Graduated With Love

By Vidhirai9

When Shrinidhi entered JSS college, her dream was to graduate with certificates and medals. But who knew she... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue

Chapter 17

15.3K 871 4
By Vidhirai9

Shrinidhi

Married life was blissful with Chiranth. Our sweet time together was moving quickly and the bond between us grew stronger each day. We both attended Pri and Samay's engagement. Since it was a small family function only important guests were present and we had a great family time. Unfortunately my family couldn't join because of Shrey's classes.

My birthday was on August 10th and when I opened my eyes early in the morning I had Ajji, Amma and Shrey at my door. I was shell shocked to see them.
"I'm not dreaming?"
I asked my husband who's grinning looking at me.
"Of course not"
He replied with a smile.
I ran out of my bed to hug Amma and Ajji. Its been a long time that I had seen them. Even during my vacation I couldn't visit them.

"Happy Birthday Nidhu. May god bless you Putta"
Amma kissed my forehead.
"Happy Birthday my Nidhu. May you get more chocolates from your husband daily"
That's like my Ajji.
"Happy Birthday bookworm"
Shrey..... Well that creature never changed.
"When did you all come?"
"You were sleeping like log. How would you know? Thank God Bhaava is observant unlike you."
"Shut up Shrey"
"Chiranth arranged cab since he couldn't come to pick us. He wanted you to celebrate your birthday with us. So he talked to your Appa and now we are here"
Ajji told me the behind scene details.
"Your Appa wanted to join. But he was busy..."
Amma.. You don't have to cover it. I know he wouldn't mind if its my birthday or not. Even when I stayed home my birthday wasn't something special to him. Only thing mattered to him was Shrey...

"Freshen up I'll make your favorite masal dosa for breakfast."
Amma said and everyone walked out of the room leaving me and my husband in the room.
"Thank you so much"
I don't know how the water tap in my eyes started leaking.
"I didn't call them here to see you crying. Go and freshen up. They will be waiting for us for breakfast"
I nodded and went to check for a dress to wear for today. I found a gift wrapped box in the wardrobe.
"Wear that today, please"
He said leaning to the bedroom door.
I nodded and opened the gift wrap. It was a sky blue crop top with navy blue skirt. I already loved it.

I quickly freshened up and changed into the dress. I picked up some good jhumkas and applied light makeup on my face. Suddenly I felt a pair of arms around my waist making me gasp for a second.
"You look gorgeous Nidhi and Happy Birthday"
He whispered in my ear as he made me wear a gold chain round my neck. The heart shaped pendent in it which had our initials CS engraved on it.
"Thank you so much. You look good too"
He was wearing the same shirt I gifted him.
"I was planning to take you out. But now I feel like I want you for myself"
His chin perfectly rested on my shoulder.
"Then why did you call them? Now you don't have that chance"
I laughed at my whiny husband.
"True. But my wife's smile is more important. I know you missed them too much, so I decided to give you a little surprise"
"This isn't little Chiru. You made my day very special. Thank you so much"
I kissed his cheek.

Someone cleared their throat outside our door and we suddenly shifted our position to look normal.
"As much as I want to see you both romancing, your favorite masal dosa doesn't taste good when it's cold. So continue your lovely time after breakfast"
Ajji was laughing at us.
"I think breakfast is important too"
He said.
"Yeah. I think so too"
We both walked out and had breakfast with others.

"Nidhu we got you something for your birthday "
Amma handed me a gift box. It was a gold bracelet .
"Amma... Why did you spend so much?"
I didn't want them to spend so much on me. Even if they had given me a chocolate bar I would have been more than happy.
" Nidhu. This is from me and your Amma. You still have us. Remember that putta."
"But Ajji.."
"Akka you have me also. See... I got you new watch from my savings. So whenever you check time you'll remember me "
My little Shrey has grown up so much.
"Appa gave you pocket money to spend on yourself Shrey. You don't have to spend it on me"
"Akka... You said I'm grown up right? Then I should act like a responsible brother right?"
"God... You people are making me cry badly today..."
I was tearing up and soon I was engulfed in a group hug by my family.

Rest of the day went well with all outing and shopping. This is the best birthday I have celebrated in my life. Even Pri, Samay and my in-laws called to wish me. Amma, Ajji and Shrey went back to Bangalore as Shrey had classes next day.

"Enjoyed your birthday, my birthday girl? "
My husband asked me after dinner when we settled on our bed.
"Why are you so good to me Chiranth? Sometimes I feel like I'm living in some fairytale"
"Shouldn't you feel good about it then?"
"I feel good but it equally scares me"
"Scares? But why?"
"I don't know Chiru... My concepts about marriage were completely different. So much love, care and concern.... I wasn't expecting anything of these. I'm scared if I get addicted to this and one day if things change drastically... I don't know how would I survive?"
"Nothing will change Nidhi. We love each other and we understand each other. We don't fight like others because we don't find it necessary. Arguments occur when people don't listen. But fortunately we both listen to each other's opinion and keep aside our ego before deciding things. Even if things change you'll still be my priority"

May be this is what people call happily married I suppose... I drifted sleep in his arms with a content heart.

We were having our second internals towards the end of August as we had college day planned in September. Our lab internals were scheduled in mid week of September.

Harshith sir was getting married on September 10th and as a best friend my husband had to be there during all the ceremonies. Even though I wasn't much close to them, they didn't make me feel awkward. Harshith sir's younger sister was actually my junior in St. Philomena's and we bonded really well.

We had real fun in their wedding and some of the faculty members got to know that I'm married to Chiranth. Now the real trouble started. But since it was just faculty, I don't think it will be a problem.

After the wedding ceremonies ended, we headed back home with a drained body.
"Chiru I'm too tired. Please make breakfast"
I wasn't even interested in opening my eyes when the clock showed 9.
"I'm tired too Nidhi. Lets order something. I want to sleep more"
He hugged me tightly and continued to sleep.
"What about your jogging?"
"I did enough jogging for a week yesterday because of this wedding. My body needs rest"
Then we continued to sleep till 11. We ordered our brunch and spent a lazy day together.

Next day I went to college earlier than usual since I had to collect some books from library and he had to attend a workshop in university college. I went straight to library and checked the books according to my syllabus and borrowed them.

On my way back to class I received a lot of stares. I checked myself and I was sure I wasn't wearing anything abnormal.

Even when I went to washroom I heard few students murmuring my name along with Chiranth. My worst nightmare was turning into reality. Hope this is all imagination.

I walked out of the cubicle and splashed some water on my face.
"I think she slept with him for all the good marks she got."
"I didn't know she would be so shameless. Isn't she married? How can she roam around with a married man?"
Blah. Blah and more blah blah...
Everyone in the college was busy giving me character certificate.
I didn't bother answering anyone. I directly went to my class and the separate battalion of villains was waiting for me.

Pri was waiting for me at the door and I was more than happy to see at least there was someone in the college who stood by side.
"Oh.. Ms. Goody two shoes... Or should I say Mrs. Characterless? When did you become this way Nidhi? We all thought you were a decent girl"
Mayoori hurled at me.
"What nonsense are you talking girl?"
Pri wasn't planning to stay calm even if I tried my level best to stop her.
"Come-on.... entire college knows she sleeps around with Chiranth sir for some petty marks. Do you really have to stoop so low Nidhi? Did you do this all these years to stay on top? At least spare that married man"
Preeti was adding more ghee to the already burning situation.
"Roaming around with Chiranth sir even after being married.. Is this what your parents taught you?"
More abuses followed.
"She has every right to roam around with Chiranth sir, since she is legally married to him. Staying with husband isn't a crime according to Indian law as of my knowledge. So please restrain your filthy tongue before you talk so much nonsense"
This is what I was worried about and its happening right in front of my eyes.

"What did you say? She married Chiranth sir? You want us to believe this nonsense?"
"You shouldn't have waited this long Nidhu. Look at these people talking nonsense about you"
"Pri let them be."
"Stop that drama Nidhi, if you're married you must have proofs right?"
"Of course she does. In fact I have their wedding photos. If you are so worried why don't you ask your department lecturers? I'm sure you can believe them."
She went on to show them our wedding photos too.

"Please Pri..."
I dragged her out of the class room and started walking towards home. I didn't have energy left in my body to fight with people.
"Nidhu you shouldn't have dragged me. Those bitches needed proper education."
"Please Pri. I want some peace in my life. I don't know if I can have it in that campus anymore."
"But marrying your lecturer isn't crime Nidhu."
"I know. But I don't want to cause any problems to him"
"I don't understand how does it cause problems to him"
"Please leave it Pri. I want be alone for sometime. Please don't tell him anything about today. I'll handle this on my own"
She finally agreed to leave me alone.
I wanted to sleep and forget everything that happened today and wake up to a normal day.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making plans"
Hope Shrinidhi and Chiranth can survive the storm which is about to strike their lives...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 1.5K 32
She never believed the concept of soulmates until him and he never found one. ˋ➷The story revolves around two medical students. Avyukta Bharadwaj, a...
29.6K 1.4K 51
Trueloves & Friendships🍃 MY BEST PARTNER When Jahnvi Mittal was struggling with her career and life to become something on her own. To achieve her d...
8.6K 615 6
Where did you meet the love of your life? Coffee shop? Work place? Metro station? University? One night stand? I've heard them all. Meet Kushi Gupta...
31K 1.8K 38
LOVE FINDS YOU IN THE MOST UNEXPECTED WAY AND AT THE MOST UNEXPECTED TIME WHEN YOU ARE NOT LOOKING FOR IT............. ...