Red Hood - Vengeance

By The_Pugg

Y/N Todd was the second Robin, taken under the Bat's wing he was taken off the streets and pushed into a life... More

-- Introduction --
The Beginning
Training Commences
The First Night
-- Villains you'd like? --
Familiar Faces
Clash with the Clown
A New Start
-- Apologies!! --
Anger of a Father
Loyalty to the League?
The Power of Rage
The Investigation Begins
Deceit and Warnings
A Tense Meeting
A Shocking Revelation
-- A Break --
Threats and Opportunities
The Crafting of an Allegiance
A Battle of Brothers
The Makings of a Monster
League Vs Legion
The Clown's Plan

Tragedy

1.2K 35 7
By The_Pugg

Robin woke up and could barely see his surroundings. His head was screaming...was he kicked?

He looked around the dark room, a single light was directly above him and he could only see directly around him. He tried to move his arms but they were stuck to the chair, metal wrist locks?

He heard a door open in the darkness and looked about the room.

"Oh, he's awake." A random deep voice called out.

"Is he now?" A rat-like voice responds.

Two faces leered, inches from Robin's face.

"Go alert the boss while I welcome him in." The deeper voice ordered

One of the two faces disappeared.

"Oh, so am I going to get a cup of tea? A biscuit maybe?" Robin sarcastically said.

Within the next second the criminals fist slammed across Robin's face and he begun coughing.

"Be sly all you like, the boss will have his fun breaking you."

"He can try." Robin said, spitting on the criminals face.

"Oh, you sunova-" the criminal growled raising his fist.

"Now, now..." the familiar voice of the clown called out.

The criminal turned around.

"Hey there, boss. He's warmed up for ya."

Y/n looked up and saw the outline of the Joker, his shadow standing in the doorframe, he walked forwards, the clacking of his suit shoes bouncing about the room until he too, leered at Robin.

Y/N watched as the clown reached into his suit pocket and pulled out a handgun, within the next second a bullet was shot into the man's forehead and he fell, dead.

Y/n looked down at the dead man, his ears ringing.

"Don't worry, yours won't be nearly as short-lived."

"I can't wait." Y/n dryly responded.

The clown giggled.

"To begin..."

The gloved hand reached across Robin's face and ripped off his domino mask.

Joker grabbed Y/n's chin and forced his face upwards, his acid-green eyes staring into Y/n's E/c eyes.

"No idea who you are." The clown giggled, walking around to stand behind Y/n, "but I'm sure we'll get to know one another."

The clown strolled around to the front and now brandished a beautiful ornate cane.

"You know, I've got so many plans on how I'm going to destroy you, I'll slowly chip away at your body and your sanity..."

He drew the cane back.

"...until you escape into madness!"

He began swinging.

Y/n only felt the impacts and heard the manic laughter as he was mercilessly beat.

When Joker had finished, Y/n was spitting blood and could tell several of his ribs had been smashed.

Joker breathed heavily as he dropped the cane, now caked in blood.

"Get some rest...if you can," the clown told Y/n, "...tomorrow, we start with knives!"

Y/n was in too much pain to move, he focused on breathing.

"Bruce...where are you?" Y/n breathed, barely conscious.

His head dropped and Y/n was asleep.

--

"Wakey............wakey."

The voice was distant and unclear.

"Is he dead?"

Wait, no, it was closer now.

"WAKE UP!"

A sharp pain shot into Y/n's hand, his eyes opened and darted to his hand, a long blade sticking out of his hand.

Y/n held back a scream as the clown giggled.

"Oh good, he's awake!"

The giggling was quickly stifled as he began to juggle some knives.

After a short time, the clown intentionally missed one of the knives and it fell into Y/n's leg, causing him to scream in pain.

"Oops!" He chuckled, "butterfingers!"

Joker reached over and crudely ripped the knife from his leg, blood spilling onto the floor.

The Clown threw the knife away before going back to juggling, he repeated the process twice more, giving new knife injuries in Y/n's shoulder and forearm.

After throwing all the knives onto the floor he clapped his hands together and grinned.

"Time to patch you up."

The clown reached into a small fire basin that Y/n hadn't noticed and pulled out a red-hot fire poker.

In the next second he unceremoniously dragged the burning poker along Y/n's injury causing him to scream in agony.

"Oh, stop being a baby!" Joker shouted, dragging the poker along the other injuries, laughing as he did so.

Next, he slipped a metal crown onto Y/n's head

He yanked a switch on the wall and the chair began to course electricity throughout his body.

These types of torture continued every single day for Y/n, Joker's creativity never ceased to pain him; whether it was to dip his fingers in liquid nitrogen or to fill his lungs with special fear gas courtesy of Scarecrow, it never ceased. He couldn't tell how long he'd been captured by Joker or why Batman hadn't come for him.

"Bat....man...."

"Come now, Y/n, you should know by now that the big bad bat isn't coming." 

Y/n watched as Joker set up a video camera and pointed it towards him.

"Hello? Is this thing on? Hello Bats! I've had my fun breaking your precious little Robin!" He laughed, handing the camera to one of his henchmen.

"Here, I'll show you what we've been getting up to."

Joker pulled out a crowbar and began beating onto Y/n, who silently sat there, being beaten. The swings caused him to fall onto his side in the chair.

"It got boring when he stopped reacting to the pain though. Only thing he ever says these days is your name."

He dropped the crowbar and did a high-pitched voice.

"Batman...batman!" 

Cut to the batcave, as Batman and Nightwing watched this tape on the batcomputer.

"You want him, he's yours! Come and get him at Cobblepot Park!" His voice called out, erupting into laughter as the camera cut out.

"Y/n..." Nightwing said, sorrow in his voice.

Batman said nothing, he simply ran towards the batmobile and raced off towards Cobblepot Park.

--

The car screeched to a halt as it stopped before Cobblepot Park.

The Dark Knight climbed out of the vehicle and simply walked through the park, his fists tightly clenched as he did so.

After a short walk he came to a clearing that held the statue of a Cobblepot ancestor, and in front of it a small man in a top hat.

As the Bat approached, the small man giggled.

"O frabjous day! Callooh, callay! The Batman's here! It's time to play!"

The Bat stopped in front of the small man, towering over him by almost 2 feet (my mad hatter is really tiny at 4' 3")

"The Clown has made you frown so I've been sent to turn that upside down." He shrilled in glee.

"If you wish to know the location of the little birdie, then you must-HRRK"

The small man had a hand clenched around his throat and was lifted into the air, his legs swinging wildly.

"Where...is...Joker?" Batman slowly growled.

The hatter spluttered but couldn't speak, under the Bat's grasp he was too meek!

"Sir, you might want to lessen your grip before Tetch turns a deeper shade of purple." Alfred's voice called through Batman's earpiece.

Suddenly, Bruce realised the scene before him, Hatter was pink, his eyes full of fear that the Bat was really going to kill him.

He controlled his rage and let go of the Hatter, he fell to the floor and began coughing.

"The Clown has caused a great rage...to find him you must engage..." He coughed some more. "The place stands tall, where madness reigns from wall to wall."

This time, Batman grabs his collar and lifts him up

"If you're lying Tetch..."

"A liar! Me? It simply cannot be!"

"I'm warning you..."

"I assure you, I'm no liar! I wouldn't want to stoke your fire!"

Batman threw the hatter against the statue and darted back towards the batmobile, he had to head to Arkham Asylum.

--

Inside the run-down asylum the Clown Prince of Crime sat in the communal area on a standard sofa next to a window facing towards the front of the facility.

As he waited, tapping his foot, his aide Harley sat opposed to him.

"Everything's almost in place, Puddin'!" She happily reported.

"Excellent, now we..."

He watched as the Batmobile roared through the gates of the Asylum. Harley scrambled to grab a microphone in front of her.

"Everyone, pick up the pace! The Bat-loser is here ahead of schedule!"

"Positions, my dear." Joker said, standing with his cane.

Harley silently followed.

--

Batman kicked open the doors of the Asylum and walked through its desolate halls.

As he walked through, many criminals tried to stop him but they were all dispatched with ease, this Bat wasn't interested in holding back.

In his wake, many broken bones and missing teeth were left behind, several destroyed bodies laid in immense pain.

The intercom noise rung through the halls.

"You really showed them, huh?" The familiar laughing voice echoed.

"...nothing compared to what I did to yours!" He shouted, erupting into laughter.

As he rounded a corner, he was there, Y/n!

Batman began sprinting before realising it was a large TV screen that displayed a still image of the video Joker had recorded before.

He kicked the TV in frustration, breaking the screen.

Batman kept walking through the halls as Joker kept aimlessly talking.

"I always hated this place...black and grey, such a horrible colour scheme...oops!" He laughed.

"Red though? Such a nice colour! Especially when it's pouring out of someone's body."

The Dark Knight wasn't listening, his eyes and ears were tuned in to only him, his face, his voice, he had to be here, He had to save him.

Eventually he had searched every cell in the Asylum. He finally reached the communal area, it was barren, just empty seats and tables.

He scoured every inch of the room, his foot snagged on the carpeted floor, he tore it off the floor, revealing a trapdoor.

"Alfred, I don't recall the Asylum having a basement."

"Nor do I, sir, one moment."

As Batman crouched to remove the lock Alfred responded.

"All most recent blueprints of the building have no record of a basement, though a blueprint of the Asylum's construction shows a basement was indeed created, and a rather large basement at that."

Batman pulled the lock off the trapdoor and threw it open, showing a stairwell.

He descended the stairwell and came out to a large hall, a massive wall made out of mannequin pieces with a throne on top stood at the edge of the hall.

Batman looked towards the throne to see the Joker, with Harley on his lap.

"Where's Robin?" Batman said.

"Please, we both know his name." The Joker mused.

"Where...is...he?!"

"Before I tell you anything, I think I should lay out some rules for the festivi-"

Batman grappled a large support beam at the top of the room and pulled it out, causing it to fall.

It fell straight through the mannequin wall and caused the Joker and Harley to fall and slide, stopping right before Batman's feet.

Batman clenched his hand around the Joker's throat and lifted him up.

"Let's...hrk...not let things...hrk...get out of hand." Joker choked, shifting his throat in Batman's grasp.

Harley stood up and tried to hit Batman but he simply backhanded her.

Batman threw Joker into the wall and punched him to the floor before kicking him in the stomach.

He grabbed his collar and began punching his jaw continously, each blow causing Joker to cough up more blood.

"WHERE IS HE?"

"I think enough time has gone, Harley dear."

Harley clicked a remote and a section of the wall fell away to show Y/n strapped to a chair, covered in his own dried blood and his head hanging down.

"Y/n..."

Batman let go of Joker and ran towards Y/n, raising his head.

"Y/n...are you alright? God, what'd they do to you?" His voice was softer, more Bruce then Batman.

"Bruce.......run....." Y/n's weak voice barely whispered.

Batman looked down to see a crate of explosives with a timer on 7 seconds underneath Y/n's chair.

"I'm sorry." Batman stated, fighting back tears as he dove for cover.

Y/n felt a flicker of happiness, seeing Bruce again, knowing he hadn't left him behind. For Y/n, everything got very warm and hot and bright, before it suddenly went all dark.

--

Batman stood amongst the rubble of the Asylum as he finally found him. He slowly lifted the charred and burnt body of Y/n.

"Y/n...no." Batman quietly said, placing his forehead against Y/n.

"No....."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.4K 1.1K 10
❝WHEN HE LEFT, IT FELT AS IF A PIECE OF ME LEFT WITH HIM.❞ ❝DO YOU STILL FEEL ALONE?❞ ❝SOMETIMES, BUT THEN I THINK, HE NEVER DID LEAVE. I WOULD JUST...
23.4K 583 14
After the death of your boyfriend, Jason Todd, you wonder if he's still out there, somewhere. After being killed by the joker and being revived in...
81K 2.3K 23
Everyone knows the story of the second Robin, the one who met his end at the hands of the Joker and a crowbar. Little do they know, that is just wher...
41.5K 1.5K 10
In the world of Young Justice, Jason Todd was the second Robin after Dick Grayson. But Jason didn't last very long, dying in the line of duty. His de...