Chapter Twenty Two

Amara pov

After Stefano left, Marco and I went to nap. Or "Nappies" as he says.

He's still asleep but I'm making dinner for us. Jeong and Chiara are on their moving date, so we're alone.

Call-

Stefano - Amore, where are you? Are you okay, is Marco okay?

Amara - we're at home and we're fine Stef, what's going on?

Stefano - I'll tell you now, I'm almost there.

Hangs up.

What the hell?

I go upstairs to check on Marco. He's sitting up on the bed now. He sees me and smiles widely. I smile as I walk to him. I lift him up and kiss his cheek.

"Mamma, I hungwy" he says.

"Okay baby, mamma's making dinner for us, will you help me?" I ask him.

I put him on the floor and he runs out. I follow him out and watch him climb down the stairs.

"Careful baby" I say.

He smiles and continues his climbing. He finally reaches the end and I softly praise him. The doorbell rings consistently. I frown and walk down to open the door. Marco stands behind me as I open it.

As soon as it opens, Stefano rushes past me and looks around. He sees Marco next to me and falls to his knees.

He hugs Marco tightly. Marco giggles while I stand there confused. I close the door causing Stefano to look up at me. He stands up with Marco still in his arms and pulls me to his chest. I feel a kiss on my head.

"I'm so glad you guys are okay." he whispers.

"Why wouldn't we be? What's going on Stef?" I ask.

He sighs and takes my hand. He leads me to the kitchen, where I continue making our dinner.

"Elaina came to my office. She was the who stole the file. She told me she wants shared custody over Marco. If I don't oblige, she'll give my file to my grandad. His company is struggling and those ideas would help them. She also wants me to leave... You" he says. I can tell he's very worried by his scrunched up eyebrows.

"Why does she suddenly want Marco? Marco's my son." I state.

"I don't know Amore. I told her I'll not give her custody over Marco nor will I break up with you. You're my family, and I'll do everything and anything to protect my family." he says. I smile at him and switch off the stove before walking to where he's sitting.

"We'll get through this together" I say.

"She's taking me to court to fight for full custody. What if I lose my son Amara? I can't lose my son. You and him are the most important people to me right now, I can't lose either of you" he says. His vulnerability is making me see that he trusts me.

"No no no. No such talk. You won't lose Marco. We won't lose Marco. You raised him without her. You were there for him, you are here for him. There's no way that they can take him from you, okay?" I say.

"But they usually give the woman custody. I'm sure she'll come up with some sort of lie." he says.

"Then your parents and friends will be there to be witnesses. We'll all be here for you. You're not losing any of us. We are not losing our son to that bitch" I say the last word aggressively.

"Bitch!" Marco repeats.

Stefano and I laugh quietly.

"Yes she's a bitch, but mamma's jellybean mustn't say bad words, Okay?" I say, smiling at him.

"No bad wowd!" he repeats again.

I kiss his head and he turns in his dad's arms, to grab my face. He studies it before placing a wet kiss on my nose.

"Thank you baby" I say, rubbing the drool from my nose.

He turns in Stefano's hold and whispers something in his ear. Stefano scrunches his eyebrows together before he walks out to the living room.

I starts dishing our food when Marco comes running in, straight towards me.

He tugs my shorts and look up at me with his beautiful grey eyes.

"Yes baby?" I ask.

"Mamma make me cocomelo. Papà no find it" he says.

Smile and pick him up. I walk to the living room where Stefano is standing with the remote in his hands.

"You know what this coco shit is?" he asks.

I roll my eyes and take the remote from him. I go into YouTube and into Marco's account. All the coocomelon rhymes show up and I click one of them.

"It's on YouTube?" Stefano asks.

"No, it's on playstore" I say rolling my eyes.

Marco wiggles in my arms and I place him on the ground. He stands in front of the TV and starts dancing and singing along.

Stefano looks at me confusingly. I shrug and walk back to the kitchen. He follows me.

I continue dishing our food and feel him behind me. He rests his face in my neck and kisses it.

"I missed you" he says.

"Stef, we saw each other last night and this morning." I say.

"I don't care" he mumbles.

I smile and lean in to kiss his cheek. I push his plate towards him and pull myself out of his arms. He groans to which I roll my eyes.

"Marco! Baby! Come it's dinner time!" I yell.

I make his food a little cold for him and mash his potatoes and chicken.

Marco comes running into the kitchen and lifts up his arms as soon as he reaches me. I lift him up and place him on the isle. I sit down on the stool and feed Marco while eating my food.

"you're so cute" Stefano says as he sits down next to me and starts eating his food.

I smile at him before I continue feeding Marco. He's taking big bites. He probably can't wait to get back to the tv.

Stefano leans over and kisses my cheek. I look at him with confusion written on my face.

"What was that for?" I ask him.

"For caring for me and our son. Thank you for the dinner sweetheart " he says giving me the last goofy smile for a while.

___________

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter.

Do you think Stefano and Amara will stay strong and fight for Marco?

Who's unknown? Any suspicions?

Special thanks to _navyblueee_ for creating this amazing book cover.

Stay safe peeps! 😘