Warrior, Or Devil? (Attack on...

By RWBYCheesecoffee

A former member of Marley's warrior program is given the ultimate opportunity. More

Running; Surviving
Warhammer Onslaught
Aftermath
Paradis
The Attacking Man
Shiganshina
Carla
Eren and Armin
Infinite Garden

Mikasa

2.9K 127 36
By RWBYCheesecoffee

POV-(Y/n):

The warm blanket tucked nicely around me as I snuggled in. The mysterious Tybur woman's lap serving as a wonderful cushion for my aching head. The snow falling softly around us as we sat in perfect tranquility. The woman reading her book; and me watching the beautiful snowflakes gently fall upon the ground.

Then they appeared.

Whom or what they were I did not know, yet they had an eerily familiar aura to them. Like I had seen them all before. The shadowy silhouettes all stood in the distance around the woman and I, gazing at the massive tree with the little girl sitting beneath it. I couldn't decide whether to feel fear for them or not.

They were all different; some with masculine forms and some with feminine forms. Some with broad and muscular frames and some were petite and slender forms. Some were stout, others were curvaceous. There were so many of them; too many to count with my current energy.

There was only one thing that was similar with all the humanoid silhouettes besides them just being silhouettes.

The Crest

They all had what I could only guess was the ornate Tybur family crest on them. Some had them on a ring like I did, others had them on pendants, while others had it on flags, sashes, or coats of arms. This family insignia linked them all together. It was then that I came to a realization.

     They were all previous wielders of the Warhammer Titan Power.

It was staggering how many times the power had changed hands; all looking equally imposing. All of the shadows glaring at the gigantic tree and the strange girl resting beneath it, her bucket right next to her as she rested from her work.

Then the clouds suddenly turned gray, and all the figures immediately turned away from the girl beneath the tree to look at the woman and I. Every single one I looked at, there was a different influx of screams from the unholy hells that each one released upon the world when they were alive. Hundreds of millions of screams from the people that fell victim to the Warhammer Titan holders.

     I clutched my head in pain; the screams tearing my eardrums to shreds as I bled from my ears. I covered my ears, yet the screams of agony persisted as clear as day. There was nothing I could do. I dug my fingernails into my scalp hard enough for it to bleed, anything to take my mind off the screaming that punctured through my mind. The pain was so intense that it felt as though my brain was about to explode and my skull would shatter.

     Thunder cracked and shook the trees as the temperature only got colder. The wind intensified and chilled me to the bone as it blew. Golden lightning bolts ripped the sky asunder. The golden lightning would normally be so beautiful to me, but at this moment it all looks so horrifying. Rain began to fall from the sky and quickly froze as it descended through the air, peppering the snow covered ground with hail.

The beautiful and elegant snowy winter land had quickly became a frozen hellscape the likes of which I've never see before.

     Tears fell from my eyes as I wrapped my arms around the waist of the Tybur woman next to me; desperate for any form of salvation as I snuggled into her; the very woman I had taken this power from. The warmth of her body being the only thing keeping me from succumbing too...well I'm not too sure.

     The cold?

     The hail?

The burning gaze of the former wielders?

The agonizing screams going through my mind?

So many different things...I felt as though I would die if I released my hold on the woman. The silhouettes of the former wielders then began to walk closer to the woman and I. All of them gaining a more distinctive form as they got closer; the screams of those they massacred in their lifetimes continuing to rip through me.

Then...

Apocalypse

Hundreds of lightning bolts ripped through the sky; each striking one of the silhouette former wielder as they each donned their perspective Warhammer titan forms. Hundreds of tall terrifying and imposing figures now looked down upon us; the monsters of the Tybur Family incarnate. Their gleaming silver eyes shining through the storm.

They all crystalized and manifested the Warhammer Titan's signature namesake, the hammer itself. Each hammer looking different to the next like all the titans did; each holder unique. They all raised their mighty weapons; like they were about to obliterate the woman and I with their next unified swings.

I slammed my eyes shut, preparing for the incoming demise. Not knowing or comprehending what was going on. I tightened my arms around the woman and snuggled into her; scared for my life. The screaming was now just a secondary thought compared to all the Warhammer Titans around us.

The ground quaked as they all swung their weapons downwards in a mighty heave; looking to shatter the very planet beneath them.

I braced myself for death; only to feel a smooth hand run through my hair. There was then a soft "thunk" as the Tybur woman closed her book with her hand, her other hand being the one petting me. The hail had completely stopped and the wind had calmed down. I slowly opened my eyes to see all the silhouette Warhammer Titans had frozen in place mid-swing; like godly sculptures. The screaming had stopped completely all at the same time. The woman I was hugged around spoke. I looked up at her to see that her eyes had gone from their usual deep greyish color to now being a gleaming silver color of the other holders. Similar to the glowing violet eyes of the girl with the bucket, only silver instead of violet.

Don't worry child, you'll get used to them. All new wielders of our power do.

     (Y/n): L-Lady Tybur?

     She smiled so sweetly that I felt a warmth in my very soul.

     Yes child, I'm here with you and always will be.

She looked up from my head that was resting on her lap and over to the girl at the giant tree. A massive bolt of strangely purple lightning came down and struck the gigantic tree; yet didn't damage it. The young girl with the violet eyes stood up and yawned, stretching afterwards. She picked up her bucket and began walking towards us; the bucket sloshed with the water and sand mixture within it. She never once broke eye contact with me, and I never once wanted to look away. Those violet eyes seemed to hold so much beauty and meaning; though what the meaning was I wasn't too sure yet.

The angelic singing of the feminine voice began again; like it always did when I saw the violet eyed girl with a bucket. The voice soothed my burning eardrums that had been overran by the screams beforehand. The voice flowed through my ears as I snuggled back into my blanket and cuddled closer to the former Warhammer wielding woman, Lady Tybur.

     The most shocking thing about it were the Warhammer Titans' reaction. They all held different frames and weapons; armor in places, masculine and feminine forms. Yet; despite how different each one was from the other...

     They all bowed to the little girl as she passed; like Mighty Knights bowing before their powerful King.

     This was absolutely amazing to me; that something held so much authority as to have different incredibly powerful Warhammer Titans from throughout the years bow. I was in shock! Unfortunately the closer she got, the more I began to fade out just like before.

The elegant woman petting my head.

The beautiful voice soothing me.

The Warhammer Titans halted.

The screaming stopped.

And the basking glow of the girl's glowing violet eyes the likes of which I could never look away.

As I faded back into my slumber, the girl with the bucket stopped about five feet away from the woman and I. She tilted her head in curiosity; looking at me as though I was an anomaly that caught her interest. She reached her hand out to me yet again; and just as it had before...

Everything faded to white.

My eyes opened; no longer fatigued from the lack of sleep or bloodshed I had unleashed. My body felt rejuvenated, no longer burning with pain or aching from malnutrition. I was in a very warm and comfy bed with intricate hand sewn quilts covering me. I had been dressed in some nice pajama pants and shirt. The glowing evening orange sun shined it's beautiful rays through the window next to the bed, warming my face.

The humble room I was is was a cozy one, with a bed, standing wardrobe, dresser, tall mirror, and many other pieces of hand-crafted furniture. These "Grisha and Carla" people had seemingly gone to a lot of trouble to take me in and make me feel comfortable. Trouble I'm not sure I'll ever be able to repay.

After laying there in serene comfort I decided to see if I could still move my body. I started slow and cautiously; sitting up and looking out to window to see the pretty buildings I had before. I was in a calm neighborhood with the houses neatly constructed next to each other. It was so alien compared to what I was used to back within Liberio's walls that I just leaned on the window sill and gazed out down the roadway. I couldn't see much outside the neighborhood from this angle but what I could see was a beautiful setting nonetheless.

There was then a light click of the doorknob as it turned. I quickly turned towards the door on the other side of the room to see an adorable girl! She stood about my height, perhaps a little shorter but it was hard to tell. She had smooth light skin and shimmering black hair that went done past her shoulders; a distinctive strip of hair hanging down between her eyes. Speaking of which, her eyes were a beautiful sparkling gray color that widened ever so slightly as she looked into mine. She wore a long white dress with pink button up shirt and a red scarf around her neck; which I found odd since it's warm enough in the house to not need a scarf, but I will admit it added to her cuteness.

     ??????: Oh, you're awake.

     She spoke in a very calm and quiet voice, her eyes betraying her calm look with their glimmering curiosity.

(Y/n): H-Hello! Thank you so much for your hospitality. Is this the Yeager household?

She tilted her head in a rather cute manner, like she wasn't expecting me to be able to speak the same language; let alone full sentences.

??????: Yes it is. Mr Yeager brought you here after he found your family killed by slavers in an outer district household.

     (Y/n): Oh...I see.

     I assumed this had obviously been a lie that Grisha told them in order to cover up the fact that I was a warrior from another continent with the power of the titans. Going by the conversation I vaguely remember him having with that wonderful Carla woman when we arrived, it was unlikely that his family knew he had a Titan power as well. I suppose in a world as isolated as this one seems to be, that's a normal deception for him to keep from them. But...

     For how long would he keep something that secretive from his family?

     Damn it. I've been awake only a few minutes and my mind is already spinning with so many questions about the mysterious man known as Grisha Yeager.

     ??????: I...

She paused, like she was searching for a better way to say what she wanted to say. She pondered it for a few seconds, a sadness to her eyes that looked like quite the contrast to her monotone face that had shown beforehand.

(Y/n): Have I said something wrong? I'm sorry if I'm being a bother.

She snapped out of her thoughts and answered, walking towards me as she did until she was right next to the bed.

??????: No, you've done nothing wrong. I just wanted to say that I'm truly sorry for your losses. I...know what it's like to lose a family. I promise that we'll all do our best to be the best family we can be to you.

She hugged me very tightly after this, her arms around me made me feel safe and her embrace felt weirdly strong for how slender her body was. I returned the hug, wrapping my arms around her small frame. The hug felt nice...very comforting and wholesome as her soft black hair rubbed against the side of my face. She eventually separated the hug, sitting on the bed next to me.

     (Y/n): Thank you Ms...um

     ??????: Mikasa Ackerman, it's nice to meet you (Y/n).

     (Y/n): You already know my name?

     ??????: Yes, Grisha told us your name when he and Mrs Yeager brought you in.

     (Y/n): Well, Mikasa is a very pretty name!

     She got a small smile on her face at the compliment.

     Mikasa: Thank you (Y/n), I like your name too. Are you feeling any better?

     (Y/n): Yes I'm feeling a lot better. A little hungry but all around well, thank you.

     Mikasa: You should thank Mr and Mrs Yeager, they did most of it.

     (Y/n): Still, you're here talking to me and that means a lot too!

     Mikasa: Oh, well I'm glad I could help if that's the case. There's something I'm curious of though...

     (Y/n): What would that be?

Mikasa: These markings around your eyes, what are they?

She pointed to the diamond shaped wounds beside my eyes and then the curved line wounds underneath my eyes. These markings were the vital tissue and nerves of my titan form that ingrained into my human body while active. I obviously didn't feel as though I could tell her that right off the bat, so I decided to lie...at least for now. After all...how on Earth could I possibly begin to explain all of it to someone who doesn't know titan shifters exist.

(Y/n): I'm not too sure yet, Mr Yeager said that they would heal quickly in time.

Mikasa: Interesting, I want a closer look.

     Before I could even react, she immediately lightly pushed me down back onto the bed and leaned over me. Her strength was incredible for her small size! She proceeded to crawl over top me and get about 5 inches away from my face, closely inspecting the markings on my face. I could feel her nice cool breath on my face as I gazed into her beautiful sparkling gray eyes. She reached and gently ran her index finger across one of the markings, causing me to lightly flinch. It didn't necessarily hurt, those wounds were just very tender and sensitive until they healed; something that she quickly mistook for pain.

Mikasa: Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you..

(Y/n): You didn't, they're just sensitive to the touch is all.

Mikasa: I think they're pretty.

(Y/n): Thanks! You have very pretty eyes Mikasa.

A light red blush coming to her face; she quickly sat up and pulled her scarf up over her mouth to cover the blush on her cheeks. She looked so cute as she did this!

Mikasa: Th-Thank you. Nobody has ever said that to me before.

(Y/n): You're very welcome, I'm honestly surprised you've never heard it from others. You're so pretty!

Still clearly blushing and not knowing how to deal with the compliments, she stood up off the bed and took my arm.

Mikasa: Can you walk?

(Y/n): I don't know, I haven't tried since I arrived here at the house. I couldn't stand in the carriage on the ride over here and had to be carried in.

Mikasa: Do you want to try? You can lean on me and I'll catch you if you fall.

I couldn't help but smile at the girl's kind offer; her voice slightly muffled by the scarf.

(Y/n): I'd like that a lot, thanks Mikasa!

Gently grabbing her arm and resting my weight on her, I slid my legs out from under the quilts and slowly lowered my feet to the floor. I slowly stood up off the bed but was very wobbly on my legs and immediately started to fall; only to be caught and held up by Mikasa.

(Y/n): S-Sorry!

Mikasa: Don't worry, I've got you.

She easily leaned my body against her's as she slowly but surely guided me across the room; making me more comfortable on my own two feet with every guided step.

(Y/n): Thank you so much for this Mikasa, I don't know how I'll be able to repay your kindness.

Mikasa: You don't need to worry about any "repaying" (Y/n). Like I said;

We'll do our best to be a good family to you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.3K 1.3K 53
Y/n is a sixteen year old girl, that decided to be an exchange student in Japan. That is how the journey started. She makes many friends and meets a...
18.4K 205 14
This is a story of one person to become a legendary cardfighter
512 17 11
Y/n L/n, A hero in training of the Saiyan Race, finally makes it into UA.
312 0 14
This may contain content sensitive to some readers!! A young going to paradise to find a cure to his ability, but finding his friends from back home...