Who? | The Dhampir (Book Two)

By MalyTenTen

Georgina continues to seek answers as she steps into the hidden world of the furry beasts... ________________... More

Hey
Author's Note
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII

XVII

152 15 3
By MalyTenTen

Georgina

"George," Clarkson whispers as he follows me to the staircase leading to the cliff.

"What?" I whisper back.

"Where are you going!?" Clarkson asks.

"To my Mom," I reply. My hands hold the stringer while I take my every step in tiptoes.

"What are you saying?" Clarkson asks in confusion. "You're going to the Alpha's place. We're breaking the rules," he says as he continues our whispered conversation.

"No!" I exclaim but still whisper. "I'm visiting the mystic forest of witches. Why are you following me?" I whisper while continuously taking steps. "Go home if you don't want to break the rules."

"Well after hearing where you're going, I should follow you," he says. His voice becomes more audible. "You don't know where that place is."

"This is the quickest route to get to the witches, right?" I ask in a soft voice.

"Yeah," he replies. "And the quickest way for us to get scolded and probably punished."

"I have my excuse," I say as I carefully step on the stairs. "Hah," I breathed out as I made it to the top. I peek my eyes to check if werewolves are roaming around.

"What?" Clarkson asks. "What can you see up there?"

"No one," I say while scanning the surroundings. "I guess everyone's asleep."

I step on the cliff as I wrap myself in my black long coat. Trying to avoid any noise, I slowly take my steps as carefully as possible.

"Georgina has transformed," I hear mumble while walking past every house.

"Everyone knows that. Why do you have to tell us about it?"

"You see. They brought the real one. Aren't you afraid to be replaced?"

"I'm not," I hear Dranula's voice. "Why would I? She's just a half-blood cub anyway."

What?

I startle when a hand holds mine. "Oh my–"

"Let's go, quickly," Clarkson whispers. "I don't want us to get caught."

"They're talking about me," I whisper to him.

"Yes, I heard them," he says while nodding. "And they might hear us too," He places his hands on my ears. "Don't mind them, okay? We have to pass this village without getting caught."

No more bad thoughts, George. I think to myself.

"How far is the forest?" I whisper to him.

"There," he points. "Should we use our werewolf forms?"

"I think we can pass this place without transforming," I reply. "Also," I tiptoe near my mouth to his ear. "I don't know how to transform."

"Well," he starts while looking up. "We should start walking," he says and holds my hand. He starts dragging me carefully while looking around.

"You're still in your uniform," I point out.

"For safety purposes," he quickly answers.

"So your Mother is a witch?" he whispers while walking carefully with his hand holding mine. He is leading our way without lowering his guard down.

"Yeah," I reply. I stop taking steps when I hear the soft sound of footsteps.

"We are caught," Clarkson whispers.

"Let's go more quickly," I whisper pushing him. I remove the scarf around my neck and cover my face.

"Stop right there!" I hear a male voice.

"Let's go!" I grab Clarkson's hand tightly and drag him with me.

"Follow them!" I hear the werewolf who caught us commands.

We run.

I didn't dare to show my face to them.

I have to meet my mother.

"Hey!" I exclaim when Clarkson lets go of my hand. I stop running and turn to look at him. Shocked, I gape mouth when Clarkson transforms into his full form. He runs to me and carries me by my waist.

"Is that Liev!?" The werewolves says in disbelief.

"They found out who you are," I whisper, still covering my face with my scarf.

He didn't reply. He just continues running. I shift my gaze back to the werewolves chasing us. My eyes widened when I saw them in their full form too.

"Liev!" they yell.

"Are you sure you have permission to enter the forest?" Clarkson asks while catching his breath.

"Yes," I answer. "Why–No!" I quickly cover my face when I accidentally let go of my scarf.

"We may not be able to enter the forest if we don't have any permission from at least one witch," he explains. He continues running past the tall grasses

"What!?" I exclaim. "Why didn't you tell me about that!?"

"You said your mother told you to meet her in the forest," he answers.

Does that mean...

"We're here," he says. "Now enter the forest," he says while catching his breath.

I look up and face the forest.

"Go," he says and lightly pushes my back.

"Let's go," I say. I hold his hand and drag him with me.

I fell on the ground when an invisible barrier blocked Clarkson from entering.

"It's alright," he says while panting.

"Go home, quickly! Don't get caught," I say while

"I won't," he says while waving. "I'll go now."

I nod and wave at him.

"Go," I say while he turns his back on me. "Quickly!"

He starts running.

I hope he returns home safely.

Nervously, I look around. My footsteps break the deafening silence of the strange forest. Fireflies fly and surround me as I take every step. The fireflies form a path, lighting my way.

"Should I follow you guys?" I whisper.

I follow where the fireflies are leading. My gaze looks around the forest. The shadows of the willow trees create a spooky aura. The fog isn't helping. Good thing the fireflies are here. I groan when my feet land on a mud puddle.

"Oh my–Damn," I hiss.

As I get lost in the forest, my gaze lands on the end of the path where a lake greets me. There's a bridge leading to the center of the lake. A tiny island-like land is at the lake's center where a willow tree with a wide crown is seen.

I take a walk to the bridge because that's where the fireflies are leading me.

"Mom?" I ask when I finally reach the center of the lake. I walk around the tree to find her.

"Mom?" I hear a male voice. My gaze lands on his back. The man is wearing a long black cloak.

"Who... are you?" I ask. Instead of taking steps toward him, I take a few steps back.

"I'm here to meet a witch," the man says as he removes the hood of his cloak. The fireflies surround us.

A witch?

Is it my Mom?

"Maybe you are the apprentice she's talking about," the man says and faces me.

"Are you the apprentice of Esperan–George?" the familiar man widened his eyes.

"Joaquin?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Shit," he says while nervously looking around. "You're her apprentice?"

"What are you doing here?" I say as I ball my fists.

"Esperanza asks me to–" he coughs as I strangle him.

I don't want to hear his reason anymore.

"Do you remember what you did to my Aunt?" I ask furiously as I hit him to the tree.

"Yes," he says in a strangled breath. "I do. I do," he says while tapping my hands.

"Why are you here!?"

We may not be able to enter the forest if we don't have permission to at least one witch.

"You got permission?" my grip around his neck loosened. "You know a witch?"

He gasps for air and holds his neck. "Yes, it's Esperanza," he answers while coughing.

"A witch named Esperanza gave me this."

"Once it glimmers, the alpha is nearby."

"Hold it."

"Quickly."

A witch named Esperanza gave me this.

"You know her?"

How?

* * *

Hey, I wanted to thank you guys who are still reading the story. I'm so grateful to meet you guys. I hope you are enjoying the story. What are your thoughts? Have a great day!

:>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147 9 15
โ๐ˆ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ง๐š ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฏ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐จ๐จ๐ฅ, ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ง๐ž๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ ๐ž๐ญ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ ๐š๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง...
10.8M 158K 44
Liza has always been shy, afraid of being noticed. As a new school year starts though, she is forced to face unanswered questions. Why did all her fr...
1.3K 74 44
โ€ข completed โ€ข If you notice any errors then please let me know โ€ข this is the second book, first one is published Love and lose. That is all that Mi...
160K 9K 61
A girl, haunted by her past was living in solitude. A man, running from his own demons. When their paths collide, the girl wants to run, but the guy...