Constant

romantic_monstrosity tarafından

constant /ˈkɒnst(ə)nt/ •occurring continuously over a period of time. •a situation that does not change. Daha Fazla

Description & Characters
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
A/N
Six
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
A/N
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
A/N
Twenty-one
Epilogue

Seven

663 29 11
romantic_monstrosity tarafından

February 26, 2019
Tuesday
12:15 pm.

••••••••

I walked into the kitchen where she was sitting down at the breakfast table on her laptop and drinking some tea. I sat next to her and she didn't even acknowledge me.

"Bre?" She looked at me when I touched her arm and I retracted my hand. "Mama?"

"Mikhail just let me breathe please?"

"Breanna?"

"Can you be any more annoying Mikhail? Damn." She shut her laptop and got up. She walked out of the kitchen and I sighed.

"Trouble in paradise?"

"Oh, good morning Miss Annalise."

"Good morning son." She smiled and gave my shoulder a squeeze before she went over to the stove. She was a chef by profession but after Bre and Tee left home, she retired and she didn't get to cook much anymore so she was making full use of us being there.

"How are you doing this morning Miss Annalise?"

"I'm good my boy, giving God thanks."

"As we should. I'm going to head out, Tee wanted me to drop her off somewhere."

"Okay but is everything good with you and my daughter?" I loved how she never took sides when it came to Bre and I. She heard both sides of a story then gave advice based on the common denominator.

"All we ever seem to do is fight nowadays."

"I wonder whose fault that is?" She said rhetorically as she walked into the kitchen to pick up her laptop. "Good morning Mommy, forgive my manners."

"It's okay baby, good morning."

"You ain't give me a chance to finish what I was gon say. I was gon say that it's my fault because I'm always messing things up and you don't deserve that. You deserve better from me mama."

"Okay Mikhail." She walked over to her mom and kissed her cheek. "I'll be back later."

"Where are you headed sweetie?"

"You remember Atwon right?"

"Oh yes, Charlene's son."

"Okay so I ran into him and he invited me out to have brunch today." She stepped back and did a little twirl. "How do I look?" That didn't sit right with me that she was trying to look pretty for him, not that she needed to try to look pretty because she was straight fire.

"You look pretty baby."

"Thanks mom."

"You're welcome and I'll see you when you get back." She turned around and left with me staring after her. "Don't worry about her, she'll come around soon, you just have to let her cool off for a little bit."

"I know Miss Annalise." I got up and turned to leave. I checked to make sure that nobody was coming around the corner before I said anything. "I wanna ask Bre to marry me while we're here, I asked Tee to help me plan a little something."

"That's wonderful news honey."

"She been patient with me for a long time so I gotta do right by her but before anything is finalized, I just wanted to ask for your blessing."

"You have my blessing Mikhail, I wish you both so much love and many more years of happiness." She pulled me into a hug and I hugged her back.

"Thank you Miss Annalise." I pulled away and she smiled at me. "I'll see you when we get back."

"Stay safe now."

"We will."

•••••••••••
5:26 pm.

"These are for you." Tee said as she placed a bouquet of my favourite flowers on the kitchen table next to my laptop.

"Who are they from?"

"Here." She handed me a card and stood back with a smile on her face.

"What?" She shrugged and I opened the card. I read it and sucked my teeth before getting up and throwing both the card and flowers into the trash.

"Why did you do that?"

"Mikhail can go to fucking hell." I sat back down and went back to what I was doing on my laptop.

"Are you guys fighting again?"

"I'd rather not talk about it."

"Come on." She sat down next to me and placed her hand over mine. "You know you can talk to me about anything."

"Mikhail is getting on my last nerve and I'd just rather not deal with him right now."

"What happened?"

"We got into it lastnight about Antwon and this man took my phone, like who does that? Does he think I'm his child where he can just take my shit that I paid for and keep it until I do what he says? I'm leaving him alone and I just want him to do the same."

"Antwon is harmless or is it that he doesn't trust you?"

"Even when he has given me a million reasons not to trust him, I have never given him a reason to not trust me so I have no idea what triggered that argument lastnight."

"What are you bitches getting on about now?" Gizelle asked as she walked into the kitchen and dropped onto the chair next to me. "So?"

"Mikhail." She rolled her eyes and gave me a 'what now' look. "We got into it about Antwon lastnight and he took my phone."

"We all love Mikhail because he's a good guy but everytime you've cried, been sad, been angry, been absolutely pissed off about something, it's always because of Mikhail. You don't think it's time to move on to something better?" What was she saying? Was she implying that I leave Mikhail? I couldn't leave Mikhail, I didn't want better, I didn't want anyone else, I couldn't be with anyone else and call me stupid but I would rather to be with someone whose indiscretions were known to me than to be completely blindsided.

"I've spent eight years of my life with that man Zelle, what else could possibly be out there? I have bared the deepest darkest parts of my soul to him, he knows me better than I know myself sometimes and I don't think I could start over and allow someone else to get close to me like that."

"I get that but your happiness comes before anything and anyone else Bre." I shook my head to shake the thoughts of me being without Mikhail out of my head.

"He does make me happy but I hate conflict and he's always so sweet to me so when we argue, it just takes a toll on me."

"You're a grown woman so I can't tell you what to do but I don't like that he's like this with you. He had no right to take your phone because Antwon is bro, so I don't get it or do I? We're really fucking stupid because that man is jealous and there's no doubt about it."

"Jealousy isn't in Mikhail's vocabulary Zelle so it must be something else." But she was right because I had guy friends and he never behaved like this before.

"He probably thinks you and Antwon were a thing back in the day." They both laughed and Tee bumped my shoulder. "Got these niggas going crazy sis."

"Antwon did like you but that boy, what's his face had your nose wide open so you friend zoned him but he never left you out."

"Y'all are a mess and Dre didn't have my nose wide open, I had his nose wide open."

"Ant is cool but what did happen to Dre anyway?"

"Last I heard, he had like six kids and fifteen baby mommas." I laughed because that didn't make any sense and she knew it. "Stop looking at me like that."

"You're so stupid."

"You know it."

"Anyways, I'll be back later." Tee said as she got up and turned to leave. "Don't wait up."

"Where are you going?"

"I have a date."

"With who?" As far as I knew, she wasn't interested in anybody so this was new.

"I ran into Amya today." She said with a smile on her face. "She asked me out and I said yes."

"That's so sweet." Amya was a girl that she had the biggest crush on when she was in highschool but they never had a chance to date even though Amya knew she was crushing on her. "Have fun and say hi to her for me."

"I will, kisses." She left and I picked up my laptop to go back to the room. I got up and pushed my chair under.

"I'm about to go lay down, see you later."

"Alright mama." I left and went to my room and luckily Mikhail wasn't there because I wasn't going to deal with him right now.

••••••••••
10:05 pm.

I felt his lips on my neck and his dick poking my ass cheeks and his cupping one of my breasts but he had another thing coming if he thought he could use sex to get me to not be mad at him.

"Mikhail get away from me." I pushed his hand off and scooted away from him.

"Mama?"

"What do you want Mikhail?"

"You're going to leave me hanging just like that?" I sat up as did he and turned around to face him. "I apologize for lastnight and I apologize for taking your phone."

"Can I get my shit back now?"

"Of course mama." He reached behind him before he handed my phone to me and I immediately checked to make sure I hadn't missed any important messages which I hadn't.

"I don't get it Mikhail, you really don't trust me after all these years?"

"I trust you mama, more than I trust most of these niggas that are around me daily, it's that nigga that I don't trust with you or with anything that has to do with you."

"But Antwon is harmless, he never hurt me and never put me in a position to be hurt even when it didn't benefit him in any way." He ran his hand down his face and sighed. "He has never done anything to me so for me to just stop being friends with him, it wouldn't make me feel good."

"I can see how I was being an asshole and even though I ain't like it, I'm finna trust you that he's not going to hurt you."

"That's all I ask Mik and taking my phone wasn't cool at all, you can't do that again."

"Yeah, my bad." He pulled the blanket away and licked his lips. "You look good."

"No, not tonight." I was saying no but my body was reacting like it always did whenever he was around and looked at me in the slightest way. "Stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?"

"Goodnight Mikhail." I tried getting off the bed but his hand around my waist stopped me as he pulled me back onto the bed and got on top of me. "Babe, stop."

"Aight." He rolled off me and sat up against the headboard.

"Are you mad?" I asked as I crawled over to him and sat on my knees next to him.

"You're good mama and you know I would never force you into anything you ain't up for." He opened his arms and I lay on his chest as he wrapped his arms around me. "You know a nigga loves you."

"I love you too."

••••••••••

Who in their right mind updates at 1 am?? Me, because I am not in my right mind....

Hope you enjoy and leave a comment so I can know what you guys think of the story so far....

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

1.1M 45.3K 77
𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒖𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒂𝒍 ✨
14.6K 873 21
Is LOVE supposed to "Hurt so Good?"
154K 5.9K 50
there's always another side to the story.. what really happens while leah's gone ?
27.4K 783 16
Love is a drug, a drug he tried so hard not to get high on, because like all drugs, they come with side effects, and those side effects only last a s...