Marco

By NiqueMkw

Amara Park : Independent small bakery owner. She is obsessed with watching movies and TV shows. She can't go... More

Characters
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five

Chapter Three

92.7K 3K 980
By NiqueMkw

Amara pov

"So you have your own bakery?" Dante asks.

"Yes, I took a loan from the bank to open it. I've almost paid it off" I say smiling.

Everyone continues chatting and laughing and I can't help but miss the days where I used to sit around the table with my family.

Someone gently touches my hand and I turn to see Leonardo. I give him a gentle nod and we continue eating. I look up and see Stefano staring at me, I give him a smile which he returns.

Dinner continues with everyone conversing and laughing.

________

"I can drive you home" Stefano says.

Almost everyone already left and it's only me, Stefano, Dante and Aria.

"No that's fine, I'll call an Uber, besides this is your house. You don't need to go through all that trouble for me" I say smiling.

"We can take you" Dante says.

"No guys, I'll take her. You guys can go" Stefano says.

He gives Dante a look and Dante takes Aria's hand.

"It was nice meeting Amara, I hope I see more of you" Dante says before throwing a wink? To Stefano?

They leave and I take out my phone to call the Uber. Stefano suddenly grabs my phone and smiles at me.

"I said I'll take you Mara" he says.

"But-"

"No buts, I'm taking you home. End of discussion." he says

We hear Marco cry and I glance at Stefano for permission, he nods his head and I head up the stairs.

I walk in to see a sleepy looking Marco, rubbing his eyes. He spots me and lifts up his arms tiredly.

" Mamma" he says.

I freeze for a second before walking to him and picking him up. It must have slipped out. Wait, why wasn't his mom here tonight anyways? Mmm...

I walk down the stairs with Marco holding my dress tightly and his head in my neck.

"Look who's keeping papà up tonight" Stefano says chuckling.

I smile and kiss Marco's head.

"My little chocolate chipie?" I whisper.

"Mmm?" he hums.

"Mara has to go now, okay?" I say quietly.

"No, mamma stay" he says stubbornly.

Stefano looks stunned at Marco before his eyes travel to mine. I smile softly to reassure him. Stefano clears his throat and steps forward to take Marco, however he just tightens his hold on me.

"Marco, she's not your mamma. Come." Stefano says sternly.

I don't know why I feel a pang in my heart after he said that. Marco starts crying and I move around to shush him. He finally opens his arms to his dad and Stefano takes him gently.

"Where mamma?" he asks his dad.

"Mamma's gone, Figlio" Stefano says with an angry, hurt look in his eyes.

I take my coat from the hanger and turn to the front door.

"Amara, I said I'm taking you and that's final" Stefano says with that stern voice he used on Marco.

"Mawa, home?" Marco asks.

"Yes champ, but we're taking her okay?" Stefano says before kissing his son's head.

My heart melts at the sight, they're the cutest father-son interaction I've ever seen. Stefano tells me to wait for him before he walks up the stairs.

After a few minutes he comes back with Marco wearing a jersey and shoes.

"Shall we?" Stefano says smiling.

I nod and we head to his car, and must I say... These people are rich rich.

Stefano puts Marco in his car seat and I get in the front. I tell him which way to go and the drive is quiet but comfortable.

"Stefano?" I say quietly.

"Yes beautiful?" he says nonchalantly.

"Do you know Jeong Park, he played in some k-drama series a few times." I say smiling.

"Ummmm... Oh, *chuckles*. My sister is obsessed with that guy." he says smiling.

I stare at him, looking if he noticed yet, but... nothing.

"Take a picture, it will last longer" he says smiling.

I shake my head and laugh silently.

"What?" he asks.

"You'll figure it out soon enough" I say laughing.

He looks at me confused before parking in front of my small townhouse. My brother insisted on paying for this because he didn't help me with my bakery.

"You have a beautiful home" Stefano says.

"Thank you. Bye bye Marco, see u tomorrow right?" I say.

Marco claps his hands together while giggling. He's so adorable.

"Buh-bye!" he says.

Stefano and I both laugh before I get out. I wave bye before entering my house. I look through the window and see Stefano smirk before he slowly pulls away.

_____________

2 weeks later

These 2 weeks has been so strange. Marco hasn't come by and it's weird. I also can't stop thinking about Stefano. I mean, I shouldn't get my hopes up. He's so hot, there's no way that he'll go with a girl like me.

My thoughts are interrupted by the ring of the doorbell. I look up and a smile immediately appears on my face.

"Mawa!" Marco yells.

I run up to Leonardo and gently take Marco out of his arms. I hug him tightly and he giggles.

"Mawa miss, mawco!" he giggles.

"Yes jellybean, Mara missed Marco sooo much" I say kissing his cheek.

I balance him on my hip and he holds my shirt tightly.

"That's great actually, cause you have to babysit him. We're going on a little trip but Stefano can't go because he's meeting an important client in the week" Leonardo says rubbing his head.

"Sure, no problem but, what does Stefano think of this?" I ask him.

"He actually said if it's okay with you, there's no problem" he says smiling.

"Oh okay, but Marco will have to stay with him till 2pm. That's when I usually close during holidays like these" I say.

"No problem, he has a play room in Stefano's office anyways." he says smiling.

"Cool, when do you leave?" I ask.

"Now actually" he says before running out.

He comes back after a few minutes with two big bags.

"These are his toys, and in this are his clothes, diapers, wipes, snacks" he says before handing me the bags.

He kisses my head and Marco's before sprinting out. I laugh and head to my small office. I sit Marco on the carpet and take out some of his toys.

I suddenly get a call from an unknown number.

Call

Amara : Amara Park here , who am I speaking to?

Unknown : Hey it's Stefano, is Marco with you?

Amara : oh hi and yes, he's here.

Stefano : Good and thank you for offering to look after him.

Amara : umm, I didn't offer...

Stefano : but Leoanardo said- ugh, that sneaky little bitch.

Amara : *laughing* it's okay Stefano, I'd love to watch over him. But only after 2 pm, is that okay?

Stefano : no no, it's okay. He can stay here until then. Will you be able to pick him up from here?

Amara : I actually don't have a car yet, I'm still saving...

Stefano : Then you can use one of my cars then.

Amara : nope, I'm not using your things.

Stefano : Please Amara, it's for my son as well

Amara : okay fine, your lucky I can drive *laughs *

Stefano : Such a beautiful laugh... Ahem, see you tonight then?

Amara : what do you mean?

Stefano : *chuckles * well I have to pick up my son, don't I? *laughs *

Amara : Oh yeah, okay then bye see you tonight.

Hangs up.

I look over to Marco who's playing with his toy car, he looks so sweet.

"Chocolate chip cookies?" I ask smiling.

His face immediately lights up.

"Cookies!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 26.6K 40
Aitana Daniels was at the age of twenty-six. She gave birth to her baby girl Freyah Raven Daniels six years ago at age twenty. Many people call Aitan...
104K 5.2K 20
|| WINNER AMBYS 2022 VAMPIRES CATEGORY || || FEATURED: FOODKART || When single mother and baker Autumn Milford is hired to cater a high-end party in...
320K 14K 26
Daniel Watts is a widowed father of two, Gianna and Grant. After five years of being on his own, Daniel decides to hire a live-in nanny to take care...
2.8M 101K 67
Her : unfulfilled dream and a life changing encounter Him : a painful past and an unchanging future until the amazing yet fearful encounter ... a...