Time enough for love (lumity...

By Nuddy03

Amity finally found the courage to confess her feelings to Luz, only for it to end in disaster. As Amity tri... More

Confession and rejection
Confusion
Regret
Sympathy
Punishment
Fear
A plan to find mittens
Searching for Mittens
Mittens found
Stay with me
Tough talks
The times we look back on
A new guest in the boiling isles
Sleepover
Sleepover part 2
A rough day
Unrequited love
A strange encounter
The next 6 days part 1
The next 6 days part 2
Meteor shower
Interrogation
Roses are red
Violets are blue
It's I against I
And me against you
Do it for her
That's how you know you can win
A/N
Battle at Blight manor
A tortured past
Amity's mind
A dreaded message
This chapter may be ending
Easter special (non canon)
But the story is just beginining
Sequel out!!

Christmas special (canon)

869 22 44
By Nuddy03

A/N hello everyone. Because of a burst of holiday spirit I thought I'd make a little bonus chapter and unlike the Easter special this one actually is canon to the story. And stick around till the end for a festive announcement.

Luz POV
"I can't believe you guys don't even have Christmas here!" I say with shock as I drag more Christmas decorations through the portal.

"Well based on the fact we don't have a 'Christ' it really shouldn't come as much of a surprise." Lilith responded.

"Wow sis really getting a holiday spirit coming off you." Eda joked as she juggles the baubles, much the my stress.

"It's more about being around loved ones instead of the Christ fellow anyway." Gus pointed out as he placed a wreath around hooty's neck.
"Right Luz?"

"Right you are my good man!" I smiled.
"It's about being around the best people in the world."

"Nah it's about the free stuff!" King argued as he jumped up on the couch.

As we continued to put up the decorations a very clear chanting could be heard approaching the owl house.
The chanting consisted of two voices saying...

"CHRISTMAS! CHRISTMAS! CHRISTMAS!" Ed and Em changed as they essentially leaped through the door.

"How can the two of you be so excited for a holiday you just learned about?" Amity sighed with disbelief as she followed her siblings.

"Surely you know by now not to question those two." Nick joked as he and Amity entered the room.

My heart gave a flutter as my eyes fell onto her. Despite me now spending the majority of time in the boiling isles the two of us still hadn't gotten together. Everything was just kind of up in the air and awkward, things were still settling down after the battle at blight manor a few months ago. Amity had also dyed her hair purple which looked amazing, which had done a world of wonders for my bi panics, they now happened about 2 million times a day instead of 1 million.

"YO LUZ!" Eda yelled loudly which snapped me out of my slightly creepy staring and refocus on reality.
"You gonna help here or not?!" Eda asked as she carried a box of decorations.

I jumped up and started helping set up the decorations, trying to distract myself from the blush that I knew was on my face.

"So what can us lot do to help?" Willow asked Luz.

"Oh you can help me start cooking the Christmas dinner!" Camilla said as she brought some ingredients through the portal.

"So is this Christmas thing why you told us to pick names out a hat and get a gift for them?" Eda asked luz.

"Yeah that's secret Santa!" Luz said with happiness.

"Well can we open them!" Edric asked with the excitement of a child!

"How old are you?" Emira teased.

"Presents are amazing at any age!" Edric pouted

"Well how about we go and get everyone else for the party and then open gifts." Nick suggested.

"Who's left to get that isn't here?" Lilith asked.

"Just Skara, Boscha, Jerbo and Viney." Amity answered.

"We can get Viney and Jerbo." Em suggested.

"Luz and Amity can get the other two." Willow said with a smirk.

Me and Amity looked at each other and looked away blushing. "Oh great." I thought to myself. "This isn't going to be awkward at all."

The two of us left the owl house and began the seemingly endless walk to Skara's house while we stayed in agonising silence. Seemingly neither of us had forgotten the night before I was meant to leave the boiling isles where I went to kiss Amity and she had not reciprocated. Now it should be simple, I like Amity and she likes me so why shouldn't we just get together?

That question taunted me on many sleepless nights. There was just so much going on with Belos, Zoe, Alador and Odalia that how could we just start a normal relationship?

Still, I refused to not talk to someone who was still an amazing friend so I initiated the conversation. "It must be weird living with Nick and Lilith?"

Amity looked over. "Well Lilith has been training me for years so I'm used to her being around but Nick is... interesting." Amity joked.

"Yeah I can imagine." I laughed.

"Oh and he hates it if you walk in on him dyeing his hair." Amity added with a gleeful smile.

"Oh no you didn't." I laughed as Amity nodded, barely stopping herself from cracking up.

"All I wanted to dye my roots again." Amity said as she pointed to her now purple hair.

"Well it looks great." I said shyly and Amity blushed as she tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Hey Luz." Amity began, sounding a bit more serious. "I know before you went home I said if you stayed here we could get together."

"Yeah i remember." I respond.

"And I do still really like you." Amity continued with a nervous blush. "But I just don't know if i'm ready to start dating with everything going on."

I could see clear pain on the girl's face, this was agony for her and sympathy flooded my heart. "Amity." I said as Amity met my gaze. "I understand."

"You do?" Amity responded with surprise. "You don't hate me?"

I smiled softly at the girl. Despite them now not being able to physically affect Amity anymore, the blight's influence was still evident on her. She still would blame herself constantly and eating was an active struggle. I don't know if what they did to Amity can ever fully be undone but that wouldn't stop me from trying.

"Amity I could never hate you." At that Amity gave a soft smile with filled me with warmth. "I will wait for you, and when you are ready, you know where to find me."

"You're a good friend Luz." Amity said softly. "Thank you."

We soon arrived at Skara's house and knocked on the door. A tall stern looking woman opened the door and glanced down at us. "What can I do for you girls? She asked with seriousness.

"Is Skara here?" Amity asked with a tone of voice that told me she was familiar with this woman but not very fond of her.

"Yes she is." The woman responded. "Most likely still goofing off with that new girlfriend of hers instead of studying." She added with clear distaste in her voice. "I will fetch them."

The woman then closed the door, leaving me and Amity to wait. "Well she's..." I said, trying to find a nice word to describe her.

"A bitch." Amity finished the sentence.

"Amity!" I gasped, though failing to hold back my laughter.

"Well she is!" Amity defended. "Ever since her husband died she's been way colder to Skara. Something I have can relate to."

"Well i suggest you don't let her hear you call her that." I giggled.

After a few moments Skara and Boscha opened the door. "Hey guys!" Skara smiled happily, contrasting the slightly annoyed face Boscha was seemingly always wearing.

"Hey you two." I smiled. "We're doing a Christmas party at the Owl house if you guys wanna come."

"Is this why you texted us telling us to get gifts for people I don't really care for."Boscha asked grumpily.

"Yes it is." Amity answered, with slight hostility.

Me and Skara noticed a bit of tension so quickly moved on. "Yeah we'd love to come." Skara said. "Let us just grab the gifts."

Skara and Boscha grabbed their presents and we made our way back to the Owl house. By the time we got back, all the decoration were up and the owl House was lit up and the feeling of Christmas overwhelmed me and even brought a tear to my eye. "Guys this is beautiful." I awed.

"Well you are looking at the greatest decorator in the boiling isles. Gus said proudly.

"Apart from the bits you couldn't reach." Willow teased, causing Gus to blush.

"Can we do the presents now?!" Ed asked with impatience.

"Dinner is still a little while off so I don't see why not." My mother responded sweetly.

We all gave our gits to the person we were secret santa off.

Gus got me a bat with a bunch of places to draw glyphs to i could use them more easily in a fight.

Willow got Gus a book from the human world about greatest unsolved mysteries of earth.

Boscha got Willow a rare house plant, denying that it had been any trouble getting but still being visibly pleased Willow liked it.

Skara got Boscha a pair of three eyed sunglasses.

Viney got Skara some extra strong string for her harp made from some spiderants she had been raising.

Emira got Viney a locket with a moving picture showing their favourite memories on it.

Edric got Emira an ugly sweater that said 'World's most annoying sister.' On the front and 'But still the best sister.' On the back.

Jerbo got Edric a book about dastardly prank ideas.

Nick got Jerbo a mug that said 'I'm dating the world's least mature man, so yes this is my 4th cup.'

Lilith got Nick 10 packets of silver hair dye.

Hooty got Lilith a plate with a massive picture of his face on it which manged to amuse ad disturb everyone in the room at the same time.

Eda got Hooty a small bath so he could clean himself more effectively, basically so she didn't have to clean him anymore.

King gave Eda a horrific looking toy version of herself that he'd made which despite it terrifying nature King loved.

Amity got King a cupcake, finally replacing the one she'd crushed so many months ago.

And I gave Amity a scrapbook with pictures from all our most wacky adventures, also getting my mom a mug with 'World's most amazing mom' On it.

Okay dinner is ready my mom announced as we served it all up, the group of us sitting around the table, sharing stories. Today felt perfect, seemingly nothing could dampen our mood. I wished life could stay this perfect forever.

Hunter POV

I remained hidden behind the bushes that surrounded the owl house. I heard a rustling behind me and sighed. "You're late Zoe."

"I'm here aren't I?" She smirked. "And it's not like I missed much."

"Not the point Zoe." I argued. "We have direct orders from the Emperor to keep an eye on this lot."

"Which you were still able to do even without me." Zoe said sarcastically while offering a taunting clap. "So congratulations."

"Just be quiet and help me watch them." I said as I allowed silence to fall between us, for about 5 seconds before Zoe spoke up again.

"Oh Hunter one more thing." Zoe said quickly.

I groaned as I looked at her. "What?!" I asked with exasperation to which Zoe smirked.

"Merry Christmas."

A/N. Hope you all enjoyed this little Christmas special/tease for the next book. I'm glad to announce that writing of the next book in this story has begun but I do have a question. Would you prefer me to release each chapter once it's written or begin releasing chapters when the whole book is written? If we do the former then you will get chapters sooner but they will be more inconsistently uploaded and may have not as effective foreshadowing and such.

If we do the latter then it will be longer before we get chapters uploaded but i will be able to upload chapters at a consistent rate with more effective set up etc. Let me know what you would prefer in the comments and I can't wait to keep writing this story.

Merry Christmas.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

526 13 6
This story plays before Season 2 of The Owl House and Luz and Amity are a bit older. Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters nor the artwork! ...
431 14 11
When Amity was forced to cut ties with Willow and was sent away for four years of High School. In the meantime, Luz stumbled into the Demon Realm mak...
86 1 11
This story is marked complete but be aware, the story is unfinished, i may some day continue writing it but until then it will be marked complete. If...
10.2K 223 23
What if the group never escaped to the Human Realm? What if they defeated the Collector and brought peace to the Isles? What if Luz fixed the portal...