he pointed to the yard.

"Many years have passed since then and not one became a fisherman before you. Some did try though." Guran added.

"It is a fisherman's only legacy. To leave behind his memories, his house, to the next fisherman. Wishing them well, he prays for them in death. For not even his families have that right." Saying that Guran closed his eyes in front of the wreckage.

Only then Raka realized the value of the few houses in this village. Their own families cannot live in them after they die as the right to live in this village belongs only to the fisherman. If their children became fishermen then they could continue living in the house. But if they don't, they will have to vacate it for another. Each house becomes a fragile living symbol of the past. And this wreckage represented a symbol which was lost.

"I know Goddess's children don't really need houses. But as a fisherman I would like you to honor our legacy. Build a house here, your own, which will then pass on to others." Guran said.

%

                                Fisherman's Legacy

A fisherman lives a fragile existence. Each day could result in his death. Still, he has chosen to be one who lives off the mercy of the sea. Living a simple life, fishermen do not own many riches and their dwellings are also not their own. But they do their best and this feeling is passed on through their houses, to the next fisherman. Guran wants you to build your own house which will be passed on to others, as fishermen.

Difficulty: E

Reward: Temporary ownership of the house will be given. Intimacy increases with the villagers.

%

'Build a house?' Raka did not know how to build a house. But it couldn't be too hard, could it? After all he did give that virtual reality exam before.

"I will try my best to build a wonderful house." Raka accepted.

"If you could give me some materials..." Raka asked Guran. Guran nodded to the woods behind the wreckage.

"The Queen allows us the entire woods behind. You can find the wood you want or pay others to bring the wood for you. We fishermen help each other in that way. A lot of us are good with woodworking, metalworking and other stuff." Guran said.

"Ah that reminds me. Raka, fishermen build their own boats. Ofcourse, everyone will help. But not for free. If you cannot pay them, the Crown will pay them for you but then you will be indebted. You will have to pay it back either in coins or in terms of service." Guran added.

"I didn't understand?" Raka was confused.

"If you cannot pay the money, you will have to work here for a certain number of years before your debt is considered settled. But most of us are here to stay so it doesn't matter much. You want to leave though, so it would be better if you did most of the work yourself and earned enough gold to pay back whatever debt you incur. Fortunately for you, the materials you bring from the woods is your own."

"Ah. But I have never built a boat before. I think I will need a lot of help." Raka became sad. Years of service? That sounded very bad.

"Hmm...do not lose hope just yet. First, let's determine how much help you need. Let's take the building of this house as a test of your abilities. Also you can come everyday to help me fish. You can learn and I can pay you depending on how you fare. But all the fish you catch on my boat, remains mine." Guran offered.

%

You have been offered a job. Guran hires you to work on his ship as his helper.

The pay will vary depending on work quality.

%

"I accept." Raka agreed. 'Maybe the fish would cost more than what he pays, but my goal is not to simply become a fisherman anyway.' Raka also wanted to learn sailing and other related skills, which could not simply be bought with money. 'First is this house...'

Raka sifted through the wreckage not touching any stuff, just looking around to get a feel for what kind of materials were usable. Folded nails, broken timber, lots of wooden strips like things and some other stuff he didn't recognize.

'Let's just go with building a one room wooden cabin.' Raka decided on a hut like structure. 'Let's just draw a basic design first.' Raka was not good at drawing but the ruler and other geometric tools he had made, helped a lot. Ofcourse, even before that he had to know what to design.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swamy looked at various simple house designs and read articles on how to build them. What kind of materials were used all around the world? How did they built their bases and all sorts of stuff? What kind of wood would be good? He was learning how to build a house.

'Beams...pillars.. hmm..' He studied eagerly. And then when he would log back in, he would draw on the paper the kind of house he wanted. It was simple and yet, the mathematics of it were not. Swamy wanted to make it simple which would not take too much effort. But he also wanted it to be strong enough to resist high winds or even storms. Doing a shoddy job was just not his style.

This was his routine in real life and game for several days.

Swamy started with a simple one room hut design, but it slowly evolved into a large cabin, with enough area for a bed, kitchen and bathroom. Because he was trying to make it strong, it had become a bit larger than he intended. His design consisted of multiple criss-crossing beams to support the weight. Infact, if his calculations were correct, the roof might blow over, but the rest of the house won't fall.

'With this I should be done.' Swamy looked at the paper in his hand. He liked the house which he had drawn. 'Now the only thing which remains is finding the appropriate materials and then building it.'

There was one more reason why Swamy spent so much time doing this. Quests in Long Island never had fixed rewards. Even when their description said they did. All the quests he had done so far, supported this fact. Oh, you would get the normal reward but then if you did particularly well, it might open up a quest chain or some extra reward. Intimacy quests, especially, had no fixed rewards which meant depending on how well he did, it might actually help him more afterwards.

Swamy stretched his arms. He had been sitting for too long. He went to the bed to lie down for a bit. As soon as he closed his eyes, a large green eye popped in his thoughts. It still scared him, but with time it had become less scary. He thought about that 'big green lobster' as he called it.

As he thought about it, a past memory of Lady Verina popped up. She said energy perception had both range and detail. Most people developed them at various rates. 'Raka' was developing his range first. 'Could I also do magic from several kilometres away?' Swamy was doubtful.

'I can still perceive a long distance. Atleast an entire floor, which should be several metres atleast.' Swamy thought back on his experiences. Theoretically, it should have been possible to do magic if you could perceive energy at a distance. But when he had tried it before, it took a really really long time to gather energy for magic. Almost like the farther he was doing magic from himself, the more slowly the energy gathered. The perception of distance truly affected magic.

'But I can still perceive it, even if I can't do magic. Would it become better if my Perception stat improved?' From what Swamy could understand, Perception stat reduced the speed with which energy gathered and it should improve his ability to perceive energy. Doing various things in his colorful world improved the Perception stat. But he had only been able to increase his stat point by 1 so far. So there wasn't any noticeable difference. Maybe if he increased it more, he might be able to reduce the distance limitation.

'Hmm....distance limit....' Something itched at the back of Swamy's mind. 'Distance limit...limit...removing the limit..' He felt like he was close to understanding something important. But even after spending some time, the clouds didn't clear in his head. It was almost like he got it, but yet didn't get it. 'Oh well, it will become clear eventually. Maybe I am just tired right now.' And he dozed off.

Before he dozed off, Swamy looked at the date. The new term would start next week.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raka logged in really early in the morning, game time. The sun had not risen yet. Now, it was time for the fishermen to head out.

He made his way to the beach and found several ships being readied. He headed to one of them.

"About time you got here. Pass me that rope and then push..." Guran said.

Fishing was a really dangerous activity as Raka had found out. There was no fishing line and bait to catch fish. Not even nets. Fortunately for him, he was with an experienced fisherman or he would have died so many times.

As the sun was about to rise, they came close to a fishing spot. These spots were where one had a good chance of finding fish. It seemed similar to how it was in the real world, as Raka found out from the internet. Maybe it was the food or the water but fish liked to gather here. Ideally, if it were the real world, lines would be cast out and nets would be lowered. Not in the game though.

"Ready....careful now." A simple voice, no louder than a whisper came out of Guran. Raka had already equipped his staff and his hunting knife was lying next to his feet as he stood up gingerly on the boat.

"Here they come!" A sharp sound filled the air as hundreds of fish jumped off the water aiming towards the people on the boat. Right, the people were bait themselves.

Raka quickly swung his staff, hitting and knocking the fish as it approached. Guran was much faster, as he stood steady as a rock on this rocking boat. Yep, this was the Ilmentian method to catch fish. Knock them out!

After knocking out quite a lot, the rest of the attacking fish simply ran away. The fishermen scooped out the knocked out fish, and pierced them with their knives before loading them on the ships.

This particular fish looked like the piranha, with sharp teeth which could bite the flesh off the bones. And they could jump out of the water to attack. Raka got bit a lot, seeing as he was new to all this. Thankfully, his Life was enough and the other fishermen quite good at their jobs.

'Hah....still got bit about 15 times. Each of these suckers take 5-6 Life out with each bite...' Raka sighed. Not that he could complain. These fish were near the bottom of the food chain. They were like easy monsters in a game. Almost the size of a rabbit, their meat tasted absolutely delicious. They were called 'pikemen'. No kidding! These fishes relied on their numbers and their teeth. A pack of pikemen, like piranhas, were dangerous.

Guran had pointed out their tell-tale signs when they jumped out of the water. Keeping that in mind, they were easy to deal with. As soon as Raka saw them jumping out, he would aim his staff on them. Like rabbits, they attacked straight. Their bodies were generally slippery, well, being fish and all. But, seemingly they were quite sensitive near and on their heads. Hitting near there, caused them to spasm and pass out, without causing much damage. Anywhere else on their body though, weapons like staffs were useless. Have you ever tried to hit fish with a stick?

But fishermen didn't go for sword or spear like weapons when hunting the pikemen. Whole fish sold for more money. And these were relatively easy to deal with.

"Galpagos!" This was a bit of danger, according to Guran. Galpagos was a boat sized fish, like sharks. They fed on the pikemen. And were a danger for the fishermen boats. Their teeth could snap the wood off boats. Their skin was tough as well, so fishermen couldn't risk these galpagos hitting their boats either. Solution? First method is to run. If pikemen were still around, the second method wouldn't work.

Some people immediately donned the dive helmets and jumped in with spears in their hand. Fortunately, galpagoses and pikemen cannot use magic. Even then, fishermen cannot afford to take them lightly. And if you couldn't kill a galpagos fast enough, it's friends would gather.

"Another one!" A shout rang out as another fin broke the water surface and other people signalled the ones in the water.

"Snakeheads! Quick get the people out! Raise the sails!" These were the real danger. Or it was the start of where the danger curve began. Fish which looked like an eel but had heads like snakes. Or rather it was better to classify them as snakes in the first place, but they had gills and fins and stuff. Their size was three times the galpagos's size. And most depressingly, they could do magic. They shot out water from their mouths. Usually the water would damage their opponents, but it could also be used to blow a hole in the boats or to snipe at people on those boats.

In the water, their jaws would make mincemeat of anything. They ate the galpagos after all. Most terrifying perhaps was the fact that they had amazing aim. The fishermen who care about their lives, run!

And these were experienced fishermen. The submerged people shot out of water and landed on the boats as the other people raised the sails and tried to run away. Maybe the snakeheads don't consider the humans as a threat but they don't follow us. Or maybe they are just lazy as they can easily get other prey instead. Or maybe they don't like the taste of humans. None of the fishermen had any idea but it was fortunate that the snakeheads didn't really chase us when we ran away.

We ran away to another fishing spot. This time we caught eels. Eels like in real life, looked like eels. Just a bit bigger. 'What is up with magic making everything bigger? Can't something become smaller!' Raka had a thought. Normal eels were simple eels with a bit of electric discharge. But their discharges had a long cooldown time. Raka poked an eel with a wooden rod. After the discharge, he simply scooped it out with a catching net.

"Lightning eels!" The one keeping watch shouted. These were a problem. Unlike the normal eels, which were black, these were bluish green. Like normal eels, they could also use lightning magic. Maybe it should be correctly called electrical magic. But this was a time before electricity. Anyways, lightning eels were like an upgrade over normal eels. Depending on the level of their lightning attack, you could end up stunned, or dead. Not to mention, the lightning eels were far more powerful than normal eels. Even their size was bigger. Thankfully they suffered the same disadvantage. Once their powerful attacks shot out, they needed time to charge up again. Just in the case of lightning eels, the cooldown time was shorter.

Lightning was not classified as an element in magic, because it was not easy to control. Even common eels, could only strike all around them but could not aim at a particular thing. 'Maybe it would be called an AOE or Area of Effect attack.' Which made lightning eels much more dangerous for they could aim within a range. Atleast the range was small.

By the time the fishermen came back, merchants had gathered. And a fish market opened up right on the beach. These merchants would then supply the fish to various places. This was kinda the daily event. Raka helped out as well.

Around noon...

"Guran, do you need me for anything else?" Raka asked.

"No." Guran replied.

"Farun, I will be borrowing the tools like always." Raka added.

"It's ok. Just take care of them like always." Farun replied back.

Raka had a quick lunch with monkey and parrot at their meeting place in the woods. And then went about collecting the wood to build the house. Everyday Raka did hard work from the time he logged in to the time he logged out. But it was worth it. He had started learning two new skills.

%

Skill Fishing: You can now learn the how to fish. Fishing can provide food and other materials and helps in sustaining in the sea for long periods. Guran offers to teach you the skill.

Requirements: Impress Guran with your fishing.

%

Skill Sailing: You can now learn how to sail a boat. Sailing allows you to travel from island to island over the vast sea and to find adventure. A good sailor treats his ship and crew with care. Guran offers to teach you the skill.

Requirements: Impress Guran with your sailing.

%

And just as he finished lunch, which included an orange, he finally got this message.

%

You have been cured of the disease Scurvy.

%

Disease Resistance stat has been created. Disease Resistance allows the body to fight known or unknown diseases and protects the body but requires that you are successfully able to fight and win against the disease. If you get infected and are successfully cured, you obtain additional resistance against that disease.

Based on your efforts you get 1 point to Disease Resistance. The stat increases based on your actions.

Scurvy Resistance attribute has been created.

Scurvy Resistance: 70%

%

Raka liked the sound of this disease resistance. 'But to gain disease resistance, would I have to get infected by it?' Raka sighed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 45 3
In the year 2081, every studio and industry came together to create a game of every franchise to appease the most people imaginable. They called it W...
3.6K 349 41
The hottest game in history is about to be released. It promises to revolutionize gaming. As the first virtual reality massive multiplayer online rol...
130 1 8
Hello young one... You are in a road many wish to follow, but cannot reach. As the road divides into two paths, you are left with only two choices. ...
20.9K 1K 113
The gaming format «R.E.M. D.I.V.E» Rapid Eye Movement, Digital interface with Virtual Environments, often called «Dream Gaming». The world's leading...